It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White tiger kills zookeeper as tourists watch. (With protest video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
link

For all of you that ran here hoping for a video of the attack and a man dying?

Take a look at something worse...

That this animal was put down absolutely infuriates me!

IMO if that zookeepers was stupid enough to go into that cage - then too bad for him.
Justly deserved one of *us* should die after the hundredn of thousands of lions that have been destroyed to get one *White* for the public to "goo-and-gaah" over at in the zoo.

The price these animals pay is nothing but horrific.

Learn the truth!

[edit on 27-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The Truth about White Tigers

The myth of the Rare White Bengal Tiger was an illusion meant to deceive the public into thinking that these cats were endangered and being preserved for future generations. The truth of the matter is that they aren’t even pure Bengal tigers, but rather are all the offspring of an original Siberian / Bengal cross breeding.

The inbreeding results in many defects, early deaths, still births and, as could be expected, the cats are not very bright which is why they are preferred for entertainment purposes.

As for breeding tigers of any color, Ron Tilson says, “For private owners to say, ‘We’re saving tigers,’ is a lie,” Tilson says. “They are not saving tigers; they’re breeding them for profit.”

Consider this: Only 1 in 4 tiger cubs from a white tiger bred to an orange tiger carrying the white gene are born white, and 80% of those die from birth defects associated with the inbreeding necessary to cause a white coat.

Of those surviving, most have such profound birth defects, such as immune deficiency, scoliosis of the spine (distorted spine), cleft palates, mental impairments and grotesquely crossed eyes that bulge from their skull that only a small percentage are suitable for display.

Due to these birth defects the white tigers often die an early death. According to some tiger trainers, only 1 in 30 of those white cats will consistently perform.
The number of tigers that have to be produced and disposed of in order to fill the public’s desire to see white tigers on display is staggering.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It wasn't 'put down', it was shot during the attack. The man died from his wounds but the tiger was shot while the attack was happening.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Thank you, I learned something new today. This is so sad and I don't see why they don't just outlaw breeding of this kind.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Wow I cried so hard when watching that video.

It should have never been put down, it should have never been there in the first place.
Animals are not here for our entertainment, they are wild creatures who should be able to be free and live their own natural lives.
Most humans can't see this though and just don't care, it doesn't mean anything to them other then a "neat" show, or a place to take the kids.
I wish we could trap a bunch of humans in cages and make them wallow in their own filth and see how they like it.

This poor beautiful creature had to die at the stupidity and selfishness of humans.

I don't agree with what those Magicians do , but at least when their tiger attacked them they knew enough to understand that it was animal and has massive power.

What the media fails to tell people is that a lot of these attacks are simply the wild animals doing an act that they would do with a fellow animal rough housing or protecting but since they have huge power this can have a deadly outcome when they do this with a human(that they have learned and been taught to be companions with), but they don't know any better!
Most the times they think they are playing!
Like with the Magicians (i don't know their names) that animal didn't attack out of anger or rage, he knew that something was wrong with his owner, he had had a stroke on stage and he was trying to take him off the stage as you would pick up a cub or hurt animal but of course the animal didn't know his own power and hurt him badly, but it wasn't the animals pure intentions.
This is the case a lot of times, or the animal is being abused and then lashes out, or just simply acts out their natural predatory nature.
Neither is the fault of the animal, and the human that takes ownership over them should take responsibility for it, not the innocent one who had no choice in the matter.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

The problem is - as always - Money.

It pays the bills at the zoos - listed as one of - if not the biggest *crowd appeal* animal at zoos.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
s&f for you and this post.. very touching. animals should not be caged for human pleasure. Not the first time this has happened, and sadly, it won't be the last.

For the record, I'm no animal rights activist.. I hunt and fish, but I do so with a deep respect for the nature of what I am doing.

Caging animals for human pleasure should be frowned upon by everyone. It doesn't have anything to do with 'saving animals'.. let nature take it's course.. it will anyway. It's all about the profit.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

You too? I thought I was so *not* the ball baby type - until I watched this video...

Worse?

When I read how many *orange* cubs are destroyed to get one *white*.
And how many of the *Whites* are deformed, riddled with birth defects, etc.

If I was more of a PETA type I'd hope for a ban on Siegfried and Roy

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by pop_science

You too?

Guilty here as well.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Here's some pictures of a couple deformed white tigers.

I decided to edit them out and post them as links, as some might find it painful - I know I do.

Thanks for taking notice to the thread...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

Did you read the article?
Or maybe you were there and saw it happen???

The second keeper and other zoo staff tried to pull the tiger off the man but failed. He died shortly after, Kennett said.

The tiger was put down, the park said.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I for one had no idea that white tigers were not natural to the wild.i know you do get white foxes and deer.

But thinking about it you are of course correct.I had a white Alsatian,she lived ten years and most of those years she had one illness after another(cost a unbelievable amount of money on vet bills)but was the best dog ever ...almost human

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by illece

Yeah, I learned about this only a short while ago and wanted to make a thread about it, but obviously didn't.
This newest news really got the fire burning under me.

White tigers in North America are all descended from one male captured in 1951 who was purposefully bred with his own offspring to produce the first white cubs.
White coloration would be a beacon in the forest and therefore a white tiger would very rarely survive.
In addition, inbreeding causes genetic maladies like hip dysplasia in dogs or hemophilia and Turner’s syndrome in humans. According to some sources, 80 percent of white cubs die.

As for your dog, from the sounds of it you made each other very happy.
That’s the best we all can hope for.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
DIGG ATS

for original
content
more infoWhite tiger kills zookeeper as tourists watch (video)

Your claim that "White tiger kills zookeeper as tourists watch (video) is a clearly misleading hoax. (rectified by OP) Why could you have not just went with the truth? Your ideology does not outweigh "truth" and you are not justified in lying to get people to watch. The truth is that large cats in captivity are bred for a variety of reasons. Tigers are pretty to look at but are not part of our food chain. Do you show the same compassion for chickens, pigs and cattle?

[edit on 043131p://pm3108 by debris765nju]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

DIGG ATS

for original
content
more infoWhite tiger kills zookeeper as tourists watch (video)

Your claim that "White tiger kills zookeeper as tourists watch (video) is a clearly misleading hoax.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Without the *.* between the headline (directly cut paste from the article) and the word *video* I can see how it would have been misleading.

It was not my intent and has been rectified.

To answer your question.

As for other *members of the food chain* - I raise my own animals from the time their born, until I slaughter them myself and butcher, wrap and into the freezer with as little waste as possible.
Let me add I’ve NEVER destroyed an animal because it wasn't the *right color* - Nor have I interbred an animal for cosmetic reasons.

Question: What is DIGG?

Thank for the heads-up.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I don't have much to say about the person who was killed, I think it's just nature.

It is sad about the tigers and pretty much any animal that has to go through these human projects if you can call it that.

Made me think back when I was a kid, thinking how exciting it is to see animals not realizing if they were scared/unhappy in cage. I understand now and it's sad.

Thanks for your post.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you for your honesty and sincerity. I too have editted my post. I personally am against genetically engineering even though i can see the necessity for some of it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Support Video:

peace

[edit on 28-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I notice that you are very concerned with the fate of white tigers, is there a special reason for this? This in-breeding seems to create a more aggressive tiger. If this is proven to be the case, would you support a moratorium to cease breeding of captive tigers for white offspring?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

I am not answering for silo, but it seems as though he/she would.

I for one would. Any animal that does not exist naturally, should not be kept in the equation for any purpose.. that includges animals that naturally become extinct.

Sure, I know people play a huge role in a lot of extinction, and we should learn to respect what we have more.. but, animal extinctions happen at basically the same rate as they always did before humans were thrown into the realm of 'causing it'.

Let nature take its course. Humans are nature, therefore our ability to waste and squander resources is natural as well. It is only a matter of time before we are next on that list.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join