It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im from china, open to talk about politics, military, economics, human rights etc...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadTG

What class would you identify yourself with? Are you wealthy, poor or somewhere in the middle?

Are you allowed to visit myspace.com? If so, please have thorough review of my page www.myspace.com/woodstockdan

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomadTG
Yes jimmyx, Im in shenzhen China( near HK or u can say connected to HK) known as one of the miracle cities built from the gound in just 30 years. as for studying chinese, I don't

Welcome to ATS. I have alot of warmth for China, I think I was Chinese in at least one past life, possibly a leader. So what I think is that in North America it is hard for us to see, that if 10% of americans walked on Washington, that is 30 million people. Here in Canada it is only 3 million people.

However if 10% of the population in China walked on Beijing, then you have 145 million people. It is hard to control 145 million, lets along 30% of your population, so the government must try to keep tighter control because a small move in the wrong direction can be very dangerous in holding power.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
What can you tell us with regards to current conspiracy theories, what the Chinease see as being "their" biggest one?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodstockdan
reply to post by nomadTG

What class would you identify yourself with? Are you wealthy, poor or somewhere in the middle?

Are you allowed to visit myspace.com? If so, please have thorough review of my page www.myspace.com/woodstockdan

Well, given the average annual income 3,000USD and very high Gini index which is around 0.51 in 2008, I cannot say im poor, but wealthy man don't surf on internet a lot here

I can access www.myspace.com/woodstockdan , you're a very sincere man.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by nomadTG]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulOrb

Yes jimmyx, Im in shenzhen China( near HK or u can say connected to HK) known as one of the miracle cities built from the gound in just 30 years. as for studying chinese, I don't

Welcome to ATS. I have alot of warmth for China, I think I was Chinese in at least one past life, possibly a leader. So what I think is that in North America it is hard for us to see, that if 10% of americans walked on Washington, that is 30 million people. Here in Canada it is only 3 million people.

However if 10% of the population in China walked on Beijing, then you have 145 million people. It is hard to control 145 million, lets along 30% of your population, so the government must try to keep tighter control because a small move in the wrong direction can be very dangerous in holding power.

Believe me, you don't wonna be the leader for this country, there's a lot going on every day, there is nothing to enjoy to be the leader!

I guess you're maoist

[edit on 1-6-2009 by nomadTG]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
What can you tell us with regards to current conspiracy theories, what the Chinease see as being "their" biggest one?

First of all, I wonna clarify again: Im a realist.

Im not really into the conspiracy theories. the world is controled by powerful organizations and big companies. here in china CCP is the big company, the most profitable company,

They control media to control free will and strengthen governing.

They Control oil supply, real estate etc... to compress the middle class, inflation to steal from it's citizens.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by nomadTG]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulOrb

Yes jimmyx, ....

Welcome.....However if 10% of the population in China walked on Beijing, then you have 145 million people. It is hard to control 145 million, lets along 30% of your population, so the government must try to keep tighter control because a small move in the wrong direction can be very dangerous in holding power.

So, are u saying a bigger university with more students must "keep tighter control" than a smaller university? And so, highschool? Cities? family?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CONTACT

by all means!

thanks for your input. varying perspectives are much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
Nomad,

Explain to my why Taiwan is so fearful of joining Mainland China? I am not clear on the relationship. I understand Chiang Kai Shek exiled himself and his government there when Mao took over, but why the fearfulness on the part of Taiwan?

I mean HK transitioned rather smoothly into Mainland China and wouldn't that be the same course of action used by the government today? I've been to Hong Kong about seven years ago and too me it looked as it did when the British controlled Hong Kong. The people generally appeared happy and content.

I know this is a touchy issue for you and your countrymen what is your governments view on it and how to make the transition seamless and peaceful. It is only matter of time before Taiwan becomes part of China.

I understand why noone tells u before -- because that could be very long.
Well, let me put it this way -

A long time ago in a galaxy far,
far away....

CCP
KMT

There was once a good looking girl called CCP who has a bigger brother called KMT who represented the family, when their parents were attacked by a mad dog called Jap, KMT fight it with all he had got while CCP helps a little but telling their parents that she was the major fighting force.

So, later, KMT hurted badly but won the war and the mad dog have to leave its weapons at the north-east. KMT went to the south to sign agreement to ask for compensation & to take over everything left from mad dog (which including those weapons at the north-east), but CCP betray family by agreed to give up all compensation from Jap but just to let CCP to have those weapons in return (that's why for so many years, so many Chinese people sued Jap for compensation were all lost on court).
CCP used those weapon to fight KMT who has already hurt badly before. So, KMT losed and was forced to left the family. CCP was not happy because she can't kill KMT, so she grasped their little brother called HK and pasted a C4 bomb to HK's body and dress him up beautifully to cover the bomb, then make him dancing outdoor to let everyone (especially KMT) to see as bait ....

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker

First of all, I wonna clarify again: Im a realist.

Im not really into the conspiracy theories. the world is controled by powerful organizations and big companies. here in china CCP is the big company, the most profitable company,

They control media to control free will and strengthen governing.

They Control oil supply, real estate etc... to compress the middle class, inflation to steal from it's citizens.

nice. 'realists' over here do not seem to grasp these concepts as even a remote possibilty. whereas you have accepted it as the way things are. its not theory for you. amazing.

over there it is overt, in your face. here it is little more covert, hidden.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Excellent, informed and intelligent response.

What kind of sources do you rely on to form these kind of judgments - are these issues portrayed in this fashion on your media - or are the opinions you presented in contrast to what you see on the media?

You'll never see official statement like this, of course the media report these issues but basically no comment( just tell the story or very diplomatic statement), observe what the govs really do then you will come up with such conclusion!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CONTACT

There was once a good looking girl called CCP who has a bigger brother called KMT who represented the family, when their parents were attacked by a mad dog called Jap, KMT fight it with all he had got while CCP helps a little but telling their parents that she was the major fighting force.

So, later, KMT hurted badly but won the war and the mad dog have to leave its weapons at the north-east. KMT went to the south to sign agreement to ask for compensation & to take over everything left from mad dog (which including those weapons at the north-east), but CCP betray family by agreed to give up all compensation from Jap but just to let CCP to have those weapons in return (that's why for so many years, so many Chinese people sued Jap for compensation were all lost on court).
CCP used those weapon to fight KMT who has already hurt badly before. So, KMT losed and was forced to left the family. CCP was not happy because she can't kill KMT, so she grasped their little brother called HK and pasted a C4 bomb to HK's body and dress him up beautifully to cover the bomb, then make him dancing outdoor to let everyone (especially KMT) to see as bait ....

Hi CONTACT, Thanks for showing me another side of the story, these info are very sensitive, I appreciate if you can provide some more materials for me,

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CONTACT

you would better do some more research or study further before you narrate such story.. where do you get this kind of history explaination?

i just want to clarify two points. 1) the reason for KMT's losing control of chinese mainland is due to its lack of supports of ppl in general while CCP won the love of ppl..2) HongKong's prosperity is the promise that CCP commited during the negotiaion of its return, so it has nothing to do with whatlike dancing girl or bait since HK and Taiwan are totally different issues..

Deny ignorance pls.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.I am from Canada and have always been deeply moved by Chinas incredible history.

I would like to give you one canadians view of things.America is a hostile nation when its values are threatened,it is a Nation which has given the world some incredibly important gifts in terms of free will,free speech,and freedom of expression in every way,however the country is corrupted by money and power like all countries of the world so above and beyond the usual corruption such a young nation has achieved incredible things.They are a good neighbor.They encountered conflict during their childhood as a nation but they get full marks because they are still only pre-teens compared to other world superpowers yet they are so mature in other areas of their humanitarian developement.However big guns are only big guns,they make you feel safe but you might want to ask Custers troops if guns are the only thing that can kill you.America heralded the nuke age and they must now see it out as history leaves it behind.The gunslinger days are over and it is time to begin the big cleanup America must do to survive,I mean cleaning up the babyboomers mess that they are leaving behind.Democracy is safe forever the Duke can go to sleep now,the world has adopted the western way but now its time to change again,no one likes a bully even if they are doing good things when they arent busy doing bad things.Did I mention that we Have a lot of room here in Canada and everyone in America is welcome here,we are like kissing cousins anways.Please just leave your guns and grenades at the border.

China,is also a hostile nation when its values are threatened,china has a long history compared to the US so it is hard to compare the two in terms of contribution vs age or maturity level.But I will say that China has given the world gifts that are so highly numbered that I wont offer any comparison at all,however I must add that it took thousands of years to give those gifts and it has been a very long time since china has contributed what would be considered its fair share to the present day world.China has in fact done what Russia did and will end up in a social political state of restructure soon unless they change right now,but they cant change right now simply because chinas growth patterns always contain a healthy dose of warfare and aquisition of resources.The world will not accept the type of growth that china needs experience to become the future world power it wishes to aspire to be.Never again,because the world as a whole now condems the type of war largely populated powerful countries need to wage to survive.So China MUST CHANGE NOW and adopt a more current global perspective and possible stop referring to democracy as being American and study a little history,if anything blame democracy on the romans if you need to blame the path to humanities future on someone.On that note so I dont offend anyone, china needs to become a lot more like the ROMANS or they wont survive to become the great leader they wish to be.Making excuses for atrocities committed against your people by pointing out that someone else previously made the same error is actually admitting weakness and inability to learn and I will say that for a country with a history as long proud and decorated as Chinas is It is disappointing to hear these things.The only way china can CATCH UP ON ALL OF THE PROGRESS IT HAS LOST GROUND ON WITH THE OTHER SUPERPOWERS IS TO CHANGE THE WAY IT VIEWS ITSELF AND TO START TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE LAST HUNDRED OR SO YEARS,PULL UP ITS PANTS,START TO MAKE FRIENDS INSTEAD OF ALLYS AND ACCEPT THAT THE WORLD WILL NOT ALLOW ANOTHER WAR SO THE COUNTRIES GROWTH WILL HAVE TO BE SUPPORTED THROUGH FRIENDSHIPS .Political differences aside, as a canadian I can tell you that everyone can count numbers so we are all aware of the population dynamics of our planet and this means we are all aware of the reasons certain nations have proliferated nuclear weapons.Numbers dont count when you drop a nuke.The nuclear age changed Chinas path forever,it had nothing to do with Democracy or Communism.Had china aquired nukes first we would all be learning mandarin,thats just reality.With Global proliferation of weapons of mass destruction chinas ability to move forward with proper growth and living conditions for its people ended forever because nothing can ever be gained through war again without destroying the planet.The only thing left is to become Canadian and we have room for everyone,we love the world and as long as you leave your guns and swords at the border you are welcome here any time.

And by the way I have been trying to learn as much Mandarin as I can the last four years,it is fun to learn and even funner to say hello to people who TRULY DONT EXPECT A WHITE MAN TO KNOW THEIR LANGUAGE WHEN IT IS REALLY ME WHO IS SURPRISED THAT SO MANY CHINEESE KNOW MY LANGUAGE.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hi nomadTG,
nice thread.

I have a question for you. Firstly, I want to say that I'm a Chinese-Indonesian(印尼华人) and I assume that you know about Chinese-Indonesian history.

What do you think the perspective about Chinese-Indonesian from Chinese in China point of view?

And also how about your opinion about Chinese-Indonesian? You may express in any matter.

thanks in advance.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by spystalker]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wwssii
reply to post by CONTACT

you would better do some more research or study further before you narrate such story.. where do you get this kind of history explaination?

i just want to clarify two points. 1) the reason for KMT's losing control of chinese mainland is due to its lack of supports of ppl in general while CCP won the love of ppl..2) HongKong's prosperity is the promise that CCP commited during the negotiaion of its return, so it has nothing to do with whatlike dancing girl or bait since HK and Taiwan are totally different issues..

Deny ignorance pls.

"research or study" on recent China history is for foreigner who was not born & rised & studied & worked here with parents & relatives all went through all those shxt. In addition, I was once enrolled for a short period into a university in Taipei(capital of Taiwan), before that, I studied for 2 years in a college fully funded & owned by Taiwan govt in HK, and I have hundreds of classmates in Taiwan. And I had company in both HK & Mainland China.

I am not saying you were wrong, in fact, you are right in some extend, but I was talking about main points only. Think about it : it was WWII period while two party at war, "supports of ppl" for Communist (which based on complete lies) was stronger only from poor farmers who have no money & weapons & no brain, can this compare to hundred thousands of advanced weapons from Japan?? Those were weapons with quality & quantity prepaired for Japan soldiers to conquer the whole China!!! Also, KMT was the main force to defense China from Japan for EIGHT YEARS in WWII! Do u think they don't have the support of major population? Well, they were not prefect of course, they had some corruption of course, but still, they were heros.

About your second point, "negotiaion"!? "promise from CCP"!? U've got to be joking me. If China ever wanted "prosperity" for HK, they would let HK people one vote each person to selecte our HK governer & councilor & legislator 12 years ago. Anyone in HK who knows ecomomics & politics knows that HK is dying inside since 1997.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Hi CONTACT, Thanks for showing me another side of the story, these info are very sensitive, I appreciate if you can provide some more materials for me,

e-mail me or call my mobile or just come out & have drinks together.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

e-mail me or call my mobile or just come out & have drinks together.

Very good description of the relationship between the KMT and the CCP and how the relationship soured over time. I sometimes wonder how China would be if the two warring factions could get along and put their ideals aside and rebuild China after the war.

You know a China first mentality. Lets put our heads together and collaborate to insure we are doing what is best for China, regardless of politically leanings. Anyway, we will never know.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CONTACT

Also, KMT was the main force to defense China from Japan for EIGHT YEARS in WWII! Do u think they don't have the support of major population? Well, they were not prefect of course, they had some corruption of course, but still, they were heros.

I thought I'll just budge in for a moment to put things in the proper perspective.

KMT under Chang Kai Shek was more interested in fighting the CCP than defending against the Japanese. He had to be kidnapped by his own generals in order to be persuaded to join forces with the CCP, in a united front against the Japanese.

KMT was corrupted to the core. The Japanese created friendly puppet governments to look after their interests and one of these was headed by KMT premier Wang Jingwei. That says so much for the KMT and their morals.

Digressing a bit here, but a portion of KMT who did not flee to Taiwan became drug lords in the Golden Triangle.

All in all, IMO China is better of with the CCP. At least it is a united China. A feat not to be scoffed at, considering the population, provinces, and vast land mass.

Chinese public opinion strongly criticized the leader of Manchuria, the "young marshal" Zhang Xueliang, for his nonresistance to the Japanese invasion, even though the Kuomintang central government was indirectly responsible for this policy.
On 12 December, 1936 a deeply disgruntled Zhang Xueliang decided to conspire with the CCP and kidnapped Chiang Kai-shek in Xi'an to force an end to the conflict between KMT and CCP. In order to secure the release of Chiang, the KMT was forced to agree to a temporary end to the Chinese Civil War and the forming of a United Front between the CCP and KMT against Japan on 24 December 1936.
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join