It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikipedia bans Church of Scientology

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
That's funny about L. Ron's endorsement of using speed. I was a crystal-meth addict for many years, and one of the guys who worked at my favorite head shop was always trying to convince me to go check out the Scientology center in San Francisco.

He was a really nice guy and all, but I had no interest in getting sucked into L. Ron's cult. Furthermore, I imagined myself going to an introductory meeting with the guy, and having the other Scientologists try to make small-talk by saying, "So, where do you two guys know each-other from?"

I couldn't very well respond by saying, "Oh, he sells me glass pipes, which I use for smoking methamphetamine."

But now I see that this may not have been as big an issue for them as I would have thought. Probably their main issue would have been that every dime I spent on crystal meth would have been one less dime in the church coffers.

By the way l. ron makes it sound, they provided it free of charge.
What a great church huh?

On a side note, I'm really surprised that a church rep hasn't trolled this thread lately.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undefy.gravity

In response to OP, the symbols used by Scientology are taken from the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. From what I've heard, Hubbard was Aleister Crowley's secretary and one point and the cross Scientology uses is the Golden Dawn's cross.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I am an ex-scn/ex-Staff Member. Thank god Wiki is banning them!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Most of the accepted contributions or updates over on Wikipedia have IP addresses that lead to dot.gov employees. There is no doubt in my mind why Wiki refuses to accept any corrections from the Church of Scientology.

I tried to post what I know and I'm a Presbyterian only to be attacked and discredited. Of course I was backing Hubbard.

[edit on 11/03/2008 by Skydancer]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by flightsuit
That's funny about L. Ron's endorsement of using speed. I was a crystal-meth addict for many years, and one of the guys who worked at my favorite head shop was always trying to convince me to go check out the Scientology center in San Francisco.

He was a really nice guy and all, but I had no interest in getting sucked into L. Ron's cult. Furthermore, I imagined myself going to an introductory meeting with the guy, and having the other Scientologists try to make small-talk by saying, "So, where do you two guys know each-other from?"

I couldn't very well respond by saying, "Oh, he sells me glass pipes, which I use for smoking methamphetamine."

But now I see that this may not have been as big an issue for them as I would have thought. Probably their main issue would have been that every dime I spent on crystal meth would have been one less dime in the church coffers.

By the way l. ron makes it sound, they provided it free of charge.
What a great church huh?

On a side note, I'm really surprised that a church rep hasn't trolled this thread lately.

Damn, if only I'd known that when I was "sick" and "in my disease!"

Maybe my buddy at the head shop was just trying to help me save money on my habit? Shoot, if they were handing out free dope, I woulda been their most zealous recruit! I woulda shown up every day, playing a tambourine and saying, "Praise L. Ron, brothers and sisters, praise L. Ron! Say, uh, have you got any of that holy sacrament for me today? I could really use some, 'cause I've really been under attack by lots of Thetans lately..."

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The vatican does the same kind of editing. Wikipedia can you please ban them too?

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With
The vatican does the same kind of editing. Wikipedia can you please ban them too?

There is a big difference between a valid religious belief system and a cult (business) profiteering from the suffering of others.

As far as I am aware, the Vatican doesn't harass, abuse, assault and victimise all those who say a bad word about it. They don't plan to destroy modern medicine to replace it with their own quack system of "vitamins" and they don't have children in labour camps.

While I would thoroughly enjoy a world without any organised religious system, the Cult of Scientology is a dangerous one and I appreciate every action taken to stop the spread of this disease.

Now, I just wish regional governments would take a stance like France and Germany. They both see the Nazi-like systems and refuse them. The UK needs to do this post-haste.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With

There is a big difference between a valid religious belief system and a cult (business) profiteering from the suffering of others.

As far as I am aware, the Vatican doesn't harass, abuse, assault and victimise all those who say a bad word about it. They don't plan to destroy modern medicine to replace it with their own quack system of "vitamins" and they don't have children in labour camps.

While I would thoroughly enjoy a world without any organised religious system, the Cult of Scientology is a dangerous one and I appreciate every action taken to stop the spread of this disease.

Now, I just wish regional governments would take a stance like France and Germany. They both see the Nazi-like systems and refuse them. The UK needs to do this post-haste.

*Should i remind you of witch hunts? and more modern cases such as paying off the kids priests abuse?
*They don't plan to destroy modern medicine? - mm, aren't they the ones anti-stem cell research?
* they don't profiteering from the suffering of others? should i remind you where the pope lives, or where he goes to the toilet? well i will remind you, he lives in a golden castle and goes #2 on a golden toilet.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What are the Pope's crimes?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Hahaha, that's perfect.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thankew, thankew....!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I have been quite successful at avoiding Tom Cruise movies... because of his association with Scientology. I find that scientology is a predator religion. Something that preys on people who are needy for some kind of sanctuary, and robs them blind. Not to mention the fact that they don't even care if the public knows it.

I think I may grab about 100$ of Monopoly money, and a set of "old man's balls" Jackass II, and head out to see if I can find a Scientology recruiter.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
In my opinion Scientology is a complete bunch of sh*te.

I can't believe so many people follow it. They are brainwashed and can't even see it!

I love how in every video you see, a reporter gets harassed about his 'previous crimes'. They also have a tendency, with anyone that speaks out against their 'religion' (CULT) to just speak over them, and repeat themselves.

I feel sorry for them to be honest, not in the way you'd think, in a 'you can't see how brainwashed and idiotic you are' way.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Good. Trolling is wrong. If you really want to convert people to your beliefs, you need to sit down with them and discuss it. Not overflow them with ridiculous information out of nowhere.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Scientology is disgusting and makes me sick its one of my personal most disliked "religions" and I don't like most religion except buddhism and a few others, but thats more philosophy than religion in my opionon. And yes l ron did just make up a bunch of garbage and wrote a book about it and all these rich celebs... etc bought it. I don't understand why because I've tried to read a book of his before and hes not even a good sci fi writer, so I have no idea how people believe his stuff as fact.

Also I believe I read somewhere that one of l rons hubbards friends admited that back in the 50s or so l ron said to him something like "A good way to make money would be to start my own religion" and then lo and behold all of a sudden comes scientology. Disgusting. I've also read that just to basically join them you have to pay huge sums of money and you have to purchase certain books (and I'm not just talking about hubbards books that you can buy in any store, I read there are some like "manuals" or something that are thousands of dollars) or something from them (I don't know if this is actually true but I've read it in a lot of different places, and I believe it). What a scam, it so sad that in this day and age people are still falling for this type of stuff. Scientology is a filthy cult, thats all it is, point blank.

And I'm not a hateful person but you scientologist's DISGUST me. I've read its perfectly acceptable in your "church" to hunt down, harrass and even murder people who speak out against your religion. Disgusting. I read one horrible case about some scientologist who tortured and drowned some poor women I think in florida or something. And he didnt just happen to murder her supposidly he was ordered to kill her and it was over something scientology related. Look up the story I've seen it all over the net, I just can't remember the womens name right now. DISGUSTING wastes of sperm and egg some of you scientologist's are.

And by the way I'm not picking on scientologists I have a problem with all religion, its just scientology is what we are discussing here.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by jouseroni]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spageeths

Yeah, I've actually watched a couple of videos with some Scientologists harassing this gentleman by the name of Mark Bunker. They make some ridiculous statements about this man, (like molesting children?
) and they don't even know him, personally. All they're doing is bashing him for not having faith in their cult.

Have a watch yourself.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by spageeths]

Those wackos in this video seriously make me feel physically ill. This is disgusting. Like i said in another post its PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE and ENCOURAGED by this "church" to harrass and attempt to put dirt on the names of people who speak against scientology. Seriously disgusting.

(post by JollyAll removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join