It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure Countdown...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
OK it's May 31, and just about D-Day for the Disclosure Project.

In the embedded video, they claimed to have access to implicating evidence which will prove that the Earth is being visited by Extra-Terrestrials.
They claim that unless the US Government discloses what it knows about the ET presence by the end of May, they will release this information.

That means NOW, people.

(view from about 4m45)

I propose to use this thread to keep tabs on any disclosure-related events which might transpire over the next couple of days.

Should anything important be shaking, I'd expect CNN to be the primary MSM channel to break the story.

However, disclosure-relevant news might also come from Twitter. Twitter Search might be worth keeping an eye on:
search.twitter.com...

Next: keeping an eye on Google News:
Google News for Disclosure/UFO news

What are we looking for?? I'm not sure. Maybe an unexpected press conference being called suddenly at the White House (lol!-- now that would be awesome!).
twitter.com...

Finally, keep an eye on the Disclosure Project's homepage:
www.disclosureproject.org...

If any interesting Disclosure-related news pops up, we can post it here, and keep everyone informed.
For the record, I suspect this whole thing will be a damp squib, but who knows?? In 48-62 hours we could be officially recognising EBE activity on this planet!

[edit on 31-5-2009 by eniac]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I was just thinking about how today is May 31st and there's been no official announcement made. Good thread

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Dude, I hope you know that there is like an extra 30 days now.

You got to stay on it, which means go read the other thread that's just like this.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This so called deadline being propped up here at ATS is a joke. It's not a deadline when you have no power to enforce it. I'm pretty sure Basset isn't pressing up to Obama very hard. I doubt Obama has any idea who Basset is. Making a threat and a deadline is something you guy swill blow out of proportion. There's been 8 threads on this and not one word from the white house. This REALLY isn't a deadline.

No offense to Paradigm or what they are trying to achieve here.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d12256628e64.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm in! I do want to see what he does. I'm thinking that they'll announce something tomorrow June 1st or else all my respect is gone for this guy and this group. It's one thing to press for disclosure and freedom of information it's quite another to give an ultimatum and then not deliver. I'm in for the countdown until tomorrow night!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by eniac
OK it's May 31, and just about D-Day for the Disclosure Project.

In the embedded video, they claimed to have access to implicating evidence which will prove that the Earth is being visited by Extra-Terrestrials.
They claim that unless the US Government discloses what it knows about the ET presence by the end of May, they will release this information.

Wrong. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

You're being overly simplistic with your analysis of Bassett's comment. I'll quote Stephen word for word,

If it does not disclose, by the end of ... May. This is not a threat. It's just a statement. You don't threaten the United States government they're heavily armed. But first hundred days plus 30, because I have to admit this gentleman came in to a rather extensive array of very profound problems. So we’re providing an additional 30 days.

If disclosure has not taken place, PRG has enormous, has a substantial network, and, and quite a bit of documentary evidence, uh connected to this, particularly politically, particularly to the Rockefeller Initiative and Clinton Administration and we are going to be extensively putting that out to the media. And, we’re just going to make it as difficult for them as possible. We don’t want to. But sometimes that’s necessary.

Notice he's not saying he has smoking gun evidence. Rather Stephen is insinuating he'll go out of his way to publicly call out John Podesta and Clinton, since both have spent considerable time and effort investigating governmental involvement into the UFO phenomenon.

Frankly it's a good strategy. If Bassett makes it a point to present them as kooks it forces the Obama administration to either disown them or make a stand and validate their position.

I have a feeling the strategy goes like this. Send videos of John Podesta, Obama's co-chair for the transition team, to every news network with suggestive comments like, "President Obama felt John Podesta was reliable enough to help direct his policy going in to office. So why isn't Obama listening to John's advice now ... ?"

[with a quick cut to the below video]

Following that he could do a few rounds on Clinton's cameos.

and

I'm not saying it will work because frankly I don't think there's anything to disclose, but I do think that if Bassett hits his stride it might place enough pressure on the administration that they force the USAF to reopen something like Blue Book.

All in all it will at the very least expose more people to the subject and since I can't see it making things any worse than they already are, power to him.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Wait so, are you saying that not only is the US government hiding information from us, but the Disclosure Project is also hiding information from us?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

No, these people have nothing other than what we have, the internet. They will pressure previous administrations and public figures to discuss openly what they have found in the 2 decades of searching government involvement with UFO's.

There will be no disclosure. I don't really think Obama is threatened by these guys. Besides, whatever he says goes and if he tells the people that these folks are lying. Who do you think the general population will believe?

Welcome to Obamamania.

~Keeper

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte
Wait so, are you saying that not only is the US government hiding information from us, but the Disclosure Project is also hiding information from us?

Stephen Bassett does not represent the Disclosure Project he represents the Paradigm Research Group and no, that isn't what Bassett said.

People here have continually butchered and misconstrued what was said during the CNN broadcast.

This thread, just like the last one, is a fantastic example of chinese telephone. Consider this folks, 90% of the posters have misinterpreted Bassett and that's despite repeated clarification specifically pointing out what was said and how. Yet people are still somehow fudging it up.

Now lets extrapolate. Many older UFO cases are related through the filter of 2nd or 3rd hand testimony. Then people on the Internet relate that story to friends. Those friends tell their friends. See where I'm going?

Everyone that has an interest in UFOs (or any subject really) should be very careful to make sure their information is coming from a primary source! The internet makes checking this sort of thing pretty damn easy, no excuses people!

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thanks for reminding me - and thanks for all the links.

I’m not so sure I believe anything will happen this evening - but - it’s always better to hope - so, here I am hopin’ and in the mean time will visit some of the links you posted.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
theres no way they will disclose anything. Theres just far too much to it and will open up a huge can of worms. It wont happen, no way no how. Sorry.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Even if we do get some kind of discloser is aint gonna be full. Theres no way in hell the military are gonna like it. cause then there gonna be seen responsible to protecting us from an et threat. And yeah it would probly open a huge can of worms espically in the us. Personally i have my bets on frace for discloser.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

.....publicly call out John Podesta and Clinton, since both have spent considerable time and effort investigating governmental involvement into the UFO phenomenon.

I think you are a bit mislead or greatly underestimate what most would agree is a "considerable amount of time and effort".

Basset is a buffoon. I have heard him in some pretty extensive interviews and he is a negative influence on this subject. If you disagree, then seriously go out and listen to his interviews out there on some smaller podcasts. He and his organization is filled with children, and they need to be babysat by the rest of the community lest they keep setting the subject back like all the other "ufo investigators/groups" do.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
They can release all the footage or documents they want, but unfortauntly it'll fall on deaf ears. As a sizeable chunk of mankind, won't believe it until it's released officially by the powers that be. But saying that, if it brings it out into the open for a few more weeks (before it dies out of public interest again) then it's all good. because if everyone starts to believe, then we don't need an official disclosure. We can just all sit back and laugh at the goverment, still huddled round their little web of lies. We are the disclosure, every man/woman and child. We do not need any officials to tell us what it's ok to believe.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Finally, keep an eye on the Disclosure Project's homepage:
www.disclosureproject.org...

If this has anything remotely to do with the Disclosure Project, then we all know whats gonna happen, its gonna fail!

Oh, I see its Stephen Bassett, the biggest gas-bag ufologist there is. Seriously mate, IgnoreTheFacts was right, go ahead and listen to this guy on podcasts and interviews and you will see hes so bogus.

A word from the wise; dont buy into just anyone making claims like this so naively, the only thing people like Bassett got is influence on naive people in ufo circles. This is practically how they make their living. This guy is nothing but the new Steven Greer, they even got the same first name! Wait till next year and he will probably start selling some remote viewing kits.

Regards,

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
They can release all the footage or documents they want, but unfortauntly it'll fall on deaf ears. As a sizeable chunk of mankind, won't believe it until it's released officially by the powers that be. But saying that, if it brings it out into the open for a few more weeks (before it dies out of public interest again) then it's all good. because if everyone starts to believe, then we don't need an official disclosure. We can just all sit back and laugh at the goverment, still huddled round their little web of lies. We are the disclosure, every man/woman and child. We do not need any officials to tell us what it's ok to believe.

And people like you believe everything that people like this Basset guy, Alex Jones and maybe even Lear say with no questions asked.
And I also hate comments like "Uuh ooh the government won't disclose anything. They'll be labeled liars and they don't want that. cry-cry"

This whole thing is a joke. There will be no disclosure.. There is nothing to disclose.

I bet the skeptics will get a good laugh when this all ends.. AGAIN

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Originally posted by Acidtastic

And people like you believe everything that people like this Basset guy, Alex Jones and maybe even Lear say with no questions asked.
And I also hate comments like "Uuh ooh the government won't disclose anything. They'll be labeled liars and they don't want that. cry-cry"

This whole thing is a joke. There will be no disclosure.. There is nothing to disclose.

I'm not the sort who believes anyone and anything. I beleive me, and my own eyes. I know that a large percentage of footgae out there is explainable by either out and out fakes, or normal missidentified aircraft of our earthly realm. But I also know my own mind well enough to be able to say "holy sh**, that's unexplainable" as I did when I saw a huge triangle fly over my head one warm night many moons ago. I do not need any disclosure, because I know. The only person who I needed to convince, was me. I boy, am i convinced.

And as for the "people like me" comment, you don't know me, or anything about me, other than I believe in UFOs and aliens. That doesn't mean I "automaticly believe everything" that's a lazy assed way of attacking my post and you know it.

And edit to also say, that the goverments were sitting on the files that they had, but they're starting to open them up to the public. Which says that they are at least, taking it seriously. And those files are chocked full of accounts from goverment and police witnesses. So they at the very least, know that there's a real reason behind quite alot of the sightings.

[edit on 31/5/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Declassification shall at least happen some point soon; that is at least a neutral median for both sides. Which ever way you look at it, you must admit the fact we are living a time of increased public interest on this subject. It is becoming more and more prevalent to anyone - both skeptics and believers - that UFOs and the like have become almost a mainstream subject in daily news, world events, and discussion boards such as this. The public has the power here; we must at least embrace the fact that the public's increased interest should be recognized for something.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
One of the things that ticked me off so much about Bassett, when he was saying something along the lines of: "we at PRG have some considerable influence, and.. and... "

One need not look further than PRG's website to see if there any credibility to this man: www.paradigmresearchgroup.org...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acaf750a3601.jpg[/atsimg]

Nobody is gonna take Bassett and his group seriously. Not in a million years. Its a childish attempt on his part.

Regards,

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join