It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sotomayors 'La Raza' called Latino KKK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

You want to know what conjures up hatred?

Racism.

I don't need murder tacked on to it to see it as hatred.

Any racist group can be compared to each other. Would it made a differance to you if I compared them to The Black Panthers or the NAACP?

The fact is that they are a racist group, just like the KKK. Theres your comparison and to say one is better then the other is ignorant.

Way to go man, way to go.

There is a huge difference between the NAACP and the KKK. would you compare them?

The Black Panthers would be a far better comparison for La Raza than the KKK. Unfortunately, there is sympathy for the BP, which is why they chose KKK to compare them to, because there is virtually no sympathy for the KKK.

Get it yet?

Saying all groups are the same is downright foolish.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

You want to know what conjures up hatred?

Racism.

I don't need murder tacked on to it to see it as hatred.

Any racist group can be compared to each other. Would it made a differance to you if I compared them to The Black Panthers or the NAACP?

The fact is that they are a racist group, just like the KKK. Theres your comparison and to say one is better then the other is ignorant.

Way to go man, way to go.

There is a huge difference between the NAACP and the KKK. would you compare them?

The Black Panthers would be a far better comparison for La Raza than the KKK. Unfortunately, there is sympathy for the BP, which is why they chose KKK to compare them to, because there is virtually no sympathy for the KKK.

Get it yet?

Saying all groups are the same is downright foolish.

Why not compare the two? Any group that is for a certain race is racist. You have said just as much. NAACP, KKK, La Raza, Black Panther and any other group that focuses on one race are the same.

Racism is racism. One is not any better then the other.

Get it yet?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is messed up. She has no business in the Supreme Court! Being Latino, Black, Asian, White, etc, WHATEVER! Who cares! QUALIFICATIONS are what matter!

And saying she could make better decisions than someone else, specifically based on race DIS-qualifies her!

Your race is something you're born with, not earned. Respect comes from what you do with what you are born with.

Belonging to a race-specific group is shallow. A multiracial group for total equality would be fine! But c'mon....sheesh. I'd rather be included in a group of like minded INDIVIDUALS than to one gathered by race.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Why not compare the two? Any group that is for a certain race is racist. You have said just as much. NAACP, KKK, La Raza, Black Panther and any other group that focuses on one race are the same.

Get it yet?

Ugh, I can see this is beyond you, so I will make one final attempt, and leave it at that.

Grouping them all together, you are saying the NAACP is the same as the KKK, is the same as the American Indian Heritage Foundation, is the same as the Black Panthers, is the same as the United Negro College Fund.

Do you really consider a group that helps hildren get educated the same as a group that will string you up because of the color of your skin?

If so, you are lost, friend.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
She's in, like it or not. The funny thing is that all these tight ass conservatives are angry simply because she is a latina, let alone a woman. Regardless of what her professional history is, she's with "them". The only color everyone really cares about is GREEN. At the end of the day, while all the news channels play the debates of if she is a racist or not, there is still 2 wars, a falling economy, and a continuing slavery among all of us in the US....but thats not important,,,,the only thing thats important is that white folks feel threatened by the minority pres and judge. (sarcasm) It boils down to this: the minorities are dipping into the cookie jar that was preserved for the white folks in this country for centuries.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Using Black Panthers as a standard for argument in racism is moot...there were AS MANY non-blacks in membership as black!!! This was a political movement not cultural guys (the panthers) albeit at times radical.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Get it yet?

Ugh, I can see this is beyond you, so I will make one final attempt, and leave it at that.

Grouping them all together, you are saying the NAACP is the same as the KKK, is the same as the American Indian Heritage Foundation, is the same as the Black Panthers, is the same as the United Negro College Fund.

Do you really consider a group that helps hildren get educated the same as a group that will string you up because of the color of your skin?

If so, you are lost, friend.

I think you are the one not getting the point.

Any group that is for helping one race is racist. I don't care if they are for helping black children, Native American children, White children, Yellow children or Brown children.

A group that is for one race of people is racist. Therefor they are equal.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

Yeah, tell that to the New Black Panthers. That is who I was referring to.

My fault I wasn't clear on that.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Any group that is for helping one race is racist. I don't care if they are for helping black children, Native American children, White children, Yellow children or Brown children.

I get what you are saying, the problem is, it is untrue.

Racism is the disparaging of another creed, or race. Being FOR a race is not racism. Being AGAINST a race IS racism.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Oh? That's new to me...Ok, i stand corrected.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well I guess I should send a letter to my prime minister to start building a fence to keep people south of the border out. This could only happen in democratic countries, never in a place like Mexico. I hate those proud to be greater then you people.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I get what you are saying, the problem is, it is untrue.

Racism is the disparaging of another creed, or race. Being FOR a race is not racism. Being AGAINST a race IS racism.

You are referring to Racial Discrimination.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, racism is a belief or ideology that all members of each racial group possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being either superior or inferior to another racial group or racial groups.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You are referring to Racial Discrimination.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, racism is a belief or ideology that all members of each racial group possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being either superior or inferior to another racial group or racial groups.

So, please explain how a group that helps african americans go to college is saying that group is either superior of inferior.

This should be good.

[edit on 5/29/2009 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Oops, good post! Sounds like she might be getting ready to kiss her career goodbye. I don't think she will sit well with a lot of people, including many hispanics who tend to be very conservative voters.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Cautiouslypesimistic, you seem to think that La Raza is just a nice Latino organization.
Tell me, just what is it that you do not understand about their agenda?

Did you even read the excerpts from their publications as posted on page 1 with the link to source?

Such as: Health and Family Support: NCLR collaborates with a variety of organizations -- state, local, and national -- to promote "reform" that would give illegal immigrants full access to taxpayer-funded health care services

. ." NCLR also supports the DREAM Act, which is designed to allow illegal aliens to attend college at the reduced tuition rates normally reserved for in-state legal residents.

" Gutierrez, an open borders advocate who founded La Raza Unida, has stated, "We have an aging white America ... They are dying. ... They are sh---ing in their pants with fear! I love it! ... We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him."

It seems to be that it is Truth has become = to hatred.
Truth is hatred to those that hate the truth.

It is politically correct to be highly critical of truth when it reflects badly on another race.
This statement, "We all bleed red" has got to be one of the the most meaningless of mantras in the mind numbing agenda of Politically Correct ness.
Truth is that rabbits and rats and snakes all bleed red.
Remember that next time you are tempted to repeat this nonsense.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by OhZone]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think that Congressman kept his assertion a bit inaccurate for a few reasons, mostly that he would receive some sort of retribution.

I will say it, though. The "La Raza" and "Aztlán" movements are not akin to white supremacy, but rather Zionism. "La Raza" is the political arm, whereas "Aztlán" is the militant arm.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

What the hell are you talking about? Mexicans don't come here to "bully the Americans". Do i really need to tell you what all immigrants come here to America for? WOW. u are a smart one!!

[edit on 29-5-2009 by muzik]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I have never said they were just a fine and dandy group. However, they do some VERY good things for their community.

My point in all this (and I realize i did get off on a tangent a little, for that I apologize) was simply to point out that the whole reason this statment was made, and is gaining publicity, is as propaganda.

As I said, it is no coincidence that they used the KKK to compare them to, even though there really is no correlation between the two groups.

It is just another attempt to separate people.

Also, I can hardly fault anyone for grouping together when they are being repressed.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Sotomayors membership in 'La Raza' ('The Race) is called a 'Latino KKK' by Rep. Tom Tancredo.

[edit on 5/29/2009 by FlyersFan]

Hey Flyer...If Tom Tancredo is saying that Sotomayor is a member of a right wing hate group...then it must be true since he is an authority on the matter.

He is the honorary CHAIRMAN of Youth for Western Civilization

... the belief that Western civilization is superior. The SPLC is currently monitoring YWC to see if it deserves to be listed as a hate group in the future. Faculty and students at colleges with YWC chapters have expressed concerns that "Western civilization" may in fact be a euphemism for "white civilization".

YWC opposes multiculturalism and affirmative action on college campuses and supports a return to the study of, and pride in, "western culture".

en.wikipedia.org...

* In his youth as a student he was a vocal supporter of the Viet Nam war. In 1970 after Tancredo's student deferments ran out, he appealed his 1-A draft status, which would have put him at the top of the list for draft eligibility during the Vietnam War. Tancredo was then given a 1-Y status, which put him at the bottom of the list after he reported that he had been treated for mental illness as a teenager.

...you got love it. A loudmouth and a coward..like most men of his ilk.

* He was considered such a right wing nut job that Karl Rove banned him from the white house...how far right do you have to be to have Karl Rove ban you from the white house?

* During a 2005 radio interview ...Tancredo responded to a questioner asking about the hypothetical U.S. response to a nuclear attack on U.S. cities by al-Qaeda, by saying that one possible response would be to retaliate by "taking out" Muslim holy sites (specifically, Mecca) if it were clearly proven that Islamic terrorists were behind such an attack

He is an IDIOT, COWARD and a RACIST ...it is a wonder given the current state of the GOP that they haven't elected him chairman.

So when he says La Raza is like the KKK...well, you know what I think of his opinion.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Cautiouslypesimistic, Yes, they do good for their own kind.
They also want the Southwestern half of the US to be given back to Mexico.

And the benefits that they desire for their own are all being done with this in mind.
They are the fastest growing group of invaders in the US.
How long before they are the majority. Less than 10 years is my guess.

No, they do not compare to the KKK or any other group in the US.
They are in a class of their own and openly subversive to US interests.

If you read their literature you will see that they have no intention of assimilating.
They have full intention to remain separate, while using us and abusing us..

“Also, I can hardly fault anyone for grouping together when they are being repressed.”

****Uh, repressed? Did you mean oppressed?
If they didn’t come here in the first place, they wouldn’t be oppressed.

Why don’t they put their energies to making Mexico a better place?
Because they are being funded by some of our very own elites who are hell-bent on taking the US down; all the way down.

So why should we want one of theirs in a high office in the US?
Well, why not? We have a whole crowd of subversive duel citizens running our government now don’t we?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join