It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sotomayors 'La Raza' called Latino KKK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
1.bp.blogspot.com...

Sotomayors membership in 'La Raza' ('The Race) is called a 'Latino KKK' by Rep. Tom Tancredo.

La Raza was instrumental in organizing all those protests you saw recently ... all those Mexican flags marching through America's streets. (funny, when the media pointed out all the Mexican flags, then suddenly they became American flags a day or so later
)

Story Here

Former Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Co, lashed out at Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor Thursday for her remarks suggesting "wise Latinas" are better decision makers than white men.

Appearing on CNN, Tacredo, known mainly for his staunch opposition to giving illegal aliens amnesty and citizenship rights, talked about Sotomayor's activism on behalf of La Raza, an immigrant rights group whose name translates literally to "The Race." He called it a "a Latino KKK without the hoods or the nooses."

This is supposedly their motto. However, I have also found info saying that they disclaim it. Perhaps it was and now isn't? I'm not sure, but I'm letting you know anyways -

"Por La Raza Todo, Fuera de La Raza Nada."
"For the Race, Everything; Outside the Race, Nothing."

What La Raza says it is ...

La Raza Homepage

The National Council of La Raza (NCLR) – the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the United States – works to improve opportunities for Hispanic Americans. Through its network of nearly 300 affiliated community-based organizations (CBOs), NCLR reaches millions of Hispanics each year in 41 states, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia. To achieve its mission, NCLR conducts applied research, policy analysis, and advocacy, ]providing a Latino perspective in five key areas – assets/investments, civil rights/immigration, education, employment and economic status, and health. In addition, it provides capacity-building assistance to its Affiliates who work at the state and local level to advance opportunities for individuals and families.

Founded in 1968, NCLR is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan, tax-exempt organization headquartered in Washington, DC. NCLR serves all Hispanic subgroups in all regions of the country and has operations in Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Sacramento, San Antonio, and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The Truth About La Raza ('The Race')

The Council of La Raza succeeded in having itself added to congressional hearings by Republican House and Senate leaders. And an anonymous senator even gave the Council of La Raza an extra $4 million in earmarked taxpayer money, supposedly for "housing reform," while La Raza continues to lobby the Senate for virtual open borders and amnesty for illegal aliens - the real agenda of the La Raza movement, the agenda that led to those thousands of illegal immigrants in the streets of American cities, waving Mexican flags, brazenly defying our laws, and demanding concessions.

Key among the secondary organizations is the radical racist group Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan, or Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan (MEChA), one of the most anti-American groups in the country, which has permeated U.S. campuses since the 1960s, and continues its push to carve a racist nation out of the American West.

Interesting blog with info on La Raza

National Council of La Raza and 'La Raza' are used interchangeably.
I'm not sure if they are the same group. Here's more ...

Discover the Networks - guide to the left

NCLR also supports the DREAM Act, which is designed to allow illegal aliens to attend college at the reduced tuition rates normally reserved for in-state legal residents

promote "reform" that would give illegal immigrants full access to taxpayer-funded health care services.

It supports voting rights for illegal aliens.

It opposes the Aviation Transportation and Security Act requiring that all airport baggage screeners be U.S. citizens.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92402f304ce0.jpg[/atsimg]

La Raza and La Raza Unido ... Same group ??? I'm looking it up ....

Discover the Networks

The spirit and force of La Raza Unida was truly embodied in Texas under the leadership of Jose Angel Gutierrez, a student and [the] President of the Mexican American Youth Organization." Gutierrez, an open borders advocate who founded La Raza Unida, has stated, "We have an aging white America ... They are dying. ... They are sh---ing in their pants with fear! I love it! ... We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him."

The group further seeks what it calls "fair taxes for all," a social justice plan for the redistribution of wealth via tax hikes for higher earners and an expanded welfare state. Moreover, La Raza Unida asserts that the U.S. government should "drastically reduce the amount of taxes used to fund military purposes," and calls for "an end to the militarization of society, including the borders."

Redistribution of wealth ... Sound familiar??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86a3e295d5c6.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5/29/2009 by FlyersFan]

+6 more 
posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So now she is also a traitor to this Nations second amendment and now a traitor to her own Puertorican roots?.

I seems that this woman has political career in mind but now that she is going to be nominated to supreme court and once in place she will have to put the political career on side.

I am Latina and I will never be part of a group like la Raza, because I don't need to suck up to any radical Latino groups to gain support for personal agendas like this woman obviously is doing.

Shame on you Sotomayor, you have no business in a the supreme court seat.

+6 more 
posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It's a shame that no matter how much this person is revealed to be a racist and a radical, that we are powerless to stop her eventual appointment.

Change you cannot believe.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It is such blatant, over the top racism, yet it goes unquestioned.

Perhaps maybe the sheeple will wake up? When it gets bad enough? Or are they so indoctrinated it will it take 20 years for a new generation to realize how messed up this really is?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Here is the scary part ladies and gentlemen....soon Latinos will be the largest segment of our minority population and the birth rate among them is HUGE! I have no use for any type of racism, there is no such thing as reverse racism. Whether it is a white supremacist group, a black power group or a Latino action group....racism is not acceptable now or ever!

WE ALL BLEED RED!!!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
.racism is not acceptable now or ever!

Apparently it's okay with Obama as long as it's pro-black or pro-brown and not pro-white.

Sotomayor made anti-white statements.
Kinda goes along with that cult in Chicago that Obama belonged to for 20 years.

remember this?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Actually no "Latinos" but majority Mexican descendant Puertorrico being part of the US and citizens American Born have not reason to pursue any agendas like the people behind la raza does.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually no "Latinos" but majority Mexican descendant Puertorrico being part of the US and citizens American Born have not reason to pursue any agendas like the people behind la raza does.

You are right marg. (as usual
)

Those who are here legally or who are American citizens would only be hurt by what La Raza wants to do.

Ya'll ... look at my opening post. Wide open borders. Wealth redistribution to the non-wage earners. Free medical care for illegals.

These are things that HURT everyone here who isn't an illegal.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It hurts me to see that Sotomayor a Puertorrican can take sides and think herself no a puerotorrican but a mexican to side with la Raza.

In my eyes she is despicable.

I am so angry I want to scream, La Raza has nothing that we American citizes need but trouble and radical ideas.

This woman is radical and has not respect for the constiution of this nation, so she is a traitor.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Agreed, La Raza is a dangerous subversive group. Who are hell are they to decide what laws should and should not be enforced? Who the hell are they to try and rip apart half of our country and "return" it to Mexico?

I find that Puerto Ricans are among the most patriotic Americans around ... indeed Puerto Rico has more veterans per every 1,000 residents then any other state or territory in the union. Thousands of Puerto Ricans have given their lives for this country. It's almost as if she is slapping the faces of the millions of proud Americans who happen to also be of Puerto Rican descent.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by ChrisF231]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Ya'll ... look at my opening post. Wide open borders. Wealth redistribution to the non-wage earners. Free medical care for illegals.

These are things that HURT everyone here who isn't an illegal.

Funny thing is they could NEVER try this in Mexico! Mexico has STRICT immigration laws, and the whole "spread the wealth" thing is laughable.

But since the Mexican Government won't go for it, they cross the border and try to bully the idiot Americans into it via guilt.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Exactly, we have more veteran than we can count that had died for this nation, I am proud to have three members of my family since world war that has die for this nation, my grandfather and two of my uncles.

Hell yes, marry into the military too.

We don't need any traitorous groups like that raza to tell us what we should be doing just because we call ourselves "Latinos" they can go to hell for what I care.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Sheer propaganda. La Raza has been around for a VERY long time. They are an advocacy group for Latinos. It's no different that any other citizens rights group(except that it's latino, the "villain" of today).

Go back and look up the info. This is nothing other than an attempt to villify Sotomayer.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Well Sotomayor "deeds" are not limited to la Raza only, perhaps you should also research on her views about the US Constitution also and see how really fit she is to seat at the supreme court.

She should stick with la raza groups after all.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Love ya' marg! You always manage to drive home a point and stay nice,a rare quality these days!
Here in South Texas,this group is VERY powerful and not always in a good way...much reverse-predjudice goes on and it's very obvious.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

thanks,

Occurs they are powerful they have all the illegal immigrants to back them off, because legal citizens be latino or not have nothing to benefit from them, all you have to see is how well organized they are when they were protesting unfair immigration laws, while the legal citizens of this nation just sat in their homes and watch the show on how they stop California for one day.

I know exactly the agenda of radical groups like that and to think that they get very well funded by private groups that wants to keep that cheap labor available and handy.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Sheer propaganda. La Raza has been around for a VERY long time. They are an advocacy group for Latinos. It's no different that any other citizens rights group(except that it's latino, the "villain" of today).

Go back and look up the info. This is nothing other than an attempt to villify Sotomayer.

The KKK is an advocacy group for whites and have been around for a very long time. You wouldn't want a member of that group sitting as a Supreme Court Judge.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Well Sotomayor "deeds" are not limited to la Raza only, perhaps you should also research on her views about the US Constitution also and see how really fit she is to seat at the supreme court.

She should stick with la raza groups after all.

Don't get me wrong, I am not advoacting for her in any way. I am simply saying that calling La Raza the "Latino KKK" is ignorant fear-mongering at it's best. La Raza does a LOT of good work.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

The KKK is an advocacy group for whites and have been around for a very long time. You wouldn't want a member of that group sitting as a Supreme Court Judge.

The difference? La Raza does not have a history of being bigoted, murdering racists.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

For illegals because for people that are citizens they have nothing to benefit from.

We are living very dangerous times in our nation, if you have noticed we as a nation of wealth builders are not more so desperation breeds radicalism and that is how groups like la raza get to flourish and so many others, until is nothing left to fight for because is nothing left for anybody anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join