It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikipedia bans Church of Scientology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Mack

That's not true.

I support no religion, therefore I would not be offended. You can't deny that they're an off-the-wall organization. And if I could find an intense artical on the extensive underground works of the Christian church, I surely would post it. I think the fact that we rarely see those type of threads is because they're associates are so good at hiding what they do.

When was the last time you heard the Christian church being banned from a website?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
To me Scientology should be given the same rights as any other religion.If they are banning this they should ban Christianity,Islam and every other religion as they are all on equal footing as far as im concerned.The only difference is the time in which the books were written.

Christianity=Cannot be proven to be true/false
Islam=Cannot be proven to be true/false
Scientology=Cannot be proven to be true/false

All the same,therefore should be treated the same.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Solomons]

You are assuming that they are a religion.. That is false.
They were contrived to be a religion to escape FRAUD convictions.

see Scientology is NOT a Religion

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by undefy.gravity

That's not true.

I support no religion, therefore I would not be offended. You can't deny that they're an off-the-wall organization. And if I could find an intense artical on the extensive underground works of the Christian church, I surely would post it. I think the fact that we rarely see those type of threads is because they're associates are so good at hiding what they do.

When was the last time you heard the Christian church being banned from a website?

I can deny they are an off-the-wall organization. They are not an off-the-wall organization see i just did it.
I think the whole concept of B&ing a church from anyplace is the very definition of discrimination.
Wikipedia is very bias against the church and has been for a long time. Look at the references on the scientology article. It is mostly anti-scientology news stories,books and web pages. Now look at project chanology's references, same story. They even have an article called Scientology controversies then have the nerve to put

The neutrality of this article is disputed. Please see the discussion on the talk page. Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved. (February 2009)

on the top of it. Now is there an Anonymous/Project Chanology Controversies article? Nope, even though the group has phoned in death threats, vandalized my church, made bomb threats and sends faxes that the T&Cs of ATS will not let me describe. But yeah the church edited its own page watch out.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seataka

On January 19, 1983, in Founding Church of Scientology of Washington, D.C. v. Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation, the United States District Court, District of Columbia, ruled: "The Church of Scientology must be treated the same as any established religion or denominational sect within the United States, Catholic, Protestant or other."

On January 30, 1985, in In Re Karl-Friedrich Munz, the Stuttgart District Court ruled: "[The Church of Scientology's] purpose in this world is considered to help man in his striving for spiritual freedom and to completely free him from problems and burdens to reach total freedom in order to recognize himself as a spiritual being and experience the existence of a Supreme Being...."

In Hernandez v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue, on June 5, 1989, the United States Supreme Court found as follows: "Scientology was founded in the 1950s by L. Ron Hubbard. It is propagated today by a mother church in California and by numerous branch churches around the world. The mother church instructs laity, trains and ordains ministers, and creates new congregations.... Scientologists believe that an immortal spiritual being exists in every person. A person becomes aware of this spiritual dimension through a process known as auditing.... The Church also offers members doctrinal courses known as training. Participants in these sessions study the tenets of Scientology and seek to attain the qualifications necessary to serve as auditors.... Scientologists are taught that spiritual gains result from participation in such courses."

And in Italy, in the case of State v. Eight Defendants, the Trento Court of Appeals made the following finding: "Scientology ... has the target to achieve an inner and outer freedom, one that transcends the human, one that belongs to the field of spiritual things, and that moves up to infinity; indeed, the progress toward realization of the eighth dynamic force -- concerning Infinity and God -- actually is the characteristic that describes Scientology as a religion and as a church."

[edit on 30-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Honestly, the point of the matter is this...

Regardless if they are a religion or not, (it seems that any group of people with enough power and money can be 'deemed' one, because all it allows is a tax exemption) this church has done some bad things in its time, including its founder and many of its followers.

The reason France is trying to charge them in court in the first place because they have committed fraud and mislead people into giving them loads of money...

The latest case centres on a complaint made in 1998 by a 33-year-old woman who said she was approached by a group of people outside a Paris metro station who offered her a free personality test and a later meeting to interpret the results. Over the following months, she said she paid 140,000 francs (£17,000) to the Scientologists for courses, books, medication, and "purification packs"

Judge Jean-Christophe Hullin ruled that the Scientologists' operational centres in France, its "Celebrity Center" and its bookshop, along with seven church leaders should be tried for "organised fraud" and "illegally practising as pharmacists"..

Celebrity Center? Come on.

Church of Scientology faces fraud charges in France

Here's another example where they were dealing with criminal charges in Belgium two years ago.

Investigators have spent the past decade trying to determine how far Scientology went in recruiting converts after numerous complaints were filed with police by ex-members alleging they'd been the victims of intimidation and extortion.

Church of Scientology faces criminal charges in Belgium

One last one, just for fun.

A Brief History of Scientology in Clearwater

Oh! I almost forgot about their cruise ship.
Freewinds

If you want to be all for an organization who thinks it is alright to manipulate many innocent and unknowing people into paying a bunch of money for some wacko tests, advancement into a higher state of mind, rejuvenating 'packets', and science fiction books, to say the least, then go right ahead.

I am just not drinking the koolaid, sir.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by undefy.gravity]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by undefy.gravity

I bring this up time after time. The church has a VERY CLEAR refund/repayment policy and it is put up in a public place in every church. The church will return ALL money promptly on request, you will never see that document "leaked" on any website because it kinda ruins the whole stealing money thing. Why would they NOT want to give the money back? A trial and all the legal fallout that comes from not refunding is much worse.

on france:

In its 2000 annual report by the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom, released by the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor of the U.S. Department of State, it was reported that "The ensuing publicity [by the release of a parliamentary report against "sectes"] contributed to an atmosphere of intolerance and bias against minority religions. Some religious groups reported that their members suffered increased intolerance after having been identified on the list."

In its 2004 annual report by the same commission it reports that "[...] official government initiatives and activities that targets "sects" or "cults" have fueled an atmosphere of intolerance toward members of minority religions in France. [...] These initiatives [the publication of reports characterizing specific groups as dangerous and the creating of agencies to monitor and fight these groups] and are particularly troubling because they are serving as models for countries in Eastern Europe where the rule of law and other human rights are much weaker than in France".

And germany is known for its long standing practice of freedom of religion.
Germany just does not want anyone screwing with their church tax i guess it is just a way of getting rid of the competition.

I read that history of clearwater it should read something like "A crappy list of bad things that have to do with scientology around the world". The church sounds pretty win i mean they pulled off all these "operations" infiltrating the FBI and harassing the IRS and the church still exists today.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by itappearsthatway

Yeah, that's pretty wild. An influencial person as herself would be a good addition to the Scientologist team

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Good i'm happy, co$ needs to be censored, it's false.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Mack
You guys would not be supporting this if they were comming after your religion. The logic behind this is anything good posted about the scientology is viewed as making it "pro-scientology" anything posted against it is "informative". Many of the comments on this thread would not be tollerated if the same thing was said about black or jews. And it is funny that the Terms and conditions prevent me from posting neo-nazi propaganda but when it comes to scientology anything goes, and do not even tell me that it is different in anyway.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by The Mack]

We're not talking about different ethnic backgrounds, we're not talking about a religion but a dangerous cult.

Read the tenants of scientology and still tell me anyone is being unfair.

The Suppressive Person Doctrine makes Scientology a hate group, and makes SPs, although they comprise more than two and a half percent of the planetary population, a persecuted minority. Because Scientology teaches that Scientologists are a new master race – “homo novis” or “homo scientologicus” [6] – and that SPs are a component of an inferior race – “homo sapiens” or “wogs” [7] – the Suppressive Person Doctrine is a racist ideology.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17fa5c5c2d95.gif[/atsimg]

People who attack Scientology are criminals.

— L. Ron Hubbard, LRH ED 149 INT, 2 Dec 1966, "Branch 5 Project, Project Squirrel"
Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her crimes, known and unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes exist. Because they do.

— L. Ron Hubbard, HCOB of 5 November 1967, "CRITICS OF SCIENTOLOGY"

www.xenu-directory.net...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

That's not true.

I can deny they are an off-the-wall organization. They are not an off-the-wall organization see i just did it.
I think the whole concept of B&ing a church from anyplace is the very definition of discrimination.
Wikipedia is very bias against the church and has been for a long time. Look at the references on the scientology article. It is mostly anti-scientology news stories,books and web pages. Now look at project chanology's references, same story. They even have an article called Scientology controversies then have the nerve to put

The neutrality of this article is disputed. Please see the discussion on the talk page. Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved. (February 2009)

on the top of it. Now is there an Anonymous/Project Chanology Controversies article? Nope, even though the group has phoned in death threats, vandalized my church, made bomb threats and sends faxes that the T&Cs of ATS will not let me describe. But yeah the church edited its own page watch out.

Ok so I must ask, are you a scientologist?
Either that or you simply don't know anything about the cult.
My suggestion is that maybe you should read posts here to catch up a little on scientologies practices.

Operation Snow White was the Church of Scientology's name for a project during the 1970s to purge unfavorable records about Scientology and its founder L. Ron Hubbard. This project included a series of infiltrations and thefts from 136 government agencies, foreign embassies and consulates, as well as private organizations critical of Scientology, carried out by Church members, in more than 30 countries;[1] the single largest infiltration of the United States government in history[2] with up to 5,000 covert agents.[3] This was also the operation that exposed 'Operation Freakout', due to the fact that this was the case that brought the government into investigation on the Church.[3]

Under this program, Scientology operatives committed infiltration, wiretapping, and theft of documents in government offices, most notably those of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Eleven highly-placed Church executives, including Mary Sue Hubbard (wife of founder L. Ron Hubbard and second-in-command of the organisation), pled guilty or were convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. The case was United States vs. Mary Sue Hubbard et al., 493 F. Supp. 209 (D.D.C. 1979).[4][5][6][7]

Operation Freakout, also known as Operation PC Freakout, was a Church of Scientology covert plan intended to have the US author and journalist Paulette Cooper imprisoned or committed to a mental institution. The plan, undertaken in 1976 following years of Church-initiated lawsuits and covert harassment, was meant to eliminate the perceived threat that Cooper posed to the Church and obtain revenge for her publication in 1971 of a highly critical book, The Scandal of Scientology. The Federal Bureau of Investigation discovered documentary evidence of the plot and the preceding campaign of harassment during an investigation into the Church of Scientology in 1977, eventually leading to the Church compensating Cooper in an out-of-court settlement.

In the spring of 1976, the Guardian Office leadership decided to initiate an operation with the aim "To get P.C. incarcerated in a mental institution or jail, or at least to hit her so hard that she drops her attacks." The planning document, dated April 1, 1976, declared the aim to be "[t]o remove PC from her position of power so that she cannot attack the C of S [Church of Scientology]." [5]

In its initial form Operation Freakout consisted of three different plans (or "channels", as the Guardian's Office termed them):

1. First, a woman was to imitate Paulette Cooper's voice and make telephone threats to Arab consulates in New York.
2. Second, a threatening letter was to be mailed to an Arab consulate in such a fashion that it would appear to have been done by Paulette Cooper (who is Jewish).
3. Third, a Scientologist volunteer was to impersonate Paulette Cooper at a laundrette and threaten the President and then the Secretary of State Henry Kissinger. A second Scientologist would thereafter inform the FBI of the threat.[5]

Ultimately, Operation Freakout was never put into effect. On June 11, 1976, two Scientology agents—Michael Meisner and Gerald Bennett Wolfe—were caught in the act of committing attempted burglary at a courthouse in Washington, D.C. as part of the Guardian's Office's ongoing Operation Snow White. The Guardian's Office was preoccupied for the next year with attempts to hush up the scandal, even going to the lengths of kidnapping Meisner and holding him incommunicado to prevent him from testifying.[5] The Church sought to bring a quick end to the dispute with Cooper in December 1976 when it proposed to settle with her, on condition that she was not to republish or comment on The Scandal of Scientology and agree to assign the book's copyright to the Church of Scientology of California.

On July 8, 1977, however, the FBI raided Scientology offices in Los Angeles and Washington, D.C., seizing over 48,000 documents. They revealed the extent to which the Church had committed "criminal campaigns of vilification, burglaries and thefts ... against private and public individuals and organizations," as the U.S. Government prosecutor put it.[5] The documents were later released to the public, enabling Cooper and the world at large to learn about the details of Operation Freakout.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is what's known as the tip of the iceberg.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by jfj123]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I bring this up time after time. The church has a VERY CLEAR refund/repayment policy and it is put up in a public place in every church. The church will return ALL money promptly on request, you will never see that document "leaked" on any website because it kinda ruins the whole stealing money thing. Why would they NOT want to give the money back?

Ever see an infomercial at 2am ? They ALWAYS promise to give 100% of your money back, no questions asked.....Do you know how many of those people who don't get their money back even though they asked? Do you know how many of those infomercials are in trouble for not giving money back?

You ask, why wouldn't they give it back? Because they want the money. Simple as that !

So how far up are you in scientology?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Also, on another note, I think that the symbol for the Scientology 'religion' (cult, more or less) looks a bit masonic to me; with the S representing a serpent figure, and then of course, the triangles or pyramids.

Maybe that's just me, but what are your thoughts?

It's strange, but people tend to express desires/inner most thoughts around me a lot. It's almost as if they're on camera or recording a pod cast for later viewing with friends. Enough about me.
These Scientologists, which have been prominent around me at times since my University days back in the early 1990's tend to express strong disbelief in anything except 'profit margin'. That is, they'll tackle any subject, to make a sale of a book or connection with a business leader.

With Tom Cruise doing that movie remake 'War of the Worlds' and what ever phenomenae it is about me that digresses abnormal speech, these "scientist-of-log-" gave an abstract one day. Happened to be a show of aggression. They were looking for 'hard stuffs' to sale at a scrap yard. Now, these were scientists, PhD level. Watching a violent episode, and they wanted to lay claim to whatever would bring the most from those that were possibly injured, what have you; for sale. Pitiful. What's that got to do with aliens or science, nothing!

Pure and simple, they make sales. Lower life form interested in filling their pockets.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

There is one major difference between other major faiths and Scientology.

In Judaism, Christianity and Islam, salvation comes from outside one self. The believers of these faiths try to serve the world to serve God. These faiths teach its believers to be good to others. Or at least try to.

Scientology, salvation comes from within, self improvement. Screw everyone else and just take care of yourself. The week should be discarded and destroyed.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eyecatching

There practices are utterly astounding. I don't see how anyone can't see through their deceitful manners and profitable schemes.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I was just about to post some of that, thanks for making a point.

As for their operations against the government, what they were trying to do was get rid of documents and records pertaining information on the church that clearly showed they were an evil, corrupted cult.

And with regards to their return policy, how many religions do that, either? You can never trust someone who has to make a point in saying that they'll return your money if you're unsatisfied...

Ok so I must ask, are you a scientologist? Either that or you simply don't know anything about the cult. My suggestion is that maybe you should read posts here to catch up a little on scientologies practices.

You know, I've been wondering the same thing this whole time, but I didn't really want to 'go there', with assumptions that he just may possibly be one. Because it seems to me that he knows enough about Scientology and its return policy, that it seems he's here to try and stop the slander.

But I guess I will ask,
Are you an associate?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here's a bit of information about scientologies
Fair Game Policy

This is the much talked about 'Fair Game' policy in Scientology. Is this an ordinary church that we should just let go about its own business?

Here is the text from the original policy letter (emphasized by me):

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex

HCO Policy Letter of 18 October 1967,
Issue IV
Remimeo

PENALTIES FOR LOWER CONDITIONS

(Applies both Orgs and Sea Org)

LIABILITY Suspension of pay and a dirty grey rag on left arm and day
and night confinement to org premises.

TREASON Suspension of pay and deprivation of all uniforms and insignia,
a black mark on left cheek and confinement on org premises or
dismissal from post and debarment from premises.

DOUBT Debarment from premises. Not to be employed. Payment of fine
amounting to any sum may have cost org. Not to be trained or
processed. Not to be communicated or argue with.

ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by
any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the
Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

LRH:jp L. RON HUBBARD
Copyright (c) 1967 Founder
by L. Ron Hubbard
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

This is an actual letter from l. ron hubbard himself. If the leader is corrupt, how can the organization be anything but corrupt as well.

Please pay particular attention to this part

ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by
any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the
Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

Notice that l. ron's letter doesn't even mention, "within the bounds of the law". He implies the only law a scientologist should be concerned with are the rules within scientology itself.

When brought up, they often try to change the subject and for example attack you, asking what criminal acts you have on your conscience or if you are payed by the drug cartells or something. According to Scientology all critics of Scientology are criminals, that's why they are critics. Nice logic. This is only standard Scientology tech, it's part of the training they have payed a fortune to learn. Hubbard said so, period.

So when someone here supports scientology here, and attacks those who don't, I try to keep this in mind.
www.xenu.net...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Here is a contract you had to sign to get out of scientology.
Notice where they threaten you in the contract?

I personally got a copy of the course manual "PTS/SP COURSE - How to Confront and Shatter Suppression" as printed by the cult in 1989. This extract is from page 128 and shows that not even the wording was really changed after all:

If there is no agreement to be audited and the student who is found
to be a suppressive person will not respond to A to E (because student
has blown and can't be found or because the student flatly refuses), the
student is considered terminated.

A waiver or quit claim is given or sent the student stating

Date _____________

Place_____________

I, __________________________, having refused to abide by the Code of
(name and place of org) do hereby waive any further rights I may have as
a Scientologist, and in return for my course fee of _________________, I
do hereby quit any claim I may have on (name of org) or any Scientologist
personell or any person or group or organization of Scientology.

Signed_________________________________________________

2 Witnesses_________________________________________________

Only when this is signed the student may have his course fee
returned, but no other fees as he accepted that service.

The ex-student should realize this makes him Fair Game and outside
our Justice Codes. He may not have recourse of any kind beyond refund.
And after signing can only return to Scientology as per policy on Fair
Game.

The part I find of particular interest is:

The ex-student should realize this makes him Fair Game and outside
our Justice Codes. He may not have recourse of any kind beyond refund.
And after signing can only return to Scientology as per policy on Fair
Game.

Here is where they actually threaten the student in writing. Refer up one post and read about their "fair game policy" to see how the ex-scientologist will be treated.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Here are some quotes from l. ron

"Show me any person who is critical of us and Ill show you crimes and intended crimes that would stand a magistrates hair on end."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Bulletin, 4 April 1965

This is where l. ron decides that if you are a critic, you are a criminal.

"Somebody some day will say this is illegal. By then be sure the orgs [Scientology organizations] say what is legal or not."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 4 January 1966, "LRH Relationship to Orgs"

So l. ron's goal is to make sure scientologist have so much power, they will control the government.

"If attacked on some vulnerable point by anyone or anything or any organization, always find or manufacture enough threat against them to cause them to sue for peace."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 15 August 1960, Dept. of Govt. Affairs

Is he advocating BLACKMAIL ????

"The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than to win. The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional decease. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly."

- L. Ron Hubbard, A MANUAL ON THE DISSEMINATION OF MATERIAL, 1955

I think this evil thought process speaks for itself...The goal is to destroy enemies "UTTERLY".

"ENEMY SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 18 October 1967

[SP = Suppressive Person a.k.a. critic of Scientology]

Notice a theme anyone?

"A truly Suppressive Person or group has no rights of any kind and actions taken against them are not punishable."

- L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 1 March 1965, HCO (Division 1) "Ethics, Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists"

So good ole l. ron thinks that his word is higher then that of the Constitution of the United States of America?

"They smell of all the baths they didnt take. The trouble with China is, there are too many chinks here."

- L. Ron Hubbards diary, 1928. (Jon Atack, A PIECE OF BLUE SKY: SCIENTOLOGY, DIANETICS AND L. RON HUBBARD EXPOSED. Lyle Stuart/Carol Publishing Group 1990)

Wow ! racist much l. ron????
I guess you only get to improve yourself if you're white. Heil Hubbard !

"In any event, any person from 2.0 down on the Tone Scale should not have, in any thinking society, any civil rights of any kind, because by abusing those rights he brings into being arduous and strenuous laws which are oppressive to those who need no such restraints."

- L. Ron Hubbard, SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL, 1989 Ed., p. 145 [The "Tone Scale" is Scientologys measure of mental and spiritual health.]

Again, attacking personal freedoms.

"There are only two answers for the handling of people from 2.0 down on the Tone Scale, neither one of which has anything to do with reasoning with them or listening to their justification of their acts. The first is to raise them on the Tone Scale by un-enturbulating some of their theta by any one of the three valid processes. The other is to dispose of them quietly and without sorrow."

- L. Ron Hubbard, SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL, p. 170

Is he now advocating murder???

www.xenu.net...

Before anyone decides to support this organization, they really need to know what it's about. These are quotes from the person who created scientology and if he is this corrupt, how can the whole organization not be just as corrupt???

Great thread by the way OP. Keep up the quality work

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Here are some more priceless l. ron quotes:

"A Venezuelan dictator once decided to stop leprosy. He saw that most lepers in his country were also beggars. By the simple expedient of collecting and destroying all the beggars in Venezuela an end was put to leprosy in that country."

- L. Ron Hubbard, SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL, p. 171

Here, l. ron seems to believe that the mass murder of poor people is ok.

"Unfortunately, it is all too often true that suppressors to a creative action must be removed before construction and creation takes place. Any person very high on the Tone Scale may level destruction toward a suppressor."

- L. Ron Hubbard, SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL, p. 159

More comments from l. ron about how it's ok to destroy someone who has a different opinion then him and scientology.

"Im drinking lots of rum and popping pinks and greys."

- L. Ron Hubbard in a 1967 letter to his wife, written during the period when he was creating Scientologys secret "upper levels." (Bent Corydon and L. Ron Hubbard, Jr. a.k.a. Ronald DeWolf, L. RON HUBBARD: MESSIAH OR MADMAN? Random House 1989)

Looks like l. ron was a drug addict as well. This also explains all the stupid xenu crap he came up with.

"THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CONTROL PEOPLE IS TO LIE TO THEM. You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way you can control anybody is to lie to them."

- L. Ron Hubbard, "Off the Time Track," lecture of June 1952, excerpted in JOURNAL OF SCIENTOLOGY issue 18-G, reprinted in TECHNICAL VOLUMES OF DIANETICS & SCIENTOLOGY, vol. 1, p. 418

Excellent so here he more or less admits to lying to all scientologists
A confession that scientology is a scam

"Scientology...is not a religion."

- L. Ron Hubbard, CREATION OF HUMAN ABILITY, 1954, p. 251

Really?

"Benzedrine often helps a case run."

- L. Ron Hubbard, "The Intensive Processing Procedure," 1950

["Run a case" = administer Dianetics or Scientology procedures to someone]

So l. ron advocates drugging someone to make them more susceptible to suggestion.

Benzedrine is the trade name of the racemic mixture of amphetamine (dl-amphetamine). It was marketed under this brandname in the USA by Smith, Kline and French in the form of inhalers, starting in 1928. Benzedrine was used to enlarge nasal and bronchial passages and it is closely related to other stimulants produced later, such as Dexedrine (d-amphetamine) and methamphetamine.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
That's funny about L. Ron's endorsement of using speed. I was a crystal-meth addict for many years, and one of the guys who worked at my favorite head shop was always trying to convince me to go check out the Scientology center in San Francisco.

He was a really nice guy and all, but I had no interest in getting sucked into L. Ron's cult. Furthermore, I imagined myself going to an introductory meeting with the guy, and having the other Scientologists try to make small-talk by saying, "So, where do you two guys know each-other from?"

I couldn't very well respond by saying, "Oh, he sells me glass pipes, which I use for smoking methamphetamine."

But now I see that this may not have been as big an issue for them as I would have thought. Probably their main issue would have been that every dime I spent on crystal meth would have been one less dime in the church coffers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join