It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD: Korea Showdown - Latest News and Updates.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

Why is 4th largest funny? Just wondering...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by really

In answer to your asking.
Having the worlds fourth largest and the US troops being a spread thin
with other duties.Its clear why the US military would not want a land war.
Laughing at the BS that is coming out to get support for what I would call a
cowardly attack to NK.

[edit on 3/6/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
what if they fire this long range issile?? more sanctions??...attack??

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

When you have read a few of the other posts that I have put in the previous
pages,then I will gladly reply.
But then if you do read them then you would see the answer to what you ask.

I mean no offence just a pointer to a newish fellow member.
Its a bad habit we all have done Im sure when first joined,replying without fully reading the thread.The anwsers more often than not would have already been posted.
Another tip for a long thread is to see which members name/avatars appears
constant in a page/pages.That can make it easier to follow and to allow you to miss out the one off mostly not to informative posts.And yes
we all do that now and then.

[edit on 3/6/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Article from earlier today.
Still using the same titles as with previous articles.
The long not short range one this time.

NK preparing long-range missile launch

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic

gee maybe you should get into a phonebooth and fly back to Gallifrey. What do you think NK is doing with Nuclear Weapons, Long-Range Missiles? NK signed the treatment of banning all nuclear weapons. And now they starting producing some and in the very same time they testing long-range missiles which ARE capable to transport a nuclear device to its final destination.

Stop this "produced propaganda lie" #. The World isnt a grass green plane. NK is evil, their leadership is evil. In 2003, 2 Mio. ppl died because Crazy Kim spend this money to military, rather to food. He doesnt care about his people. He want Power, he want to be feared (Napoleon Complex). He is just a asian version of Hitler.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by emergencyresponseteam]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

N.Korea patrol boat enters S.Korea waters-Yonhap

04 Jun 2009 08:31:07 GMT Source: Reuters

SEOUL, June 4 (Reuters) - A North Korean patrol boat briefly entered South Korean waters on Thursday but retreated after a verbal warning, Yonhap news agency quoted South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff as saying. It said the vessel crossed the disputed maritime border off the west coast of the Korean peninsula. It returned after the warning from a South Korean naval ship. (Reporting by Miyoung Kim, writing by Jonathan Thatcher)
Link

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
One of many little border breach recently. They want us to fire first, so they can use they nuclear bomb against us as "selfdefend"...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by emergencyresponseteam

South Korea boosts naval patrols on border.

news.sky.com...

South Korean warships are stepping up their patrols of a disputed area despite fears of triggering conflict with North Korea.

Who wants who to fire first?
I believe there is an agenda of provocation going on to get NK to
react and fire first.
Or for one of the next missile tests to be a so called attempt at first strike with the missile being taken out.
And then Im sure we all now what we'll be told.

Jounalists has been a tactic used for a few years now in the spy game so
to speak.There was another case last week.
Now this comes to the fore.

NK to hold trial for 2 US journalists

Us Journalists on trial in NK

[edit on 4/6/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Jounalists has been a tactic used for a few years now in the spy game so
to speak.There was another case last week.
Now this comes to the fore.

You have a rather odd viewpoint on this whole matter in my opinion. NK explodes a Nuclear device, performs missile testing and threatens even more and yet you view an increase in naval activity on the part of SK as "provocation?"

Hmmm...

And then you seem to believe that the US Journalists are spies, without any evidence to support the claim except the charges levied at them by NK.

Why are you so willing to accept NK's words and dismiss their clearly provocative actions?

What makes them so trustworthy in your eyes?

Pretty odd.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i agree with you night watchman

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
NKorea violates SKorean waters amid high tension

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korea said a North Korean patrol boat entered its waters around their disputed maritime border Thursday but backed off after nearly an hour following repeated warnings. A senior American diplomat meanwhile cautioned Pyongyang that its bad behavior would no longer be rewarded.

www.google.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

What I find odd,is that someone can be so quick in dismissing.
A respectful and enquiring mind would (While sat infront of the worlds biggest library of information) look to see if there is any foundation to what is said.

It seems that you haven't read this thread fully as you would have seen and have gained some insight to me knowing a little of what can and does happen and maybe not be so quick to dismiss.

You do not know me from adam,what I have done and experienced in my life,the people I have and do know.
But maybe you can see the picture differently if you re-read what I have written.Hopefully without the pre judgement and the thinking of it not possible.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Well that was very in depth.

Maybe you can also give us an in depth account of why you think there
isn't any substance to what I have written in my posts.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

What I find odd,is that someone can be so quick in dismissing.
A respectful and enquiring mind would (While sat infront of the worlds biggest library of information) look to see if there is any foundation to what is said.

I have read this thread from the beginning and quite frankly, nothing you have written would lead me to either dismiss or accept your opinion.

Let me ask you this; please explain why you don't consider NK's nuclear testing and subsequent missile tests (which are in violation of the NPT, a treaty NK signed) to be provocative?

Secondly, what information do you have that would cause you to believe NK's charges against the US journalists?

Those are two straightforward questions and I would appreciate a straightforward answer.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
There testing there weaponry just as many counteries do.
So its missiles and nukes being tested.It doesn't mean they do want to use them.
Is there any evidence that they do?

What is tested in the back yard of the US?
Weapons that are capable of killing just as many if not more people than a nuke can,without leaving a place unlivable.
Those weapons not tested for a future conflict against someone then?

Do I have information to cause me to believe NKs charges.
Yes.
But thats via a who you know way.
So if you are respectful of intelligence then we will leave it at that.

- - - - - - - -

US to impose financial sanctions on North Korea.

UKreuters.com

SEOUL (Reuters) - The United States has told South Korea it is preparing financial measures to punish North Korea for illicit weapons trade and counterfeit activities in the wake of its nuclear test last week, a newspaper report said on Friday.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
U.S. to impose financial sanctions on North Korea: report

SEOUL (Reuters) - The United States has told South Korea it is preparing financial measures to punish North Korea for illicit weapons trade and counterfeit activities in the wake of its nuclear test last week, a newspaper report said on Friday.

www.reuters.com...

North, South Korea to Discuss Industrial Zone as Tensions Rise

June 5 (Bloomberg) -- North and South Korea will hold working-level talks on their jointly operated manufacturing plants next week amid rising tensions following the communist nation’s detonation of a nuclear device last month.

www.bloomberg.com...

N.K. completes new missile site

New satellite images showed yesterday that North Korea's new missile launch site on its western coastal area has been ready for use. Sources said Pyongyang may test-fire a long-range missile in mid-June, possibly from the Dongchang-ni site. Tim Brown, a senior fellow with GlobalSecurity.org, was quoted as saying that the launch tower and what appears to be construction materials on the launch pad are seen in the images.

www.koreaherald.co.kr...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallifrey medic
There testing there weaponry just as many counteries do.
So its missiles and nukes being tested.It doesn't mean they do want to use them.

You are displaying a distinct lack of understanding of this situation with comments such the ones quoted above. Do you understand the terms of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty? So you also understand that North Korea was a signatory of that treaty?

So what you have told me so far is that you don't believe that NK's underground testing of a nuclear device, a clear violation of the NPT, was provocative action.

Your furthermore have stated that you have information that makes you believe the US Journalists were spies but you can't disclose how you know that.

Hmmm....very odd indeed.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by emergencyresponseteam

gee maybe you should get into a phonebooth and fly back to Gallifrey. What do you think NK is doing with Nuclear Weapons, Long-Range Missiles? NK signed the treatment of banning all nuclear weapons. And now they starting producing some and in the very same time they testing long-range missiles which ARE capable to transport a nuclear device to its final destination.

Stop this "produced propaganda lie" #. The World isnt a grass green plane. NK is evil, their leadership is evil. In 2003, 2 Mio. ppl died because Crazy Kim spend this money to military, rather to food. He doesnt care about his people. He want Power, he want to be feared (Napoleon Complex). He is just a asian version of Hitler.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by emergencyresponseteam]

It is in any way possible that the world sanctions against North Korea contribute to the food shortages in DPRK?

If you have ever lived in Japan or South Korea you would know that a lot of food is IMPORTED! Why, because the land is not fertile enough to grow much. Now, knowing that, how do you think sanctions effect the local people. Where do you think their food comes from if they are unable to import any?

Is it also possible that they are acting in self defence? The United States has a history of aggressive behaviour towards small sovereign nations.

There will not be a ground war with North Korea, as US Military simply does not have the manpower and the North Korea are not the ones talking invasion or war.

I am not apologizing for North Korea but I have lived in Asia for seven years and are able to view things a little more objectively.

For the record I will be visiting North Korea in August to see the Mass Games which is predicted to be last ever.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
North Korea proposes talks with south.

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea has proposed working-level talks next week with the South over a joint-factory park that is the only major link between the rival states, the Unification Ministry in Seoul said on Friday.

Reuters.com

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join