It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure Countdown...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Originally posted by Acidtastic
They can release all the footage or documents they want, but unfortauntly it'll fall on deaf ears. As a sizeable chunk of mankind, won't believe it until it's released officially by the powers that be.

That made you sound like one of the "true-believers".
If you felt offended by that then you should specify your "group" in every post or your signature.
(Group - Pseudoskeptics, skeptics, believers, true believers. Couldn't find a better word for that
)

Originally posted by musj13

Originally posted by DGFenrir

This whole thing is a joke. There will be no disclosure.. There is nothing to disclose.

I bet the skeptics will get a good laugh when this all ends.. AGAIN

Declassification shall at least happen some point soon; that is at least a neutral median for both sides. Which ever way you look at it, you must admit the fact we are living a time of increased public interest on this subject. It is becoming more and more prevalent to anyone - both skeptics and believers - that UFOs and the like have become almost a mainstream subject in daily news, world events, and discussion boards such as this. The public has the power here; we must at least embrace the fact that the public's increased interest should be recognized for something.

Yeah.. This has been happening for like.. forever. It's the same old nonsense that we hear over and over and over and over again: "Public's interest is increasing. Soon the disclosure will happen!!!". The public's interest isn't growing. Just more people find places like ATS and start discussing this stuff, some even go to conventions and fight for "disclosure".
If the public has power then why are they(you?) sitting at home and discussing this on the internet. Why not go in front of the White House and DEMAND disclosure?

reply to post by Majorion

Indeed. That website looks really amateurish.. But why are they doing this then? Do they sell books?

But lets just hope that they made themselves look like that on purpose and that they really have something.. For once I'd like to see an ET aircraft. Getting so tired of the ISS, NOSS (and other satellites), chinese lanterns, ice crystals and space debrys.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
reply to post by Xtraeme

I think you are a bit mislead or greatly underestimate what most would agree is a "considerable amount of time and effort".

By Podesta's own mouth he was a bit of a UFO nut. The Clinton's seemed equally interested after putting their weight behind the Rockefeller initiative.

Basset is a buffoon. I have heard him in some pretty extensive interviews and he is a negative influence on this subject. If you disagree, then seriously go out and listen to his interviews out there on some smaller podcasts. He and his organization is filled with children, and they need to be babysat by the rest of the community lest they keep setting the subject back like all the other "ufo investigators/groups" do.

I'm about equal part 'UFO skeptic' and 'UFO advocate.' I frankly don't buy the conspiracy-position. Which is to say I disagree with many things Stephen argues in favor-of.

However to claim that Stephen is stupid is baseless and inflammatory. He's clearly well spoken and obviously his own personal experience leads him to believe there is an extensive cover-up. Therefore he thinks the correct way to solve the problem is to demand "disclosure."

I disagree.

I also think the way he's approaching this will possibly do more harm than good, but neither of us are in a position to police peoples beliefs. What I've tried to convey to Stephen is this:

The solution is to reduce the rhetoric so it's accepted by the lowest common denominator 'UFO advocate.' So those of us who agree the UFO subject deserves recognition and study get on board the PRG political movement. That means rather than demanding "disclosure" (which assumes the 'conspiracy cover-up hypothesis') we should be demanding scientific and governmental investigation (which only assumes the 'grand foul-up hypothesis').

The 'grand foul-up vs. conspiracy cover-up' debate is an extremely important topic because it serves as a basis determining where we should focus our efforts and has a very real affect on the credibility of UFO investigations.

The trick that Stephen needs to learn is to escalate as the movement / evidence warrants it rather than at the rate that the man with the megaphone wants it to.

All that aside, there is one thing I really like about Stephen. He views the UFO movement from a historical perspective. Consider gay rights, women's rights, civil rights, AC vs DC, the negativity around manned flight, the Enlightenment era science vs. religion debates, all of these issues were eventually overcome through the continued pressure applied by individuals who believed strongly enough in what they were fighting for that they didn't give up advocating their position.

Bassett gets this. He also fundamentally understands that the UFO movement has no cohesive organization. Listen to the March 1, 2009 episode of the Paracast with Bassett, he is extremely clear in his statement @ 1:17:45,

This isn't going to get us anywhere. Until you finally understand that the problem here is not about our opinions of who is a laughing stock and who's not ... Soon as you realize that the problem here is the United States government, has been, still is, you're just going to continue to chase your tail round and round and round. Focus all of your concerns about legitimacy, focus all your concerns about image on your own government, and it's willingness to lie to you, manipulate you, ... [and] turn reality on its head.

Changing government policy is what counts. ... It's just keeping the pressure on the government. I will not chase my tail; and I will not play the governments game in this intellectual ghetto that they've created for us, where we're all tossed in here behind the ridicule walls and deprived of money and a lot of other things, and so we slowly decay and feast on ourselves like a pack of jackals. I'm not interested in that. You want to feast go ahead.

Bassett is trying to keep pressure on what he perceives as the "enemy" rather than doing what we're doing here; debating if one of our own has the character, integrity and intelligence to be considered a legitimate face for the UFO movement.

Stephen's right. We are not enemies. We simply have different beliefs and because of that we fight amongst ourselves over who's more sincere, who's in it for the money, and all that other garbage. That has to stop. We need to be tactically smart. That requires finding common ground and advocating that position as a group.

The establishment marginalizes the subject of UFOs. There is clearly something being observed. That's a good place to start.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
I'm in! I do want to see what he does. I'm thinking that they'll announce something tomorrow June 1st or else all my respect is gone for this guy and this group. It's one thing to press for disclosure and freedom of information it's quite another to give an ultimatum and then not deliver. I'm in for the countdown until tomorrow night!

yeah totally. If they don't have something real good, I'm done with the Disclosure Project. They will have lost all credibility in my eyes.

[edit] ... having read various replies, i shud probably better say 'I'm done with Paradigm Research' rather than with disclosureproject.org

[edit on 31-5-2009 by eniac]

[edit on 31-5-2009 by eniac]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm keeping an eye on this, but I have a feeling we will wind up disappointed as usual. I don't think disclosure will happen until somebody can profit from it. And the government can tax it somehow.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Look disclourse is not coming anytime soon. You people get all worked up for nothing about everything.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Jester
Look disclourse is not coming anytime soon. You people get all worked up for nothing about everything.

hate to say it but he/she's probably right. how many times have people talked about disclosing this and that and how many of those actually followed through?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

I also think the way he's approaching this will possibly do more harm than good, but neither of us are in a position to police peoples beliefs. What I've tried to convey to Stephen is this:

The solution is to reduce the rhetoric so it's accepted by the lowest common denominator 'UFO advocate.' So those of us who agree the UFO subject deserves recognition and study get on board the PRG political movement. That means rather than demanding "disclosure" (which assumes the 'conspiracy cover-up hypothesis') we should be demanding scientific and governmental investigation (which only assumes the 'grand foul-up hypothesis').

Well said, and I agree. I missed that thread and will go check it out later tonight.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This is quite pathetic

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is not going to happen. The GFL will do landings before the Xconference makes anyone do anything.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well if anything happens it will be tomorrow. And then there's the conference in Spain but....You can't have that kind of rhetoric and not follow through. He/they will lose all credibility. I'm becoming more convinced through looking at all of the photo analysis going around that NASA is doctoring photos or covering things up or not explaining things especially pertaining to the Mars and the Moon.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Good Eveing All...

It seems most are tired of ALL of the hype behind events to be revealed and the end product is a very weak, lacking real delivery!

I am tired of all of the promises and the lack of follow-through!

People, we see it on threads..."I have proof and I can prove it"...press releases of historic disclosure...yeah, right! History Channel advertising they had program that would change the way we look at everything, The Link, very weak!

I am ready...We are ready for someone to deliver on their claim(s)...

My thoughts, hope I didn't fan the flames, so be good!

Ciao!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by XtraemeSo we’re providing an additional 30 days.

Well that about says it all...

See ya all back here July 1st

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It would be the perfect time as it would put the horrible events that are unfolding currently with NK in a better perspective but I feel that we are ALONG way off of the U.S. Goverment exposing anything they know about first contact to the public.

I am skeptical that such hard evidence is in the hands of people able to "Make it public" freely as they would be hushed before that would happen most likely.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
disclosure has been around the cornet since 2001, and i would LOVE to be optimistic of this possibility, but realistically speaking, i don't think it will happen anytime soon...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by XtraemeSo we’re providing an additional 30 days.

Well that about says it all...

See ya all back here July 1st

If it does not disclose, by the end of ... May.

Not the end of May + 30

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
what's this about may 31 disclosure? It's June 1 now and still nothing. I think it's safe to say anything Obama says is a lie or is never gonna happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Disclosure in

disclosure NOW

oops
+1

+2

+3

+4

and so on.
Not going happen in our generation. maybe when huge alien fleet materialses and throws gifts at us, maybe, but don't hold your breath.
I for one WOULD LOVE to have disclosure, but we ain't gonna have ALL the questions we have answered in one go.

[edit on 1/6/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I think disclosure will happen soon i just have this feeling.I think we should just give it a little time and see what happens.I remember the Disclosure Project 911 pushed that out of sight is something going to push this under the carpet.There is alot of countrys going to the moon sending probes here and there somethings got to give just don't stop believing.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I was just reading through a thread yesterday from 2005 and a person goes "here we go disclosure is finally here 2005 I knew this was the year!!!" and I almost spit my drink out on my key board, no offense to that person it honestly just made me laugh and realize how long people have been counting on disclosure.

Instead of finding disclosure from other people you need to find closure in yourselves because it may possibly never happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
just found this press release dated 31 may 2009

www.disclosureproject.org...

is this the big deal about disclosure?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by digitalwarrior]

<< 1    3  4 >>

join