It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Rampage in Philadelphia

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
reply to post by Sonya610

No...

Just saying that if Boys were still allowed to fight each other, they'd be too BUSY kicking each others kiesters to engage in this

and

where I grew up, this girls brothers or friends would KNOW who did this in 10 minutes and exact a price...

a day later the cops have no idea and will bust the dude who had the ourspace page and everyone will get away with it...

You can MARK exactly the time White American Males became Homopoliticus with the advent of kicking them out of school and arresting them for simple fist fights... about 1992 (YES CLINTON ADMIN)

Fight back... never have a job as long as you live...

Even in the Black Community, what you got from this strictness on TEEN MALES in general was

Gun Play

and we NEVER used Guns

It just became viable to shoot your "enemy" the moment kicking his rear would land you in jail for a long stretch and follow you for life...

and lets add to the gun play...

The stupid war on drugs which made REAL Gangstas out of Kids...

Seriously.... the worst outcome of FIGHTING among rival guys was... FRIENDSHIP

Somehow, beating the crap out of each other in young males = respect and understanding

The world is 10X more racist than it was before interference from above...

40 Million kids with records since then and counting...

and they wonder why no one can get a job and the economy sucks right?

All i'm saying is...

Cracking down on YOUTH, made the violence ALLOT worse, not better, ruined more lives and futures than fighting in HS ever did...

A HS Football game was ALWAYS a Brawl worthy of legend prior to this PC bs

Today it's a life ruining event if this happens...

You know, it's just the best way to teach a teenage boy a little respect is to let him get his arse kicked a few times

These kids... are UBER violent and have never caught a beating but some will shoot you right in the head... they have NO IDEA what suffering is like and have no respect for life because of it...

These kids... SHOULD be fighting other groups of teens, in a quest for peace and perfection we have created genuine monsters

well put. There's still a lot of fighting in highschool. It ends bullying, etc.

Pieman: Uncderstand, that what you percieve sonya to be, is what is representing minorities all over north america, except, in our (white) world (i feel i must say "mode of perception", so as not to be accused of being a white supremecist or something....NOT KIDDING) , "sonya" is all over the news, in the form of "pc", reverends, etc, and has the ears of the highest authorites.
Rules governing YOU are made by "sonya's", without any say by YOU,only "sonya", so "sonya's" group are not offended.
"Sonya's" group gets special treatment wherever they go.
"sonya's group doesn't know you, and is tired of being typcast, so it typcasts you to justify it's stagnancy.
"sonya's" group can do no wrong, only you.

Now do you understand why this might seem racist, or rather, is racist yet is not proclaimed as such?

sonya...sorry i hope you understand that i don't see you as a racist or anything..you just fit the metaphor that i was trying to communicate and i hope it was apt.

Pieman:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand
Oh. I do now. Bit slow on the uptake.
The same thing happens here in New Zealand, every time. Typical pc behaviour.

...been watching the antics in ChristChurch and other large cities with the 'Boy Racer' scene??

Hundreds of cars surrounding a lone Police Officer, bottling the vehicle, firing a shot and smashing the side-window of the Patrol Car as the Officer attempted to leave?

What about the recent one of a similar number of cars surrounding a lone female Security gaurd, blockading her escape with their cars, bottling and threatening her?

Or the every thursday, friday, saturday nights where this is an ever-growing common occurance of hundreds of young people out ripping the place up in high-powered cars, antisocial behaviour, illegal activity, threats and violence...

...do you, seriously, think that would have flown for sooo long...to the extent we have it now...if those hundreds and hundreds doing that every week were predominately BROWN skinnned???

...I doubt it for a second...

Oh - I've very much aware of the Crime Stats...so lets leave those be.
I'm very much aware that cultures such as mine, Maori, really need to pull their heads in, get with the programme, quit blaming 'The Man' and realise we make or break OURSELVES.
I'm very much aware us brown guys need to step up instead of living in a cesspit of our own creation and hating on the world for it.

That said...I'm not blind or a moron either. I'm also very much aware poo stinks...no matter whose butt it came from.

People - including me - can see *race* in any issue. We can portray our words as being 'just the facts'. We can accuse/intimate/insinuate that those who 'don't see it choose not to'...we can portray and pretend our agendas carry no racism...

...but really...in all honesty...can anyone reading such stories, such replies, truly smell no hint whatsoever of agenda?? Or do we overlook the whaffs because its just added perfume for our preferred brand of fragrance...

Peace.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by alien]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

agenda(dictionairy.com): a list, plan, outline, or the like, of things to be done, matters to be acted or voted upon, etc.: The chairman says we have a lengthy agenda this afternoon.

2): A list or program of things to be done or considered: "They share with them an agenda beyond the immediate goal of democratization of the electoral process"

I don't think this is a bad thing, this having an agenda. How can people realize the injustice of pc without giving examples of it? If the media is trying to manipulate reality in a certain way, examples must be given for it to be proven.
Imho, this would definately be all over the news if situations were reversed. I think most of us know that. Question is, what's the next step? Maybe that's what this thread is trying to reach?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
Question is, what's the next step? Maybe that's what this thread is trying to reach?

...well lets hope it reachs that 'next step'...and lets hope that step is one whereby ALL take it...together.

Not in front, not behind...side by side. Irregardless of skin, gender, creed, social status and any and every other 'ism' we currently know...

Peace.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think we have to distinguish between black people as Chris Rock so hilariously does. You work out which side this group of trash belonged to.

www.youtube.com...

For some reason it won't embed properly

[edit on 2-6-2009 by rogue1]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
How can people realize the injustice of pc without giving examples of it? If the media is trying to manipulate reality in a certain way, examples must be given for it to be proven.

I also very much agree with that.

My concern is - and it comes from experience...seeing and hearing these issues spoken about in real life, in my own community and country...is that too often I think people take a *PC* action and see it as further vilification of whatever culture is the perceived beneficiary of that *PC* action.

Often I hear exclamations such as, for instance in my country:
"Bloody Maoris! Always getting the breaks!"
"Oh you know that only happened because that guy was a Maori. If they were a European they'd be locked up and the key thrown away!"
"One law for the Maoris, another for us"

...I see and hear it each and every day...the growing bitterness these *PC* times breed amongst society...society that is already struggling to make ends meet, society that is feeling the pinch of financial recessions etc...so perhaps even a society that is even LESS willing to accomodate any of this *PC* stuff or anything that is perceived as being *PC*.

I see and hear the growing bitterness towards my own culture because of it...and believe you me I totally understand it! Oh totally.

However...what I don't totally understand is how often this bitterness is focussed on those supposedly benefitting from it...rather than the ones supposedly perpetrating it.

Maori don't run the Media in my country. Predominately Non-Maori do.
Maori don't run the Justice System in my country. Predominately Non-Maori do.
Maori don't run the Social Systems in my country. Predominately
Non-Maori do.
Maori don't run the Government Systems in my country. Predominately Non-Maori do.

...so who really should anything be directed at??

Peace.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

Oh yeah, no mercy. I would've smashed the lot of them.... to hell with the dents.

When you're cornered... you get angry and get out of that corner.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by george_gaz
Dude. Stop transferring the blame onto the woman. The fault lies AND ONLY LIES with the ****head youths that carried out this barbaric attack.

so she doesn't bear any responsibility for her own actions?

i didn't say the youths were right to do what they did, i said she was stupid for getting out of the car. if she had stayed in the jeep and drove on, like any sane human being, she would not have been beaten.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I am sure you meant to say, that if the teens had not been pounding on the car, yelling cursing and harrasing her, then she would not have felt the need to get out of the car....

Did you forget that part? Because they should not have been around her car in the first place.... She had every right to get out of her car. They had no right to beat her for it.

The woman is not to blame for any of this. The blame lies squarely on these spolied kids who think they own the world.

If they decided to run over the kids in order to get ot of their would you blame the driver for that? Or would you look at this with some rationality and realize that if the kids had not been beating on the car, throwing things, yelling cursing and harrasing, none of this would have happened in the first place?

That is the fact of the matter. If they had been behaving, not rioting, none of this would have happened. I will come out and say it. You are WRONG. This is not the womans fault in any way shape or form. That group of kids should not have been there in the first place. If they had not been this whole thing would not have happened. You are wrong. Period.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Sonya610

These kids... are UBER violent and have never caught a beating but some will shoot you right in the head... they have NO IDEA what suffering is like and have no respect for life because of it...

These kids... SHOULD be fighting other groups of teens, in a quest for peace and perfection we have created genuine monsters

Interesting concept, I like it. I wonder if that's the case...

To be honest, i can't really imagine many of them taking old fashioned beatings ( hence never learning anything ). It seems fights are always cowardly 1 vs 10, or a shot to the head before you learn from experience.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

A reluctant member of the beneficiary side of pc becomes less and less reluctant, as he/she is forced to come to terms with their guilt, by a) refusing to benefit, like my half native dad, or b) "letting go" of any qualms, and convincing themselves that they do indeed deserve better than another group. The term, "more equal" comes to mind.

The sad thing is, in our society, even the victims of pc have a disturbing lack of self-reliance, which, imbued with self-righteousness and self-entitlement, creates a bunch of, well, whiners.

I have tried to get people even interested in many causes, and i've yet to find one person who would join a cause where they were'nt like the 10 millionth member.

I guess that's why i like this thread. I've seen enough now, i think, to cautiously yet confidently agree with the op in stating that for some weird reason, black people are judged much less harshly for their actions in the media, and in order for that to be logical, there must be a scapegoat.
whitey! To me, it is just an example of the farce that is the msm.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
ourspace dot com can't be TOO racist - I just signed up, and if I was any whiter I'd be clear

Rewey

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

Her mother, while crass in tactic, does have a right to try and maintain her cultural integrity, it could be readily argued that HER reasoning and mannerisms were indeed racial in nature other people simply wish to preserve a culture, no two people are alike and in the end they have the right to create a culture by choice not mandate.

I have often said in here, I am no fan of what I would call "thug culture" in the Black community.

But at the same time, I consider this trend in America to behind the scenes be pushed by Caucasians who's end goal is the elimination of the African American...

And this is something I simply cannot support

While I might not like some aspects of the culture or ...rather a sub section of it, I still can not picture an America without African Americans

What you describe as an elimination of Racism would be true...

You see when you mix, 40 Million African Americans with 260 Million "others" what you get in the end, is the genocide of African Americans by absorption... the numbers are plain and simple...

I do not wish to live in such a generic omni culture

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

Almost none of them can fight nor have experienced any true test of masculinity.

What I worry about most, is that as we head this country for war constantly... in tandem we pacify our youth.

If a draft were to come, these young men we are raising would suffer immensely, be highly traumatized... walking wounded.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

reply to post by UFOTECH

Her mother, while crass in tactic, does have a right to try and maintain her cultural integrity, it could be readily argued that HER reasoning and mannerisms were indeed racial in nature other people simply wish to preserve a culture, no two people are alike and in the end they have the right to create a culture by choice not mandate.

I have often said in here, I am no fan of what I would call "thug culture" in the Black community.

But at the same time, I consider this trend in America to behind the scenes be pushed by Caucasians who's end goal is the elimination of the African American...

And this is something I simply cannot support

While I might not like some aspects of the culture or ...rather a sub section of it, I still can not picture an America without African Americans

What you describe as an elimination of Racism would be true...

You see when you mix, 40 Million African Americans with 260 Million "others" what you get in the end, is the genocide of African Americans by absorption... the numbers are plain and simple...

I do not wish to live in such a generic omni culture

none of that makes any sense given the black numbers (whether in sheer numbers or percentage terms) are INCREASING with each census- just about the darndest bit of genocide I've ever seen

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hmmmm...thats funny, because this story was played out in reverse. Remember the Gena 6 ?
Maybe the nooses hanging from trees at a High School in Texas, where the blacks were'nt allowed to sit in certain areas.
Secondly, I smell a personal agenda, because the "leading African American" social network site is Black Planet.
Or has the OP along with many of the other band wagoners proved themselves gullible yet once again to distraction and misinfo ?
They are allready trying to sanitize the internet.
Can we not say...
"Problem, Reaction, Solution" ?

Riots are NOT created in a chatroom, or via a networking site.
They are fueled by years of wrong doing, miseducation, and ignorance.
The ignorance stems from the idiots who initiate the cycles of violence, and the people who continue the cycle they were taught by those that oppressed them to begin with.

Its funny though...I'll bet a hole in a donut Native Americans STILL say the same things about whites, as whites now say about blacks.

You people just dont get it do you ?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
you clearly don't, regardless of your inflated sense of self importance............................

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Trust me, I understand very much so.
But I'm willing to entertain your incorrect assumption.
At what point was importance mentioned ?
Better yet who, how and when was it even alluded too ?
Because slap me if I'm wrong, but I dont recall once saying or indicating anything of the sort.

I grew up in South Central L.A, and now live in PA and have lived in 9 states across the country. And one thing I do know for a fact....riots are NOT generated online.

So if perhaps you feel the need to further your insecurity, by all means...knock yourself out.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by ADMIN X]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADMIN X
Trust me, I understand very much so.

I don't know you to trust you

But I'm willing to entertain your incorrect assumption.
At what point was importance mentioned ?
Better yet who, how and when was it even alluded too ?
Because slap me if I'm wrong, but I dont recall once saying or indicating anything of the sort.

We all don't get it, but you, oh great enlightened one claim you do

I grew up in South Central L.A, and now live in PA and have lived in 9 states across the country. And one thing I do know for a fact....riots are NOT generated online.

so, because you grew up in South Central LA and have lived in 9 states across the country, you now know the minutia behind every single riot ever, classic stuff, kudos to you......now how could anyone think you have an inflated sense of self importance :lo:

So if perhaps you feel the need to further your insecurity, by all means...knock yourself out.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by ADMIN X]

yeah, "insecure"

[edit on 3-6-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
You are wrong. Period.

the original exchange, the point i was defending, was

Why have we not heard of any black people being attacked in this same way?
there weren't any around that were stupid enough to get out of the car!!!!

you are taking my quote out of context, period.

this whole thread centres around the idea that any and every attack by one race on another is racist, and it just isn't. this riot wasn't racist, as far as i can see, it was little thugs running around being little thugs, and they're little thugs regardless of their race.

these kids weren't any worse for beating up a white couple than they would have been if they'ld beaten up a black couple. they were scumbags because they beat up an innocent couple who's only crime was sitting at a stop sign. i have no freaking idea why people are constantly suggesting it would be better to beat the couple if they had been another colour.

all this bullcrap about race is a stupid diversion cooked up for the purposes of dividing people, which if you check my posts, has been my point from the start.

"it was bad because of racism," bullcrap, it was wrong because it was wrong, the motivations don't change the degree of wrongness.

[edit on 3/6/09 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
you are taking my quote out of context, period.

this whole thread centres around the idea that any and every attack by one race on another is racist, and it just isn't. this riot wasn't racist, as far as i can see, it was little thugs running around being little thugs, and they're little thugs regardless of their race.

these kids weren't any worse for beating up a white couple than they would have been if they'ld beaten up a black couple. they were scumbags because they beat up an innocent couple who's only crime was sitting at a stop sign. i have no freaking idea why people are constantly suggesting it would be better to beat the couple if they had been another colour.

all this bullcrap about race is a stupid diversion cooked up for the purposes of dividing people, which if you check my posts, has been my point from the start.

"it was bad because of racism," bullcrap, it was wrong because it was wrong, the motivations don't change the degree of wrongness.

[edit on 3/6/09 by pieman]

On a general point I agree, if I stab a man to death for no reason than I just took a dislike to him, how is he any less of a victim than if I stabbed a man to death because he was black, gay whatever

HOWEVER

In the UK such attacks receive elevated "victim" status

news.bbc.co.uk...

Specifically this case, I think the allegation of racism stems from the allegation that this attack was organised, or at least encouraged by a black only website.

Now, we do not know for sure if it was a racist attack, but consider this my friend, say a mob of whites attacked a black couple, and those whites had been conversing on a whites only website- do you think the media would have been indulging in a racist frenzy (which they are not doing here)?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join