It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikipedia bans Church of Scientology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

That's true. They could be having associates signing online from completely different IPs, but I am assuming that they've been having problems with certain ones, constantly, so they're blocking those specifically. I am not sure what good it will do if the Church really doesn't want some of this information out there, then they'll try there damnedest to do so.

And might I note, they're not banning any articles ON Scientology, just the editing of said articles by these certain IPs.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Wait till it gets dark and look up buddy... or is that just some image the gov't placed above us like in the truman show...? I hope you being humorous..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

Oh no, the universe is one of the most awe-striking elements of life, that the majority of people tend to ignore. It's highly important to life on earth. How can it not be?

Most religious people see space and the universe as evil and demonic. But it's and extremely remarkable and breath-taking view on how little we know about everything.

I base my life as well on astronomy and the discoveries to be had in the universe, although it's quite unfortunate that what of those discoveries are made, we only get a handful of information on them. I'm sure there are far more things to know about space and the universe than we're being told.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It is impossible to prove anything in life because we are the observers of it all.

Ever heard anything about quantum physics? Scientists are now baffled at the fact that everything we thought was true is not. By being the observer in experiments, these researchers are manipulating the outcome of things.

This goes to show that everything is theory and nothing is pure fact.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Scientology is sooo bizarre. We all know it's a dangerous cult.

from Urban Dictionary -

Interbulate

word which was made up by the late L. Ron Hubbard (the former leader of a crazy cult called Scientology), and the word does NOT exist in ANY real dictionary. But in the brainwashed scientologist mind, it has the meaning of: interfering, interferance with members of the church.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Lets call Scientology what it is. A cult.

Doesn't matter who's trying to subvert Wiki, it's not right. Rewriting history is is the act of a desperate movement, devoid of truth, honesty and conviction.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by undefy.gravity

well said, I just lost my entire post so I am slightly annoyed... maybe i'll respond later.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

a cult isn't a word..

2nd...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I heard that they also buy gross amount of books that the founder wrote on Scientology. They buy them up so the book gets on the bestseller list.
Greta Van Sustern's husband is a scientologist and I think she is as well.
Can you believe it Greta as a scientologist?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Good topic

Glad to hear that wiki cracked down on those nuts ! My opinion is that they are DANGEROUS cult members.

This should give everyone a good idea of what is behind scientology

In the late 1940s, pulp writer L. Ron Hubbard declared:

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion"

www.xenu.net...

This is actually what scientologists believe;

according to Scientology founder and science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard, the dictator of the "Galactic Confederacy" who, 75 million years ago, brought billions[4][5] of his people to Earth in DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked them around volcanoes and killed them using hydrogen bombs. Scientology holds that the essences of these many people remained, and that they form around people in modern times, causing them spiritual harm.[1][6] Members of the Church of Scientology widely deny or try to hide the Xenu story.[7][8]

These events are known within Scientology as "Incident II",[9] and the traumatic memories associated with them as The Wall of Fire. The story of Xenu is part of Scientologist teachings about extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in Earthly events, collectively described as space opera by Hubbard. Hubbard detailed the story in Operating Thetan level III (OT III) in 1967, warning that this material was "calculated to kill (by pneumonia etc)[sic] anyone who attempts to solve it."[10][11]

The Xenu story is part of the Church of Scientology's secret "Advanced Technology",[9] normally only revealed to members who have already contributed large amounts of money.[12] The Church avoids mention of Xenu in public statements and has gone to considerable effort to maintain the story's confidentiality, including legal action on the grounds of both copyright and trade secrecy.[13] Despite this, much material on Xenu has leaked to the public via court documents, copies of Hubbard's notes, and the Internet.[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

Here are a few videos that sum up how dangerous scientology is:
Notice in both of the videos, when the person on camera gets excited, they start a blinking pattern with their eyes.

Notice how they deflect when they can't answer the questions put to them and fall back on their "what are your crimes", mantra.
And toward the end, you'll notice Larry, Curly and Moe trying to intimidate and scare the camera man by getting right in his face.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by jfj123]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Those videos are ridiculous. I bet it it would be a bit awkward working with Tom Cruise. He seems outrageously edgy.

All the videos I've seen of these people, when they're talking, it's almost as if it's not their own words. It's as if they're reciting a script that they've been brainwashed into saying or believing. They are nervously rash, it seems. Every statement they make sounds like a quote from one of Hubbard's books. (which most of them are)

Also, the fact that they are believing in a religion established by a pulp 'fiction' author should be a good enough reason to see it's just some bogus cult.

He wrote fictional books, his religion is fictional. (as most religions seem to be, anyhow)

Off topic a little bit, but it seems that most religions are based on faith, right? Although when someone says they have faith in other alternative ideas, for example alien existence or the Big Bang, etc., the majority of religious followers are skeptical, thinking that these ideas are illogical and don't fit in with their beliefs. What's absurd about this assertion is that only THEIR beliefs are plausible and the other not, when they are both based on pure faith, not fact. It makes no sense.

How can anyone have faith in a book, for example, the Bible, when it's gone through a vast number of persuasive and manipulative hands, surely being tampered with to put in place a grand opportunity for persuasion.

Just a thought.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish
reply to post by mithrawept

a cult isn't a word..

2nd...

Eh?

Cult • a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

Sounds like a definition of Scientology to me.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I am an Atheist, but must say I find the hypocrisy of people against scientology to be abhorrent. Scientology may be a cult full of kooks, and christianity is not? Both are equally dangerous, equally power hungry, equally devious in their indoctrination of children, etc etc etc. To see one religion/cult singled out an attacked simply because 'the cult of christianity is a norm in society' is complete rubbish.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

You're right, they're all cults. They're all starving for power and world domination.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
You guys would not be supporting this if they were comming after your religion. The logic behind this is anything good posted about the scientology is viewed as making it "pro-scientology" anything posted against it is "informative". Many of the comments on this thread would not be tollerated if the same thing was said about black or jews. And it is funny that the Terms and conditions prevent me from posting neo-nazi propaganda but when it comes to scientology anything goes, and do not even tell me that it is different in anyway.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spageeths

Wow...just wow. Brainwashed morons revealing to the world their inner beings. Absolutely ugly.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

"All IP addresses owned or operated by the Church of Scientology and its associates, broadly interpreted, are to be blocked," read a statement on Wikipedia,

so not just the church it's associates too.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Amen to that!!! I've been wary of the Scientology Cult for many years. A so-called religion, founded by a sci-fi writer on a dare, who cynically stated that he could do so and make big bucks on it. He was right about that.

The keepers of their faith have gone to extreme measures in order to protect their trade secrets and to squash any criticism. I read somewhere, which told of rattlesnakes being left in the mail boxes of critics. Nowadays, they use their wealth and hire high power law firms to silence any opposition.

It boggles my mind in how a cult can get away with such hughe pyramid scheme.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by undefy.gravity
reply to post by jfj123

Off topic a little bit, but it seems that most religions are based on faith, right? Although when someone says they have faith in other alternative ideas, for example alien existence or the Big Bang, etc., the majority of religious followers are skeptical, thinking that these ideas are illogical and don't fit in with their beliefs. What's absurd about this assertion is that only THEIR beliefs are plausible and the other not, when they are both based on pure faith, not fact. It makes no sense.

How can anyone have faith in a book, for example, the Bible, when it's gone through a vast number of persuasive and manipulative hands, surely being tampered with to put in place a grand opportunity for persuasion.

Just a thought.

Wow, do I know you from somewhere?

lol

I've actually made that very same argument to people before when this type of discussion came up. Especially the part about the way the bible has been manipulated throughout the ages.

I will be watching your future posts with great interest.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You have to be insane in the membrane to belive Scientology. the only real thing that is remotely believable was the fact that there were ailens.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by The Killah29]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join