It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attn Techno-Shamens: Binaural Beat Brainwave Entrainment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
What is Binaural Beat Brainwave Entrainment?

Basically, it's the use of a tone differential introduced into each ear using stereo headphones, which causes two nuclei centers in the brain to set up a harmonic brainwave frequency, producing the brainwave patterns of deep meditation, without the required years of meditative practice achieving such states usually requires. In fact, the Holosync program I use by a company called Centerpointe, takes the meditator from Alpha, to Theta and then into Delta. A Zen or Yogi master will ordinarily achieve Alpha with dips into Theta and rarely enter Delta, the brainwave pattern of dreamless sleep.

The benefits are quite extraordinary, to say the least.

The Science
www.centerpointe.com...

Brainwave Frequencies Listing and effects (must read)
www.lunarsight.com...

Biology of the Inner Light
cacaoist.blog.com...

Gnaural Binaural Beat Generator
gnaural.sourceforge.net...

My recommendation if you have the money, is to order the Holosync Program by Centerpointe
www.centerpointe.com...

www.centerpointe.com...

I'm now into "Awakening Level One", but experienced the most profound shifts during my use of the Awakening Prologue

Free demo for download
www.centerpointe.com...

I believe it may be likened to the philosophers stone, this brainwave entrainment technology. What I like about Centerpointe's program is all the accompanying support material, which allows you to understand the evolutionary process in great detail, and which prepares you for the types of changes you'll begin to experience with regular daily use.

Here is a nice powerpoint introductory presentation on the benefits of deep meditation

www.centerpointe.com...

[edit on 3-6-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
awesome

i used to play around with something called the brainwave simulator..

i will check this out

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I've significantly improved my cardiovascular health by using the Holosync program and have been able to drop two rather expensive medications as a result, which easily covers the cost of the program!

And I have the most sparkliest eyes now of anyone I know and my vision seems to have improved, and I can think more clearly, have better memory, concentration, and can get away with only 7 hours of sleep, when I used to need about 10. In fact, I think I'm getting younger all around believe it or not. That's the way it feels, and I have an emotional response to nature and the world around me, which I haven't felt since I was a little kid before the age of say 14. For the record I'm 42, but was somewhat obese, have smoked since I was 14 and have type two diabetese. Now, after using the program for just over four months, and I feel like I'm well a LOT younger. It's quite extraordinary, if you stick it out and do it pretty much every day for an hour.

Please check out this presentation
www.centerpointe.com...

And take a look through the science which supports it
www.centerpointe.com...

How it works
www.centerpointe.com...

Btw, if anyone decides to go for it and begin the Holosync Solution Program, please U2U me as I am looking for a "fellow journeyor" and a mutual support person, so that we can contribute to one another as we move through the evolutionary process together. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Sorry to tell you this but…
Alpha waves are normal if you have your eyes closed and are awake. You don’t need a machine to make that happen, everyone does it. We use them to determine when a person falls asleep into stage one sleep.

Theta waves can be seen when either awake or asleep, also when getting drowsy.
Delta waves ONLY happen when the person is asleep, they are considered slow wave or stage 3 & 4 sleep.

So basically you’re either paying money for something that is making you fall asleep, most likely from boredom, or their website is full of new age BS. Probably some both…

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
There is a principal which serves as a bar against all information and proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principal is contempt, prior to investigation.
~ Herbert Spencer.

The program, and brainwave entrainment in general (and I included a link for a free binaural beat brainwave generator) is a facilitator of deep meditation states, and you're incorrect about Delta. Yes, sometimes I can't help but fall asleep, but over time, I am able to remain fully conscious while in Delta.

Keep an open mind and do the research first, before pronouncing judgement. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Well if your having Delta Rhythm while your awake, I have some bad news for you:

High delta wave activity during the waking state is not common in healthy adults. However, multiple studies have indicated the presence of increased delta activity in adults during states of intoxication or delirium and in those diagnosed with dementia or schizophrenia.

You are not supposed to have Delta Wave as an adult, other then when you are asleep. Delta waves are also supposed to decline with age, starting in adolescence.

PS…. I run EEG, and Sleep EEG, and I am not buying that is anything other then snake oil.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I have brainwave generator and create my own custom bineural beats as needed.

Try to get ones that work within the 4 delta target range...

They do have an effect, fun to play with from time to time.

brainwave generator is shareware with a usage nag.. but free to use otherwise.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

There is a distinct difference between the brainwave pattern of people just sitting there, whether drunk or whatever, and the deep meditative delta state, something achieved by Yogi masters after a good 20 years of meditating. In dreamless sleep, delta is the pattern when the bdy undergoes regeneration. It is the "no mind" state, and it's health benefits are numerous. For people who are having delta who are not meditating however, sure, it's abnormal.

There are over 700,000 participants in the Holosync program, many of whom have been using it for years, and it's been in place since like 1990.

The delta meditative state plumbs the depths of the unconscious and makes the unconscious conscious, the goal of psychtherapy, according to Carl Jung. Additionally, it provides a type of stimulous to the brain which causes increasing synchrony between the left and right hemispheres and which creates new neural pathways, the effect of which produces a greater sense of connection and oneness.

In short, it's powerful, but safe, and highly beneficial. Again I suggest doing the research before passing sceptical judgement.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I've been really interested in this technology but for some reason I feel that putting myself in an altered brainwave state might open me up for some negative energies without my awareness. Paranoid probably.

I use a certain meditation that I listen to on my iPod that always makes me feel peaceful and calm. It is not binural beats but does make use of both speakers independently. I like it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Um...
Why do you keep asking me to research this when I am a professional EEG/PSG Tech?
(humorously enough I was running an EEG when I typed those two posts last night. :lol

What do you think I am going to learn from the Internet, which is the only place this stuff exists?

If you cannot produce awake Delta Waves on an EEG using this method, then its snake oil, plain and simple. Easy thing to test, pass or fail.

More then likely what this is causing is K-Complexes, which are brainwaves generated by Audio Stimulus. The guys selling this probably cannot tell the difference between a K-Complex and Slow Wave...

K-complexes occur roughly every 1.0–1.7 minutes and are often followed by bursts of sleep spindles. They occur spontaneously but also occur in response to external stimuli such as sounds, touches on the skin and internal ones such as inspiratory interruptions. They are generated in widespread cortical locations though they tend to predominate over the frontal parts of the brain. They are more frequent in the first sleep cycles of sleep.
They have two proposed functions. First, suppressing cortical arousal in response to stimuli that the sleeping brain evaluates not to signal danger, and second, aiding sleep based memory consolidation.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ok, you already know everything, fine.

For the rest, I recommend doing the research on this, and you'll find as I have that it's valid and not "snake oil".

Mr. EEG why don't you try obtaining some binaural beat tracks, free at Gnaural, and then run your EEG, perhaps you'll change your view..

gnaural.sourceforge.net...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Cool love this stuff.

Read this post
Television hypnosis via binaural beats - a reality?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

They don't work unless introduced into each ear using stereo headphones. That said, watch out for 3D audio, which I think can do the same thing in open air. When movies and TV's are using 3D audio, then it would be possible to entrain brainwaves absent stereo headphones.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I don't have to research it.
I have run 6 to 8 hour EEG's on average of two patients a night for over ten years now.
You know how many have had slow wave while awake?

Big o'l goose egg for ya...

You know how many have alpha when they are awake with their eyes closed?

Every one of them...

As a matter of fact, when we calibrate our equipment we run two epochs of eyes open and two of eyes closed simply to show the alpha waves.

But I am supposed to believe someone that says this will because they are selling something on the Internet?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Delta waves ONLY happen when the person is asleep, they are considered slow wave or stage 3 & 4 sleep.

So basically you’re either paying money for something that is making you fall asleep, most likely from boredom, or their website is full of new age BS. Probably some both…

I'm sorry to inform you, but you're wrong. If I could I would post a scan of the EEG I had some years ago. The first thing they asked me after it was over was, "Did you fall asleep?" No, I did not. I was in a state of deep relaxation during the test, what most call meditation, though I didn't at the time.

Why would they think I was asleep when I wasn't? My guess would be that my brainwaves "told" them I was asleep. New age bs?

I've used binaurals (self-created) which lasted 45 minutes and left me feeling as if I had slept a comfortable 8 hours, refreshed and awake afterwards. My experience, not yours, so choose to believe it or not.

And, Gnaural is a free program. So no one need pay for anything.

[edit on 3/6/09 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Except that in this case, the brainwaves are entrained using binaural beat technology.

In normal circumstances, or even in truama, people do not ordinarily go into Theta and Delta, and most meditators typically go into Alpha with dips into Theta if they are advanced, and the super advanced Yogi meditators, they alone go into Delta, unless you have access to this technology that is.

Like I said, get some binaural beat tracks and run your EEG, and you'll see for yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Well if your having Delta Rhythm while your awake, I have some bad news for you:

High delta wave activity during the waking state is not common in healthy adults. However, multiple studies have indicated the presence of increased delta activity in adults during states of intoxication or delirium and in those diagnosed with dementia or schizophrenia.

Well that's quite par for the course isn't it. Any concept that falls outside of modern society's arbitrary definition of "normal" must be wrong. Anyone who experiences a mental state that isn't "normal" must be demented or schizophrenic, right?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

this is free advertizing that the moderators hasn't taken down yet, posing as a real post rather than a way to get your info for the product they want you to 'demo".

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

No it is not. It's just me sharing my personal experience with it, that's all. It's very interesting, and I offered a link to a free binaural beat generator.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Sorry to tell you this but…
Alpha waves are normal if you have your eyes closed and are awake. You don’t need a machine to make that happen, everyone does it. We use them to determine when a person falls asleep into stage one sleep.

we had "discussions in the past that i will say were different in the politcal sense...but you hit the nail on the head with the poster...well done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join