It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where's the points

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Originally posted by Kailassa
No longer flagging,
no star can we see.
Despite posts unnumbered,
disappointed are we.

Last time I am going to point out this fact.
. . .
Many should read the entire thread before getting upset.

If you are going take it on yourself to play the moderator, telling people off, perhaps you need to understand the subtleties of communication.

To spell it out, I was not upset; I was making a joke.

"Disappointed" referred to having no points showing.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher
is there anybody out there who is bronze or higher who is opposed to points or badges? i seriously doubt it.

Yes there are.

I myself am one. I am bronze............and lack only 25 flags to see no ads.

I have the 20 applauses required to have the "this one is aware" as well.

I do not define my participation here based on what others think, I bring to the forum my thoughts, feelings, and research. This is what I thought ATS was about.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

is there anybody out there who is bronze or higher who is opposed to points or badges? i seriously doubt it.

You would be wrong. I was so close to a Silver that I could taste it but I would much rather play on an intellectual level playing field than have others lord over me with their badges of authority. Don't think it didn't happen. Some were drunk with their new found status.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Could just one person answer this question.

What makes you think we don't get stars anymore?

I believe people are not reading this thread because I believe you posted more than once that you cant star on this board.

So people you can still star members just not on this board. Go to another forum and you will see that you can still star posts.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

do you think you are judged for being a newby? you are. people cut you more slack until you get the hang of things.

you do have a point there.

I was bronze but I dont really mind it not being there. Actually it was kind of a bit big if you want the truth, sort of filled most of the avatar. A nice small coloured bronze star would be nicer, all sparkly.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I cant believe they got rid of points. I valued being able to know who is a seasoned poster and who may just be a first post spammer. Not all low point people are like that, but it seems the majority of horrible posts on ATS are done by people with a very low point count.

Very bad move ATS. I'm gone until points are back sadly.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by deadline527]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

looks like i was wrong. but how does one lord it over you on this forum? is there something going on besides posts?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

...and I'm sure that people that have been here since the beginning that did not get a tag were upset too.

Just because you go for the social aspects of ATS and S&F ALOT ! ,doesn't mean a post has quality or makes an impact,just means you can get the flags.starz and applause.

I like being impressed with a NEWBIE more than being flogged with an obnoxious ego.....that begs for flags ,and star and ,applause from their friends that kiss each others Butts over a two line post.

the only tag I need is ATS/BTS/MATS member.
as for the points LOL poo

....have you hugged your wicked meme today?.

EDIT TO ADD :
oh andI accidently ppushed the reply button instead of the other buton thingy ... sorry mr green

[edit on 31-5-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

thoughts, feelings, and research. This is what I thought ATS was about.

How come your opinion holds so much weight around here?

edited to say because one might like the tags and points they don't have thoughts, feelings, and do research, or don't meet your standards?

[edit on 023131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I knew this would happen.....

Silver was within my grasp.... I was so close to being able to look down my nose at those lowly solids, bronze and apprentice's.

I know just as I was closing in on Gold they moved the goal post again.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

No longer flagging,
no star can we see.
Despite posts unnumbered,
disappointed are we.

Last time I am going to point out this fact.
. . .
Many should read the entire thread before getting upset.

If you are going take it on yourself to play the moderator, telling people off, perhaps you need to understand the subtleties of communication.

To spell it out, I was not upset; I was making a joke.

"Disappointed" referred to having no points showing.

I would like to address the tone that I intended when I said last time I was going to point it out, I didn't mean it in a bossy way, I meant it cause I was bogarting the thread saying the same things several times with no one seeing it.

My intention was not to be offensive to you. Poetry is always fun to interject within the topics being discussed, pretty creative, IMO>

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Actually I thought the rating systems either way or whichever they had them was a good idea. I know some didn't like the idea. But I did. There are so many members it was good for me when considering the weight of a posters argument.

I liked the idea of knowing that a poster who was either pro or con to my opinion was knowledgeable about a topic and higher ranked individuals seemed to flesh out their arguments better.

For me anyway it was a good indicator on who to reply to first and expect a good reply again either pro or con to my responce. Since I'm still learning who individuals are.

Peace

Slay

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I say VOTE ON IT, cause honestly I think it is only no more than 20 members who are having issues with this(I could be wrong though, I doubt it). Be Democratic and vote on it, there is nothing more to say or do, just have a vote. Vote over a 48 hour period with only one member (from one ip) being able to cast one vote...YES or NO. It is simple.

I say yes. I have already made my feelings known on this issue MANY times before so I will not go back into it now.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

poerty is so cool lol

I understand how you feel IA

The points are still there...
The stars are still there...
The flags are still there....
The great threads filled with research and great effort are still there....
The Ego's are still there...
But the displays that bloats those ego's are gone...
...oops can't think of a rhyme for retentive lol

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Exactly lets put it to a vote.

I hope ATS supports a grass roots democratic approach to this issue. Then once the votes are cast and the decision is made either pro or con. Be done with the issue. from then forward Delete all debates and arguments afterwords. The Vote was cast and the members have spoken by that point.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Does anyone else feel this should be brought to a vote? Obviously I am not alone in feeling this.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Or we could just chill until we get an official announcement. SkepticOverlord is always tweaking things. Maybe this is temp. maybe not. That's of course assuming that I missed an official announcement.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yes

I say let's use our famous debate forum have two arguments from two members one pro and the other con with no ability to reply and let the stars fly and decide.

That way it would be completely anonymous.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
IMHO - I liked the points in public view. I am fairly new to it but I was enjoying watching my points slowly going up even though I was not trolling to tick off people to post to my thread(s). It was like a cheering section for me when I did a good thread. I know it is still there but I like the immediateness of it. (Is that a word?)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I will volunteer to be on the pro side.

Reply to Intrepid: Yea you are prolly right, I am sure something is coming. But I fear the same wil happen with anything you guys do,lol.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join