It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandmother Tasered at Traffic Stop

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Everyone needs to relax and just calm down,

This is an isolated incident.....

No it is not an Isolated incident!

IT IS THE BIG PINK ELEPHANT NOBODY WANTS TO ADMIT TOO!!!

Autistic Child Tazered

SECOND CHILD TAZERED

SOMETIME THEY KILL YOUR DOG BEFORE THEY TAZER YOU for the crime of being DEAF and unable to hear a comand to OBEY

It is not an isolated incident it is Police out of control! Resist and they'll taze you. Continue to resist and they will KILL YOU!

We live in tyranny and you just don't want to admit it!

[edit on 3-6-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eight
No,just the bad ones that tasers 72 year old ladies

What I was saying was that perhaps that force was necessary, we do not know unless we have ALL the facts. Refer to my old post.

Oath of a police officer,we expect them to adhere to it.

I WILL PRESERVE THE DIGNITY AND WILL RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF ALL INDIVIDUALS

I WILL DISCHARGE MY DUTIES WITH INTEGRITY AND WILL PROMOTE UNDERSTANDING AND CONCILIATION

I WILL EXERCISE MY AUTHORITY AS A POLICE OFFICER IN THE MANNER INTENDED BY THE LAW

www.intermin.fi...

What does the Oath of a Police Officer have to do with an elderly woman breaking the law? They respected her rights, they gave her a chance to sign a ticket instead of revoking her license and arresting her outright. She refused. Again, you are dodging my line of reasoning here.

No one is arguing that point, I myself loathed the action of the taser being used.

Well apparently you yourself are arguing the point with me by dodging my question (see quote above). You apparently think that the Police didn't do their job by arresting this woman. Like I said before, I think it was a good decision to get an elderly woman off the road who had the potential for making hasty decisions in a bout of road rage (albeit the taser was most unprofessional). I think they made the right decision.

I don't have the time or inclination to teach you electrical theory but just know it takes very little current to kill you. It depends primarily on your body resistance. I=E/R. It's Ohm's Law;look it up.

Uh, why would you teach me electrical theory for stating that she was not hurt. You are being a little silly here.

I do understand that a big enough current can kill you, but what I'm saying, is that it did not kill her or cause any sustained injury, so they shouldn't be punished for using a technique to unwind individuals for cooperation. It helped bring in her capture in a way that nobody was hurt. I commend that.

About this point you seem like you are talking down to me, which is quite hypocritical for what you are about to write.

You are correct in this regard, we don't know. But they take the oath for a reason.

Again, you are dodging my reasoning... They do take an oath to protect and serve... And they delivered by taking a potentially dangerous person off the streets. What more do you need?

You know Webster defines a hypocrite as someone who "pretends to be better than he really is,virtuous without really being so".

So how about you tell me how I'm a hypocrite for stating my beliefs and opinions? You are taking down to me now, in my eyes that makes you a hypocrite. I can understand you are passionate, but don't call me a hypocrite because YOU are being hypocritical. I don't "pretend" to be better than anyone else, I just think that everyone here bought into the information that was obviously used with a spin for anti-Police propaganda. You guys can be fooled, but it isn't going to fool me.

Do you realize by you making this statement you have just done what you have accused us that have contempt for this officer.

Don't feel bad, some people genuinely fail to recognize that they have character faults that they condemn in others

I'm sure you all have your own reasons to have contempt for the Police, but that does not mean in every situation when the media places a spin on a story that the Police are at fault... That is all that I am saying. Look closer into the details and you would find that many of these cases are just embellished to the point of hysteria.

Though many of these cases have Police fault, they are all human beings too. They can and will make mistakes with the best of us.

Looking into the story, I stated why she went to jail. I am not demeaning to her as a person, I just believe the Police were justified in arresting her. She was POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS.

Character faults? So we're getting personal now are we? I don't normally condemn others, but it makes me sick when a lot of people don't even look into the story in a Cop case because they automatically think that Cops are out to harass and detest citizens. Don't get me wrong, some are, but the majority are NOT. All I am saying is that not everything is as it seems when it comes to alleged cases of Police abuse.

I didn't mention who I believed bought into the smear propaganda, so you singled yourself out when you felt the need to try and de-characterize me. I stated my opinions in a rational and reasonable manner, there was no need to attack me as a person. I believe that says a lot about your personality as well.

Sometimes people cry Wolf, yet when the people come running they think they had seen it as well when they really hadn't.

Peace!!

You do realize, you can't truly have peace unless there is Law and Order, this elderly woman BROKE THE LAW, and was PUNISHED. She did not exercise personal responsibility as a citizen by signing the ticket (nor when she was speeding), then proceeding to curse and taunt the Police.

For the record I DO NOT SPEED when I drive. I have plenty of time to get wherever I am going. (If I did I would indeed be a hypocrite.)

What did she think was going to happen? You do not provoke the Police and expect to walk away without being arrested. This is a fact of life that many people haven't incorporated into their thinking just yet. It should be common knowledge, but apparently it isn't. Even for a 72 year old lady.

I truly wish peace and prosperity upon everyone and like I stated before, I believe the Police in this case were justified and I think that the streets are a better place now that she might have learned her lesson that you shouldn't speed and put other lives in danger.

The purpose of my previous post was not to "talk down to people" as you had put, but to call out the flaws in many peoples' thinking that most Cops are the evil bad men in any given situation. That fact annoys me and I wanted to clarify.

Do not characterize me as an elitist because I have a different opinion on what happened. I have a different set of filters that don't automatically point blame on someone when something happens. I just have noticed that many do and I was annoyed.

Peace,
-FadeToBlack

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
ficken pigs, really brave pig. Hope someone tasers him

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
ficken pigs, really brave pig. Hope someone tasers him

I think this guy's name is Goss. So it's Constable Goss? Guess so.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It's already a common scenario in USA. The cops are free to terrorize members of the public.

Michael Jackson is the first person who constantly complained about police brutality since 1990s.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FadeToBlack
You do realize, you can't truly have peace unless there is Law and Order, this elderly woman BROKE THE LAW, and was PUNISHED. She did not exercise personal responsibility as a citizen by signing the ticket (nor when she was speeding), then proceeding to curse and taunt the Police.

Aren't you suppose to go to court before it has been determined you are guilty and punished?

BTW, we don't need no stinking swine around here, ha, I'm fully capable of taking the law into my own hands, thank you.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Have you ever heard of Innocent until proven guilty?

So the lady deserved what she got? Is that what you are saying?

There is no proof as off yet that she did curse or taunt the police officer in question, until this is shown in court you cannot presumme that she is guilty, complete ignorance on your part.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Aren't you suppose to go to court before it has been determined you are guilty and punished?

BTW, we don't need no stinking swine around here, ha, I'm fully capable of taking the law into my own hands, thank you.

I'm sure you are fully capable of taking the law into your own hands..

But beware, Chuck Norris knows no bounds. Take your responsibility as a citizen and maybe you might avoid such a fate...

She was punished by being arrested I mean. Not prosecuted. Depending on what she is charged with, the jury and/or judge will decide her fate. I think she deserved to be arrested, but anything else is up to the jury/judge based on the charges laid against her.

[edit on 6/3/2009 by FadeToBlack]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is really getting out of hand!! Check these out!
A 15yr old Girl.......

This Guy was out and they still beat him!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Have you ever heard of Innocent until proven guilty?

So the lady deserved what she got? Is that what you are saying?

There is no proof as off yet that she did curse or taunt the police officer in question, until this is shown in court you cannot presumme that she is guilty, complete ignorance on your part.

I think she deserved to be arrested based on the information provided. You are right, I shouldn't presume she is guilty, but based on the information, she deserved to be arrested.

So let me change my position: If she got out of her vehicle and ran around like a mad woman all the while cursing at the police and taunting them, she deserved to be arrested. Because we all know the police would taser a 72 year old lady unprovoked. Happy?

[edit on 6/3/2009 by FadeToBlack]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FadeToBlack

Actually no, that isn't sufficient...if these cops are soooo dedicated to to upholding the even the tiniest fracture of the LAW, why don't more of them arrest their fellow cops when they volate the law? Whydon't they police their own ranks? I"d like to see them be as zealous and aggressive when of the "blue gang" breaks they law.

When did you last see a cop stop an obviously illegal assault on a citizen? Never that I've seen. That's why there's always four or five guys who wind up charged when a dashcam video comes out.

So no, just admitting that maybe the cop was wrong to taser a 72-year old is not enough...the mindset still presumes, in the face of tons of evidence, that the cop is always right, and the perp, uh, citizen, is always a douchebag.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

Actually no, that isn't sufficient...if these cops are soooo dedicated to to upholding the even the tiniest fracture of the LAW, why don't more of them arrest their fellow cops when they volate the law? Whydon't they police their own ranks? I"d like to see them be as zealous and aggressive when of the "blue gang" breaks they law.

When did you last see a cop stop an obviously illegal assault on a citizen? Never that I've seen. That's why there's always four or five guys who wind up charged when a dashcam video comes out.

So no, just admitting that maybe the cop was wrong to taser a 72-year old is not enough...the mindset still presumes, in the face of tons of evidence, that the cop is always right, and the perp, uh, citizen, is always a douchebag.

EXACTLY! In addition, what about all the other crimes that go unpunished in plain sight. Vagrancy, Panhandling, Littering, Jaywalking, etc. I must admit I have a personal vendetta against vagrants, and I really don't want to be cited for Jaywalking, but it seems more dangerous than speeding. More kids in my town get killed walking or bicycling than driving (It's a University town)!

The point being, if brutal force is justified on this grandma for a minor infraction, then surely there are other more dangerous crimes that could be effectively stopped by such a vigilant officer!

[edit on 3-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I know this is all upsetting, so here's a few videos that may make you feel better and put a smile on your face.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

What does the Oath of a Police Officer have to do with an elderly woman breaking the law? They respected her rights, they gave her a chance to sign a ticket instead of revoking her license and arresting her outright. She refused. Again, you are dodging my line of reasoning here.

I'm going to assume you are serious in asking me what does the oath a officer of the law take has to do with how he discharges his duties.

It has everything to do with it. I have seen officers get punched and kicked and all they did was subdue the perpetrator.Here,in this case, her action dictated that she be tased. A your reasoning is flawed if it's base on the points you have outlined above. It says that when an officer's authority is threaten,tase;and that will teach them.

Uh, why would you teach me electrical theory for stating that she was not hurt.

I wouldn't, also it's just a phrase...You should have known that because in the same sentence I showed you some electrical theory.

You are being a little silly here.

You're getting flustered here.I don't Insult posters so I may have to tase you.

I do understand that a big enough current can kill you,

Do you don't understand,I said that it doesn't take that much current to kill you. That is why I said I don't have time to teach you Ohm's Law.

but what I'm saying, is that it did not kill her or cause any sustained injury, so they shouldn't be punished for using a technique to unwind individuals for cooperation. It helped bring in her capture in a way that nobody was hurt. I commend that.

So what you are saying is that a last resort device should now be used as a first and only resort device after an officer's patience has ran out?

About this point you seem like you are talking down to me, which is quite hypocritical for what you are about to write.

If is seems that way to you then I apologize,I see all posters as equals.

You are taking down to me now, in my eyes that makes you a hypocrite

Yes I am a hypocrite,why wouldn't I be?

I'm human so I posse that same faults as everybody else. That is what I was trying to convey to you when you accused us of judging which implied that you don't.

I can understand you are passionate, but don't call me a hypocrite because YOU are being hypocritical. I don't "pretend" to be better than anyone else

Well don't make statements that put you above human faults.

I just think that everyone here bought into the information that was obviously used with a spin for anti-Police propaganda. You guys can be fooled, but it isn't going to fool me.

No it is a new paradigm that the police seem to operating under now. i just read they tased another guy for nothing. look around it's there if you look.

I'm sure you all have your own reasons to have contempt for the Police, but that does not mean in every situation when the media places a spin on a story that the Police are at fault...

I have contempt for all,the media, the good cops and the bad cops. the good cops are just as guilty when they keep their mouths shut. No one here on this board created the "invisible blue line",they did. So they have to deal with being clumped in with the bad ones.

Though many of these cases have Police fault, they are all human beings too. They can and will make mistakes with the best of us.

Yes but the average citizen does not have the authority to use deadly force, nor do they carry a gun for work, nor are they in a position to send you to jail just on their word.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

That was too funny,yes I do feel better

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
This is really getting out of hand!! Check these out!
A 15yr old Girl.......

This Guy was out and they still beat him!

According to Fadetoblack, this is justified.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Look, I've been on the wrong end of a cop more times than I care to remember, and I've seen them at their worst. Besides that, I worked for some years in a law firm specializing in police misconduct. I know the horror stories and the shameless abuses that go on, bullies hiding behind their badges and picking on folks who haven't done anything wrong (or who have, but whose crimes didn't justify the attacks and beatings, sometimes the killings).

Nevertheless, this story doesn't quite fit. Sure, it's *possible* that some mad-dog cop went berserk and tased the poor woman, who hadn't done anything wrong. However, experience has shown me that there are usually two sides to a story. Without knowing both sides, I would withhold judgement about who's at fault here.

Was this 72-year-old woman a helpless, grandmotherly type we imagine? Or was she, perhaps, more like a "biker chick" in full leathers, with a chain in her hand? OK, that's a silly image, but what about pepper spray in her hand, moving to spray the cop? Then a tasering would be completely justified.

Despite their reputation, almost all police are decent, responsible people trying to do a thankless, impossible job. They put their lives on the line, see their arrests walk free on technicalities, see repeat crimes by those same guys, scorned by the public, not paid all that well... The hours stink, the rewards are meager, and they are supposed to do their jobs with a smile on their face and a song in their heart. Sometimes they just can't muster up the warm, fuzzy feeling they're supposed to have. But almost none of them resorts to unreasonable violence. We just think they do, because the few who are bent get lots of publicity, and the uniform means we'll surely remember it - and blame all the decent cops for the misbehavior of the few thugs.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Sometimes they just can't muster up the warm, fuzzy feeling they're supposed to have.

Oh, SURE they can. They taser, threaten, beat, abuse, torture, and screw everyone they can find. Some figure out a way to continue it right up thru court.

Almost all are good. HA. We the ones who've had the long arm of the law shoved up our butts so far we feel like muppets do NOT agree. Good, upstanding law abiding citizens whom the cops use and abuse like cheap TP.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wow this cop needs to be suspended and or fired! How in the world do you tase an elderly woman who doesnt have any kind of weapon?! He couldnt control the situation with a 72 year old woman, then how in the world does he deal with real criminals who are truly violent with weapons??

Side note about cops....A few months ago we had an incident where I live with cops blackmailing I guess you could say, girls from where I work. I work in a bar and the cops would sit in the lot across the street or next door and wait for the bar to close. Then they would follow the girls, pull them over and then threaten to take them to jail unless they gave them all the money they made that night. Yes it's a Gentleman's Club so the girls do go home with pretty nice sums of cash. I knew 3 of the girls this happened to and they DO NOT drink and all three were being threatened with DUI charges unless they gave them their money. Complaints were made and NOTHING was done! We were just looked at in a bad light because of our job and they took full advantage of that. It made me sick and still does. If that were me I would have rolled up my window, locked the doors and called 911 and reported them right away and then I would call my lawyer even if it was 3am! This hasnt happened in a few months but it comes and goes.

Sorry to side track your thread but after reading this story it made me think of this incident.

Cops like this need to be stopped! I see too many stories like this lately and I use to not worry too much when one was behind me but now I do. Too many weird things going on and you just never know anymore and that is quite scary to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join