It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD: Korea Showdown - Latest News and Updates.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

No need to apologise.
The replies were made with abit of a miffed perspective but were not meant
in a disrespectful way.
Posted to inform who and how many nations were a major part in WW2.

You have my respect for what you did say in your last post.

I hope you can also take that when most of us posting say about the US,it
isn't directed at the citizens but at your government.

Of course there are a few plebs who do but they're intelligence level is still
compeating to rise above that of an ameoba.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
NK Moves ICBM to Missile Base on West Coast

North Korea has reportedly moved a long-range missile that it says it will test-launch soon following its second nuclear test to a new place.

The intercontinental ballistic missile with a range of more than 5,000 kilometers was moved from a military research center in Sanumdong near Pyongyang and is known to be headed for a base in Musudan-ri, North Hamkyong Province.

english.donga.com...

U.S. considering written nuclear umbrella pledge

During a summit meeting this month of the leaders of South Korea and the United States, there is “a high possibility” the U.S. will issue a written pledge of a nuclear umbrella over the South, a Blue House official said yesterday.

joongangdaily.joins.com...

[edit on 31-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
U.S. 'Would Try to Intercept N.Korean Missile'

The U.S. Defense Department has said it could intercept a long-range North Korean missile with ground-based interceptor rockets before it reached the U.S. mainland.

english.chosun.com...

N.Korea Declares Wide Coastal Area Off Limits

North Korea has declared a wide area in the West Sea off Hwanghae and Pyongan provinces off-limits until the end of July. It is also becoming more secretive. A South Korean government official on Sunday said the North Korean Army has reduced communications to a significant extent, "and they exchange only messages that seem essential during communications as if they are mindful of our monitoring."

english.chosun.com...

Gates Outlines Administration's Asia Security Strategy
www.australia.to...:gates-outlines-administrations-asia-security-strategy-&catid=115:headlines& Itemid=203

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Now being reported here in the west.

NK missile arrives at launch base.

A North Korean long-range missile has arrived at a launch base in the northwest of the country, reports said, amid signs Pyongyang is preparing to defy international pressure with another test

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

N. Korea steps up coastal drills amid fears of naval provocation

By Sam Kim
SEOUL, June 1 (Yonhap) -- North Korea has intensified landing exercises using amphibious vessels along its west coast, amid growing fears in Seoul that the communist country may be plotting an attack on a South Korean island, a source said Monday.

North Korea, which defied warnings and went ahead with its second nuclear test on May 25, is threatening aggression near its western sea border with South Korea.

Link

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It seems its cooling off...Im finding it hard to find any news about this topic...still though it can be a bad signal since as we may recall before any previous war the media was like shutting down the argument..like :

World War 2 - Nobody was expecting invasion
Korean Conflict - Media just shut down prior attack
Six Day War - Israelis soldiers were given a day off with family swimming..so nobody was expecting an attack the following morning

Also regarding a NUke Armed Korea my thought is this :

If DPKR tested a nuke that means they have nuke ready for firing right, you wouldnt test the only nuke you have and then start treathening.

Can you ATS memebers look if its cooling off?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I wouldn't say it is colling off, just not escalating currently.

The way i see things -

- over the next few days there will be a bit of harsh language
- end of the week or next week there will be the UN resolution
- NK will respond very angrily to this
- Few days later they will launch this ICBM they have transported to the launch site.

its very much so on a knife edge, both sides are ready for war but its unlikely to happen unless an incident sparks it off. I'm sure we will see a few shootouts but i'm not sure if this will cause a larger confrontation.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Reports: NKorea bolstering defenses, preparing ICBM

Associated Press - June 1, 2009 2:13 AM ET

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - News reports out of South Korea say the communist regime in the north is bolstering its coastal defenses and preparing to launch another long-range missile.

The Yonhap news agency reports North Korea has transported its most advanced missile to a newly completed launchpad on its western coast near China. The missile is believed to be able to reach as far as Alaska or Guam.

The news agency also reports that South Korea is scrutinizing an intelligence report that the North has ordered troops in charge of the disputed western sea border and along the west coast to double their stocks of ammunition.

South Korean President Lee Myung-bak is warning North Korea against any provocation. In a radio address, he says South Korea will not tolerate Pyonyang turning "its back on dialogue and peace" and following through on its "military threats and provocations."

Lee says the North should understand that its nuclear threat to world peace threatens the regime itself.

Link

The fact NK is bolstering its forces ammunition and carrying out landing exercises (previous post) does not sound too good.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
North Korea preparing to launch long range missile.

What do you think of the headline?

North Korea seen launching long-range missile

Reuters: NK missile launch

EOUL (Reuters) - North Korea may this month test a missile designed to fly as far as U.S. territory and may also be gearing up for skirmishes with the South around their disputed sea border, South Korean news reports said on Monday.

Sky news:NK Long range missile test

The rogue state may also be gearing up for skirmishes with South Korea around their disputed sea border, the reports added.

NK seen pushing ahead with missile test

The secretive communist state was also said to be stepping up military drills near the border with the South, which is on heightened alert for a possible repeat of the deadly naval clashes seen in 1999 and 2002

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

The Reuters article's headline doesn't actually say what the article does, they haven't launched it yet. Error or deliberate?

Anyway i would say the troop reports and drills are the more significant snippet of news, even if they launch another ICBM the UN wont do anything.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
also on CNN..news confirmed :

Reports: NKorea prepares long-range missile launch

LINK = news.yahoo.com...

things not cooling off for me

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
[edit on 1-6-2009 by akkad]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

As Im sure you know its part of the propaganda game,mustering up the publics support.Like I refered to in an earlier post(The one you thought I maybe directing at you).

I've seen you about in threads,you've got my respects.

Anyway back on topic.
Also I mentioned then too that as always the majority will buy it.Hook,line and sinker.
Well its been done the same way for so many years now its included as part of
the battle plan.Ready the troops,ready the people.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Ah yeah no worries thanks, i know you didn't direct it at me.

On topic yeah that seems pure propaganda BS - i have noticed a trend of more dramatic headlines recently. Perhaps they are building this up in the event of an actual conflict. Who knows, all i know is that its a messy business.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
For our american friends.

Two articles released by the AFP for yahoo news but spot the difference.
AFP UK Yahoo article

AFP US Yahoo article

Propaganda at its finest.My apologese for having used that word so often in my posting.
When seeing it happening almost daily even here in the UK it ain't easy getting it across without actually using the word.

[edit on 1/6/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic

Propaganda at its finest.My apologese for having used that word so often in my posting.
When seeing it happening almost daily even here in the UK it ain't easy getting it across without actually using the word.

[edit on 1/6/09 by gallifreyan medic]

I see the difference in the articles but why do you classify this as propaganda? The articles were written by two different reporters which would explain the differences.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Latest News Updates:

North Korea dangers lurk whatever nuclear test result
www.reuters.com...

U.S. urges DPRK not to test long-range missile
news.xinhuanet.com...

Air Force formally announces extended Korea tours
www.stripes.com...

Fears mount that North Korea is preparing to attack the South

An imminent missile launch into the sea? An armed incursion of North Korean ships? A full-scale invasion of Yeonpyeong, the small South Korean island hard up against the maritime boundary? Too much blood has already been shed in these waters for anyone to risk taking any chances, and for the past week South Korea has been dispatching reinforcements.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

S.Korea 'not ruling out' island raid by North

SEOUL (AFP) — North Korea is stepping up naval landing exercises amid growing tensions with South Korea, which is not ruling out an attack on one of its islands, South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported on Monday.

www.google.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

More Breaking News!

US lawmakers said exploring F-22 version for Japan

WASHINGTON, June 1 (Reuters) - The Senate Appropriations Committee's defense subcommittee is considering requiring the U.S. Air Force to study the viability of creating an export version of the Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N) F-22 fighter jet, a source closely following the issue told Reuters on Monday.

www.reuters.com...

N.Korean Navy 'Steps Up West Sea Activities'

North Korea has apparently instructed naval troops in the West Sea to stockpile more than twice the normal amount of ammunition and artillery shells and staged an unprecedented surprise landing exercise.

english.chosun.com...

North Korea 'preparing to Test Most Advanced Missile'

North Korea is poised to test launch its most advanced missile, reports said today, a week after it defied the international community and conducted its second nuclear weapons test in three years.

www.buzzle.com...

North Korea’s Kim Names Third Son as Successor, Dong-A Reports

June 2 (Bloomberg) -- North Korean leader Kim Jong Il named his third son Kim Jong Un as successor and notified its diplomatic offices around the world last month, the Dong-A Ilbo newspaper said, citing unidentified people familiar with the situation.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Thank you I forgot all about this post and appreciate your comments...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Our gov't is so totally corrupt... I love my country but hate my government...
Mother can I trust the government?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join