It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Infiltrated?...By the Taliban, Extreme Muslims, and Communists!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

justsomeboreddude

I have been accused of being an agent of this or that during my time on ATS. I wondered why people would accuse me of that, when I have never thought that of others.

Maybe because your showing disinformationalist traits...and you do seem to suppress the truth.

Twenty-Five Ways To Suppress Truth: The Rules of Disinformation (Includes The 8 Traits of A Disinformationalist)

Just the top 10 Disinformationalist techniques posted... read the rest at www.whale.to...

www.whale.to...

Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation

Note: The first rule and last five (or six, depending on situation) rules are generally not directly within the ability of the traditional disinfo artist to apply. These rules are generally used more directly by those at the leadership, key players, or planning level of the criminal conspiracy or conspiracy to cover up.

1. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. Regardless of what you know, don't discuss it -- especially if you are a public figure, news anchor, etc. If it's not reported, it didn't happen, and you never have to deal with the issues.
2. Become incredulous and indignant. Avoid discussing key issues and instead focus on side issues which can be used show the topic as being critical of some otherwise sacrosanct group or theme. This is also known as the 'How dare you!' gambit.
3. Create rumor mongers. Avoid discussing issues by describing all charges, regardless of venue or evidence, as mere rumors and wild accusations. Other derogatory terms mutually exclusive of truth may work as well. This method which works especially well with a silent press, because the only way the public can learn of the facts are through such 'arguable rumors'. If you can associate the material with the Internet, use this fact to certify it a 'wild rumor' from a 'bunch of kids on the Internet' which can have no basis in fact.
4. Use a straw man. Find or create a seeming element of your opponent's argument which you can easily knock down to make yourself look good and the opponent to look bad. Either make up an issue you may safely imply exists based on your interpretation of the opponent/opponent arguments/situation, or select the weakest aspect of the weakest charges. Amplify their significance and destroy them in a way which appears to debunk all the charges, real and fabricated alike, while actually avoiding discussion of the real issues.
5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling and ridicule. This is also known as the primary 'attack the messenger' ploy, though other methods qualify as variants of that approach. Associate opponents with unpopular titles such as 'kooks', 'right-wing', 'liberal', 'left-wing', 'terrorists', 'conspiracy buffs', 'radicals', 'militia', 'racists', 'religious fanatics', 'sexual deviates', and so forth. This makes others shrink from support out of fear of gaining the same label, and you avoid dealing with issues.
6. Hit and Run. In any public forum, make a brief attack of your opponent or the opponent position and then scamper off before an answer can be fielded, or simply ignore any answer. This works extremely well in Internet and letters-to-the-editor environments where a steady stream of new identities can be called upon without having to explain criticism, reasoning -- simply make an accusation or other attack, never discussing issues, and never answering any subsequent response, for that would dignify the opponent's viewpoint.
7. Question motives. Twist or amplify any fact which could be taken to imply that the opponent operates out of a hidden personal agenda or other bias. This avoids discussing issues and forces the accuser on the defensive.
8. Invoke authority. Claim for yourself or associate yourself with authority and present your argument with enough 'jargon' and 'minutia' to illustrate you are 'one who knows', and simply say it isn't so without discussing issues or demonstrating concretely why or citing sources.
9. Play Dumb. No matter what evidence or logical argument is offered, avoid discussing issues except with denials they have any credibility, make any sense, provide any proof, contain or make a point, have logic, or support a conclusion. Mix well for maximum effect.
10. Associate opponent charges with old news. A derivative of the straw man -- usually, in any large-scale matter of high visibility, someone will make charges early on which can be or were already easily dealt with - a kind of investment for the future should the matter not be so easily contained.) Where it can be foreseen, have your own side raise a straw man issue and have it dealt with early on as part of the initial contingency plans. Subsequent charges, regardless of validity or new ground uncovered, can usually then be associated with the original charge and dismissed as simply being a rehash without need to address current issues -- so much the better where the opponent is or was involved with the original source.

Have to disagree this sounds more like a list of how to maintain and go up a political ladder in Washington lol.

Like in my previous post this would be a stupid list for a dis-information agent to follow (but not a politician as they follow it daily lol) other than the straw man lets face it every one would like a yes man even the dis-info agent lol.

But ridicule lends you to be a troll poster which is not what a dis-info agent would want.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I dont believe I have ridiculed a single person on this thread. I have simply stated example to support my hypothesis that are brains may be getting scrambled by the enemies of free society.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Are you going to tell me that you dont know the meaning of common sense?

Perhaps I should rephrase. You said: "that there may be a group of people on here with an agenda to eradicate the very notion of common sense". I therefore asked you to define "common sense" in the context of your statement.

I fear for your safety as they may have gotten to you

Oh, please do enlighten me as to the jeopardy of my safety and supposedly from whom I am threatened, exactly. This should be interesting.

Not understanding the meaning of common sense is a sure sign

Hey, thanks for playing dumb. Tactic number what?

Regards,

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Well I apologize. I thought you didnt know the meaning. I was worried for you. Common sense would mean being able to apply reason to a question or problem and to not be easily fooled or naive.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Your right - we should all just stop asking questions, pick up another beer or glass of fluoridated water and go and watch the TV. If we don't - then we are probably communists or terrorists or something.

You are equating terrorists with free thinkers - where would an idea like that come from? If you don't believe what your told to believe - then you must be a radical element, and need to be suppressed right?

I'm really racking my brain now - trying to figure out where I have heard such things before. Free thought being described as terrorism .. man its really hard .. I'm trying to think ..

Bah - we have heard the agenda clearly - don't expect the population of ATS to be so naive.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Dude, read the rules of a disinfo agent. Then, go back and read my original post. Then, look at your reply.

Why did you not answer any of the legitimate questions I asked? Since you didn't even bother, just threw up some nonsense, let me tell you how I see it. You cannot answer the questions because you will come off looking like a idiot.

Forget it, I don't want your answers now. If you couldn't answer them yesterday, then why should I wait for you to figure out what to say? Do you have to wait and figure out the best course of disinfo and insults you can throw at everyone, wait for you to get your talking points? Sorry for that insult but why could you not answer yesterday? I can only think of a few logical reasons and they all make you look bad.

I did not insult you nor did I attack you, yet you summarily dismissed all of what I brought forth and ignored the simple questions I asked. Avoiding the issues like a politician. You would probably make a great politician since you both are great at avoiding issues.

Whatever. I'm done with you, I'm done with this thread. What a waste of time.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The only conspiracy theory I can think off the top of my head is that you are flagging your own postings and possibly registering other accounts to respond. Your entire post, just like all of your postings, are blatant speculation without a shred of evidence. I really wish people would stop replying to your posts or flagging them so I don't have to see them on the home page. But if its you flagging & responding to your own postings then I can understand.

I know you are not an agent. Your postings are far too pointless and annoying. No agenda to them whatsoever except possibly to waste people's time on speculation. I challenge anybody who thinks you are an agent to a $2,500 bet, and I challenge you to point to any ATS posting you've made that consists of more than time-wasting speculation.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

. I really doubt that ATS has been infiltrated by extremest Muslims etc. and it wouldn't matter to me one bit if they did. It might be real interesting at least it would be better than trying to figure out where your coming from. Your theory about they're insidious plans borders on hilarity. I filed it under senseless diatribe. phew! Take it easy"some bored dude" Color me gone
I can only take so much

[edit on 5/30/2009 by ablue07]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

The only conspiracy theory I can think off the top of my head is that you are flagging your own postings and possibly registering other accounts to respond. Your entire post, just like all of your postings, are blatant speculation without a shred of evidence. I really wish people would stop replying to your posts or flagging them so I don't have to see them on the home page. But if its you flagging & responding to your own postings then I can understand.

I know you are not an agent. Your postings are far too pointless and annoying. No agenda to them whatsoever except possibly to waste people's time on speculation.

That's pretty nasty and uncalled for.

Take away the speculation from this website and all you'd have is a bulletin board for odd seeming events and comments.

The OP I think wanted to open discussion of the possibility of disinformation
and agenda driven people among the members. I think I see loads of it, mostly people with an axe to grind. But some wanting to actively shape opinions and perceptions. How many are actually paid or do this as a component of their occupation we'll never know. Maybe a small handful, maybe a considerable number.

There are racial, religious, cultural and nationalistic agendas here. Most are probably just personal biases. But I suspect there are a few that have a cause behind them. In fact I'm pretty certain.

But I have no way of actually proving this. So, yes, it ends up being speculation. But that doesn't mean it's unfounded.

Mike

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
There are racial, religious, cultural and nationalistic agendas here. Most are probably just personal biases. But I suspect there are a few that have a cause behind them. In fact I'm pretty certain.

With all due respect Mike, and since we are on the topic, may I just say that you are one of the most people I suspect of more than you let on but I'm pretty certain and as you say; in most cases there is simply an inherent personal bias.

Perhaps your own apparent bias against Muslims for example; have made you in favor of this thread. But if you will notice, the OP is deliberately playing dumb, and regardless of opinions and different views, I think most here can agree that he definitely has an agenda.

Regards,

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion

With all due respect Mike, and since we are on the topic, may I just say that you are one of the most people I suspect of more than you let on but I'm pretty certain and as you say; in most cases there is simply an inherent personal bias.

Perhaps your own apparent bias against Muslims for example; have made you in favor of this thread. But if you will notice, the OP is deliberately playing dumb, and regardless of opinions and different views, I think most here can agree that he definitely has an agenda.

And with all due respect, I think you have not sampled adequately what I have posted. I have no prejudice against Muslims, but do not accept the countless attempts seen on these boards to exonerate their leaders of responsibilities they have to their own people by furthering the commonly held view that Israel and Jews as part of some Western conspiracy to diminish them are the cause of all their problems.

I probably have more Muslim friends and associates than Jews. But I become indignant when I see one-sided opinions pushed by anyone. I can't ignore there are in inordinate number of anti-semites in this neighbourhood, cloaking their prejudices as anti-Zioinsts, And relatively few who find this objectionable.

Muslims have rights to improved qualities of life, and the explanations provided by their regime leaders is that they are held back in making constructive changes due to their conflict with Jews and the West. I think this is a lie, and I try to counter it at every opportunity.

I do this with no bias or inherent agenda. I don't like to see any people being victimized by imposed corrupt self-serving leadership anywhere.

As to the OP, my impression is this is a witch hunt here. A classic case of "bad news, shoot the messenger." He opened a controversial line of inquiry. You can agree with it or disagree.

I've discovered at ATS there are some wonderful threads and knowledgeable often inspired contributors. That's why I read and contribute.
These are subjects I rarely have opportunities to discuss in my day to day life.

But as an open forum on conspiracy topics it attracts a lot of paranoids, lunatic fringe thinkers, and outright hate filled people, too. There is a lot of maligning untrue information being pushed often with little effort made to question it.

I can't completely ignore this and don't believe any of us should.

Mike

[edit on 30-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
When I first saw the OP -

I have been accused of being an agent of this or that during my time on ATS. I wondered why people would accuse me of that, when I have never thought that of others. Then I realized that they wouldnt have even thought like that unless THEY were an agent.

So I started to dig deeper and really look at the topics posted on ATS. I believe I have unconvered something sinister. ATS has been infiltrated by the enemies of the USA. It could be the Taliban, extreme Muslims, or Communist nations like China or former Soviet Republics whose citizens still hold on to their old beliefs.

and then I read some of the replies, and it seemed to me like this might possibly have been a serious inquiry, so I posted the following -

Originally posted by visible_villain

You said :
... when you start to realize the extent of it and start to really ask the hard questions like why would any grown adult believe in some of these things...then it becomes more obvious.

Sounds like ATS is beginning to 'rock your world' ...

It's scary to wake up from the dream.

Welcome !!

And, as far as the many items enumerated in your OP, I personally consider ALL of them open questions !

( Does this make me a de facto 'Taliban trooper' ? )

( Or just only a 'space cadet' ? )

My personal favorite at the moment is the hollow Earth and moon theory.

There is an amazing amount of anecdotal evidence ( both scientific and otherwise ) to support this 'radical' theory.

Look into it !

The OP then replied as follows -

reply to post by visible_villain

Be careful so that they dont scramble your brain. It is ok to be open minded but you need to protect yourself and not sucuumb to these thoughts intended to destroy your understanding of the foundation of science and reason.

My humor, my inquiry, and my suggestion were all completely ignored. All that came back was some very cliche and patronising advice from the OP ...

Now, back again to his OP -

You may ask, what is the purpose? The purpose is to divide us, and to try to make us dumber and lazier, and to shatter our ability to believe in anything.

Seems like he has done this very thing with his reply to my post ( as well as many others in this thread ), doesn't it ?

Finally, now back again to the OP -

I am not sure this is real or just my perception, but I think there is ample evidence of this occuring on ATS. I dont blame the owners or the mods as they cant really control content. How do we stand up and fight this attack on our minds? Do we just leave ATS or stand and fight the good fight?

As others have already suggested ( some remarkably early on ! ), this thread is complete nonsense. It should be closed.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I've been on a few forums in my time and the fact is, even if you did an identity check on new members, you can't be sure they aren't working to someone else's agenda. In fact it would be naive to assume that sites like this aren't infiltrated! There is no way of knowing 100% who is what. What does it matter anyway? I think it even adds to the entertainment. Listen, keep an open mind, cross reference if you hear something interesting and go with your gut instinct before you accept it as gospel.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You may ask, what is the purpose? The purpose is to divide us....

all a person has to do to realize it's working....is to read this thread!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

So this thread should be closed because I am not psychic and answer your post the way you think I should? Well next time I will consult you for what I should write in order to answer one of your posts. You will be amazed to know that I didnt see any humor in what you posted. My apologies, maybe I missed how minimizing my points by calling them "space cadets" or "Taliban troopers" is humorous or is even framed in a valid question. Furthermore, your suggestion to look into the idea that the Earth or Moon is hollow is no less prepostorous than your veiw of anything I posted in the OP.

I might as well spend time researching whether claims that Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy are actually real. We all know about gravity and that things in the universe are formed by gravity pulling material together. Large objects in the universe are always more or less solid spheres due to the fact that material is gathered until there is sufficient mass to create enough pressure to create heat to make the material molten. How is anything molten going to form something hollow? Beyond that given the mass of the Earth or the Moon, the "shell" of either one would have to be incredibly dense if either were hollow.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pipsqueak

I totally agree with your post. It is just that some people for whatever reason, be it a lack of science education or the ability to distinguish fantasy, sarcasm, or fraud from the truth, many people willl buy into any idea even if it is to their own detriment. For example, look at how many people on here trully believe that a device that can produce Free Energy already exists. When you question the validity of that notion, what evidence are you presented with...a youtube video of an illusion designed to defraud or hoax the gullible.

Even more sad are the people that believe the wild claims that people have added to the accomplishments of Tesla. A great mind, yes. Tesla invented several incredible things, however I would love for people to add to my accomplishments as much BS as people have added to Tesla's after his death. In another 100 years they will probably claim Tesla was God Himself and created the Universe single handidly.

Its so sad to watch my fellow citizens fall as prey to this insanity.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Oh so let us try to turn the tables against Mike and make him out to be a bad guy because he doesnt like people that explode on contact or in large groups of the people that they hate because they misinterpreted the Koran.

I can assure you this thread is not anti-Muslim, as one of my best friends is Muslim. It is against exploding Muslims, yes. Just as it is against exploding Red Necks like Timothy McVey. I dont want to put words in Mike's mouth, but I can guess that he doesnt have anything against rational Muslims who practice their believes in peace and go about their lives like the rest of us. You are just using this to try to claim he is an agent to deflect from the possiblity that you may be one of those described in the OP. I have never seen a person try harder to prove my point. Thanks!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

I know you are not an agent. Your postings are far too pointless and annoying. No agenda to them whatsoever except possibly to waste people's time on speculation. I challenge anybody who thinks you are an agent to a $2,500 bet, and I challenge you to point to any ATS posting you've made that consists of more than time-wasting speculation.

Well if you believe that I am flagging my own posts and registering other accounts to respond then I HIGHLY RECCOMEND that you have the owners or mods look into your incredibly insulting claims. Your very post seems to prove that someone other than me feels a need to post on this thread. I think you just may harbor resentment because I get stars, flags, and posts. Isnt that part of what we are supposed to do here. Could it be that you are just jealous because people actually are interested in my threads.

If you dont like seeing my threads on the main page, maybe YOU should stop posting in them since that would make you part of the very problem you present. What you are doing, by your own admission, is the equivalent of buying bullets for the CIA hitman that is about to terminate you.

You claim my posts are but time wasting speculation, but yet you still feel a need to throw in your opinion. What irony. Though I do congratulate you on realizing that I am not an agent nor have I ever claimed to be one.

My claims are no more blatant speculation without a shred of evidence that anything I listed in my DIRTY DOZEN. So according to your line of thinking maybe they should just close ATS and we can all go outside and play.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Did I ever say anyone should stop asking questions? NO!
Did I ever equate free thinking with Terrorism? NO!

Please stop putting words in my mouth. I have only said that some of the people on here could be agents trying to crush our melons in order to weaken the free world.

As far as what you say about some members of ATS being so naive, I am merely trying to protect that group from falling into a giant pit full of foolishness and false beliefs that make them think they have figured out the "truth" because they were tricked into thinkng that they "know" that NASA hides the truth or that a bunch of fat, old, rich, white men run around playing naked games together while they plan to take over the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join