It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im from china, open to talk about politics, military, economics, human rights etc...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by USamf
reply to post by nomadTG

You don't know how much I wish our country could be like that. I envy that part of your country, you don't want a war, just mutual relationships with benefits.

I would like to hear more about that theory that China will be the Economic producer and the United States will be the Military powerhouse. Now that I think about it, that would be a good relationship.

Yes We don't want a war, we never wanted it. we just wonna open our shops and do biz. whether u r good or bad, that's your biz, we don't care.

Some body may take taiwan/tibet as an argument, but i think we all should be realistic, US didn't exist 300 years ago, what u have to say about that, as the two places are already part of china, you don't need to post something like "free tibet", that's meaningless for normal people, just a game between Govts, if u guys have time, i suggest u care more about your family, and let they others to solve their own problems. this world is full of problems, and u r not the one to save the world. I guess most of u are tired of paying world policing.

I know many US citizens may think they're saving this world from dictators. but come on guys. look at Iraq, look at afghanistan, look at Vietnam, do they really need your "help"? saddam might be a dictator, but i don't think he would kill 1 million iraqis and leave another 2 million homeless and the whole nation in chaos. Right now i worry a lot about Pakistan. they don't really have serious terrorism problems before US-Afghanistan war

there is no absolute demoracy, do u really have one?! why would u want everyone to take your concept as a bible. there is a not of people out there who don't believe in god! why do u want them to be your copy!

just think about one question. would china issue a war against US in the first place, I don't think a lot of people agree. so why are we a threat to u guys
this planet is too precious. we have experienced too much misery, and we'll do anything we can to avoid a war. if human kind ever need to shoot some thing like a nuke missile. I deeply hope the only target is out side this planet.

As for the theory, not many people acknowledge it and it's still just in some one's mind. i hope for further discuss of course.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by nomadTG]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by USamf
What do the Chinese think about the Russians? I know you are good economic partners, but do people view them as friendly, or a snake in the grass as they have been known to be?

There is no friend forever , only interests. study some history, u will see a lot of wars between china and Russia in the past. Mongolia is actually is part of china when KMT ruled this country in early 20th century, it was the russions took them away!

China&Russion teams up only coz we need each other. US strech hand to their backyard, US lock China within the "first Island chain" , that's why we team up today. cause we all face US intervention

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hi nomad,

You are great.

Actually, I am in Futian, and I have been thinking of an ATS fans group or emergency survival group or disaster watch group here in Shenzhen. U know, as friends, talk & drinks, or discuss about econ, crisis, wars, survival skill, equipments, preparations, training, accident & disaster etc.

By the way, what do u think of 2012 related issues? What is your interest here at ATS?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
hello nomad. thanks for your candor.

i am just a little curious about the UFO question. you mention that most people view it as a 'trick'. in what context do you mean? in what way? disinformation / propaganda? wishful thinking? illusion?

it is becoming hard to ignore at this point.

are people discouraged from reporting UFO activity? is there a database or movement for gathering such info? and does the state / party have an official stance on the issue / question of UFO? (sure most of them probably are spy planes, or cases of misidentification, but certainly not all.)

please clarify. i know it isn't mentioned in your opening statement, but it is an important issue... here on ATS anyway. many people believe or feel that such an issue coming to light would have global ramifications.

oh, one more... what is the drug culture like over there? everyone knows about our dirty little habits. where does china fit into the great 'drug war', and what sort of role do narcotics play in the economy?

please give us an example of the type of punishment for getting caught with small or large amounts of narcotics. we hear all sorts of rumors....

edit to say: thanks again.

[edit on 1/6/2009 by gravykraken]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
reply to post by nomadTG

Thank you for answering my questions, I have some clarifications to request of you.

The Govt plans to built ShangHai as the next world financial center other than hongkong in 2020, i think this is to conduct the mission to push RMB as a reserve currency, later we'll see more and more countries buy chinese products with RMB.

It was my understanding that the Chinese government was hesitant to move the RMB towards a fully operable global currency.

I know they are in currency swap agreements with trade partner nations, but I thought that is where they were keeping it.

This is interesting information.

IF the Chinese government continues to dump US currency, that will lower the value of their remaining holdings drastically.

Do you know if they are prepared to take a loss on this, or do you think they will try to salvage the dollar to maintain the value of their holdings?

Well I don't think they're hesitant, we're doomed to lose. they're just extending the buffer to make it eaiser for both of us(buy more time for both sides to adjust) , if you think they could finish the process in 5 years, they may take 10-15 years to finish it in order to avoid firece confrontation and china needs that time to change the economic model and give people more purchasing power.

2. I have seen in global statistics that China (and alot of eastern asian countries) have an overall higher Average IQ than the rest of the world.

How do the Chinese view Intelligence as compared to Personality, Charisma, and Popularity?

I can not make comment on this kind of theory, cause there is no solid evidence to prove that, but I do think chinese are over controled that limit our free thinking.

My apologies, I was regarding the Average intelligence levels by nation as indicated by this study:

en.wikipedia.org...

And my information on that regard was merely a primer for my actual question of:

How do the Chinese view Intelligence?

Indifference?

Acceptance?

Necessity?

Hostility?

etc...

I ask, because there is a Push in the US media towards lowering intelligence, by portraying it as undesirable, and useless.

Is this the case in china also?

Sorry I misunderstood you!

Chinese think if one is successful, 30% percent is decided by IQ and the other 70% decided by EQ. Personal relationship is very important especially when u deal with officials.

we're not alone in this society. No one will give opportunity to those who don't have good interpersonal skills.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadTG

...as for studying chinese, I don't think it's quite necessary as many people speak english in china.

The Chinese can understand and be understood by English speaking nationals but it is not necessary for this to be reciprocated? Sounds dangerous to me.

Please advise; I have always understood that the Chinese languages' word for 'foreigner' is the same as the word for devil. Is this true?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CONTACT
Hi nomad,

You are great.

Actually, I am in Futian, and I have been thinking of an ATS fans group or emergency survival group or disaster watch group here in Shenzhen. U know, as friends, talk & drinks, or discuss about econ, crisis, wars, survival skill, equipments, preparations, training, accident & disaster etc.

Hello CONTACT, great to know you're still in shenzhen, and I like your suggestion for the ATS fans group.

By the way, what do u think of 2012 related issues? What is your interest here at ATS?

I don't actually take this seriously, may be i need u guys to educate me more

My interest here:

1: Im a fan of politics/military (doesn't mean I agree with the Eutopia the CCP are holding it), and I don't believe the domestic source, so im here to get other perspectives, and info source to help my thinking

2: Let more people know what china is really like and how lovely normal chinese really are. I don't like the party, but i like this country and i like people around.

3:I find many people on this site talking about war with china(most of them from US), that's dangerous for both of us, We may have more risks if we have much misunderstanding, and I'd like to make some effort on mutual understanding

P.S : to reply your questions about my background

I went to college in china and have been abroad for several times( all short-term biz trip)

I live in china since I was born ( sorry for covering up the age now
)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot

Originally posted by nomadTG

...as for studying chinese, I don't think it's quite necessary as many people speak english in china.

The Chinese can understand and be understood by English speaking nationals but it is not necessary for this to be reciprocated? Sounds dangerous to me.
[/quote

Sorry, I may cause some misunderstanding. let me clarify

it's just a suggestion, no motives. Chinese are actually happy and proud if more people speak chinese. u may know a canadian with chinese name "Da Shan". he is a star here as for my understanding that's just because he speaks fluent chinese.

Please advise; I have always understood that the Chinese languages' word for 'foreigner' is the same as the word for devil. Is this true?

Yes , for most of the westerners, chinese is a alien language to them. A lot of people study English here. so we're in different situation, u don't have the same environment there to study Chinese like we have here to study English. so I suggest u to come to china. I hope i can help more specifically if u really come to china

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravykraken
hello nomad. thanks for your candor.

i am just a little curious about the UFO question. you mention that most people view it as a 'trick'. in what context do you mean? in what way? disinformation / propaganda? wishful thinking? illusion?

it is becoming hard to ignore at this point.

I think it's more like wishful thinking

are people discouraged from reporting UFO activity? is there a database or movement for gathering such info? and does the state / party have an official stance on the issue / question of UFO? (sure most of them probably are spy planes, or cases of misidentification, but certainly not all.)

No one discourage reports realted to UFO

As far as I know, no official info gathering on this regard

some people( non-official) are looking into these activities. we have some UFO incidents in china lately , but all turns out to be natural activity, meteorology

oh, one more... what is the drug culture like over there? everyone knows about our dirty little habits. where does china fit into the great 'drug war', and what sort of role do narcotics play in the economy?

please give us an example of the type of punishment for getting caught with small or large amounts of narcotics. we hear all sorts of rumors....

Yes we seriously crackdown drug related crimes.

just a clue for u: people mainly reponsible for heroin dealing more than 50g face dealth penalty

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadTG

thanks for your prompt reply.

i'm sure we are keeping you busy.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
NEW QUESTION!!

Does china offer its own citizens public tours of its pyramids or does it just deny the existence of the number of pyramids you guys have over there?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
NEW QUESTION!!

Does china offer its own citizens public tours of its pyramids or does it just deny the existence of the number of pyramids you guys have over there?

There are a lot of things happening in China everyday, I admit that I never heard about it. Pls tell me where & when did it found. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
NEW QUESTION!!

Pyramids are not widely reported here and seems people don't care about such things! Just focus on how to make money

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
hello normad

i have a question about falun gong or falun dafa as it's also called, i have some friends that traveled to china last year and they heard alot about the governement goign down heavy on this movement,
they told me some scarry stories ( not sure i belive them all) police "selling " falun gong organs to the hospitals and torturing the people who practice this type of qigong, is there any truth to the stories or is it just pure propaganda?
by the way, there is also alot of youtube vids out there that shows foringers denied entrance to china if they are followers of falun gong

thanks for an interesting thread

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalomar
hello normad

i have a question about falun gong or falun dafa as it's also called, i have some friends that traveled to china last year and they heard alot about the governement goign down heavy on this movement,
they told me some scarry stories ( not sure i belive them all) police "selling " falun gong organs to the hospitals and torturing the people who practice this type of qigong, is there any truth to the stories or is it just pure propaganda?

People always distort the fact to prove they're better,'

it's kind of funny that today's western world see china just as china thought about the west in the 70th before the opening policy. distortation!

CCP crackdown Falung gong here. all materials are blocked but CCP doesn't torture people who practice, just constraint a few learders of this gang(i do think them this way)

To understand this, u need to know what Falun gong really is. as it's blocked in china, the majority don't have access the materials, I happened to download some videos and documents made by them 2 years ago.

Their propaganda is anti-CCP, and Falun gong itself is nonsense and u may find it ridiculous!

I agree with some of their propaganda against CCP, coz they're telling some truth, but i cannot agree with falun gong itself, it's not a religion! the ask people to burn themselves to protest CCP policy! is this humanitarianism?! no! it's much more nasty than CCP!

In china, u can almost do anything u do in the whole world as long as u don't challenge CCP, if u do that in china , u 'r doomed!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadTG

Do you have any reason to dislike the CCP?

Is the CCP monitoring every communication you make with us?

What hours do you work at your job? I mean do you work 5 to 9 or from 12 am to 8 am.... that sort of thing?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
thanks for the quick repley

i havent reschearced the falun gong alot, i acutally thought it was just another "branch" of qigong, but both of my friends where really beliving all the storyes the got told( selling organs does sound abit farr fetched), nice to get another side of the story !

hope you have great day

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Thank you for posting here and sharing your perspective.

I had a question about Japan.

You said,

you'll know how much the chinese hate japan if u come to china, our generation even have a more hostile attitude against japan than the previous generation may be coz it's eaiser for people to access infos about the invasion and slaughter as internet become pop.

Could you please help me understand this dynamic more? I've always thought of China and Japan as two separate countries with different cultures (though some stereotype and merge the two). So, I respect your unique history and culture.

Still, I do not understand why China would still hate Japan. I can understand how you are learning more about your past and the war crimes, and you feel anger about those atrocities. Those feeling are to be expected.

But why continue to hate?

Maybe I'm over simplifying (so forgive me if I make a poor comparison), but I do not hate the German people because of what the Nazis/Hitler did. I never hated the Russian people during the cold war.

Could you help me understand the negative feelings between China and Japan and if these feelings are held by a majority of the population or just your generation.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravykraken
hello nomad. ...about the UFO question. you mention that most people view it as a 'trick'. ...in what way?...
are people discouraged from reporting UFO activity? is there a database or movement for gathering such info? and does the state / party have an official stance on the issue / question of UFO? (sure most of them probably are spy planes, or cases of misidentification, but certainly not all.) ...
oh, one more... what is the drug culture like over there? everyone knows about our dirty little habits. where does china fit into the great 'drug war', and what sort of role do narcotics play in the economy? ...
[edit on 1/6/2009 by gravykraken]

Well, nomad have already said that he is a realist. So if u guys don't mind, I can add something here as a Hong Kong UFO club member for more than 10 years. I believes :

-- about "trick", most population here don't have time/knowledge/insight to take UFO very seriously.

-- there are hundreds if not thousands of UFO club here in China, they are legal, China govt likes people report UFO incidents. China govt is different from USA govt, China govt don't know as much about aliens & UFO, but China govt wants those technology, so, they encourage UFO club. And like HK UFO club, they gather info for the China govt. But when they got the case & materials involved, they just make something up eg. natural occurs, weather, rockets test etc.. People normally don't have the knowledge and ways to tell the truth.

-- about drugs, I knew a friend, a girl who was once caught when smoking drugs with some friends in a Karaoke room, she was imprisoned inside a prison like building without a trial, then she is "free to choose" between a real prison 1500 miles from the city she lives for years or having sex with all of them & they will "allow" her to makes phone calls to every friends & relatives she have to ask for money to help while they share those money half half. U know what, she

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
(continue)

was out of that prison like building after 2 months and she said that she was very lucky. From what I know, she was!

-- what drug is with econ? Well, other than normal issues, one thing seldomly talk about is : China girl cannot move out of China easily(they have to apply for at least 7 years even after marriage), and according to the dept of statistic published in HK on 3 May 99, there was about 520,000 new babies in China that belongs to HK men unmarried, so HK men who have girlfriend that not yet have baby or wife in China should at least X10 the number, then if also counted Taiwan men...well, too long to type, sorry, anyway, money given to those girls are more than anyone think. The point is, I have reasons to believe that A LOT of girls in China were drugged on purpose; and u know who really control the drugs & the gangs?

And pls don't get me wrong, I was hoping China to improve, China govt have to face & pay attention to the problems first before things can be changed. I think this is what Chinese or anyone loved China should do, like the USA citizens scolding what their own govt did wrong, they hope for improvement.

The same suituation apply to USA saying or pushing pressure on China too. nomadTG, don't get me wrong, I agree with u about nearly everything u said here, but I have to say something about what u said " if u guys have time, i suggest u care more about your family, and let they others to solve their own problems. this world is full of problems, and u r not the one to save the world. I guess most of u are tired of paying world policing.".
Well, I have my first university degree on Asia Politics in Australia. I believed that if USA never push around to other countries'issues, me & you will probably never know the existence of this ATS forum website, and South Korea will now have millions of people starveling, and there might not be a China after World War II (we are probably speaking Japanese now).... actually I believe that a lot of freedom that we are enjoying now here in China was actually becuase USA. Think about it, China help North Korea because they were the same and walk the same path, the main reason why China is now not like North Korea is not because CCP (China govt) listen to their citizens who have no guns in their hands (eg. 4 Jun incident), so why? Let me tell u what I know, believe it or not : without USA, there will be no HK & Taiwan, without HK & Taiwan, China has already bankrupted way before 1999, it was HK & Taiwan's factories(money, managers, experience, investments...) that kept China becoming North Korea in the 90's ...

By the way, nomadTG, may I ask u why u use the word "still", when you said "Hello CONTACT, great to know you're still in shenzhen" ?
Do I know you before? Because I really would like to have a friend like u. My e-mail : [email protected]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join