It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a look at the other side: My Near Death Experience...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dan steely
I am on prescribed medication, the side effects can be lucid dreams, which I have been having for about seven years, I am used to them. the point I was making, is the feeling I had was very, very, bad, the opposite of your experience, it seemed to overwhelming to be a dream.

I read an article recently, that explained why NDE, is NOT triggered by your brain, but, I am new hear, and I am not sure if this is the correct forum, thank you for your previous replies.

Friend, those same drugs that induce the lucid dreams are also more than likely the cause of the intense negative emotions and feelings you are experiencing; I would suggest consulting your dr about this, and would meditate in a peaceful,serene, green setting such as a meadow or forest.

I also hope that this will pass for you and that you may find the path that will lead you to peace of mind and in your heart.

namaste.
seeker

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your time.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I had an experience that is similar but different than the NDEs listed here. I wrote about it for another site and thought that it would fit in with this thread.

A Life Changing Experience

I went to college way back in the 1970s. Most of the guys had long hair and far too many people thought that the only way to find out the meaning of life was through the use of drugs. I just knew that this wasn’t the right approach for me. I had been brought up in a pretty fundamentalist church which hadn’t provided me with the answers to my questions either. When I had the nerve to ask one of the elders a question, I was usually punished for being insolent. That was the answer for all the hard questions about life that I asked. Needless to say, once I left home, I stopped attending church.

When I had free time, I read books about the Occult. I was always fascinated by the possibilities talked about in such books. I was particularly interested in out of body experiences, and communicating with spirits. I tried many of these things with little or no success. I never tried anything that I associated with the dark arts, just in case they could actually work. The last thing that I ever wanted was to be in league with evil.

I began to assume that these, occult practices, were just stories for someone’s fertile imagination. Then, I read a book that had a philosophy that I found particularly intriguing. Basically, it described, your experience on Earth as being a learning experience. In reality you are a much more developed being than you are here on earth. When you are born, you choose the circumstances of your birth to further your personal growth. It is necessary for you to forget the time between births in order for you to gain from your experience during this incarnation.

That made a lot of sense to me. That explained why there were so many inequities here on earth. You may choose to incarnate as a disabled person in order to gain a deeper understanding of being disabled. Your choice of parents may reflect people that you have had a conflict with in other incarnations so that you can learn to love each other during this time on earth. The more that I read of this, the more that it made sense to me.

The other startling thing discussed in this book was the concept of an Overself. Your Overself is essentially who you really are. Remember, that you have set limits on yourself while here on earth so that you may experience the situations that you created for yourself. In reality, your Overself, still exists in an other form. Just a part of you is here while your greater self continues to exist somewhere else.

So, from one of my other books on the occult, I had read how to essentially pray effectively. I created a short prayer to my Overself. Each day when I was by myself, I would relax on my bed and pray to communicate to my Overself about why I was here on Earth. I would repeat the prayer over and over. I would usually do this for twenty to thirty minutes. Nothing really happened for several weeks. Sometimes I would doze off. Other times I would just stop after a while and go about my other daily business.

Then, one day, I repeated my procedure, and when I looked at my clock, almost an hour and a half had gone by. I felt that I had been somewhere else, but I just couldn’t remember any of the details.

I repeated the procedure the next day as usual. This time, I once again lost quite a bit of time but I brought back with me an exceedingly vivid memory of talking to an older gentleman in a beautiful garden like setting. I’m sure that I didn’t remember the entire experience. The man was very gentle and wise. He basically was reviewing all the details of my life with me. I felt like I was being read the riot act because he knew every detail of my life and he pulled no punches.

He then started pointing out how I had been given certain talents in this lifetime and that I wasn’t utilizing them. You could summarize this conversation by saying that he had pointed me in a certain direction and then given me a big kick in the butt to get me moving. The last thing that he told me was that I shouldn’t be concerned with the occult in this life.

This was a life changing experience for me. I evaluated my life. I went back to school in Engineering, graduated, got a good job, got married, had two wonderful children and truly feel that I am one of the luckiest people alive. Needless to say, I don’t dabble in the occult anymore.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

If its not to personal, what was the actual words of the prayer?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Very good and interesting,wildbob, thank you for sharing with us; there are some simple but effective ways to connect with one's higher self, and yes, our soul is split into pieces;

peace to all.
seeker

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dan steely

This was a long time ago so I don't remember the exact words.

It was along the lines of "I want to talk with my overself and find out the purpose of my life"

My method was to lay in bed and repeat this, out loud, for about 20 minutes. I did this when I was awake and refreshed but chose a time when I wouldn't be interrupted. It took about 3 weeks before I got results.

If you're interested, first, determine what it is that you want to find out about.

Second, craft a prayer/chant that is simple but direct to the point.

Third, pick a place and time that you won't be interrupted. Preferably the same time and place each day.

Forth, Try your prayer for about 20 minutes each day and don't give up when you don't get results immediately.

Best of luck.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
how could we truly appreciate love if we did not know what sorrow or loss is? each positive has it's negative counter point, and a balanced state is the ultimate achievement.

peace and love to all.
seeker

I just wanted to say that is one of the most beautiful things I've heard. It truly struck a chord with me and I will carry this with me at all times.
Thank you.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Im on pain medication which is administered transdermally and I also have found that my dreams have become extremely lucid. I can choose to leave my body and fly wherever I want. I have learned to control the flight to the point to where I feel like a bird. I really do think that these dreams have opened up my awareness to a higher self or dimension. Seeker, that was one awesome story and Im very glad that you shared that with us all.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

and yes, our soul is split into pieces;

Could you expand on how that works? Existing here as part of one's soul self doesn't compute well although it does make some sense. Please expand. Many thanks, Plum

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

and yes, our soul is split into pieces;

Could you expand on how that works? Existing here as part of one's soul self doesn't compute well although it does make some sense. Please expand. Many thanks, Plum

sorry it has taken so long for me to reply,plumranch; but life has been interesting in these trying times.

I use as an example the yin-yang symbol and it's positive/negative halves; the soul has true balance in our true reality in the realm of the Creator, yet when we journey here we are split into the carnate soul and the higher self or soul that resides outside our 3rd density reality; the lower self experiences the trials and tribulations of 3d life while the higher self watches over and guides the walker thru the steps of life.

namaste

seeker

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

the lower self experiences the trials and tribulations of 3d life while the higher self watches over and guides the walker thru the steps of life.

More understandable!

And this was part of what you learned during your NDE?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Yes, my friend; once on the other side i was allowed contact with my higher self as part of the experience; not allowed to re-join, but to experience it as a seperate but still connected part of my self.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

i was allowed contact with my higher self as part of the experience; not allowed to re-join, but to experience it as a seperate but still connected part of my self.

Hi again Seeker and friend,

Welcome back, hope you are well!

What would you say then is the roll of the higher sole? A guide in the overall experience? This would imply that the 2 parts have free choice in their journey and that there is a clear goal? Tks!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

i was allowed contact with my higher self as part of the experience; not allowed to re-join, but to experience it as a seperate but still connected part of my self.

Hi again Seeker and friend,

Welcome back, hope you are well!

What would you say then is the roll of the higher sole? A guide in the overall experience? This would imply that the 2 parts have free choice in their journey and that there is a clear goal? Tks!

tis good to be back, friend.

the higher self in many cases is what is commonly known as a guardian angel or spirit guide; and yes we do have a lot of free choice and free will within the parameters of the life experiences we chose for this lifetime; again, the goal is to ultimately experience all things as we participate in the great work, which is to work thru all the experiences and levels until we ultimately rejoin with the energy of the creator.

According to the quabbala, there are 22 levels on the tree of life, and good ol 3rd density earth or kether as it is called is the bottom rung on the ladder, being the densest and most physical of the planes, also the one with the most varied positive/negative experiences.

namaste

seeker

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

the goal is to ultimately experience all things as we participate in the great work, which is to work thru all the experiences and levels until we ultimately rejoin with the energy of the creator.

Love that concept! But does that mean we can be a woman in one life and a man in the next? That gets confusing! LOL.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Friend , on that point i am really not sure; as i stated before I only have bits and pieces of memories of countless lifes; i do know we seem to travel with a work group of souls, always together thru each cycle; as for swapping gender, i am not certain, but as we have both energies present i do think it is food for thought; sorry i can't tell you anymore.

namaste

seeker

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Do you remember the name of the book?

I would love to read it.

Thanks,
Magic

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Thanks friend,

If a sole seeks a full experience it would want both the male and female experiences. It has been said that we are cross dressers in the sole department. I tend to agree that sex is not important to soles.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Hello Seeker and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I had my own nde about 20 years ago following a car crash, and while it differed from yours in some ways there were some common points.

Love that concept! But does that mean we can be a woman in one life and a man in the next? That gets confusing! LOL.

Our physical gender is really quite superficial in terms of our total (or eternal) self. It is useful to experience this plane through both genders, and as you may know, many talk about the male and female "sides" of our minds. These sides don't physically exist, but we have aspects of both. But the short answer is yes -- there is no reason why we have to remain in the same gender throughout the lives that we experience here.

Edit: Oops! Now I see that you have made roughly the same comment but never mind... I'll let my post stand.

[edit on 4/10/09 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
For many however they seem to have a gender that is maintained. For example my source and also my higher self, are female. Also considering that the universe is asking a question, separation and unity, and it advances us through the levels, one should wonder at why the nuki leaders have suppressed the female so much here and promoted a patriarchal God, when pleiadians and many cosmic citizens, 5D and higher, speak of Mother.

Also, though we are in unity with our higher selves, I've also been told that we are split into two or four somewhere near the beginning, or at the beginning, and we earn our own consciousness. There are twin souls, and we search for those.

This would imply a matched opposite to ourselves, one male, one female. So if we do gender swap in some incarnations, it would probably be as a way to balance ourselves.
Its not likely to be my way however, or the only way.

Being free from this world and the trap here is the step to our advancement.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Unity_99]

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join