It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White tiger kills zookeeper as tourists watch. (With protest video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

What's behind the White Tiger?

Would you kill this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ecf9d70a0cd.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22c821c070e2.jpg[/atsimg]

To get That?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c6cd75261699.jpg[/atsimg]

Behind every living White Tiger - Dead *orange* cubs.
It's impossible to number how many orange cubs are destroyed to get that *one perfect* white lion cub.

Or, to know the number of white tiger cubs that are destroyed (genetic defects, etc) to get one adult white tiger.

The Royal White Tiger - Zookeepers biggest myth, lie, and perpetuator of animal GENOCIDE.

Hitler wanted blue eyes blond haired - What do you think the White Tiger is?

Educate your children, complain at the zoo.

Thank you!

[edit on 28-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

would you support a moratorium to cease breeding of captive tigers for white offspring?

Absolutely.

(IMO) All white tigers should be neutered and castrated.

The curse of this animals beauty is the perpetuation of animal genocide, cruelty, death, etc.

There is no way - especially with the economy as it is - to support all the *orange* cubs born to get that one white cub - no, they’re destroyed - even in the best of times the *orange* cubs were euthenized.

And, like I posted a bit ago - there's no way to know how many white cubs have to suffer from defects before they’re destroyed.

I’ll bring in some links (later) - Big cat rescues that are turning away big cats - (311 last month at one rescue alone). Of which those animals will hopefully be euthenized - as by the time a private owner looks to donate an animal to a rescue or zoo, the animal is already suffering.

My reasons for taking up this *cause*? Hmmm... Maybe I’ll post that some day - but not at the moment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92d402c94ae5.jpg[/atsimg]

Me and a few of my *friends*...

peace

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blind.face

I am not answering for silo, but it seems as though he/she would.
I for one would. Any animal that does not exist naturally, should not be kept in the equation for any purpose.. that includes animals that naturally become extinct.

Thank you...
As for my Silo13 name?
Think *sigh-low* - I’m not a man, I’m not 13 and I’m not a big round building used to store stuff.

As for your quote above - Agreed...

White Tigers would never have survived in the wild.
I don’t like animals in zoos as it is, but what goes on behind scenes with the Whites, well, you can see how I feel about that.

As for all animals that would have gone extinct in the wild - not to be kept in zoos.

I’m not really sure how I feel about that but you’re probably right - a cage is a cage...

I guess I just don’t equate *suffering* to a smaller animal kept in a zoo in a large natural as possible envirnment - to Big Cats being caged.

Call me a hypocrite I guess! LOL

Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

peace

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Thank you...

No, thank you..

To be honest, I have never really put much into any cause such as this. You have opened my eyes, and I thank you for that.

I have always loved animals, and had the typical ones for pets. I prefer dogs, while my wife prefers cats (We both love animals).

I guess I've never really gotten into causes like this because where I was born and raised- anything deemed 'animal rights' by the locals (in SE Georgia) is automatically considered liberal.. which is funny considering the fact that Conservatism has long since had a deep respect for nature.

As I stated previously, I hunt and fish. Do I have to? No, I could buy my meat (and often still do (now that I live in Mexico)) but what is that? I think it is more natural to kill what I eat than to have others raise and alter it for me. I have a respect for what I kill, and have never wasted anything. I pray and give thanks for the animal.. and even a few times when I first started hunting, I would pray for forgiveness if what I had done was wrong.

The point is, I feel that too many people don't get involved with this because it is always (wrongfully) portrayed as an extreme liberal cause.. I guess that's the world we have created for ourselves, but most of the time I try not to be a part of that if I can help it.

After reading back over what I have written, I don't really see the point.. maybe you or someone else will.

Again, my wife and I both thank you for this thread.

peace indeed.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

The point is, I feel that too many people don't get involved with this because it is always (wrongfully) portrayed as an extreme liberal cause..

I’ve been very leery of taking a stand on any causes *animal related* too.
I just don’t want to deal with or be *realted to* PETA and their ilk.

For reasons I wont share here - the White Tiger cause just sunk it’s teeth into my heart and wouldn’t let go - so - I do what I can when I can to get the word out.

And yeah, I also hunt and fish and breed horses.

What I don’t do is agree in the practice of breeding animals for *show* knowing I’ll have to destroy it's brothers and sisters of a different color, or the genetically defective ones, in the process - so if hunting and fishing makes me a hypocrite, label me so.

I’m still in the middle of making a web-site related to this issue - with signatures to stop breeding of the white tigers and all - will I ever finish it?
I just don’t know.

Thanks and *Hi!* *waves High* to Mrs. Blind.Face

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

A website huh? Let me know when you finish building and I will check it out as well as mass spam some mailboxes with the linky.

I spent most of my night reading articles and personal accounts on the white tiger issue.. I must say, my heart has been touched on the deep side.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Ok will do.

Just no PETA links!

*thread in progress*

EDIT.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
A link of a video was U2U'd me by a person I'll leave nameless.

The sender asked if I *felt bad yet* for not being more *sympathetic* for the man who died.

I replied: NO.

Here's another video - actually one I found on my own as the video sent me was too long.

ok ok ok Here's the video that was sent me.
Not much different from the first one...

peace

[edit on 1-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I applaud you for standing by your true feelings on this issue and not 'giving in'.. it says a lot about a person when they can do that, and for the right reasons too.

peace indeed.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Some background the wildlife park was created by a guy with a real love for these big cats and they were kittens in his arms.

His parents however had financial control over the park and sacked him. According to the founder Craig Busch, he commented after this attack happened that his parents did not know how to run the park properly and began hiring unskilled people as keepers.

Sadly the man killed was the best of the deputy keepers, but since the removal of the parks founder there had been increasing attacks on keepers and the animals were clearly agitated.

Yes I agree that it is tragic that the Tiger, Abu was killed, but it happened in the context of trying to save the life of a keeper. The keeper was a really decent, good man.

This is the background and I hope you will take into consideration that it was probably the power struggle for control of the park which led indirectly to this tragedy.

I think the park if it had been run by founder Craig Busch would not have suffered such a tragedy.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by sy.gunson]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Thanks for this information.
Thanks to the one video I caught something about the power struggle between the Big Cat man and his mother - the park owner (co-owner).
I don’t have all the facts yet - but - I’m digging.

As for the cat being killed in the process of saving the life of the keeper - I was under the impression by the original news article and another article I read - the cat was destroyed soon after the attack not during...

I’ll keep looking into that too now that you’ve brought it up.

Thanks tons,
gracie

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Another White Tiger *Pin-Up*

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22526a07b8a6.jpg[/atsimg]

Forbes's intrepid testers used the Toughbook to crush soda cans, used the screen as a dartboard, ran over it with a Volkswagen, gave it to a tiger as a chew toy...

Never forget:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c6cd75261699.jpg[/atsimg]

peace

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

a good little info film.

and more of the reality..

[edit on 6/25/2009 by blind.face]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join