It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Bad Things Keep Happening to Me?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Life is not a rose garden. If it were it would be a farce because roses have thorns.

Right before my mother died she apologized for bringing me into this world. She said if she had known the terrible things that would happen to me during my life she would have taken my life when I was born.

I won't go over the pain and suffering I've endured because I am certainly not alone. Everyone has bad things happening to them no matter how "good" they are.

I consider pain and suffering to be character builders. What doesn't kill you just makes you stronger.

How would you ever know what was good in life if you did not ever know the bad?

ATTITUDE. Check your attitude. How you accept and work with the bad things is what makes the good so very good.

I thank God every time I open my eyes from sleeping. I should have been dead many years ago.

There are times I remind God that He promised He would not put anything on us that we could not get through. I have to remind myself that if He brings me too it He will get me through it.

Now young lady, I suggest you spend some free time visiting nursing homes or the nearest children's home.

Vacuum your mind of all negative thoughts and fill it with positive thoughts and get out in the world and help someone in worse shape than you are.

I don't know you but I love you with God's love and sure would like things to change for the good for you.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Didn't know whether to reply to this or not, but thought id put my 2 pence in. I was diagnosed with a malignant Brainn tumour aged 23, was clear for four years, after surgery, radio and chemo therapy and it returned in 2007 much worse. told i only had months to live. Its not about bad luck, its LIFE. Do you think the child born into a famished African family, complains of their BAD LUCK. # happens, its the cards your dealt, you got to play the game.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yes, we have all had disease or lost loved ones (people or pets) in our lifetime and often miss a bus, trip over sidewalks..etc etc

Sometimes it pays to instead of always walking about as a victim but to take charge of your surroundings and ask what the universe (or God/Gods) want from YOU for a change instead of always asking for something for yourself. Kinda like Karma-recycling for the benefit of the living..instead of the dead.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I always find an easy way to get positive thoughts is to acknowledge what you HAVE got. List them and then think of all the millions of people in this world much worse off than yourself and then say a prayer for them.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
My wife and I went through a bad patch of luck for a while. When she sat sobbing one day and asked why is it always raining on us, I replied because rain makes things grow.

Keep the faith, any faith will do

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jeepin4x4girl

Energy that flows outwards, flows inwards.

Think.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Jeep,

You do seem self-aware and intelligent. It's good, but it can be bad if you over think everything too much.

I believe you've had really bad luck. I've had these type of things happen to me. Just last week I had a bad day. At first, it was funny because I would try to accomplish something good (like clean the refrigerator) only to have it totally ruined (first, I spilled juice on the floor, then I dropped the eggs, then I knocked over the garbage can). Then, after feeling cursed all day and making everything I touched worse, I decided to give up and go outside to relax...I fell down the porch stairs. I cried. I limped around for days.

I know your examples are far more painful ( I have many painful experience in my life too, but I don't want to get into them right now). I know this is more than just one bad day for you.

Forget the "Secret". Total BS.

The one thing I felt helped me through really hard times was to tell myself that "today is not the same day as yesterday." I would really think about those words. I know that sounds like positive thinking, but for me it was a logical wake up. A reality I could hold onto. Because at that time, it felt like everything was going wrong. I hated getting up in the morning because I knew the day was going to be dismal.

But, I'd force myself to see that it did not have to be the same. I could leave my past in yesterday and move on.

But, mostly, I want you to know that you are not the only one who this has happened to.

I think you sound like a good person. Don't judge your future so quickly.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
why do bad things keep happening to you??

...life's trying to tell you something!

if you don't believe in karma, now's the time to start, because NOTHING can be karmically uninvolved!

now don't take this the wrong way, but you'll notice that once you start doing good things for anyone or anything, then you'll notice that you'll begin to have "good luck", because karma isn't just for bad things - good comes from it as well!

try doing nothing for yourself for a couple weeks, and only help others and be kind to any and everything, even that housefly you wanna kill (set it free!). just try it and see if good things start coming your way - give, give, give!

...follow your conscious!

[edit on 24-5-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

In Chinese metaphysics point of view, your case is probably caused by the bad "Feng Shui" of your living place because some of your family members living there also have bad luck.

If this is the main reason, the most effective solution is to move to a better Feng Shui house. Less effective way is to live in other room. In Feng Shui idea, even a house is bad, not all room insides have equal Feng Shui, some better some worse, so maybe your room is very bad and so try to move to a relatively better room.

Construction works besides a house cause an extremely bad Feng Shui effect to that house at that period. If this is the case, your luck would be not that bad when the construction works is finished.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by riverchan]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

The human brain recognizes patterns. Inorder to recognize said patterns, there has to be a point of contrast. There can't be something bright without something dim and the middle ground between the two is also nonexistent if not for the two extremes.

There aren't good or bad things that happen to anyone, just things that happen to them that are then compared to unrelated events. The things that happen to us are just the things that happen to us with which we then place the label of good or bad. In comparison to the things that have happened to me compared to how they could've went, I'd say most of it was bad even to the extent that they happened just for the sole purpose of irritating me.

Calling them bad or good doesn't change that they happened. The only thing that can come out of that is that you have a much higher bar that something has to surpass inorder to phase you as a bad event. Something that would seem to be the worse period in someone elses life might just be another notch to you that is easy compared to other things.

What we lose in easiness during the course of our lives, we gain in toughness.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Jeepin4X4girl hang in there girl, things haven't been all that bad for you. Its very nice to find out that someone else has a heart of pure gold in this world. Your heart of pure gold is worth far more than other things that other people have.

For instance, you know in your mind that you have been exceptionally good "ALL" of your life. You also know that you will be exceptionally good all of the rest of your life no matter what happens to you. You also know that you already have a spot in heaven that is waiting for you, no matter what year in lifes great voyage you ascend. You still have "a great peace" that exists within you that no one can ever touch no matter how hard they try to "F" with your life.

Your life will start to change for the better, you and I both know that.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think your threads has changed a lot of peoples minds about their own luck. I mean I was going to come here and compare my self but as soon as I started reading I was incomparable.

I do though have VERY bad luck for injuries. Somehow you would think I should not take up sport, but I did, and now I am very good Football player thank you very much. Any way, I would go as far to say I have broken most of the bones in my body, bar the ones that could paralyze me like my back and NECK!

But anyway I'm sorry I have finished complaining about myself, as to you I hope things turn out a little better for you.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Piranha]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Nobody, deserves anything. i've recently had more energy to do things after all my treatment for a brain tumour. People said I deserved a Holiday. I thought about that and thought that the child who's being bombed out of existence in the West bank, surely they deserve a holiday, not me. Don't fool yourself that by being a good person you deserve good fortune.

I took the holiday and forgot about the Palestinian problem. Being a selfish human being.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I'm sorry to hear that you have some bad luck going on, but always remember things can always get worse. Just about everyone has had everything that could go wrong, go wrong for them. I have had a lot of bad luck myself, but I refuse to blame anyone (including me) or anything else, the smelly stuff happens and it hits the fan. Life is not fair, nor does have to be. I also saw in another post that you consider yourself a good person with a heart of gold, well to me that is sort of putting yourself up as a victim. Being good or bad has nothing to do with bad luck. Have you thought about the good things that are going on? Or is it always the bad parts you focus on? No matter how hard the times get, you have to be able to take it and rise above it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Anything that happens to you in Life is attracted by you for some reason you want to experience theses things Its called Victim Mentality.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There's a mechanism in operation behind the world of thoughts and the use of the mind. I don't mean an intelligence (i.e G_D), That conditions form and disperse again, and these conditions are formed and dispersed by what you think about.

You talk to a stranger on the phone. Within a few seconds there is a picture in your mind of what they look like. How? Often it's a very accurate picture.

Thinking about history, say, something like a battle that occured in the remote past. Once you begin to search in depth, you begin to see things which weren't actually written. Where they were standing in a room. The expressions on their faces. Where they looked, and what they said in passing.

What was the light like as it came in the windows of Barney & Betty Hill's car as they drove beneath the mountain ridge?

How did it move around shaped by the shape of the windows on the back seat?

You can see it.

It's that same picturing - in the context of your own life - that "creates" the world you live in, for good or ill (as you percieve it to be).

These things are difficult to express in words, and yet they are true version of how something happened.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
When I was going through a string of bad incidents in my life someone told me "What don't kill you only makes you stronger."

I think that can be true of some people but not everyone has the will/constitution to continue on such a course.

I'm sorry for your losses and surely it can't last forever. Your whole life is about cycles. Ups and downs. We all have them and in varying degrees. You're just in a down cycle right now. It'll get better.

My "down" cycle started when I was 3 years old and my mother died. It lasted until I was in my late teens. No kidding.

Things will and do pick back up. God never puts more on you than you can handle and that's the truth.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

I would move if I were you. With all the sickness and death of pets you may be living on some government testing grounds. You maybe be living near some natural radiation or perhaps aliens are performing tests on you and your pets.

I would just pack up find a new job, maybe Florida.

Change your life it might change your luck too.

Are you psychic? I can sense that you are through this post, as I've always wanted to move out of this state for as long as I can remember. I've never been happy with the state that I'm in (not mental or physical state, but the state that I reside in). I feel bad vibes and really bad tense energy from all the people who live here, they are very rude, cold and unfriendly folks (New England hospitality at it's finest). I'm thinking of moving to Seattle, as it is more culturally diverse and I just have a gut feeling my luck would change if I lived there, or anywhere else than here for that matter. This whole state gives me a feeling of being unhappy and never feeling like I belonged here. Perhaps a move will change my luck. If that happens, even a year or two from now, I will be sure to post an update, if this move would be a solution to my problems. One good thing about this is I'm financially able to make this move to try and change my life - for that is a positive start in itself.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I don't know - but one thing I do.
Look around you at people less fortunate.
Look around at those who truly suffer.
All of a sudden your life looks a hell of a lot rosier.
Once you focus on what you have, not what you don't?
From there you can move on.

Read Dizziedame’s post.

Everyone has their own private hell they have to live with.

But like DizzieDame said:

There are times I remind God that He promised He would not put anything on us that we could not get through. I have to remind myself that if He brings me too it He will get me through it.

peace

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Blame genetics.

What is happening to you is not "bad luck" but just everything bad falling into place at the wrong time.

There are some things you can not stop...but maybe try writing a book or do some sort of inspirational speech, because after reading the hell you go through, you really do make me much more grateful for the shoes I am in.

You are the people I have some of the highest respect for in this world. The nice ones who *deserve* nothing bad, but get it all anyways. Keep on trooping. I thought my luck was bad my whole child hood and it has been taking a turn for the better...but you still have the crap cake.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join