It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Rampage in Philadelphia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

i disagree.
a racist website spreads hate-filled rhetoric.
ourspace.com doesn't promote a hate-filled agenda.
it is a social networking site that this guy felt he wanted to create.
he has every right to do so.
i have never seen this site promote any type of hate against other races.
internet sites and cable channels that cater to a certain segment of a population isn't racist either.
there are many social clubs that are set up to connect with other blacks, asians, hispanics, etc.

now, just because you feel excluded by a title doesn't make it racist.
i'm not inclined to watch korean soap opera channels, telemundo or cmt . nor do i feel offended if only the spanish lanquage is spoken and country music is featured. they're not racist television channels. they've only targeted a specific audience for programming otherwise not available or promoted.
i don't particularly want to join stormfront or chimpout.com.
those are specifically created to incite hate and further their cause of white supremacy. and they have a right to do this under the constitution.
if social networking outlets were being formed specifically to encourage hate, then yes, it is racist.
for example:
there is a group of black men who are on youtube constantly spouting racist views against whites and hateful things toward black women. they have a website and i don't care to visit it.
are they racist? absolutely. are they misogynistic? yes.
but, to say that BET is a racist network?
no, the only thing BET should be ashamed of are the horrible reality shows and occasionally promoting awful music.
but, that's just me.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1hope
JBut white people react to it different when it involves black kids.

that is racism right there bud

"white people" react how?

oh so if your White, your raction is always gonna be the same as other white people?

seirously dude, get a grip

your mentality is horribly hypocritical

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
_why is "ourspace.com" an Afro-american website ? is myspace "too white" for them ?
_why is that story buried by the MSM ?
_why nobody dares to move against those black rioters who think they're stronger than the law ? Blue Order ( first page ) said that white teenagers would have been sent to county jail already ... I am NOT racist, but when I see people hiding behind the excuse of race , I lose my nerves .

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by heather65

I think you are missing my point. "Racism" break that word down. It is composed of Race and ism. What is an ism you ask?

The suffix -ism denotes a distinctive system of beliefs, myth, doctrine or theory that guides a social movement, institution, class or group.

Another term that is equally accurate is "Race Centric" which means the same thing basically. What I said was that a site that segregates by race is by definition racist.

Racist really means race centric. A hate filled racist is someone who is both racist and hate filled. Hate is not required to be a racist only being race centric or promoting race segregation is prerequisite.

I think that people mistakenly interpret the term racist to mean specifically racial hatred. That is not what racist means really.

I hope this clears up the meaning of my previous posts.

[edit on 6/2/2009 by UFOTECH]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by heather65
reply to post by UFOTECH

i disagree.

So explain these riots?

internet sites and cable channels that cater to a certain segment of a population isn't racist either.
there are many social clubs that are set up to connect with other blacks, asians, hispanics, etc.

But if one were to make a, for example, www.whitespace.com, the populace would have a cow.

While on that subject, where is my WET (White Entertainment Television), my White Starz, and my White History Month?

Couldn't they just join myspace like everyone else? Can't they join the regular TV line up, just like everyone else?

But if a white were to try it . . . no way in hell.

I am not racist. I can't stand racism. That goes both ways.

[edit on 2/6/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Any one ever see the B.E.T channel?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I must say there is nothing new here.

I also have absolutely no intention of sounding racist, (and if you think I am I genuinely think you are a tadge too sensitive and naive), but there is a school of thought that believe black people are just more prone to riot than non-blacks when they feel they have little other option to get their point across.

This even stirred what some, including myself, consider to be the greatest lyricist of recent times, Joe Strummer, to pen his first classic about his and bandmate Paul Simonon's experiences during the Notting Hill riot of 1976.

Any excuse to post a video of The Clash!

The Clash - White Riot.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.lyricsfreak.com...
www.geocities.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Everyone who prefers to live with their own race in a segregated fashion is racist or race centric in their manner of living.

Segregation if it is on a bus, a school, a neighborhood or social site promotes racism. That was one of the founding arguments in the civil rights movement so it must be true.

If we segregate ourselves with race distinct television, or social clubs, or neighborhoods we are racist if we are filled with hate or not by the definition of racism. Emotion clouds the issue of course.

I am for instance a big tall European American. In neighborhoods where the majority of people are of another ethnic background I stick out like a sore thumb. I carry myself with absolutely no fear, judgment, or hate for anyone and have been to some real tough neighborhoods in my travels mostly on foot I might add.

I have very very rarely been attacked or accosted. You know why? Because I grew up in mixed race neighborhoods and have lived and worked among all races. When someone walks close to or approaches me I do not recoil in fear or judgment because of their color or a different appearance.

People of all colors can feel when they are being judged or feared. If someone is of a predatory nature no matter their color senses fear in someone they are likely to attack since they sense a potential target.

If you fear someone because of their race and they are a predatory person they will know it. If they are African American and are not predatory but are racist they will likely just laugh it off and say to their friends some remark about look at the scared little white rabbit or some such thing.

Racism comes in all colors and it is caused mostly be people being brought up segregated by parents who were brought up the same way. Some times this is compounded further by race centric social groups.

I used to teach martial arts in a poor neighborhood in Dallas TX. Every week just about I would have some white kid come in and tell me he wanted to take martial arts because some black kids ganged up on him and beat him up and humiliated him.

I would then lecture them on why they were a victim of this hatred. They were often shocked to find out it was their own racism that needed to be addressed not just the racism of their attackers. People just can not see the forest for the trees.

They commonly think that if they have no racial hatred that they are not racist. They do not understand that if they have racial fear that they are also racist.

Race specific organization and segregation breads this kind of fear. When I was a kid in high school up in N.H. I was part of a gang that was of mixed races. We were all martial artist that liked to train together. It was very confusing to the racist gangs when they encountered our members.

Our friendship and comradeship was not race based but based on our mutual interests. It was beyond race and as such our gang was a very stabilizing force in our high school. We protected kids of any color from bullies. I remember a lot of people changing their view of their own racism when they understood what we were about.

No matter what someone thinks if they are segregating themselves by race in their social organization they are racist. Hate is not required to be a racist.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

I have a Bachelors Degree. I have a "well paid" job.
Do YOU have a Bachelors degree or higher??

I have a BSc in Computer Science and several other qualifications if that makes a difference.

Did you figure out that I work 10 times harder to get what I get than you do? Did you realize that America is a hateful racist country?

Congratulations on having a degree, a well paid job, and for having worked hard to achieve it - it doesn't sound like our hateful society held you back too much, or was every promotion and job offer you received made by a black person?

You can perpetuate the hypocritical mindless hate in America, or you can choose to see what is around you. You can believe the lies or see the truth. That is your choice.

I can only go off what I see and hear from my black colleagues. They love life and encounter no racism of any kind here in Phoenix.

I'm not saying everything is perfect, but as I pointed out before, we have a black president that was voted into office by white people.

Now that's what I call progress, but by all means stay in your well paid, well educated mosh pit of despair.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

100% correct, the Black community is constantly plagued by association from any miscreants within it, it just becomes all Black people...

I would definitively say the social network is NOT Racist just because a bunch of teens chose to use it to commit crimes...

Being white, I adamantly support my rights to My culture, being Jewish I do the same, I actually just had a big argument in here over weather Jews are racist because some of us choose to exclude others or stick often to our own kind, my answer to that was NO and... what's good for the goose is good for the gander the same applies to any one else.

Black people have an absolute right to address Black culture on their own website and it does NOT make them racist as a whole if some, among the group choose to be...

entirely unfair to brand the site racist, i'd have to agree, many white people simply don't "get" the community...

My complete support to the website, it should be left alone in all of this...

It's like blaming AT&T for providing cell phone service if someone uses the phone to set off a bomb... it's ridiculous and unfair

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
Everyone who prefers to live with their own race in a segregated fashion is racist or race centric in their manner of living.

you call it racism,I call it choice..

Originally posted by UFOTECH
Racism comes in all colors and it is caused mostly be people being brought up segregated by parents who were brought up the same way. Some times this is compounded further by race centric social groups.

And I am dam proud my parents,kept me from meandering into ''that'' part of town..

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx

Originally posted by heather65
reply to post by UFOTECH

i disagree.

So explain these riots?

But if one were to make a, for example, www.whitespace.com, the populace would have a cow.

While on that subject, where is my WET (White Entertainment Television), my White Starz, and my White History Month?

Couldn't they just join myspace like everyone else? Can't they join the regular TV line up, just like everyone else?

But if a white were to try it . . . no way in hell.

I am not racist. I can't stand racism. That goes both ways.

[edit on 2/6/2009 by xxpigxx]

personally, i wouldn't care one way or another. most television networks and social sites are geared toward or cater to a certain race. doesn't make them a racist organization.
and that is my honest opinion.
i am not a racist. i've seen and experienced racism. so i know racist attitudes and racist websites because i've seen them. they've used propoganda to further their own agendas of preaching hate and supremacy.
i already pointed out the example of black racists and white racists.
it does go both ways. i never said it didn't. i just happen to have a different life experience from yours.

as for the riots, the teens may have used this networking site or for that matter, they also could have organized at their high school or within a neighborhood.
wherever they may have cooked up the idea for this stupidity, is not to blame for their actions. the teens are to blame. they should be the ones punished and singled out.

i'm a member of ourspace.com and there is no evidence that this is the websites fault. it is alleged that some of the philadelphia city members planned and engaged in this riot.
as i said before, if ATS members were to get together and go on a rampage of violence spree targeting a certain race, i wouldn't then turn around blame the website. ATS wasn't created for that purpose.
i don't think i can get much clearer on my stance.

there is no evidence that ourspace.com is racist.
there are white and hispanic members there also. so, your example of segregation doesn't apply.
blacks just so happen to be in the majority of the members.
myspace.com has a larger white audience than other minorities.
some websites attract a larger amount of a certain race than others.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
Its almost like the black community wants some kind of aparthied. I certainly wouldn't want black people living near me if they were actually going to create their own racially-based online communities and then use them as a mustering point to go out and wreck havoc on the unsuspecting people around them.

How utterly dreadful and backwards.

very much so

Oh, great! Now the ATS Klan sub community is trying to make their come back.
And who else to start it, other than good ole Atlanta. Still, again, don't know what they're doing in Atlanta, but I sure don't plan to go there.

It's great that ATS has a lot of international folks, so that other countries can see the bitter hatred that exists in America. Even black americans hate black americans. In America, if you're a black american, you can pretty much forget about it. It's a life of hell because of the color of your skin.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that black americans are justified in a rampage, but when you push folks too far, I mean, what happens?? Do they throw rose petals at your feet as you walk down the street and sing your praises?? I would think not.

When you push people daily for years and years, eventually they are going to fight back and do something. If you don't like it, then stop the hate.

Yeah, it's that simple. You hate black americans, so they hate you back. You started it, and you can finish it.

That's all I have to say.

So I guess that poor girl pushed those punks a little too far huh? I guess I better watch out myself because I am white and I crack the whip all the time. Boy I think You need to step back and get a broad view of life. I don't know where You get off thinking people like me oppress people like You. I have figured out a long time ago that blaming other people for my short comings is not going to fix anything. I spend 9 months out of the year out of the country and when I'm home I don't leave my family so please tell Me how I am oppressing these so called people?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

Yeah... well, .... I dunno

I think it's a major problem when you have one word that can imply many things...

Race centric, racism

How about 10 more words to really describe the truth...

Racism by name imply's hate and I do think it's perfectly reasonable to wish to be among those like yourself most and not HATE anyone... nor wish them harm, nor even have negative associations

I'm not a fan of a global culture...

and how do we actually keep our many wonderful cultures intact if EVERYONE integrates?

Not sure what this world would be like without... Japanese people and Nigerians, and Jews and Englishmen

I thin allot of this is American cultural imperialism... America obviously is a place... where we are going to integrate, it doesn't however make the Japanese RACIST i.e. filled with hate, if they wish to see Japan remain Japanese

To put it simply

If we all integrate, this world will be a whole hell of allot less diverse and interesting

I find global integration to be a dangerous trend and often refer to it as reverse Nazi ism

A desire to preserve or be a part of a singular culture, does not make you racist

Un american as OUR view of things leads us today perhaps... but not Racist

To me that word implies hate, a desire to defeat, destroy

But I ask again, would you not be destroying Japan if you forced them to integrate their culture with other cultures?

How is it not a form of genocide?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

I have heard this pride issue as well. Renaming racism to racial pride does not make it any less racist. As I said hate is not required to be a racist. Fear of another person because of their race is also racism. Segregation by race is also racism. It breeds both hate and fear of other races.

Racism is so tightly ingrained in people they simply can not see it. It is very hard to overcome as a result.

I went through neighborhoods in Southern Appalachia and met a lot of proud white people. I went through neighborhoods in South Dallas that were filled with a lot of proud African Americans. I went through neighborhoods in East Dallas that were filled with proud Latinos.

In my view they were all just poor people and their racial pride had more to do with over compensation for their poverty than it had to do with their race.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

this is what i'm trying to get people to understand.
choosing to socialize with your own race isn't racism.
it's only racism when while you're within your own race groups,sites,communities etc., you engage in the hate rhetoric/speech and intimidating someone of another ethnicity/culture makes it's racism.
now, just because these idiots may have used a website to communicate amongst themselves and plan this foolishness, is not the site's fault.

i have friends and relatives of diverse colors and cultures. my family is looked upon with stares sometimes. we don't care. we're family first. we're black, white, and native american second.

i don't socialize within my own race. i have nothing against those who do.
i only have a problem with a person whose sole agenda is to separate races by employing lies and engaging in attacks of violence. that is exclusionary. that is the essence of evil. that is racism.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't think anyone has a problem with people who prefer the company etc of those of the same race.

The issue here is the different way's that black only organisations and black pride are represented and the way white only organisations and white pride are represented.

The first approach is regarded and treat as positive and empowering whilst MSM etc treats the second as evil and racist.

Hypocrisy and double standards.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Your argument reminds me of this African American lady I knew as a teenager. I went out with her daughter Trisha for a while and she would always give me this sneer when she saw me. I finally ask her if she had a problem with me. She said "I don't hate you I just don't want to see your white face in my house no more".

Trisha as dark skinned as she was still turned visibly red.

Her momma always read black literature and had black TV on I might add.

To be fair it upset my parents just as much.

I dated a Korean girl I met in Tae-Kwon-Do class for a while as well. Her dad just came out and said it the first time he met me. He turned to his daughter and said right in front of me. "What you can't find a good looking Asian boy to date?"

Race centric association is the very foundation of racism. Without it racism is basically non-existent.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
People need to stop criticizing others and think. Think WHY is this happening?

Is it because of the internet? Is it because of parenting? Or is it because of social and economic inequality?

reply to post by die_another_day

You forgot: Is it because of race? Is it because of IQ?

Anyway my friend (52) construction worker,tile setter, was over at his friends (60) who wanted to evict his newly found son who had been living with him for only the last year and doing nothing but eating and lifting weights. This kid (25) was a martial arts student,amateur boxer,and bodybuilder. The kid sucker punched my friend knocking him down and then started beating on his face until pulled off by two people. He broke my friends jaw and cheekbone putting him in the hospital,getting a metal plated put in his face,nerve damage ,a broken jaw wired shut for a month and a 30,000 dollar medical bill. All this damage in less than a minute.

The kid got 9 months in county jail for felony assault with grievous bodily harm. He could have got 4 years. He should have got the death penalty. So he is out and ready to do it again. A strong man can kill another man with his bare hands pretty quick.

A group of people assaulting someone,knocking them to the ground and kicking them is attempted murder and a form of terrorism in my book.

angrywhitedude.com...

[edit on 2-6-2009 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Hypocrisy and double standards.

exacly..Maybe if this kids parents were a bit smarter,she would have not been blinded by the PC that got her ass beat..

Not one bit of news on the philly channels about this..At least the station I had on..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join