It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandmother Tasered at Traffic Stop

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I must say, this is appalling. I am a L.E.O. and this was absolutely uncalled for. Weather she was resisting or not that officer should have used some common sense, defuse the situation and send her on her way. This is a 72 year old grandmother not a gang banger. My brothers in uniform need to remember who they are, and protect the citizens of the country. I really wonder what happened to community oriented policing.

Anyway I apologize for the actions of the black sheep and want to ensure you all there is still some of us that will defend you too the death.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
The cop couldn't subdue a 72 year old woman without the help of a taser? What a wuss!

if he had he would have risked accidentally breaking her arm or her hip, old people are fragile. I swear Police officers have a thankless job. This old woman deserved what she got for behaving like an ass.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagnut
I am a L.E.O.

I find this hard to believe.

Mod note: One line posts, please review

[edit on 6/2/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
A few things here... if a police officer feels physically threatened by a 72 year old woman that officer should be on suspension until they hit the gym for a while.

Secondly and more importantly this is getting out of hand. I am not sure what kind of orders are coming down from the police chiefs but long gone are the days when police officers were part of the community. Jack-boot gestapo thugs will have very bad long term repercussions for the divide amongst the LE and the citizens considering what is coming down the pipe. When LEO start seeing the citizens as the enemy then I feel that is a sign a much larger problem of the entire organization as a whole. Obviously this is becoming wide spread across the country. I hope these officers remember their humanity sooner than later.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

Wow.. what a shocker...

I completely agree with you here...

Mode note: One line posts - please review.

[edit on 6/2/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Can't control a 72 year old women.... who was the officer?? Gumby?

These reports are comming in almost daily now, what a bunch of Nazi's.
Soon the people will start to fight back, won't be much longer with these kinda of things going on.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'll bet the cop thought she was one of those deadly 'Ninja Grannies'. I hear there is a lot of those in Texas.
But on a more serious note I've noticed that cops are tasering people like cattle lately. It seems to me to be a conditioning things because you see it on T.V., read it in newspapers and hear about it on the radio all the time. Yes defenently a conditioning thing. The folks in this video decided they had seen enough and took matters in their own hands:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
As often as these kind of abusive and life threatening incidents occur, I am beginning to think that the officers desire an uprising of citizens to come about..... It seems they are pushing for a reason to kick down doors and use deadly force for any unjustifiable reason.....It is a mind set that occurs when you give a boy a gun and badge, everyone is a criminal.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
One of them says she resisted and fought. The other says she did not. Obviously one is lying. The only way you and I will know is if the dash cam footage is ever released.

The proof lies within the video. I withhold my judgment until I actually see that video. It would be wise for all of us to do so. One of them is lying, but the video does NOT lie....

Only when and if the video is released will I be able to say more than I already have.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

He tasered this woman for this? And yet that cop slapping Zsa Zsa Gabor was driving with an expired license and had an open bottle of liquor in her car.

She IMO insulted the jury by saying they were not her peers(they were not in show business ) and she compared the situation to Nazi Germany and for all of this she only go 72 hrs in jail and a fine.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Eight]

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Eight]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
OMG, what ever next. What if he had killed this old lady. Come on there is seriously something wrong with law enfocement officers nowadays.

Also why would the Atourney General refuse to release the dashboard cam footage? Are they trying to hide something, alter the evidence.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hey, folks. This is a topic about which there are strong feelings.

We are, however, here to discuss why the Grandma got tasered. We are, most emphatically, NOT, (allow me to repeat) NOT, here to discuss each other. We will also keep it civil.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I would like to know the officer's name. Is it a secret?

Just curious.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I can not see any reason to use the taser on a 72 year old woman. Most people that age, men or women, have heart conditions. That is just common sense. The heart can be stopped using electricity especially a jolt like a taser produces. Just given these facts alone make this a horrific use of the taser. At the very least the legislature should limit the tasers use to people that at least appear to be young adult/middle aged. Even though that is weak and leaves it up to the cop's perception of a person's age it might at least save some obvious senior citizens from being zapped.

On a side note, I can see why some older people get irate at being pulled over. How would you feel about getting a ticket from a cop when you got your license before they were born? Especially since most people know tickets are rarely for public safety but rather bringing in the almighty dollar to city and/or state.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join