It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You and Infinity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
It almost seems as if you're describing your concept of a supreme being.

Hey Majorion.

Maybe. But Im talking not so much about a Being, but about Being...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
[edit on 24-5-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
The laughter of creation as it ripples through time and space.

The wonder in the eyes of oldies from a local home when they are taken out to picnic by a creek in the bush.

The kindness of a poor woman giving away her family's meal to a hungry thief she finds burgling her home, knowing god will keep her and her children fed.

The voices of stately mountain ash as they sing their ancient memories.

The friendship of a feisty grey tomcat, telling me it's time I go to bed.

Love, grief, pain, anger, burnt porridge ... it's all part of the infinite.

And to recognize the infinite in burnt porridge is pure bliss...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nonthought

My minds concept of Infinity is neither a theist nor an atheist one, recognizing that both the theist and the atheist are merely two dots within Infinity, making statements on what is or is not. The hilarity of that...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hi Sky. Thanks for another thought-provoking thread. S&F for you. This board has become the reason I visit ATS.

What is my relationship with Infinity?
Like Time and Space and Consciousness and all those BIG concepts, I find it difficult to wrap my brain around the idea of Infinity. I know it's there, and every second I am in it and part of it. But really, it's much easier to make a sandwich and read a good book, you know? Of course, now that I've read this thread, the question will plague me until I'm able to answer.

So, thanks for blowing my mind. Again.

And also for this part:

Originally posted by Skyfloating
A quality of Infinity is that nothing can be removed from it and nothing added to it. So if I dislike the wall in my room there is really no use in banging my fists against it. Much less use in banging my head against it. Sure, I could get explosives and just blast the wall away...but walls would still exist and I´d come upon some other wall I dislike elsewhere.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
maybe we replace the noun "The Creator"

with a verb "The Creating"

which is never ending and probably never beginning because it is in a constant state of Recreation.

Is recreation infinite then? It must be...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonthought
Some people can handel multiple answer (open ended) as their main answer to nagging questions but for some they need things simplified so they want to have single answer that covers everything. God.

it is easier to have GOD as an answer for people who has been conditioned to a discipline. They have difficulty to change fast from one belief to another. It is easier for them to adapt to single answer belief.

For some who has seen many cultures and live with differences , they seem to adapt to infinity (science) as the way to go.

Nothing wrong with anything. All humans die like crap irrespective of what answer he adapts

You seem to waste energy on negative expressions, do not ask questions, instead answer questions yourself, by yourself, within yourself.

Do not look outward to "God", "It", the Divine One that penetrates everything and is benevolent.

For the "One" Is within.

That is the problem with Main Stream religion, to beg (pray) for physical manifestation.

Do not beg, tell, ask;

Simply STATE, BE, for 'being' is the point of the infinite apart of the whole infinity.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

for 'being' is the point of the infinite apart of the whole infinity.

exactly !!!

and isn't that what we are supposed to be

HUMAN BEINGS

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I am not sure what infinity is. However, I just popped outside, it's a cloudless night and the stars are out. How small am I in the global/solar/Orion Spur/Milky Way/universe scheme of things?

That said, without me or all of us the universe wouldn't be what it is. We all experience infinity, if it means nothing.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
this reminds of the whole fractal universe theory!

check out this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...and this post on that thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

kinda makes sense, doesn't it?!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Look at this.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

i think that my relationship with infinity is like a video game..every possible move and scenario and outcome is put into the game..
thats it realy

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

somebody once said that everything was nothing no-thing in particular ]. for everything to be something in particular it would have to be a specific thing..thus not making it all things..hence its all things not any particular thing so its nothing in particular....

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bigballs

Don't make something so simple so seemingly contrary of the basic.

Picture this: You see someone as an individual, yet they are made of trillions of atoms, you don't see the atoms as individual yet when you look close they are nanometers apart.

YET THEY ARE ONE.

Everything is one, completely.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2theC
maybe we replace the noun "The Creator"

with a verb "The Creating"

which is never ending and probably never beginning because it is in a constant state of Recreation.

Is recreation infinite then? It must be...

i would rather say that we "create" rather than "re create"..for when we create we are doing just that coming up with something new..as when we are recreating then we are doing whats been done before..the old way

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
reply to post by bigballs

Don't make something so simple so seemingly contrary of the basic.

Picture this: You see someone as an individual, yet they are made of trillions of atoms, you don't see the atoms as individual yet when you look close they are nanometers apart.

YET THEY ARE ONE.

Everything is one, completely.

replace the word "someone" with the word "god"
replace the word "atoms" with the word "humans"

now your getting closer to the truth but all good things in time my dear friend

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
S&F for you OP...
I just realized something, and what I am about to say you may have just covered... Or not... But:

I wonder if Infinity IS God - the creator... I kinda wouldn't be surprised if it were that simple (or complex).

Does that make your head hurt, guys?

Infinity could very well be the great creation. Anything else (IMHO) that says they're THE God (Bible, Koran, some other religions) I think are imposteurs... Just my opinion...

Thank you, OP, for letting me see this... But like I said, I don't know if you were talking about infinity in this case (I got the message of the OP, and I dig it), but after I read it, it just kinda hit me.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6aa3a73df2be.jpg[/atsimg]

What is your relationship to Infinity?

Infinity is Relationship.

The most intense form of Infinity that I experienced was in the company of an Enlightened Being or Siddha Guru. When I looked into His eyes I felt that He was at Infinity and that He was not an Other.

"Fear is when Love stops short of Infinity."Adi Da
Adi Da:
When there is no obstruction to feeling-attention, then what is Divine, without qualification, is completely obvious. You need not create any strategy in your attention, to invert it or to exteriorize it, in order to find the Divine. Finding God is the illusion of the sinful individual, the one obsessed with suffering. Such people are always involved in programs of finding the Deity, finding someone to sustain them, because they are being themselves only, independent, separated, betrayed, unloved. You cannot find God in that case. Where God is completely obvious, God is nothing like what you think God must be. And to realize God is nothing like what you imagine it must be.

You imagine that, since you do not realize God, or do not feel completely happy, sustained, and free under these ordinary conditions, then the realization of God must be enjoyed under other kinds of conditions altogether. ...... Have those experiences, and there is no God then either, you see, unless you are converted in your feeling-attention even in that moment. In that moment of feeling- attention, then, you realize God. But God-Realization has nothing whatever to do with those new conditions any more than with these old conditions. You become liberated from the search for conditions, attainments, goals as God-Realization, and you return to normal. Whatever conditions are to arise for you will arise for you, and you need not be the least bit concerned about them! You are finally free, in God-Realization, of the idiotic game of rising and falling with the conditions of existence.

Remain simply in that enjoyment at Infinity and forget about all the complications of the machinery of life and all your efforts to become free, and be happy. Be happy and active as love in the world. As long as this world continues, you must perform action. You will necessarily perform action, because you are action. You are only action. So be converted in this God Communion. Then your action is transformed. It fulfills the Law. It is a form of sacrifice, of love.

Be love and perform the actions of love until the universe disappears, and be willing to let it disappear. Be happy in any moment for it to disappear. Whatever satisfactions there are in the functional display in this moment cannot in any sense compare to the blissfulness of Divine absorption. Do not be strategically turned away from those satisfactions in the doubting that possesses the ego. Live as love in the form of all your relations. Living as love in God-Communion, rested at Infinity, you are not holding on to these relations any longer. You are just participating in them fully, openly, freely, happily. You are not rejecting them, but neither are you clinging to them madly, out of fear. You are perfectly happy to have feeling-attention pass suddenly in this moment to Infinity, so that everything disappears.

There is nothing inherent in you that is holding you back from Infinity. Whatever you are holding on to is your position and therefore your destiny. Whatever you are holding back from Infinity, that is what you will continue to be. That is the destiny that will repeat itself in experience. If you are capable of being feeling-attention to Infinity,.......
But my confession to you is that this Infinite existence is ultimate Bliss, the Great Happiness.

www.beezone.com...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
If you'll allow me an answer with a question (or two):

If all that you encounter is insignificant in the grand scheme of Infinity, then what purpose is there to our very existence? What is the point on trying to do anything in life if all our efforts, in Infinity, are tiny... insignificant... Nothing?

In all things, examine the counter-idea to better understand the proposed idea. Only through the paradox of understanding your insignificance may you truly come to appreciate the simplest pleasures in life.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Can you please provide me some proof of this 'infinity' that you speak of? Please don't fill up my ATS with more newage proto-scientology dribble that merely serves to fill the gap of the human spirit that the failure of society has left open.

The world is better off without religion; this is not spirituality, this is religion.

The question of "what is your relationship to infinity" does not leave room for questioning of the motive behind this thread. If anybody wishes to rebut my argument by saying "well if you don't like it, you don't have to respond". It is my wish to have people see that this 'guidance by my relationship with infinity' BS is simply another veiled attempt by people with an agenda, to push theism onto an unsuspecting populace. By taking the avatar out of the picture, and simply referring to their deity as 'infinity', these newagers are giving antithiests the chance to be a part of their 'movement'. It is a load of crap and must stop, now, before we enter the REAL new age, and these mindless sheep take over the planet as christianity did before them.

[edit on 25/5/2009 by nrky]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join