It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where's the points

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What about the 250, 250, 250, when we cant get stars. What happens to our stars?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Do we get our mood back?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
What about the 250, 250, 250, when we cant get stars. What happens to our stars?

LOL wonder, I am getting hysterical, if I could say the things I want to say I would have you all in stitches.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
How about just adding a "button" that you could click on to see the points and "labels" of other members in each of their posts if you wanted too!

Kind of like the "go light"/"go dark" button in the top left corner.

That, I do believe, would allow people to make their own decision if they wanted to see the points and labels, or not.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Could just one person answer this question.

What makes you think we don't get stars anymore?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It seems to limit my desire to post new threads and not have them acknowledged as good or not of interest.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
There is another feature that is missing from a few days or weeks ago. It was the feature that shows your recently flagged threads.

I liked this feature because I could flag a thread and then wonder around the site for a bit. I could go to my profile and find the threads I flagged and go to them.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
It seems to limit my desire to post new threads and not have them acknowledged as good or not of interest.

That is what the flagging and star system is for.

It is still in place!!!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

How about just adding a "button" that you could click on if you wanted to see the points and "labels" if you wanted too!

That's a cute idea.

Can I have a crown?

lol

I wish we could make the topic R rated for just 24 hours.

I think there is a conspiracy here somewhere.

[edit on 123131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

maybe they are basing it on this thread which you cant star but you can star other threads. Hasnt it always been the case the threads in the Questions board you could never star. They also are threads that dont give you any points. (threads in this forum)

link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Because there are no stars on each post that an individual can click on to give stars. I don't see them anyway.

Edit to add; I don't see them on this thread anyway, I suppose they are still on the other thread posts.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by esteay812]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I notice articles on the home page allow starring but the ones I looked at on ATS firehouse dont have any star links. I havent checked each site yet.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

Originally posted by interestedalways

maybe they are basing it on this thread which you cant star but you can star other threads. Hasnt it always been the case the threads in the Questions board you could never star. They also are threads that dont give you any points. (threads in this forum)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Somebody gets it!!!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I don't care about stars, flags, badges anymore but if anyone thinks that I'm gonna stop starting threads about the bizarre, crazy, wacky world we live in; then think again there sparky. You have unleashed a thread monster that can't be satiated by meer stars and flags. I'm out for blood, guts, gore, death, destruction, torture, mayhem, perversion and all the other wonderful things that makes us what we are.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Sorry I made a mistake you can star on ATS firehose. oops

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I agree with the previous poster that said this issue has been way over analyzed, and perhaps not by the members ...

Kind of reminds me of how some in government decide what to do next - by sticking a wet finger in the air to see which way the public sentiment "wind" is blowing - instead of just acting on their knowledge and convictions as to what is best.

Don't get me wrong. A little public "polling" is fine. But who's site is this anyway?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
How about just adding a "button" that you could click on to see the points and "labels" of other members in each of their posts if you wanted too!

Kind of like the "go light"/"go dark" button in the top left corner.

That, I do believe, would allow people to make their own decision if they wanted to see the points and labels, or not.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by Keyhole]

You can already do this try clicking on someones name! allows you to easily check all there information.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

That's great idea, let members personalise their page.

Also, what about having a profanity filter. I'm a fan of swearing as it is a very expressive part of our language. I don't want to be mollycoddled with having the words ***k & ***t, etc replced with snip.

I'm a big boy, i can take it.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

wooooops, Yup them thar star thingies are still available..Sowwy!ll

Zindo

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I want points back and labels too. also moods for those who do them. I like being in awe of the bronzes and silvers and golds, wondering how they got that far, imagining all the amazing and possibly stupid posts they must have done to get all those points and stars and applauses and stuff.

It gives me something to shoot for. I'm relatively new, jan of this year, but it's very fun to move ever so slowly up toward the next badge. will i ever achieve bronze? maybe not but it's a dream to keep me going.

people who don't like the points and badges can just ignore them. what's the big? i can't help but suspect that those who are against them have few points and possibly no badge or maybe apprentice. instead of trying to ruin the fun for everybody, just keep posting and you'll work your way up. do you think you are judged for being a newby? you are. people cut you more slack until you get the hang of things.

is there anybody out there who is bronze or higher who is opposed to points or badges? i seriously doubt it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join