It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should there be an ATS plan, in case the SHTF? Like a survivors colony?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by imeddieone4202003
Just an IDEA:

-An ATSer Might Post their general location (Me: SouthEastern Wisconsin)
-Any other member in that general area interested start u2u that poster
-Using u2u share potential locations that may be appropriate for different scenarios
-When a general plan is reached inform all members who have responded to the OP
-Next start informing others of your specialties/skills which may be helpful to the colony
-Inventory what supplies, seeds and weapons each may provide

Like i said, just a rough idea off the top of my head....

[edit on 29-5-2009 by imeddieone4202003]

I'm in Hong Kong & Shenzhen. Send me a u2u.

Since I am in big city, may I ask why everyone is talking about going to countryside? What's wrong if I stock up on canned foods & water inside my home on 8th floor? Is it easier to protect my family inside an 8/F apartment? After I used up food & water, is it still better if I go out alone for food & water and then go back to them instead of a unfamiliar countryside place for my family? My son is just 6 months old, do we need to take all the things with us moving to countryside? Pls kindly advise. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You could waste time on a plan, or

A. Just die like everyone else if it happens

B.Get on with life like everyone else if it doesnt happen.

I know which one im choosing, do you?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
What I mean is, should the worst happen in 2012, or there's WW3, or a huge natural disaster, leaving pockets of human life dispersed throughout the world, should we have a plan?

Like in the movie "I am Legend", where the lady and the child are going to the survivors' colony, should we all agree to meet somewhere?

I reckon ATS'ers have as good a (if not better) chance of making it through any global upheaval, and if it's the type that really does bring mankind to its knees, should we have a rallying point?

Maybe one in every country, then an international one, what do you reckon?

[edit on 28-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

I'd say if the internet stays intact then formulate a new site or thousands of sites in case anyone gets shut down in order to meet up again and be able to still share all of this info......

There is a lot of really mind blowing stuff on this site and would be a shame if it all went away and was lost forever.....

Good thing for us , most of the info on here does not originate from here but comes from outside sources.......

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Careful, you might be flagged on this list for trying to organize.

They're watching.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
plan beforehand every community will be re-introduced to a resource born lifestyle you need seeds livestock and ppl that don't wack it all day. i think you may need protection as well

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well if the SHTF I think I'm initially prepared. If my area goes into a lockdown I've got a pretty "Beefed up" Olds 442. Run flats, inch thick pig iron through out, hardened Plexiglas windows, 2 extra 16 gal fuel cells in the trunk, as well as a 200 shot of spray
always have a GTFO car ready for what ever comes up. and there's a mountain near me with a nice cave system just in case. wouldnt be hard to stay connected to the outside world since theres a power station 700 yards away. so yeah haha heres hoping I never have to initiate operation preservation bravo

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Perhaps I'm simply overly-paranoid, but I wouldn't exactly trust anybody from ATS to live in a commune setting if the SHTF.

Seems like there are some very "interesting" characters on here, which I only add to. Since so many can barely have discourse with others through Internet posts, I'd hate to see what attempting to live with them would be like.

I'm preparing...but I'm preparing for my wife and I alone.

I just don't trust others beyond our immediate and extended families at this time.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by MOFreemason]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by John Taylor

Mate you sound like you have it all figured out, makes my few supplies n stuff sound grossly inadequate! How long have you been prepraring?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
about a year really.. when i was younger me and some friends would always hang out on the mountain or in the caves, the power station is fairly new and as for the car, My dad used to be a cop and hed always talk about how people could never get away in a car.. so it was a long standing bet that I couldn't build a car that could get away. needless to say I lost the bet.. untill I put the spray on the car lol

On the police training course... nothing illegal

[edit on 15-6-2009 by John Taylor]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I never really believed that there will be an end or a catastrophy but I also felt that it wouldn't hurt to be prepared incase those conspiracy came to fruition.

I have about 6 months worth of dehydrated meals for a family of four. PURE water powerd to convert nearly any water into drinkable water. 1000 rounds of my 30/06 (hunting), 1000 rounds for my 30/30 (hunting), 500 rounds for my 6.5mm (hunting), 500 rounds 12gauge (hunting) 3000 round for my Cougar 9MM (self defense), 5000 rounds for my AR-15 (self defense), 250 arrows for my 75lb bow.

I have w wordrobe for all weathers for all my family already in water proof travel containers and I keep 4 5 gallons gas cans full because the gas stations will be flooded in TSHTF.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

I never really believed that there will be an end or a catastrophy but I also felt that it wouldn't hurt to be prepared incase those conspiracy came to fruition.

I have about 6 months worth of dehydrated meals for a family of four. PURE water powerd to convert nearly any water into drinkable water. 1000 rounds of my 30/06 (hunting), 1000 rounds for my 30/30 (hunting), 500 rounds for my 6.5mm (hunting), 500 rounds 12gauge (hunting) 3000 round for my Cougar 9MM (self defense), 5000 rounds for my AR-15 (self defense), 250 arrows for my 75lb bow.

I have w wordrobe for all weathers for all my family already in water proof travel containers and I keep 4 5 gallons gas cans full because the gas stations will be flooded in TSHTF.

Ah man, I have work to do, work to do. I think I'll have to join forces with someone.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

"These fireball data together with astronomical observations of larger near-Earth asteroids define the nature of the impact hazard and allow rational planning to deal with this issue," Morrison said.

Scientific data now censored from public and scientist.

ATSer folk know something about this.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
When TSHTF, everybody in California meet at.. Wait nevermind, this would be a bad place to be. Too many oceans nearby x.x .

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
If anyone wonders why I choose the Imperial Sugar Factory:

Tallest building in a few miles
Has it's own silo
next to a lake
Next to open fields
Next to major road way
Already surrounded by barbed wire fences
Enough room for a good number of people
Easily defended
many other reasons

Ive done my homework!

Don't forget that there's a prison nearby for the insubordinates and the Sugar Land jail. Oh and the 24 hr. Walmart. J/K!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is a great question, but I fear we would all drive one another crazy. We ask too many questions, argue over the answers and then unlike here, we wouldnt be able to log off and would probably kill each other, lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

Would you be selective in allowing people into your "group" ie would you want those who could work as hard, were relatively healthy,brought something to the table in terms of skills and abilities???

We have a group that is already discussing these things. We have property west of Katy and could probably accomodate around 10-15 people easily - more not so easily.

One of our first discussions was about your question. Our initial invitation list will be based on those that we believe can get along with everyone and provide a skill to the group. We would offer short term shelter to others. However, for long term, they would have to be able to offer something to the group.

It would be wonderful to be able to help everyone but if they cannot contribute in some fashion you would be recreating the government image that we currently have - hands always out without returning anything.

The contribution does not necessarily have to be physical or in the form of supplies. Mental contribution is important as well.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wow, ... you guys are really prepared, ....... sooooo, if the stuff doesnt hit the fan what then ??? ..... I say potluck.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cheshire cat

and the airport, sam's and the corp park on Hwy 6. Seems to be a lot of us on this site!

Second line - faked me out and looked like two lines.

[edit on 6/24/2009 by TXTriker]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

LOL you sound like my Fallout 3 character!

All jokes aside, I wish I was as prepared as you...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I want Kansas!
I am biding right now for a former missile silo complex that the government doesn’t want any more. I really hope I win it I doubt it thoe, can you imagine what would happen we are imo paranoid and with that inherent quality well can you imagine a colony of paranoid people livening together omg and the invertible power struggle.
Can you say welcome to the thunder dome?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join