It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one who kind of wants bad things to Happen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It might not be that people are necesarilly bored, with lack of excitment in their lives, maybe we just all sick and tired of the way things are now and really we just want real change and cant see it coming about any other way.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'm another one just waiting for everything to go up in flames.

I don't think it's a sadistic thing though... I feel it stems from the inevitability of it all...

Whether it be good, bad, economic, UFO, social, viral, mayan, or whatever, crap IS going to happen... Everyone has something they subscribe to... And it's all just a matter of, "get the show on the road already." "let's just do this thing and start dealing with it." Ya know?

Personally, I think all assortment of apocalyptic events with occur, and just want it to quit taking it's sweet time....

~Red

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You know I have thought about this a bit, too. I think it's probably a bit more common than people think.

My gut feeling? It's because people are getting cabin fever. We don't have to "work" as hard anymore to get things done. No challenge left. I am speaking in general, of course. My job, just as with most people, can be very challenging at times, but it's not as satisfying as building a new house, etc. Maybe the First World cultures are just stagnating. We need a new challenge to get us moving as a people again. rebuilding civilization from disaster would kind of fit that bill.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
There's something exciting about seeing the world spinning out of control.

Funny. Yes, I too am looking forward to big doom! I'm even hoping to see humons on the endangered species list one day. I think it's funny to see all the hoity toity elite of the world loosing their jobs and homes, ha. I laugh every time I read about something horrible happening to humanity and humons in general. Why do I feel this way? Because they DESERVE IT, they deserve it because of the mess they have made of this planet, because of all the species of animals they have displaced and drove into extinction, they deserve it because of their total disrespect and disregard to all the other species and life forms upon this planet and our ecology. I'd love to see a plague wipe 90% of humanity off the planet! I hates most humons, BTW, they suck, they are an evil wicked destructive species and anything that screws up their day is a good day in my book.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm going to go ahead and guess that none of you guys has kids.

If i was on my own, i could totally understand this, but once you have kids, the thought of anything bad happening on that scale, fills you with dread because you immediately think of your children

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

I have kids. Doesn't change my opinion. I would rather my kids to have to face this and grow into stronger humans than grow up in a world where outright lies to your face are ok when the government or rich people do it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by geek101

I have kids. Doesn't change my opinion. I would rather my kids to have to face this and grow into stronger humans than grow up in a world where outright lies to your face are ok when the government or rich people do it.

You don't have to have global tragedy to teach your children about how lies are wrong. Thats a very weird thing to say. My kids knows the governments lie to them, they realise all the bad stuff that goes on in the world and i'm glad they do. But to hope that they might be put into positions of danger just so they realise that the world is screwed up....i don't understand that.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I understand what the original poster is trying to explain. He is confusing anticipation with pleasure. It is a fear reflex, your mind is preparing itself for the worse. The same occurs when someone chuckles in disbelief after they hear something highly disturbing. Naturally after someone like the original poster learns of a major event they will go through a short period of denial, looking for all facts to confirm and understand the event.

I believe the original poster is not evil, on the contrary actually.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
For me its almost like im excited that the world may experience some sort of global meltdown. I've thought about what I would take, where I would go and who I'd bring with me to survive. And I get excited about it like it's a vacation or something. I don't want people to die and I sure as hell don't want them to suffer

but there's something that draws people to destruction maybe its in our genes, the fact that we may have to go back to how we started and all.

The fact that more than one person is thinking this way should tell us something though and should tell our government something if they ever bothered to read stuff like this they would learn a lot about public opinion

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I feel that something is coming as much as I am ready for it.

I want change to happen, not necessarily good or bad though.
And it is not a global change that I desire most, it's more of an individual change. Because I feel that's the only way I can truly contribute to this global change that I would love to see happen.

What I believe to be the truth is that change is happening constantly, but we are too attached to beliefs, expectations, ideas, emotions and even matter to realize the gratefulness that we are losing at each moment, each second.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by saber13
For me its almost like im excited that the world may experience some sort of global meltdown. I've thought about what I would take, where I would go and who I'd bring with me to survive. And I get excited about it like it's a vacation or something. I don't want people to die and I sure as hell don't want them to suffer

but there's something that draws people to destruction maybe its in our genes, the fact that we may have to go back to how we started and all.

The fact that more than one person is thinking this way should tell us something though and should tell our government something if they ever bothered to read stuff like this they would learn a lot about public opinion

Ever since I can remember I have had what I would call "daydreams". But it is always the same reoccurring event. I would draw what I saw down on paper, almost like a reverse storyboard.

The event goes as follows:

It is the near future, in New York City, where I live, and everyone is gone because a large professional army has invaded the United States and are entering the city from the north, using the major highways as means of advancing south and west. The invading force consists of a Union between Russia and China.

I am alone with a highpowered rifle and combat grade gear that I took from a local precinct, and I mean to slow down the advance by attempting to assassinate high ranking officers.

I can't seem to progress the visions, I just see myself with a rifle high up in a building overlooking this Russo/Chinese army advancing south.

Killing is not in my interest either, I could never bring myself to do unnecessary harm to another person.

The odd thing is that I have been having this vision way before this economic crisis, before Iraq, before September 2001, back when this vision was not even remotely possible, back when the U.S. looked invincible.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
To want a global meltdown as entertainment or to bring excitement
into an otherwise boring life of mediocrity is the worst kind of selfishness.

It means you are hoping millions of people will suffer just for your entertainment.

I agree with the Dalai Lama that "Pessimism makes you a big loser."

You have to strive with every breath to make this a better world
and that is what makes you a hero.
Everyone gets down occasionally
but to wish for catastrophes where multitudes suffer
-that makes a person a pathetic loser.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Who says change is bad? I want to see change. I've already seen horrifying injustice, evil, and so many bad things happen already, and we continue down this same broken path to nowhere completely oblivious. The worst thing that can happen is that we continue along exactly as we've been going. That's the worst that can happen in my eyes, oppression continues, innocents suffer, the guilty profit from the blood of the ignorant, and nothing ever changes. Nobody has enough sense anymore to be outraged over injustice.

I absolutely hate people from what i've seen. I still to this day can't believe the way people treat others and think it's okay to do so. And, it's always the ones you disgusting beings claim to cherish the most that receive your hate. Modern humans are a vile plague on the face of this planet.

What i want to see is every single material possession that man has ever created turn to dust. Back to the earth, to it's elemental form, and we start from absolute zero, naked, cold, hungry. That's what i want to happen, right now.

But i agree that something needs to happen to change our path, because we seem to be at a stage that you're all slaves blind to the bloody shackles choking your throat, and that's just fine and dandy with you. That's why i see humans that way, because deep down you KNOW you're slaves and your children will be slaves too, and it doesn't bother you. You should be furious, instead you pretend it's not real and live in a delusion. One big huge global orgy of apathy and laziness as you sit and do absolutely nothing about the massive gross injustice that plagues our supposedly civilized civilization. I for one will laugh when the whole dammned sick twisted crooked corrupt global system falls under it's own weight like Rome did. I'll hum a happy tune on doomsday afternoon and watch it all crumble and burn to ashes.

Someone asked about kids. I don't have any, i'd have to be insane to think that i can live with my conscience if i did procreate and bring another life into a dead world. I'd be no better than a slavetrader, selling a soul into a life of slavery and injustice at the hands of madmen. I'd just be feeding more meat to the machine, and not giving that life a chance to ever live. Not unless things change drastically.

I do sincerely wish that we could lift ourselves out of this hell, we have the resources and ability to do so, but humans are lazy and addicted to comfort at any cost. I'd love to see everyone on this planet granted access to clean water and at least a meal a day, regardless of borders, economics, politics, religion, just people and those people having what they need avaialble and not restricted by others. There's over 6 billion people on this planet, and a lot more than half live in abject poverty when there's resources to provide all the needs of everyone may times over if we didn't allow corporations to hoard supplies to use as tools of extortion on global markets. If we spent 1/10th of the manpower and resources that we devote to genocide on feeding people, we'd actually approach something resembling civilization. In my area schools will run run for 3.5 days a week, because there's no "money" for education. But, threr seems to be no end to the billions spent on depleted uranium rounds, cluster bombs, JDAM munitions, and weapons of mass destruction. Do you think the CIA gets told they can't afford a waterboard and pitcher like schools get told they can't afford books? Or food? How about all the energy we expend building tools of death, making war, and betting in global markets on the outcome? How about the energy expended even keeping the whole global ecomnomic system afloat, billions sitting in offices shuffling papers with imaginary figures? Money isn't real, it's just keeps us too busy worrying to do work useful to the true betterment of society.

I'd rather see all of us die when a comet hits or a supervolcano erupts than to watch half of us face torture, genocide, and death at the hands of the other half.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I don't want bad things to happen, I scoure these boards in hope of the true disclosure of Conspiracies and Ufo/ETs. I most certainly dont want the world to spiral out of control as i love my life and family.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

believe me Im not evil. if you met me you'd meet a kind quiet relaxed individual. I've never done anything bad in my life. Ive never stole a sweet from a shop. I don't wish harm on anyone.

Im sorry if the post caused offence, but just putting it out there caused some debate and thats the whole point of this site?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

believe me Im not evil. if you met me you'd meet a kind quiet relaxed individual. I've never done anything bad in my life. Ive never stole a sweet from a shop. I don't wish harm on anyone.

Im sorry if the post caused offence, but just putting it out there caused some debate and thats the whole point of this site?

Yep, as I thought.

Theory 1: Due to your conscious morals you have become instinctively weak. People will try to take advantage of your kindness, so your subconscious mind constantly reassures itself that if necessary you will be prepared to tolerate a violent event. So your brain controllably increases pleasure as you view violence. Do you enjoy violent video games and or movies and or thoughts, yet do not exhibit violent actions?

Theory 2: You find it hard to tolerate the current state of the world, with every major event comes an additional level of stress to add on to the stress of your daily personal experiences. The stress of these major events wears off as time passes, along with common interest, so naturally you wish events to hurry and pass, so that you can already deal with it.

Theory 3: Theory 1 + Theory 2

Cure: Just remember you are a good person, and your intentions are to lighten not darken, your mind and body is trying to balance itself out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join