It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure Countdown...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Heres a good laugh - this just in - seems Steven Greer is back at it again:

Steven M. Greer MD, founder and director of The Disclosure Project (www.DisclosureProject.org) will be speaking in Denver in the Turnhalle Room at the Tivoli Student Union building on the Auraria Campus on Thursday, June 18, 2009 from 7:00 to 10:00 pm.

Dr. Greer launched the world-wide Disclosure movement to end UFO secrecy and is currently advising members of Congress, foreign heads of state, and figures very close to the Obama Administration on how to best control currently illegal classified projects related to UFOs. These projects, which are embedded within a number of military, intelligence and corporate operations, have been managed without the oversight of Congress or the President of the United States since at least the late 1950s.

New Press Release just in From The Disclosure Project

Seems the charlatan is back in action, lol. There's more! -- read the full article.

Regards,

[edit on 1/6/09 by Majorion]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalwarrior
just found this press release dated 31 may 2009

www.disclosureproject.org...

is this the big deal about disclosure?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by digitalwarrior]

Wow!

“These projects have been managed illegally for over 50 years and as such constitute a grave threat to our US national security."

"These projects, which are embedded within a number of military, intelligence and corporate operations, have been managed without the oversight of Congress or the President of the United States since at least the late 1950s."

That sounds like some heavy statements to me. I hope Dr. Greer don't suddenly 'disapear', or do a 'mysterious retraction' of them.

"Recently, Dr. Greer has been working with senior members of a G7 country to initiate open contact with the extraterrestrial civilizations that are responsible for some of the UFO sightings around the world."

France is a G7 member country.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Correct me if I'm wrong, but here is my interpretation of Bassett's statement.

If it (The Obama Administration) does not disclose, by the end of ... May. This is not a threat. It's just a statement. You don't threaten the United States government they're heavily armed. But first hundred days (April 29th, Obama's 100th day in office) plus 30 (April 29th plus 30 days = May 29th), because I have to admit this gentleman (President Obama) came in to a rather extensive array of very profound problems. So we’re providing an additional 30 days (beyond the first 100 days in office or May 29th give or take).

So I believe the timer has indeed expired in regards to this particular timeline. If there is any truth to what Mr. Bassett has said, we are now waiting on PRG and/or another foreign country to disclose what it knows.

Tick Tock goes the unending clock.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by eniac

Thanks for this thread.

I hope the private group outs some interesting things.

I don't want to see wholesale disclosure as I'm convinced that evil horrible things will follow vis a vis NWO and gloablism.

However, I'd love to see the private group out bits and pieces that are significant.

I wish ATS had a ping feature to alert to significant updates on this thread. Maybe I'll try the RSS thing and see how that works.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
...Listen to the March 1, 2009 episode of the Paracast with Bassett, he is extremely clear in his statement @ 1:17:45,

This isn't going to get us anywhere. Until you finally understand that the problem here is not about our opinions of who is a laughing stock and who's not ... Soon as you realize that the problem here is the United States government, has been, still is, you're just going to continue to chase your tail round and round and round. Focus all of your concerns about legitimacy, focus all your concerns about image on your own government, and it's willingness to lie to you, manipulate you, ... [and] turn reality on its head.

Changing government policy is what counts. ... It's just keeping the pressure on the government. I will not chase my tail; and I will not play the governments game in this intellectual ghetto that they've created for us, where we're all tossed in here behind the ridicule walls and deprived of money and a lot of other things, and so we slowly decay and feast on ourselves like a pack of jackals. I'm not interested in that. You want to feast go ahead.

I listened to that episode when it was broadcast. That's the same episode in which Bassett stated that credibility is not an issue in the UFO field. That's the kind of soft thinking that gets all UFO researchers lumped into the same category of nuts and whack-os.

If not for credibility, what have you got in the area of UFOs? A lot of "suggestive" evidence that won't prove anything.

Bassett's just playing a numbers game, in which he believes that with enough people yelling for disclosure, the government will cave and "disclose" all. This, as we all know, ain't gonna happen. The government cares not one whit about what the public thinks, as has been demonstrated repeatedly for as long as I can remember. They care not about how many people scream for disclosure, they will just go about their business as usual.

Whether or not the government even has anything to disclose is, of course, an entirely different debate.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm not one to believe something i'm told simply because someone supposedly better then me, (i.e., TPTB) but I think coming out with a bold declaration such as this would be far too damaging if no disclosure actually came. So perhaps they really do have something up the sleeves that they discovered. Perhaps they only waited this long because they wanted to be absolutely sure the disclosure was accurate and so huge, nothing could debunk it? It's 8:20am where I live (California, US) so lets see what happens

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It strikes me as funny that here on ATS, there is more speculation of disclosure happening soon than on The Disclosure Projects own home page.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
True enough, can't argue with that. Only however, as the people who are going to disclose things aren't going to keep reminding you every day on their site, that would be childish and unprofessional. Like a doomsday profit you know? I simply say we take a neutral stand and wait, a little hope can't hurt even if doesn't help.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
looks these guys always find a new excuse to charge believers with some additional ticket.

i hope this will be just the last redundating conference

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
No disclosure will ever happen...voluntarily. I'm guessing not many here really and truly know what disclosure would mean for you, me and everyone on this planet! I suggest to try and get past knowing whether ETs exist or not and get to the questions you really should be asking...

Why have they kept it quiet all this time?
How can they keep it quiet for thousands of years?
Do they have a choice in the matter?
On the Day Of Declaration, how will my life change? How will everyone's life change?
What will raising our consciences and awareness REALLY do?

Everyone just thinks it's a matter of knowing or not and that the day after of proof their lives will be the same. How wrong they are.

There's still a few things that need to be accomplished before disclosure can be taken, but it will happen soon, but remember, ignorance is bliss and I'll bet my life most of you will want to go back to the day before disclosure, when your personal and spiritual responsibilities and now commitments weren't so high and the day after disclosure when we find out the real puzzle, that they aren't ETs from other planets.

Many speak of enlightenment and the raising of our consciences and can't wait for the day to embrace it all, yet few really know what that all entails.

Yes, forced tunnel vision is bondage, yet the false truth that people will embrace will be worse. The reality is to wait for the dawning, not the night that proceeds it nor the fog that engulfs it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just popping in to see if anyone has any news. I must agree with an early post about the PDR website. If that is not one of the most unprofessional things I have ever seen.
It is hard to take them at all seriously when you take a good look at the site.

I remain ever hopeful for some disclosure. Is Italy a G7?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There will be no disclosure this year. There will Never be a disclosure about ET's, simply because there is nothing to disclose. There is NOT a conspiracy of the US government. So move on with your lives.

However if you are looking for ET's then check the discoveries that are made by NASA, ESA or in the scientific community. They wille be the first one who will find ET's.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
is this something like Doomsday Clock or Y2K thing??? LOL...sorry but there isnt any disclosure at the moment..and its not going to be in a good time (a few hundred years)...

I Love ATS people for hoaxing and promoting stuff that aint gonna happen any day soon!

[edit on 1-6-2009 by AlexDJ]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seraphilim
reply to post by Xtraeme

Correct me if I'm wrong, but here is my interpretation of Bassett's statement.

If it (The Obama Administration) does not disclose, by the end of ... May. This is not a threat. It's just a statement. You don't threaten the United States government they're heavily armed. But first hundred days (April 29th, Obama's 100th day in office) plus 30 (April 29th plus 30 days = May 29th), because I have to admit this gentleman (President Obama) came in to a rather extensive array of very profound problems. So we’re providing an additional 30 days (beyond the first 100 days in office or May 29th give or take).

So I believe the timer has indeed expired in regards to this particular timeline. If there is any truth to what Mr. Bassett has said, we are now waiting on PRG and/or another foreign country to disclose what it knows.

Tick Tock goes the unending clock.

The way he said it made me assume the beginning of June, though technically yes May 29th was the correct deadline. The question is what he'll do after the deadline expires (if you actually care - email him). I suspect most of what will happen will occur behind closed doors. Bassett will probably start to contact his political friends with letters like this one:

Open letter to the
Honorable Hillary Clinton
United States Senate
Washington, DC

April 30, 2008

Dear Senator Clinton:

In March 1993 billionaire Laurance Rockefeller initiated an extraordinary approach to your husband’s administration via the Office of Science and Technology Policy headed by Dr. John Gibbons. A memorandum from Mr. Rockefeller’s attorney Henry Diamond dated March 29, 1993 conveyed a request to meet with Gibbons “to discuss the potential availability of government information about unidentified flying objects and extraterrestrial life.” Rockefeller, a friend and supporter of you and your husband, wanted to meet with the President and inform him “there is a belief in many quarters that the government has long held classified information regarding UFOs which has not been released and that the failure to do so has brought about unnecessary suspicion and distrust,” and that “Many believe that the release of such information on a basis consistent with national security would be a significant gesture which would increase confidence in government.”

Thus began a three-year effort by a notable American to convince your husband to essentially be the “Disclosure President” and end a then 46-year truth embargo on providing the full facts to the American people regarding an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race. This effort, which included meetings, reports, briefings, a book, draft letters to the President and more, came to be known as the Rockefeller Initiative. You were aware of this initiative from the beginning as was a key advisor to the President, John Podesta. You and your husband met with Rockefeller at his Wyoming ranch in August of 1995. Your husband tasked a close friend, Associate Attorney General Webster Hubbell, to look into the UFO issue at the Department of Justice and elsewhere. He tasked John Podesta, his eventual Chief of Staff, to reform and accelerate the document declassification process. You were kept informed of the ongoing initiative and helped draft a letter from Rockefeller to the President. It is notable that John Podesta, the founder and now CEO of the Center for American Progress, in 2002 and 2003 called for the release to the public of all UFO and related documents in government files. In 2004 Governor Bill Richardson, UN Ambassador and Secretary of Energy during your husband’s administration, made a similar request for documents pertaining to the events in Roswell, New Mexico during July of 1947.

These facts are known from news articles, public records and, most importantly, from nearly 1000 pages of correspondence and documents obtained by researcher Grant Cameron from the Office of Science and Technology Policy via the Freedom of Information Act. Additional relevant documents are expected to be released soon from the Clinton Presidential Library.

I imagine he'll also put together press dockets, that will be less friendly and more incendiary (read: swift boating). Those who assume that news will start pouring out on this magic date are kidding themselves. Stephen's comment was a notice of intent. It wasn't him stating, "I'm going to drop an atomic UFO bomb at this day and time."

I find it odd that I'm the only one reading between the lines like this. Though I suppose it does make sense in some ways. Everyone in this thread seems to think they're deserved "disclosure" and that it's not something that we have to work towards. I wonder how many amongst you have even written your Congressmen asking for open hearings on the UFO subject?

I'd wager less than 10% (and that's probably a high number). Try to bring about some form of positive change rather than mocking the efforts of those who are at least attempting to do something about it.

Disappointed.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What's most unfortunate is that when "disclosure" happens, it will actually be the single most monumental lie ever told. I personally believe I know how this will all play out and it fits very nicely with my spiritual beliefs. Therefore my world will not shatter when this happens, it will only solidify what I knew all along.

Aliens from another planet? I think not, just a 21st century wolf in sheeps clothing.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seraphilim
What's most unfortunate is that when "disclosure" happens, it will actually be the single most monumental lie ever told. I personally believe I know how this will all play out and it fits very nicely with my spiritual beliefs. Therefore my world will not shatter when this happens, it will only solidify what I knew all along.

Aliens from another planet? I think not, just a 21st century wolf in sheeps clothing.

See you perceive disclosure as "disclosure of aliens." I see disclosure as "disclosure that there are unknowns visually observed in the sky that we don't yet understand." While it's always nice to know people's biases up front (thanks for sharing yours). The more I read about this subject the more I realize the only thing to disclose is that there's a problem that needs to be studied by scientists.

I'd be suspect of anyone who tells me we're 100% sure we were dealing with alien intelligence. UFOs very likely represent many things, including new atmospheric / astronomic phenomena, macro-scale quantum manifestations, possibly "visitors," and maybe even proof of transcendent entities.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Good point. I mean when the MOD released the british files recently, there were no smoking bombs. Maybe areas that needed more investigation.
Surely the US disclosure would prove the same.

still would be interesting to see what they have.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
Try to bring about some form of positive change rather than mocking the efforts of those who are at least attempting to do something about it.

Hello Xtraeme,

When myself and others mock Bassett, Greer, and the similar types in the ufo community, we do it for good reason. Being that these people are nothing more than charlatans, and their public attempts are doing anything but damage to the goal of some possible disclosure and this subject taken more seriously.

They are a burden, they have their own cult, and most of us who have a real interest in this subject and want it taken seriously know that these types need to be fought, or else they'll make things even worse than they already are. This is the sad truth.

Time and time again we've heard charlatans like Greer, Bassett and the ilk make 'claims'. And their claims and promises have all been a lie, or at best, a complete and utter failure (see; Disclosure Project). Personally, I feel a strong need to fight these types, I just hope you understand me.

Regards,

[edit on 1/6/09 by Majorion]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Subject X, first I'd like to say thank you for writing a well thought out post.

Originally posted by subject x
I listened to that episode when it was broadcast. That's the same episode in which Bassett stated that credibility is not an issue in the UFO field. That's the kind of soft thinking that gets all UFO researchers lumped into the same category of nuts and whack-os.

If not for credibility, what have you got in the area of UFOs? A lot of "suggestive" evidence that won't prove anything.

I agree. Credibility is a big issue. However I also understood what Stephen was driving at. He didn't convey the thought in the clearest manner possible, but if I were to summarize I think he was trying to express,

"We don't know what the truth is! We don't know if people have actually been abducted, we don't know if there are contactees, but we do know something's going on. To claim all these people are crazy is to claim any one of us knows the truth. The fact is we don't know! Not a one of us. That's why the government is the enemy for making UFOs a subject of ridicule! That's why any person that's willing to take a stand against the government is a friend fighting for the same cause."

That's a pretty compelling message. Stephen is only assuming one thing. He's assuming the US government has a downed craft from Roswell. That's his only assumption and based off that he see's the military and the United States government as the enemy.

I don't even make that assumption. That's why I'm banging the drum saying, "at least investigate!"

Bassett's just playing a numbers game, in which he believes that with enough people yelling for disclosure, the government will cave and "disclose" all. This, as we all know, ain't gonna happen. The government cares not one whit about what the public thinks, as has been demonstrated repeatedly for as long as I can remember. They care not about how many people scream for disclosure, they will just go about their business as usual.

I agree. The absolute best outcome any of us could hope for is another "Blue Book" with a bigger staff, more than one scientific consultant, and lots of field equipment to make a real go at studying these things.

Whether or not the government even has anything to disclose is, of course, an entirely different debate.

It all comes down to Grand foul-up vs Conspiracy cover-up.

I just can't imagine the government keeping a lid on something like this, for this long (and they haven't just look at all the FOIA documentation that's in the public domain!). Having read Ruppelt's book, Quintanilla's draft, Hynek's manuscripts, Dr. McDonald's biography (four men very in the know), it really does sound like a huge mess that was largely the product of bias reinforcement.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Disclosure is going to come from the skies! A lot of people dont believe what the government says most of the time anyway, why would/should we believe them now?? If you want to know what is going on, take a look for yourself up in these skies, cloudy or not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join