It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens Rampage in Philadelphia

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by piemanthis is rowdy teenagers screwing around.

So a group of "teenagers" throwing a woman onto the ground and kicking her until she is hospitalized is "teenagers screwing around" to you???

I guess that sums up the problem RIGHT THERE! It ain't no big deal, they just be screwin' around! They are good kids, really good kids, so don't judge them just because they like to loot, steal, and beat innocent people to a pulp! That's just normal!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

it's not normal, but it certainly isn't racist or terrorist either, or don't you want to address that issue with me anymore?

hospitalised, so over dramatic. a few cuts and bruises is what they got. any time you go to an ER and report any blow to the head, they'll likely keep you in overnight. it's fairly standard practice.

[edit on 3/6/09 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

As a famous character (D-Day) from Animal House once said: "RAAAAMMING SPEEED!"

I wouldnt think twice of gunning it through such a thug crowd. Make sure you turn off your headlights too. My Godfather once had a problem like that too years ago. A few "tough-guys" were crossing in front of his car in the middle of the street, and when he honked at them to get the hell outta the way, they stopped and stood right in front of him going like, what ya gonna do punk. So he just backed up, turned of his headlights, and floored it right at them. Shoulda seen them jump for cover.

I have no pity for idiots trying to act tough and acting like a bunch of wanna be tough guys. Punish them. Hard. Make them suffer for it. Stupidity is being allowed too much nowadays. And allowing for stupidity to breed and grow, we are messing up the social fabric. We must not tolerate this and punish garbage.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Pieman. DO NOT make up a sentence and put it in quotes, and attribute it to me. That is not a quote. That is called lying to make a point.

If you get bored here, you can go bake a pie!
Or eat a pie. mmmm. Pie.

I honestly think you are not comprehending the conversation. Nobody said these kids are terrorists akin to the Jihadists. Nobody said we should lock them up and throw away the key. But then, we don't have to say anything, you are putting words into our mouths! Or mine, anyway. Again, please stop it.

Anybody can see that what has occurred in this situation is beyond a childish prank, and some of us find it disturbing. We are having a conversation about it. It's actually not that difficult to understand.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'd give it that too... I'm all for males fighting other males as rite of passage

Dragging a woman from a car and beating her arse is horrible and deserves to be punished however you want to label it...

with that...

I'm off this topic,

I'm here because I explore ancient civilizations and aliens and am into survival and cave diving etc, etc, et al...

the politics in here drives me nuts anyway

peace

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

sorry, it never occurred to me that i had, i tend to us the quote box for direct quotes.

i meant to use the inverted commas to show that i was interpriting the meaning behind your words and paraphrasing, TBH, i expect all the ATS members to be mind readers and know exactly what i mean at all times, even when my punctuation is misleading.

i think terrorists is a very emotive word these days, lets be honest.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by piemanit's not normal, but it certainly isn't racist or terrorist either, or don't you want to address that issue with me anymore?

hospitalised, so over dramatic. a few cuts and bruises is what they got. any time you go to an ER and report any blow to the head, they'll likely keep you in overnight. it's fairly standard practice.

A few cuts and bruises? You don't even see how twisted that is do you? Or you are just saying that to be annoying. Not sure which, don't care either.

And as far as "addressing that issue". What issue, the race aspect? Most here can CLEARLY see this is about race, what you think doesn't matter to me. You can believe anything you like and it means nothing to me. You can teach your kids that what happened is "no big deal" and that is fine with me too.

Your attitude regarding violent crime is the reason I have a CCW permit.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
[Mod Edit: Removed quote from deleted post]

I do not post on Stormfront. Wrong person. By the way I think I will report you for abuse, the word "whore" is against the T&C's of ATS. Or don't you know that?

[edit on 6/3/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me. I see a lot of elitists raging on about these "poor youths." Easy to say from the comfort of your gated house, in your NICE community. I have been to south Philly. It's a crime infested dump. God forbid you're a nice naive little tourist and you get lost there at night. Tell us how that works out for you.

I feel bad for the upstanding African American community members in South Philly. Some of them are heroic in their effort to curb violence. The old school members of the community, who do NOT commit crime are tough as nails and do a better job than police in most cases.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Please get back to the topic instead of off topic or personal attacks. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

Had to respond to this post.

I am an average sized white guy, or what was average sized twenty years ago. I am not intimidating looking. I grew up in a racist all white community. As an adult, I have spent most of my life in racially mixed communities. I think racism is wrong, and that racism is not about race. I have traveled through, and done business, and even hung out in some very dangerous neighborhoods, and traveled in countries where most people would not go. Generally, I get respect where ever I go, but there are occasionally those who want to have an issue with me because of my race, or just the way I am dressed, or act. What I mainly notice is that the ones who have the attitudes, and the racial or social, or class bias are not the people that can back it up, and simply standing up to them will cause them to back down.

In general, I get respected because I show respect, and that has always worked for me. However, there are times when people will beat the crap out of you just because they have the opportunity. When there are numerous of them and only one of you, the best thing you can do is get yourself someplace which increases your safety factor, or improves your defensive position. This understanding has served me well.

The thing is, when you say this -

I would then lecture them on why they were a victim of this hatred. They were often shocked to find out it was their own racism that needed to be addressed not just the racism of their attackers. People just can not see the forest for the trees.

I have to seriously disagree. You don't have to be a racist to get beat up by a gang of thugs, and it doesn't matter what color the thugs are. It wasn't caused by the white kids' racism, he got in the wrong situation at the wrong time. Chances are that the black gang beats up blacks as well as whites. The biggest mistake he probably made was to show fear, that is what brings them down upon someone. Add teaching self confidence in with your martial arts training, and that will keep him from getting beat up next time.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
A few cuts and bruises? What if she were pregnant?

People make things waaaaay too difficult when it is really simple:

Any guy who hurts an innocent woman deserves a proper beating at the very least.
Any group of people who gang up on lone innocent victims needs that same beating to the 2nd degree.

I was no goodie goodie two shoes myself, but at least me and my friends had a moral compass. This stuff is way off the scale, and I hope people are gathering together in anticipation of next weekend's 'party'...

and what's with this 'our space' crap?
I thought the idea was to destroy segregation...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Fair enough! Yes, that word does conjure up emotions these days.

To the OP: I appreciate the thread for bringing this news to my attention, as I might otherwise not have noticed it. I'm hopeful that this was an isolated incident, and there is nothing else afoot.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Great post Tom, haven't seen you around in awhile. Good to hear from you.

Things I would like to add.

So many people think crime and racism are getting worse, many stated this on this thread, but the statistics show just the opposite with crime. Crime has dropped a great deal over the last couple of decades, starting in the early nineties, yet so many people think crime is getting worse. I would say that is a very good example of how successful media is at manipulating public opinion. Look at the murder rates of the seventies and eighties. It was a lot worse then.

Personally, I also think that the conflict between the races is getting better, not worse. Many prominent blacks are starting to speak out against black crime and behavior in the inner cities. Many blacks are putting the blame on blacks who perpetrate the crime. This, in my opinion is being downplayed by the media. While at the same time it is being down played how many whites in small towns are living on welfare. Once again, the media succeeds at hiding the reality of the situation.

PC is a very clever way of suppressing freedom of speech. When the media does not state the race of the perps, people tend to naturally assume the perps were black, and this is intentional. Thus, people are afraid to interact with blacks, or people of color. People are willing to continuously vote for more police, more law enforcement, more jails, and more laws in general.

The welfare created ghettos were set up intentionally in my opinion, in order to blame welfare for all of our social ills, all the while making people afraid to go outside of their homes or communities. Throw in the war on drugs to make a bad situation worse, and take away even more rights, and the police states continues to grow. California is bankrupt, but they are increasing the budgets of law enforcement, while cutting the budgets for schools and welfare. During an economic downturn, an investment in people which works towards the future should see an increase in funding to keep people in a situation where they can continue to improve themselves and an increase in schooling.

If anything, in my opinion, I think the media encourages thug behavior for inner city youth. Thug behavior has been glamorized. What these kids did was very wrong, and very bad for their community. Hopefully leaders in the black community make this known, point out to these kids how such behavior only plays into the hands of The Man, the PTB.

If this Ourspace website was used to promote this event, I hope the website acts quickly to kick the perps off of the website. I hope there is a very active debate going on at this web site on this very subject right now. I think these discussions are very productive.

Personally, I think the media actively encourages discrimination against white males. The Rush Limbaughs on one side and the Al Sharptons on the other, working together, not against each other.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Black women understand what I am talking about, they live it every day... many appalled by Black Mens willingness to abandon their race for white women, a Million I net articles on the subject....

TRENDS ARE ALL MARKETED THESE DAYS

This one...Obama etc... Don't kid yourselves, it's intentional and the reasons are racist and about breeding the population in a specific direction..

So what do you say about Black women who marry White men? In Atlanta I see more interracial relationships than I do otherwise... and it goes in so many different directions that gender patterning is non-existent.

It's Asian Guy with White Woman, White Man with Asian Woman, Asian Woman with Black Man, White Man with Black Woman, Hispanic Woman with Asian Man, Hispanic Man with Black Woman, the permutations continue....

Oh how I love Atlanta!

Oh btw.. while we're on the subject... white and black are soooo misnomers...
You have to go back to your tribe...

You see, Northern Europeans are completely different from Mediterranean Europeans , even though we are both considered white....

Racial differences run deep even within a single one of the major race categories.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

If I intimidate you to the point of you feeling smaller mentally than what you have already displayed thus far...feel free to click the little red ignore button.
It does actually work yanno.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Oh wow! I thought we had settled this as a non-race related crime. Did we just forget about the cab that was stolen (we do not know if the cab driver was white) and the trashed store (not sure if anyone, the owner or shop keep, was white). Holy -explicit term here-. You people will drag on about anything. If it had been a black couple would it have been race related? Did the youths scream out white slurs? I think not! Atleast that has not been reported yet....

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join