It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul names the Neo-Cons and Their Beliefs. Are You a Neo-Con?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Are you a Neo-con?

I just came across this video while browsing youtube. I have no idea what the original date of the recording that was done by Ron Paul....but this is quite interesting to say the least as he names who is who in the Neo-con movement.

Many of the names mentioned are often seen on Fox news (heh). He points out what Neo-Cons believe in.

Great video...and a bit eye opening.

This is NOT what a real conservative is. There are very few actual Conservatives left....

[edit on 26-5-2009 by David9176]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hey David you probably heard that Rand Paul is running for US senator representing Kentucky. I think its good Kentucky gets a sane conservative for once, for too long Kentucky has been overrun by religious rightwing conservatives, hopefully rand Paul will bring in a new perspective of true conservatives. Dont really see liberals getting a hold of this state anytime soon but rand Paul its good to see atleast a sane conservative for once running.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I admit I don't know much about Rand Paul other than it's Ron's son. I imagine his beliefs fall in line with his fathers but I don't really know for sure. It's definitely something I'll keep an eye on. I also have no real idea on his history as well..he's younger and doesn't have the history of consistency that his old man does as he hasn't been around long.

I did see the interview Rachel Maddow did with him..when he announced that he was running. She seems to like the Paul's quite a bit...at least it seems so. I think she sees how big of a young following he has. Other members of the GOP only wish they could get the young involved like RP has.

I know one thing...this video is something you won't see on tv!! lol

It's funny that you have a conservative calling out the imposters in his own party...and those in the media.

We need some real leaders SG. We are severely lacking in them....and it's hard for them to rise against a media that controls everything.

Our country is in such bad shape.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
(Quick reference links to most of the names dropped in the video)

Neocons:
Christopher Hitchens
Leo Strauss Chicago University
Paul Wolfowitz Received Ph.D. under Strauss
Richard Perle
Elliott Abrams
Robert Kagan
Irving Kristol God father of neoconservatism
William "Bill" Kristol Son of Irving Kristol
Michael Ledeen
R. James Woolsey
Richard "the Dick" Cheney
Donald Rumsfeld

Leon Trotsky Bolshevik revolutionary and Marxist theorist. Known for his association with the idea of Permanent Revolution, which the Neocons adhere to
Project for the New American Century PNAC (I'm sure everybody has heard of this before)
Bradley Foundation Responsible for PNAC

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I had no idea that Bill Kristol is the son of the father of Neo-Conservatism. Cripes the guy is on Fox all the time.

I've never heard of Leo Strauss...other than the fact that someone on ATS uses that name. Thanks for the links.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

No Problem. I learned a few things while compiling the links. Great video, btw, thanks for posting it. I saw a movie on this a few years ago, and it was amazing, but I can't remember what it was called. So I checked youtube, and found this 5 part documentary. I'm "thumbing" through it, minute by minute, and noticing a lot of the people in Paul's list giving interviews and talks! This definitely belongs on this thread:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
we dont call each other neo-cons. you call it evil, we call it survival of the species. you dont let rabid dogs live. you dont let almost humans live.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
hey David,

I probably wouldn't have watched this had it not been presented by you. You seem to have an annoying habit of fairness
~ kidding..... I'm kidding.

I'm not a neocon. I'm a con. I've always been a con. I want less government, and I want government to take care of military protection, infrastructure and possibly reabsorb the Postal Service, as it's been an independent corporation for some time now.

I think Ron Paul has stuck his landing again. It's really too bad that he comes off verbally and visually as a wingnut of sorts. I think almost everything he has written about has been spot on. I would've voted for him, had that been my opportunity.

By the way, I'm apparently the only person who voted for Ross Perot. Nope, nobody else, just me.......... and my Bride, she voted for him too. Just us.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

I don't call it evil I just call it stupid and corrupt. They are unnecessary.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
p.s.

I hope there will be an equally forthcoming expose about the neolibs. They scare me.

Especially since I can't define them.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

As the list implies, the neocon movement is nothing more than the American brand of Zionism. Rather than call it Zionism, the founders correctly concluded that by giving themselves the name "neocons", they would be able to bring in true conservatives to the Zionist cause. Ron Paul has been trying to expose the Zionist plot for many years, hidden in the guise of neo-conservatism. However, one of the reasons that you don't see much of the video and other related videos of the link, is because of the tactic support of Zionism by the American MSM. Of course, revealing this brings about the instant label of anti-Semetic to anyone that points this out. The truth though, needs to be told, namely that neo-conservatism IS Zionism in disguise. This is not an anti-semetic statement. It is merely the truth.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I probably wouldn't have watched this had it not been presented by you. You seem to have an annoying habit of fairness ~ kidding..... I'm kidding.

I'll take that as a compliment!

I want small government as well. I want a government that doesn't have the power to just do whatever it wants...which is what we have now and what we've had for quite a long time. I would have voted for RP as well..unfortunately i didn't know anything about him till it was far too late...and I ended up not voting at all because i didn't want to vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

I don't know much about Ross Perot..i was still pretty young when he made his run for President. But one thing I do remember...he was made fun of...LOTS.

Seems familiar eh?

As for neo-libs? lol I don't know...but many of them seem to be acting like neo-cons lately...maybe they are one in the same?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Are you a Neo-con?

Many of the names mentioned are often seen on Fox news (heh). He points out what Neo-Cons believe in.

This is NOT what a real conservative is. There are very few actual Conservatives left....

So what exactly do you consider as the determining factor behind what a "Neo-Con" truly is? The term itself means nothing more than a "Modern Conservative", and I fail to see how it thus results in some form of negative connotation.

Some of the points made in this video are in fact quite interesting, but some of them emanate from a naive understanding of the World, as well as History. Point Number 10 is a prime example of such, as TIME, and TIME again Isolationism has proven to run completely astray of logic and peace. Simply remaining "Neutral" allows for nothing less than for Evil to organize itself, make a stand, and in the process create massive amounts of destruction before it can be halted. Point Number 3 is also ill thought out in this manner as well, seeing as how it directly relates to the aforementioned.

I completely agree with limiting the centralization of Power within the Federal Government, and I am also a Strict Constructionist in the fullest sense of the term, but I do believe in the necessity of projection in regards to our MIL Power around the Globe.

BTW, as a side note, I feel that I must stand up for Charles Krauthammer. He was a matter of focus within this video, but he is a brilliant and common sense filled individual. I have quite a bit of respect for the guy.

[edit on 5-26-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Normally, I wouldn't point out a thread I posted, but this one really concerns me, because it is EXACTLY, David, what you are afraid of- big government. This news item will be the end of freedom of religion in the United States:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-5-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Ross Perot came off to some people as a rather exitable squirrel. I liked the idea of a POTUS who already had his money made, and was a successful businessman & problem-solver.

Neocon & neolib might be opposites sides of the same coin, or maybe it's the same side. Hard to tell these days. Put 'em together, what d'you call 'em? Libericon? hmmmmmmmm. Sounds like leprachaun...... pot of gold....... I think I might have something here

join