It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one who kind of wants bad things to Happen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I scour these boards always looking for the latest updates on North Korea, Swine Flu, Iran, Palastine/Isreal and financial meltdowns, secretly hoping it's all gonna kick off somewhere. Im pretty sure I'm not the only one here who does the same. There's something exciting about seeing the world spinning out of control. Maybe it just makes a pretty boring life a bit more interesting

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well i hope they happen to you then... you obviously desire to see it, and deserve it. People rarely get what they deserve though.... thats what i would wish for.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
i kind of get it. I wish something big would happen, but i would prefer it if it was something amazing and great, not terrible.

I think lots of people are just simply, FED UP at the moment. we hear the same stuff over and over and our sick to the back teeth of our governments.

I believe there is a kind of revolution brewing for sure.

there is so much happening that its like a shaken champagne bottle waiting to blow the top.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Here at ATS, it's like watching television. You have your favorite television show playing and then they cut to commercials, then it's back on, then back to the commercials. And so forth and so on.

So the topics you post in, are really up to what you are interested in.

ATS is a great website, always stuff happening! Its worth the wait, if there is one!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I think its because i have a terminal illness, that has made me feel like this. Maybe its phsycological response Ive developed to seeing my life as being unfair. I dont know

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Definitely not.
I sense that sort of eager anticipation behind many posts here.

In a way it's sick, but it's not unnatural. I suspect a certain proportion of males have always been eager for violence and disaster, and that these have been the ones to fight and protect the community. When you think of evolution selecting communities rather than individuals, you can understand how your traits could be one of a group that were selected for to ensure a community's survival.

However it's also a sign of a lack of experience of these things. When you have seen friends or loved ones painfully dying in disasters, when you've seen innocent children who you know killed, wounded or orphaned in war, then your outlook changes. After that you will fight all the harder if you do need to fight, but you will loath war and disaster.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I don't "kind of" want bad things to happen. I'm prepared that they will happen.

The media lies to us. I felt it in my gut long ago, but ignored it. During the presidential campaigns the media was so over the top with hype ... it threw me directly into disbelief. "This can't be right... this is all wrong."

I want to know what's going on for real. Not someones opinion of what they think I should know about daily events.

I scan ATS for pertinent information that is overlooked or dropped by the media. All of this information at ATS can have a huge effect on all of our lives.

It's NOT a deathwish or doom & gloom to want to be as informed or prepared as possible for events, however evil in scale, they may play out.

I don't secretly hope with any excitement that something wicked this way comes... It's coming, and I want to be with the rest of ATS and know when it happens so that I can keep my family safe.

Edit to Add: These are unique times ... Cynic's and apathetic's have no worries but healthy caution goes a long way.

[edit on 6·1·09 by DrMattMaddix]

link   
Always we wait for the big one to hit.

Always we're disappointed.

- Peace is declared
- the fire is put out
- the ground stops shaking
- the virus mutates and becomes harmless
- the dollar rises in value

I agree let's see some major blood and destruction for once.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

link   
interesting thread

i'm the same....i keep on checking out news and await something to happen like 9/11

Maybe its because I love History so much that maybe its inspire me to be part of history.

Also since I am from Malta (a small island in the Med Sea) I dont think they will fire 1 of their precious nukes of here (i hope hope hope)..so maybe during a nuclear holocaust we shall be only satisfied spectators.

But myself a prefer a UFO disclosure than a nuclear war so please USA give us the proof that Aliens are here and forget about wars

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
i believe it is alot of us who feel the same way, i oftern thought why do i kind of feel myself wanting a global event to happen... i think it is because the world is too far gone down the road of destruction to be destroyed and i want something better to come from it in the end. it would also somewhat prove a higher power in the world otherwise how could the end times have been predicted at all? i duno... my .02.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Yeah i dont want people to think I sit here rubbing my hands in glee knowing people are going to die. I guess im just waiting to see when things will or wont kick off. whether Im being overly paranoid about current events.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

I think its because i have a terminal illness, that has made me feel like this. Maybe its phsycological response Ive developed to seeing my life as being unfair. I dont know

I guess knowing you can expect to die young would piss you off a bit and leave you wanting to see other people suffer too.
Excuse me assuming you are young, but your posts give that impression.

If it helps, I can tell you there is somewhere great you can go to when you do die. I've been there when a dentist overdid a general anaesthetic and I was dead for a while. Having been there I can't wait to go back, it's wonderful. And there's no gates, no angels with flaming swords keeping you out, and no religion there.

In the meantime, before you go there, I suggest you do as I do. Where you see good in the world love it, enjoy it, encourage it. Where you see bad stuff do what you can to help fix it. Life is a game to play, make rules and choices for yourself that will leave you with as little as possible to regret later.

Your days here are precious, and when they are over you'll find yourself going home to a place beyond your wildest expectations.

[edit on 1/6/09 by Kailassa]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I think people do this either because one, they have a lack of entertainment in their lives, or just simply do not care for the lives of others because they figure it wont be happening to them so they'll never have to really deal with the pain of something big and bad happening.
They will be completely detached and viewing it from their TV's so whats the harm right?

Also don't take these as insults, I am guilty of it at times too.(as long as it isn't animals and small children, heh. really can't handle that stuff I break down in tears within seconds.)
It's basic human nature, even though it is something bad, we end up having a positive chemical reaction in our brains and when this happens we notice it but can not quite name that feeling, leaving us to wait for that same feeling again.

Or maybe it's because we are all so desensitized to our TV shows, movies, and video games they no longer exhilarate, so now it's time for something real.
General progression.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Hey - I hear ya man.

There is very little in this word that gets my goat - but there is one thing...one little thing....that can get me mad enough to unleash complete and utter destruction in defensive mode.

Luckily, I move pretty slowly and have enough coping techniques and a big enough sense of empathy and the heart to really think things through before unleashing that kind of ultimate devestation unchecked.

Most of the time, the offenders don't know any better and it's just part of their social way respective to their particular caste or class or whatever.

But when it's from someone who knows better?

Oh hell, man. I'd spend the rest of eternity hunting those bastards and their descendants through space and time to eradicate them lest they continue to make hell for other people.

I'm not proud of it - but it's there. It's ancient, and it just wants peace, but it does have that ingrained reaction to certain stimulus.

Thank gods I've been able to cultivate a higher mind over the millenia, eh?

[edit on 6/1/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Yeah i dont want people to think I sit here rubbing my hands in glee knowing people are going to die.

Hey look at that only 40 minutes into the thread and an Air France plane goes down.

Sucks for those people.

Let's pray huh?

With friends like us who needs enemies?

Air France Plane down
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The only reason I would want something bad to happen, is so that it can at least happen on my watch. With the youth becoming more and more ignorant every day, I do not hold much faith in them to be able to fix a major political or economic catastrophe.

If it happens on my watch I might be able to do something to help better the future.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Im with Kailassa on this one, and though I have never been pronounced terminally dead for any length of time -- I believe that it would be such a life changing and amazing experience.

I am fully of the belief that there are many amazing things in store for us, once dead, and even while alive if we switched off our tv's for a while

but, back on topic, I guess its human nature to look for the bad stuff, and in your case, rejoice a bit about it, considering your plight. However, I would also advise you to try and spread a little bit of joy around each day (if you possibly can) as every little bit helps...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I don't think it's necessarily "wanting" something to happen, as much as it is you're sick of waiting for something to happen. This is how I feel. Reading everything from UFO's, to 2012, to whatever and starting to feel "Let's get on with it already." A lot of people feel this way, nothing wrong with it. To add, if you are bored, or have a mundane routine to your daily life - maybe you should try and change it up. Take a vacation, take a different route to work everyday, etc. That might help alleviate your desire to see the end of the world.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I feel the same way at times, as the OP stated.. I believe it comes from spending too much time watching news threads and visiting ATS, combined with a lack of sleep. But- yes, I sometimes want something big to happen.. good or bad.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
I think people do this either because one, they have a lack of entertainment in their lives, or just simply do not care for the lives of others because they figure it wont be happening to them so they'll never have to really deal with the pain of something big and bad happening.
They will be completely detached and viewing it from their TV's so whats the harm right?

Also don't take these as insults, I am guilty of it at times too.(as long as it isn't animals and small children, heh. really can't handle that stuff I break down in tears within seconds.)
It's basic human nature, even though it is something bad, we end up having a positive chemical reaction in our brains and when this happens we notice it but can not quite name that feeling, leaving us to wait for that same feeling again.

Or maybe it's because we are all so desensitized to our TV shows, movies, and video games they no longer exhilarate, so now it's time for something real.
General progression.

After fighting with a criminal insurance industry hell bent on my destruction for 20 odd years for the survival of my business, where I had invested my entire lives work, I would love it! Illegally red lined, defrauded, slandered and black balled out of every penny I ever earned. I have lost everything, my successful 20 year business, home of 25 years, lifetime of investments, savings, all of it! Never have I collected a dime of government help, rather only have I paid ludicrous amounts of taxes, licensing fees and the rest. All illegally stolen away in a flash!

Corrupt courts and governments on their knees with mouths wide open are all the contributing factors that ruined hard working guys like me! Trying to get by without being cheated out of what was rightfully mine. Learned the hard way that that would be an impossible task? Now 40 years old and burned out and broke, there's nothing left to do but hope I get the chance to hurt them back somehow! I know it's wrong, but it's how I feel?

Civil unrest is sometimes needed to put an end to out of control criminals! If and when it happens you will find me front and center showing no mercy! These people have destroyed so many lives that no punishment is too harsh for them. So I for one and with it all the way!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join