It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Orbiter Finds No Evidence Apollo Missions Landed On Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

There is something wrong with US mission to the Moon. The legendary space mission is still shrouded in mystery. Mankind still has a number of reasons to cast doubt on the miracle of inter-planetary flights. Many people still say that US astronauts have never landed on the Moon....

www.doomdaily.com...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
how many times has man been on the moon? I think its 12 spanning from 1969 - 1972. is there any evidence for the other missions to the moon

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Interesting to say the least, yet I have a nagging question in the back of my mind. Why would the US straight up lie about such a thing? Would it be just to seemingly justify itself and outdo Russia and other nations on the world stage? Or is there something we do not know about our moon?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Not that I believe this but.....

What if we did get to the moon but they never showed us the real footage of it because we would see things we shouldn't be able to see? So they stage one based off of being there.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Then how did the Lunar Laser Ranging Reflector get on the moon?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

There is not mentioning in the article that JAXA released this information.

The site is a doomsday site, and so, all kinds of funny information can be obtained from there.

So, we should wait till JAXA releases a official report or we find that report.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Japan’s Kaguya lunar orbiter took several pictures of the site, where Apollo 15 and Apollo 17 supposedly landed in 1971 and 1972. If the astronauts had ever landed there, they should have left a lot of equipment on the site, including the rovers, on which they traveled on the surface of the Earth’s satellite. The pictures, which the Japanese rover took, showed not even the slightest hint of the US presence on the Moon.

Bold claim with no evidence to back it up. Who says? Where are these images? I'm thinking it's not hard to make sites like this and bring in the cash.. prisonplanet, rense, etc have you seen how much these guys get for ads? I did a rough guestimate and Rense should be pulling in around 300-400k minimum per year. Posting unsubstantiated articles is how to keep the gravy train rolling.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Even at that Jaxas 10m resolution, not able to see the debris left behind from the Apollo missions. Well the defining moment for NASA launching LRO/LCROSS in June 2009 might stand a better change of mapping the lunar surface for Apollo artifacts. It would be cool to see the rover in the dust, but I won't hold my breath.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
There is nothing to suggest that they have filmed the parts of the moon where there have been landings except their word for it. I am not convinced therefore. They may have skipped the parts where was evidence. Also it is filmed from a great height (see the curvature of the moon) which could very well mean that you wouldn't see tracks, or landers because it is too high up. I mean, you don't see cars from satellites unless you zoom in quite considerably.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I think they went to the Moon, and I also think they faked some of the photos while they where there.

And I think they did this to cover some things up that they did not want us to know about. We will just have to wait and see what comes up when the real report comes out! One has to remember that the LEM is very small and just a pin head size spot on the moon. And one would have to zoom in very close to even get a chance to see it .

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I've watched the JAXA video.

Interesting. One can see many nice lunar features.

I've also noticed one thing: the horizon. It is clearly not flat, you see the curvature of the horizon. By a very rough estimation, I'd say that the horizon is several hundreds of kilometers away, which means that an object of a few meters (like the rover) would barely be a noticeable pixel, even at the closest range, i.e. the bottom of the pictures, not talking of the mere flag...

Nice video, but totally meaningless as to whether it shows or not proofs of previous landings: at that angle and resolution, they would be invisible.

Another "man never made it to the moon" case dismissed.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Well the Soviets managed to do it without people...

From the same Wikipedia entry:
The unmanned Soviet Lunokhod 1 and Lunokhod 2 rovers carried smaller arrays. Reflected signals were initially received from Lunokhod 1, but no return signals have been detected since 1971, at least in part due to some uncertainty in its location on the Moon. Lunokhod 2's array continues to return signals to Earth.

It really seems like we did go to the moon, but there are a lot of important things that NASA and the military simply cannot explain. I would have imagined by now we would have sent a probe to purposely photograph the lunar module's remnants as an experiment of how these objects age over time on the moon and to show our lasting legacy. Yet it seems we want to do anything but that...

[edit on 5/31/2009 by atzmaz]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered

There is something wrong with US mission to the Moon. The legendary space mission is still shrouded in mystery. Mankind still has a number of reasons to cast doubt on the miracle of inter-planetary flights. Many people still say that US astronauts have never landed on the Moon....

www.doomdaily.com...

DoomDaily is not reputable

I must say i have my doubts on whether we landed, i wouldnt disregard it, i have not seen this come up from any other source as of yet

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have to agree with phi1618. From their own website:

www.doomdaily.com...
All News items may or may not be factual.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
I've watched the JAXA video.

Interesting. One can see many nice lunar features.

I've also noticed one thing: the horizon. It is clearly not flat, you see the curvature of the horizon. By a very rough estimation, I'd say that the horizon is several hundreds of kilometers away, which means that an object of a few meters (like the rover) would barely be a noticeable pixel, even at the closest range, i.e. the bottom of the pictures, not talking of the mere flag...

Nice video, but totally meaningless as to whether it shows or not proofs of previous landings: at that angle and resolution, they would be invisible.

Another "man never made it to the moon" case dismissed.

Your right anything under 10 meters isn't visible on the images and guess what there was nothing sent to the moon that was that big however i know they did see the blast area from the lift off of Apollo 15. A lot of dust was moved when it left the surface.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The LEM blasted off leaving the base with the landing assembly behind.
That should be big enough to see from orbit.
You don't need landing gear to go back to the command module.
That was such a lovely sight to see that hookup.
Amazing clarity in the video.

This makes you wonder about all the other conspiracy boilerplate.

Like gravity is 32 ft/sec/sec ever where even on the Moon.
Gad, that can't be right.

ED: The absence of ether makes the attraction the same.
Say it ain't so Einsteins.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz

Yeah, how easy is if we can go to Mars and Jupiter.
Put a satellite in orbit around the Moon.
They can't cause Kennedy lied no doubt.
The Moon rocket build up was to keep Werner Von Braun
quiet about his work on the Tesla Free energy UFO.
That is the underlying conspiracy.
Lie you way to the Moon and about aliens and saucers
while they build triangle craft.
And the technology must be fairly simple if people in the
old testament and biblical times could fly around like
so many people now say they did.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon
I have to agree with phi1618. From their own website:

www.doomdaily.com...
All News items may or may not be factual.

thats hilarious. good work on finding this. It just goes to show, you can't believe everything you read on the internet

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Well the Soviets managed to do it without people...

From the same Wikipedia entry:
The unmanned Soviet Lunokhod 1 and Lunokhod 2 rovers carried smaller arrays. Reflected signals were initially received from Lunokhod 1, but no return signals have been detected since 1971, at least in part due to some uncertainty in its location on the Moon. Lunokhod 2's array continues to return signals to Earth.

It really seems like we did go to the moon, but there are a lot of important things that NASA and the military simply cannot explain. I would have imagined by now we would have sent a probe to purposely photograph the lunar module's remnants as an experiment of how these objects age over time on the moon and to show our lasting legacy. Yet it seems we want to do anything but that...

[edit on 5/31/2009 by atzmaz]

but the burden of proof falls on you to provide evidence of the mission dates , the vehicle and launch site for the US missions.

Now since we all know nasa is corrupt
you can't use them as a source. You also can't use photos or videos since they can be faked, and no eyewitnesses, since no one can be trusted

So all you have to do to convince me is provide tangible evidence of the vehicle that was used, the date it was launched and where it was launched from without any photos videos or eyewitness testimony

hey, it's fun on this side of the fence

[edit on 31-5-2009 by syrinx high priest]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well....with a resolution of 30m per pixle.....its makes me go: DUHHHHHH!

Your not going to see jack from the mood landing sights. Not even a pixle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join