It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should there be an ATS plan, in case the SHTF? Like a survivors colony?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
When TSHTF is not the time to start making new friendships with people you met online. My family and a group of close friends and their families already have plans, places, supplies, defense, transportation, and communication set up. A self sufficient community is essential, and I don't see a group who never met in person beforehand doing that.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CONTACT

An apartment/condo on the 8th floor is not defensible. Now, if it's possible to get all the residents of the building on the same page, and form a mutual defense/support pact, you might have a small chance. Otherwise it's really a small matter of just burning the building down. Of course, any defense would rely on the availability of arms. I don't know about Hong Kong/Chinese laws, but there are many countries where the private ownership of arms is illegal, and arms are not openly sold.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It seems in that situation, knowledge beforehand would be the best defense. Areas of knowledge like:

- Organic Agriculture
- Creating Fuel (Methane Digesters, small hydro-electric generators,...etc.)
- Foraging skills
- People to people skills (Be nice to others)
- Tailoring
- Hunting, Fishing and Trapping
- Navigation without electronics
- Carpentry
- Home Construction

There are many more, but any of those in a SHTF scenario would greatly add to yours and the people around you's survival-ability.

Just a thought... but then again, thought creates our reality ;-)

[edit on 31-7-2009 by flysse]

[edit on 31-7-2009 by flysse]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Okay, maybe this would work?

1.) Guns...lots of guns. Any kind, since no one would be watching the stores we could get A LOT of firepower.

2) Beef Jerky, Peanuts, foods that last VERY long. The rest we can get in the wild.

3.) All who are located in the US and neighboring countries head to Canada, (preferably below the Yukon.). A lot of room and great hunting.

4.) Time to play the waiting game.

P.S - Bring extra ammo.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Sooner_Than_I_Thought]

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Sooner_Than_I_Thought]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sooner_Than_I_Thought

I don't know where you are now but Canada gets real cold in the winter which by the way can last for 4-5 months,bring something warm.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
I honestly don't know. Based on what I've seen on this site, we'd all rip each others heads off within a week.

I just wouldn't see it working. Though it would be lovely if it could.

We'll just build a big Thunder Dome for all the troublemakers. "Gulag, Gulag, Gulag"

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think this would be an excellent idea ;D But i would rather stay with just a few individuals that i trust. Some people are smart and could really help turn this country around, but their crooked , And Greedy. Not everyone On ATS is different from all the ignorant kind of this world. So I guess Im Saying Be Careful.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
i think we should petition the ATS owners/operators to create an area of the website where you can look up fallback (SHTF) locations in your county. if someone sees a really good place, they can add it and people will be able to access a brief summary of the pro's & cons (defensible, fortified, well stocked, etc.)

just my two cents

[edit on 9/30/2009 by vyrox]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
perhaps if we do the website "go here if it hits the fan" idea, we could have a section where it details "this skill needed here" or "this item needed here" based on number of people at that shelter, and a sign-up list with a list of your skills so that if someone needs your skills, they can invite you to their shelter.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

We wouldn't last that long.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hello, ATS

Been a while since we spoke about a back up plan. I'm still a firm believer that something bad will happen. The problem is...I drive a big truck now so...if things go south for America or our world...finding a place to set up camp, so to speak, would become difficult. I drive all over the USA so...man, this is difficult cuz its kinda like trying to ask to get invited to someones party. I'm just gonna throw it out there. Maybe someone will bite. Lemme know if you can help out a trucker.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join