It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You and Infinity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating I read your threads whenever I can but most often.. and try as I might... do not get involved in them.

My mind is now in one of those loops that will go on for days.

I think I discovered Infinity and the finite cycles of it all when I had my children. Their random placement and how I nourished all that possibility gives purposeful momentum to my life... propelling me into the next, better prepared for those infinite possibilities... on, and on and on.

S&F.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
S & F

Very nicely put. This also reminds me of the song Infinity by Stratovarius.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by ThePowerOfOne]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
I posted about infinity when I joined this forum. It was actually one of my very first threads.

I realized that infinity does exist, but how can it exist is the question that has troubled me. Sometimes I even wish that I shouldn't even exist in this "infinity."

Actually, infinity is the only thing that exists because it is not subject of change - it is the "now".

Everything else only pretends to exist, but since it can be analyzed, it is impermanent and therefore does not "exist".

The closest to infinity we as humans have is not our egos, it is our experience, which is always "now" at our disposal.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Thank-you for discussing your philosophy with us. Perhaps I will consider it next time I am feeling depressed.

Something similar,

The Ouroboros, the snake devouring its tail. I feel a strange connection with this symbol and the ideas behind it. As I do with yours.

I spent most of my time researching this quite awhile ago, but I believe the Ouroboros or similar ideals can be found in many cultures/religions.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Snozaz

Ouroboros is a symbol of reflection.

According to Spinoza, and he was very accurate, a finite mode (a single object) is defined as something limited by other objects.

Following this, in practice, the whole Universe is created the moment one single object is created (established). Because by definition it presupposes other objects, and that goes on and on - the principle of reflection.

And since all objects can be decomposed by analysis, the Universe is constantly being created anew, that is, it is a constant change, a reflection. So that is the symbolism of Ouroboros.

Once you understand this principle, your attitude towards the perceived Universe changes and you clearly find "new" footage in Infinity, which is the "knowledge of order and connection of things" (Spinoza).

So, don't get fooled with the appearance of "innate" solidness of things. They are all a reflection and not existence. The "reality" is in the knowledge, not in the so called "real world" otherwise defined as "empirical".

To exist in/as Infinity is to know.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Infinity. I am you, you are me but we are neither something, but simply everything entirely.

The steps to pure visualisation comes from this key concept, all that must be remembered is the everything, EVERY-THING, is living and concious.

Look within yourself purely, for infinity is not Outwards but Inwards as it originates, outwards is an individual entity, that is not the original form.

-psycho

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

think I discovered Infinity and the finite cycles of it all when I had my children. Their random placement and how I nourished all that possibility gives purposeful momentum to my life...

Well put...

The closest to infinity we as humans have is not our egos, it is our experience, which is always "now" at our disposal.

Well put...

all that must be remembered is the everything, EVERY-THING, is living and concious

Well put...

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Wonderful Thread Sky,

Infinity teaches or rather reminds me that,

Those with terminal Illness have the option, and capibilty to get well.

It Reminds me that no matter what we have done, how bad we have been, we can change and become what we want, from sinner to saint.

It reminds me that We have all been here a long time, since the beginning and are all interrelated, so your problem is mine to, and others joy and success is to be encouraged and reveled in like my own.

It reminds me that this universe, and our shared mind, is Big, not just large and huge, but so big it is as big as the Sky

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
A practical example of living daily life in awareness of Infinity....

A quality of Infinity is that nothing can be removed from it and nothing added to it. So if I dislike the wall in my room there is really no use in banging my fists against it. Much less use in banging my head against it. Sure, I could get explosives and just blast the wall away...but walls would still exist and I´d come upon some other wall I dislike elsewhere.

Once humanity stops banging its head against the wall and begins to relax a bit, release its tight fisted grip a bit...the wall does not magically disappear...but other things in the room are noticed. No more energy is wasted with the wall. Maybe even the door that leads outside of the house is noticed. Or the paint that could change the wall. Or the desk for that matter.

Thats the difference between stuck awareness and free awareness.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Again you want to call the unknown what ever you want. May be god ? infitity? universe or stone?.

Basically it is just an answer manifested in your mind that gives comfort to you in some level.

You may feel not restricted by GOD word by taking Infinity as your answer.

Just like everything else humans gets bored with his answer as he changes with time as his energy level goes up and down.

Ask questions , never agree or disagree.

Nonthought

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Very nice thread sky!

Perhaps another way of understanding infinity is simply to define the finite. Infinite is what's left after that. And I have to really wonder if anything, including the Creator, is actually infinite.

Some might argue that "time" is infinite. Some might argue that the universe is infinite. In the truest sense of the word though, can they really be infinite? Everything else, including the stars, moons, planets, and solar systems arguably had (or will have) a beginning and an end.

It could be that the only thing that is truly infinite is the Creator. Because it appears that everything the Creator created is finite. It could be that our spirits are infinite- because as it is hypothesized, every person is a tiny part of the Creator, and our souls supposedly return in some form, or at some level, back to the Creator at death.

You bring to bear in your discussion though extremely important words to really live by. As long as you are alive, everything is finite. Everything. Problems and pain as well as happiness and pleasure. All finite. Ego is finite. Fear is finite. The body is finite.

Any word that you can think of is finite, even the word "infinite." For how can one truly understand such a word in a world where everything has a beginning and an end? Even the word "Creator" is finite to me, because after death that concept as you knew it on earth will likely change when you get reabsorbed back into the Creator.

"Time" in itself is just a word attempting to describe a linear passage of our lives on this planet as we perceive them. When really what we think of as time may be no such thing at all in the eyes of the Creator. If the Creator created the vast universe, the Creator, it would stand to reason also can end its creation at any "time." The Creator may be the only thing that is actually infinite. But for the purposes of discussion and the bearing of fruit, "infinity" suited your purposes quite beautifully.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Some people can handel multiple answer (open ended) as their main answer to nagging questions but for some they need things simplified so they want to have single answer that covers everything. God.

it is easier to have GOD as an answer for people who has been conditioned to a discipline. They have difficulty to change fast from one belief to another. It is easier for them to adapt to single answer belief.

For some who has seen many cultures and live with differences , they seem to adapt to infinity (science) as the way to go.

Nothing wrong with anything. All humans die like crap irrespective of what answer he adapts

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nonthought

The word God has so much contradictory agenda that it is very impractical and words by themselves explain nothing. I could name many synonyms: God, Spirit, holy spirit, Tao, Nirvana, singularity, oneness, Wakantanka, the metaphysical, Atum (atom, indivisible)... and probably many more.

Perhaps, the active principle is the best designation, it is the Creator and as an active principle it never relates to its creations (and this is the source of confusing agenda about God).

In order for Creator to stay creative, it has to constantly create, which in turn replaces the "existing" world with a new one. But some people with specific agenda would like to turn Creator into a janitor of the world which should be maintained for those specific purposes...

And this is the reason for all the mystification in order to prevent people to understand, because it's the only way to manipulate them.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Infinity just IS yet in our finite existence it isn't yet... if that makes sense. Infinity is the source of everything and everything eventually returns to infinity only for this to perpetuate...infinitly. (In my opinian anyway)

This thread remind me of a Bill Hicks quote "all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration — we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death; life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves..."

Ahh what a guy....

You could fall into the trap of pondering infinity way too much but I'm happy that Sky has come to a humbbling partnership with it. It makes allot of sense.

Scientists argue that we came from nothing...Ridiculous. When it makes a much more sensible argument to say that we came from infinity.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Hey Skyfloating,

It almost seems as if you're describing your concept of a supreme being. And we all know how the concept of a god usually differs from person to person. Maybe Infinity is God in mathematical terms.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That is big assumptions. Humans fails to see most of his answers are based on his own assumption and he is unaware of his own beliefs.

There is no creator. WHen ever humans refuse to think , he recalls one super answer GOD (with various names) for his help keep his mind sane.

It shows each human has limited capacity to think. When it reaches its limits he calls GOD. it is not really GOD what he wants. He just want to stop thinking. GOD is kind of gate that closes weak mind.

Originally posted by DangerDeath

Perhaps, the active principle is the best designation, it is the Creator and as an active principle it never relates to its creations (and this is the source of confusing agenda about God).

In order for Creator to stay creative, it has to constantly create, which in turn replaces the "existing" world with a new one. But some people with specific agenda would like to turn Creator into a janitor of the world which should be maintained for those specific purposes...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If you exist then everything around you also exist. Universe exist , God exist and everything else you dream it exist.

Yep all exist in your mind.

Humans can not talk what he is not. He can only reflect his own beliefs. He can't speak unknwon beliefs. He is a self trumphet.

A babbler.

It is never about God or Infinity or enlightenment or cosmice consciousness or super self or what ever new conman (humans) come up with every day.

It is always abouy need for answers that drive humans nutz

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It shows each human has limited capacity to think. When it reaches its limits he calls GOD. it is not really GOD what he wants. He just want to stop thinking. GOD is kind of gate that closes weak mind.

Of course, thinking is reflection and the more you think the more you distance yourself from the creator. Unless you learn to think creatively, that is - to deconstruct the very premises (logic) of thinking.

Then you may come up with something creative (art)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The laughter of creation as it ripples through time and space.

The wonder in the eyes of oldies from a local home when they are taken out to picnic by a creek in the bush.

The kindness of a poor woman giving away her family's meal to a hungry thief she finds burgling her home, knowing god will keep her and her children fed.

The voices of stately mountain ash as they sing their ancient memories.

The friendship of a feisty grey tomcat, telling me it's time I go to bed.

Love, grief, pain, anger, burnt porridge ... it's all part of the infinite.

Blessings

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Post starred for putting some thought into your relationship to Infinity.

The idea of recognizing Infinity by recognizing what is not Infinity makes simple sense to me.

In my mind, the Creator would be that which is left when everything is removed. And I mean everything. Whats left? That would be "prime source" for me.

On another thought...the Creator can only be Infinite if the Creator is also its entire Creation....

I almost used "Creator" or "Supreme Being" to make this thread, but "Creator" is kind of based on a linear cause-and-effect type thinking, whereas Infinity truly is all-encompassing.

Its fun to have this Infinity-Talk though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join