It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran blames US, Israel for bombing of Shiite mosque in southeast that killed 25 people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Iran blames US, Israel for bombing of Shiite mosque in southeast that killed 25 people

www.newsday.com

NASSER KARIMI | Associated Press Writer
10:29 AM EDT, May 29, 2009

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran blamed the U.S. and Israel on Friday for a bombing in a Shiite mosque in southeast Iran that killed 25 people, saying the countries were trying to stoke sectarian tension with the Sunni Muslim minority.

Iran has repeatedly accused the U.S. and other Western countries of backing militants and opposition groups in the country — charges they have denied. The blame could be intended to mask real sectarian issues between Iran's Sunnis and majority Shiite population.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Some pretty serious accusations. More so considering some Americans believe these were the two nations involved in terrorist attacks in the United States once upon a time to kick off the War on Terror.

There is an excellent chance to though it is a cover and a ruse to mask sectarian violence though the Iranian regime is claiming it has detained the suspects who were in the process of fleeing the country and will reveal more details once completing their interrogations and investigations.

It will be interesting to see what Tehran puts forth in the way of evidence in the days ahead.

www.newsday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
When I first saw the news on the bombing yesterday, I am ashamed to say, I wondered how this was gonna be twisted to make it 'our fault'.

Surely cooler heads will prevail and the truth ferreted out. *crosses fingers*

Dax

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

"I announce that ... those who committed the bombing are neither Shiite nor Sunni. They are Americans and Israelis" who want to stoke sectarian conflict in the country, Iranian Interior Minister Sadeq Mahsouli said on the ministry's Web site.

That's a pretty definitive and inflamatory statement. Could it be just a part of the propoganda wars waging between the three nations or is there some truth to these allegations?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

That's a pretty definitive and inflamatory statement. Could it be just a part of the propoganda wars waging between the three nations or is there some truth to these allegations?

Oh jeez I hope not. I would like to think that we are above these type of tactics.

What can I say? I'm an idealist.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

He is just using some tactics to get reelected from the GW Bush book,"How to get your nation to vote in a loon for dummies".

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

nothing new, CIA has been attempting to instigate revolts in Iran . refer to Mike Ruppert's Iran Contra Scandal , which proves that CIA uses Drug money to fund kurdish and sunni insurgency in Iran .

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImzadiDax
When I first saw the news on the bombing yesterday, I am ashamed to say, I wondered how this was gonna be twisted to make it 'our fault'.

Surely cooler heads will prevail and the truth ferreted out. *crosses fingers*

Dax

It is entirely possible the United States or Israel or both is behind it though. We are no stranger to carrying out and funding terrorist groups and attacks here in the U.S.A. and Israel practically invented the concept back in the 1940's.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

He is just using some tactics to get reelected from the GW Bush book,"How to get your nation to vote in a loon for dummies".

That is entirely possible too. It's hard to say. It will be interesting to see what evidence Iran put's forth to bolster or substantiate their claims.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Sunnis and Shiites in Iran may not agree, but they dont kill each other.
Its not common for them to bomb each others mosques.

Id be more willing to believe it was an outside government, OR the Iranian government before I believe its sunni Vs Shiite

Also, just to note,

the bombing went off in a town known for drugs and people smuggling from Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Something to note with the bombs going off in Pakistan atm too.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Id be more willing to believe it was an outside government, OR the Iranian government before I believe its sunni Vs Shiite

i have my doubts that iranian govt did it . such actions can very well lead to riots and civil war , which would weaken and fragment Iran , thus making it ripe for full scale US military invasion .

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It is entirely possible the United States or Israel or both is behind it though. We are no stranger to carrying out and funding terrorist groups and attacks here in the U.S.A. and Israel practically invented the concept back in the 1940's.

You are of course right. Its just me, holding out hope that we woke up yesterday better people than the day before. No such luck? Heres hoping for tomorrow...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImzadiDax

Oh jeez I hope not. I would like to think that we are above these type of tactics.

What can I say? I'm an idealist.

When we fund terrorists and insurgent movements we like to call them "Freedom Fighters".

We do fund terrorists and insurgent movements though none the less.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Well of course you are exactly right! Nobody EVER does anything evil unless they are somehow provoked by the United States or Israel. We are the root cause of everything awful in the world. In addition, there were no corrupt politicians or war criminals before GWBush. He was the start of it all.

Talk about electing a loon - how about someone who has no experience running anything as big as a lemonade stand, who has no respect for the military who protects his sorry butt and may or may not even be qualified for the job. Yeppers! That's they guy we need to put in charge.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kombatt98

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

i have my doubts that iranian govt did it . such actions can very well lead to riots and civil war , which would weaken and fragment Iran , thus making it ripe for full scale US military invasion .

I tend to agree with this, I do not see the Iranian government risking such a move either.

It would be inviting a terrible backlash against the regime right as elections were taking place.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule

Well of course you are exactly right! Nobody EVER does anything evil unless they are somehow provoked by the United States or Israel. We are the root cause of everything awful in the world. In addition, there were no corrupt politicians or war criminals before GWBush. He was the start of it all.

Talk about electing a loon - how about someone who has no experience running anything as big as a lemonade stand, who has no respect for the military who protects his sorry butt and may or may not even be qualified for the job. Yeppers! That's they guy we need to put in charge.

Not entirely sure where you are seeing partisan politics play in to this. I know I don't want to see a 3rd or 4th war in Iran because of all the nonsense of let's attack nations that could in theory attack us one day for no other reason than we don't like them to begin with.

This is about the intriques and deceptions between nations, not internal politics friend.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule

Nobody EVER does anything evil unless they are somehow provoked by the United States or Israel. We are the root cause of everything awful in the world. In addition, there were no corrupt politicians or war criminals before GWBush. He was the start of it all.

American self-loathing is all the rage today. Most of the world lives under regimes that steal virtually every penny of revenue for their personal agenda programs or private accounts putting only enough back in to the system to keep the machinery from completely breaking down and the people storming the palace. They show up at UN meetings where they rail on about the injustices of the Usual Suspects. Their international intrigue is done as a form of sport.

With an Iranian mosque being blown up there's no possibility the Usual Suspects won't be blamed. Everyone knows it.

But qui bono?

Do the US or Israel gain anything by doing this and now? I can't see any compelling reason.

Mr A could use some rallying points with his re-election being threatened by the ex-President with the charming wife. And then the Kurds might be wanting to send a message.

Given the control of information disseminated from Iran we'll likely never have solid answers. Some perceived threats to the state will be rounded up and put through a kangaroo court. A lot of breast beating and rallying to rid themselves of the perfidy of the Great Satan and Little Satan. Then there's an other excuse to impose a new tax to hasten the nuke program to protect the people.

Iran is always an innocent victim, as they keep telling us.

Mike

[edit on 29-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Iran suposedly funds militants and suicide bombers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Why would we not do the same to them?

Remember how we were giving money to Bin Laden to fight the Soviets?

We still, always have, and always will fund militants who are against governments we don't like.

And as Iran-Contra showed us, even if they are murdering civilians, we will go around the rules to still support them.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ohhh, two posts on the same ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=6399781#pid6399781

why are there more threads on the same topics ? !!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Please add to existing thread

Here

Thanks

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join