It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should there be an ATS plan, in case the SHTF? Like a survivors colony?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What I mean is, should the worst happen in 2012, or there's WW3, or a huge natural disaster, leaving pockets of human life dispersed throughout the world, should we have a plan?

Like in the movie "I am Legend", where the lady and the child are going to the survivors' colony, should we all agree to meet somewhere?

I reckon ATS'ers have as good a (if not better) chance of making it through any global upheaval, and if it's the type that really does bring mankind to its knees, should we have a rallying point?

Maybe one in every country, then an international one, what do you reckon?

[edit on 28-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I call leadership and organization of the Houston Colony.

Meet at the Imperial Sugar Factory when I give the signal.

+12 more 
posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You really want all ATS members to meet and live in our own colony?

If that happened I predict we would kill each other within a month.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
I call leadership and organization of the Houston Colony.

Meet at the Imperial Sugar Factory when I give the signal.

Great Tentickles, now they know where we are going and they'll probally be waiting for us.

The only thing worse would be if someone suggested one of the FEMA camps as a meeting place.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think the OP's suggestion is mildly interesting however,I will be VERY selective about whom I will be sharing my life with should the worst case scenario happen.
I do believe that some who post here are very unique and would be great to team up with in an emergency...like all people,however,there are also those whose need for drama and attention would be a liability...

I think if/when the time comes that small splinter-groups of like minded people with a clue and a cause will be springing up.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
No way. I'm not talking about where I'd be going or what I'd be doing ... or what I'd be bringing with me ... online. Sorry ....

(well ... folks here probably wouldn't let me in on where the big hidey hole place is anyways. I'd drive 'em nutz if we had to all hide out somewhere together.
)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I second Houston Colony.

It's nearby....

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Do not fear, I give you one reason why I should be included.

BYB. Brings You Beer.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
I think the OP's suggestion is mildly interesting however,I will be VERY selective about whom I will be sharing my life with should the worst case scenario happen.
I do believe that some who post here are very unique and would be great to team up with in an emergency...like all people,however,there are also those whose need for drama and attention would be a liability...

I think if/when the time comes that small splinter-groups of like minded people with a clue and a cause will be springing up.

I agree with you, particularly when you refered to smal splinter-groups of like minded people. I think for most the obvious choice would be teaming up with your immediate and extended family members. Unfortunately, and I'm sure I'm not alone, most of us probably can't stand some of our family members

What's ironic though, and in all seriousness, these type of suggestions are going to start becoming more prevelant in our day to day thoughts.

Personally, I am in a very bad delimna now - My father, brother, and myself are enlightened to alot of the BS that is going on behind our backs in the world today, however, my mother (who I love deeply) cannot accept that there is more to the world than what is reported on CNN. We're actually planning an intervention of sorts this weekend on her. Hopefully all goes well.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I honestly don't know. Based on what I've seen on this site, we'd all rip each others heads off within a week.

I just wouldn't see it working. Though it would be lovely if it could.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I am not worried about ats if the poo hits the fan.
I will be a bit too busy.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I imagine that most of us will probably end up running across each other in the wilderness (those of us that can get out of the major metropolitan areas before total lockdown, that is). I only ask that you announce yourself and your intentions first and I promise to not fire blindly nor wildly... I'd much rather talk to you and see if we can trade/help each other out/share info than shoot you, or anyone else for that matter.

And if you have Twizzlers with you when we cross paths... YOU ARE MY HERO!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuiltyByDesign
I imagine that most of us will probably end up running across each other in the wilderness (those of us that can get out of the major metropolitan areas before total lockdown, that is). I only ask that you announce yourself and your intentions first and I promise to not fire blindly nor wildly... I'd much rather talk to you and see if we can trade/help each other out/share info than shoot you, or anyone else for that matter.

And if you have Twizzlers with you when we cross paths... YOU ARE MY HERO!

Good thought!!!

Ok so here's how it goes....challenge/password (Above Top Secret/Deny Ignorance):

1st ATSer, "Stop who goes there?"

2nd ATSer, "Don't shoot I'm a fellow ATSer!"

1st ATSer, "Advance forward to be recognized."

2nd ATSer approaches with caution.

1st ATSer, "Above Top Secret!"

2nd ATSer, "Deny Ignorance!"

1st ATSer, "Welcome to the camp, you may enter."

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'd be more interested in a way ATS members could contact each other if ATS itself went down.

The way things are going with thought crime laws and domestic terrorism etc etc, it only takes one slightly radical post on ATS to pique the interest of TPTB and they may take steps to bring the website down.

I know Springer and SO have said before that they would do their darnedest to stop this from happening, but in some situations they may be powerless.

It is harder than you think to reconnect with forum membership if the website disappears.

I was a member of a 10,000 + strong forum around 5 years ago and one day the website suddenly disappeared. It just didn't exist any more. I have never been able to contact anyone from the site since, not from a lack of trying.

So an 'If ATS goes down...' plan should be created methinks. As others have said, if the world is really ending then people will have bigger worries than forum buddies.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I third the Houston Colony, but you may have to vie w/ me for leadership.

It is near for me as well, though I wouldn't want to be in/near a major city like that during the SHTF times.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Haha, I hadn't even considered the possibility of 'secret handshakes' or anything like that. Pretty ingenious.

But this all brings up another question to me... I wonder how many people will be able to escape into the wilds when the initial SHTF? I live in the outlying suburbs of a mid-sized city myself. Funny thing is, when I moved there I wasn't 'aware' like I am now. My wife and I moved there since there's no crime in the area to speak of and it's quiet. The more I think about it, the more I'm certain that something led me to buy my house there.

Anyways... thoughts on numbers? Do you all think we will see a large number of people escape chaos/martial law, or are we looking at very small percentages of people remaining free?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i've often thought about this. how could we get a means of communication out if ATS goes down?

without stepping on the toes of the TOS, it would be a good idea to start a blog somewhere and pass the URl around to all members interested. that way, even a peer-to-peer scenario could be set up to reconnect users if the official "internet" is down.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I got no problem going to a FEMA camp,
1) well stocked with many essentials
2) somewhat fortified, and I can make improvements as I see fit
3) if things get as bad as some say, I'll be there by myself, anyway

Thanks for the idea!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just new to this site ,have been visiting on and off scince 9/11,still can't belive what happened that day . I have always thought that it's only a mater of time before TSHF,
I have no idea when just that it will...

As far as meeting up after that would be nice but impractical ,movement in almost any scenario will be difficult to say the least.Better be ready too bug out way before the S storm .

When meeting strangers in the aftermath of some sort of catastrophe i would be wary , for me, beter to hook up with like minded folks in my area.
Moved out of a big city a few years ago to a pretty rural setting most people around here aren't consp. thereoists and aren't sitting around waiting for a disaster , but when it all happens i wouldn't want to be anywhere else very real types practical , and level headed.

I guess I'm not cynical enough yet but like I said I'm new here ,and think most of the folks here are pretty nice if there was a way to meet up after, some of you would be amazing company on the road in the hills or wherever although it sounds like Housten is starting to fill up.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Interesting you feel the need to rule!

Guess that's part of the human nature that will lead to the downfall in the first place.

What's wrong with co-existing as a hive collective consciousness?

Check out my uTube sig link Cpt.mf_luder, it may enlighten you and other Obama successors.

Extropian singularitarianism ftw

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join