It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You and Infinity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6aa3a73df2be.jpg[/atsimg]

My only point of reference is Infinity. Infinity and my relationship to it immerses everything I am and do in everyday life. This is not some attitude I learned in books or from teachers but one I have cultivated for myself.

Infinity is a vast and endless expanse where up-down, left-right, small-big, me-other, important-unimportant, past-future are hilariously artificial and relative concepts.

When something appears to be a "problem" in my day to day life, I contrast it with Infinity. Put into that perspective my "personal issues" are nothing but a tiny dot of insignificance and I move on with great relief.

Infinity is an outrageous abundance, prosperity and beauty beside which all earthly importances, gains and pains pale.

Infinity is all that was, is and ever will be. It is both everything and nothing. Everything within Infinity always changes. Infinity is the only thing that never changes, it just IS.

Infinity cannot be depicted as linear. A better depiction is a circle...or the Infinity-Symbol shown above...or many expanding concentric circles.

Infinity is not just some mathematical or spiritual concept to me, it is my guide in daily life. It teaches me to be humble. It teaches me that contained within it, is a creative force that has produced and taken care of more than we can imagine. It teaches me that within the vast expanse everything is possible. It teaches me that in order to expand I am to stop focusing on that tiny dot within the circle and become aware of more. It teaches me that anything I can imagine has some form of existence somewhere within Infinity.

It teaches me that every grain of sand contains Infinity and that, for another perspective, an entire Universe has the size of a grain of sand. It teaches me that when I have a problem with one little thing, in that moment in time, I have a problem with everything and if I have love for one little thing, in that moment in time, I have love for everything.

It teaches me that there are Trillions of things I could be doing today, trillions of paths I could be taking today, trillions of things I could be seeing, thinking, hearing. I am an aspect of Infinity. A viewpoint of Infinity. In this way I am connected to all-that-is. And from all-that-is I will choose wisely what to dedicate myself to.

What is your relationship to Infinity?

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating - thank you for the wonderful reflection first thing this morning!

Endless opportunities to experience, learn, grow, adapt, specialize and eventually become an overall well rounded member of the Infinite Mystery?

I'm serenely at peace with Infinity.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Starred and Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: My relationship with Infinity [Achlys as I call her] is a dynamic flow of communication between us. Sometimes its argumentative and other times its agreeable.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Beautiful thread!, starred and flagged OP.

My relation with infinity is that of The Magician.

A life of endless posibilities

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the enjoyable replies and also the silence in between those replies.

Im glad you too enjoy the unspeakable outrageousness that the One Infinity represents.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think an interesting thing I like to ponder about the concept of infinity, is that without us as finite aspects of the infinite, as connected as we are, the infinite could not know itself as much as I could not know myself unless we were so finite in the infinite. I am a relative point of observation of the overall infinite universe by being defined a finite visceral materal being observing and experiencing existence within the infinite.

I really like how you have intergrated the topic into your everyday life. Its one thing to ponder and extract wisdoms from the universe but another thing entirely to incorporate that in actually living. I am inspired by your post.

S & F

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Beautiful thoughts for the day!!
S & F..
and a big Thanks to you Skyfloating.

There is such comfort in knowing that we are indeed a part of this
"Infiniteness".

Peace...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is a very interesting (and positive) approach. But how do you know/choose when to "zoom in" or "zoom out"? I do not want to redicule, just if something heavy would fall on my foot, with all the tiny dot approach, i still would focus on pain and not on infinity. This is a simplistic example, but in general how can you know when it is wrong to concentrate on yourself vs infinity and when it is right?
Also, why infinity and not God?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I like to pay attention to the infinite. I notice that the more observent I am of it the more depth is enritched into my life. Often I forget to but as long as I remember again I feel ok.

As far as I know life goes on forever because I will never be aware of it when I die. At least not in the caproal sense of the word... No I rather think the whole experience would be more like ephoric pyschotropic trip....

I do wonder about my ego though.... I spent alot time on it... does it really have to dissappear when I jump back into the infinite? sigh....

I suppose... again it will most likely be one of those things I shall never know....But I still sympathize with all my previous egos... And If I could give each one a single day to enjoy this body so that they could play... I would only hope I myself could get it back before the darn thing gets worn out.

Thats what I think about the infinte... something like that

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

For me I ponder the infinite possibilities. The random waves that sweep over us and what we choose to do with it. Life, death and rebirth.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

I thought about this "Infinity experiencing itself" today while taking a walk. There was a breeze of wind. And I realized that the wind cannot be seen or heard...only its effects can. So it is through the rustling of leaves and the movement of waves that the wind can experience itself.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

I do wonder about my ego though.... I spent alot time on it... does it really have to dissappear when I jump back into the infinite? sigh....

In pondering that Infinite is all-that-is nothing is ever gained and nothing is ever lost. By definition, by nature, nothing can be removed from infinity or included into it.

So the idea of "loosing an ego" or "jumping back into" something called Infinity would only appear to be so...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
But how do you know/choose when to "zoom in" or "zoom out"? I do not want to redicule, just if something heavy would fall on my foot, with all the tiny dot approach, i still would focus on pain and not on infinity. This is a simplistic example, but in general

For me its natural to zoom in on the foot when something heavy falls on it. But what about the rest of the day in which there is no object falling on my foot? In my opinion, the mere realization that one need not have such a tight and narrow grip on that...especially hours after the event...causes relief. In other words: Ever notice how headache subsides because you forgot to think about it...

how can you know when it is wrong to concentrate on yourself vs infinity and when it is right?

Since the OP describes an Infinite context I´ll stick with that here. If I make a rule on when its right to zoom in and when its wrong, I ignore the ever-changing nature of Infinity.

Whether its appropriate to zoom in or out arises spontaneously from moment to moment. Next week it may not be. The week after next it may be. No rules are always applicable.

Personally, I have this premise that my moment-to-moment feeling or inner sense offers a guidance that is more in tune with the nature of life than fixed rules are.

Also, why infinity and not God?

If I ascribe some personification or label to Infinity I limit it to "its this but not that". Since Infinity is everything I wont define it as being something.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I posted about infinity when I joined this forum. It was actually one of my very first threads.

I realized that infinity does exist, but how can it exist is the question that has troubled me. Sometimes I even wish that I shouldn't even exist in this "infinity."

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

The Questions "How" and "From Where" arise on a linear level of cause-and-effect. They dont arise in an infinite context.

Why should you not exist in this Infinity?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I see part of the infinite as the white light. In my mind it is where we were before we were born, where we return to when we die, and where we shall spring forth from again. An every changing movement of experience and understanding in ways that I can barely fathom with this small mind and fragile body.

Sometimes I see the light eminate from a persons eyes. When in deep conversation and the both of us are paying deep deep attention I have found the the light will jump out and sallow me whole.

And then their was this one time in my living room with the front door open sitting on the couch with my mom. In the middle of a light storm light washed in from outside in and enveloped us both for an indetermiate amount of time.. when it ended I asked my mother if she has seen that and she said yeah ... and then some minutes later was the LOUDEST thunder crash I have ever heard... IT WAS AWESOME..

All manifistations of the infinite in my mind.

I am not sure where this life is taking me. I have an Idea of why I am.
I like the life ...when its gone....I will no longer be this man but one with the infinite again.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I see part of the infinite as the white light. In my mind it is where we were before we were born, where we return to when we die, and where we shall spring forth from again. An every changing movement of experience and understanding in ways that I can barely fathom with this small mind and fragile body.

Even such events would be a tiny part of Infinity. But to us re-emerging with the soul does not seem like a tiny part but like a huge event...

Sometimes I see the light eminate from a persons eyes. When in deep conversation and the both of us are paying deep deep attention I have found the the light will jump out and sallow me whole.

yeah...if you pay attention you can see a spark of its brilliance in peoples eyes. Its amazing.

And then their was this one time in my living room with the front door open sitting on the couch with my mom. In the middle of a light storm light washed in from outside in and enveloped us both for an indetermiate amount of time.. when it ended I asked my mother if she has seen that and she said yeah ... and then some minutes later was the LOUDEST thunder crash I have ever heard... IT WAS AWESOME..

Awesome, yes. Outrageous. In a certain mindset thunderstorms really are awesome. You can sense the vividness of creation. Especially with thunderstorms. And at active volcanoes, where earth is being formed. And at waterfalls. And in the nightsky...and, and, and.

There's this attitude that derives more pleasure from that, than from this 2-dimensional screen we are currently sitting in front of.

I am not sure where this life is taking me. I have an Idea of why I am.
I like the life ...when its gone....I will no longer be this man but one with the infinite again.

From one perspective thats true. But from another perspective you never were separate from the Infinite. How could you be? And from that perspective, the man you are is never lost.

An analogy:

Put a puzzle piece into a bigger puzzle. Is the puzzle piece lost?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is by far my favorite thread in this entire site. I really don't know what to add to this.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thanks you so much, I try to live by the very same concept, I mean I really think the same exact way, if only we could all bve brought up from childhood with such an open mind, a mind that sees life as infinite possibilities, infinite amounts of people to connect with and love, just as natural is hatred, and pain, but with a concept such as this by your side, at least in my experience, even the biggest problems and pains can certainly be eased.

Sometimes im told I dont take life seriously enough, it may seem that way, but I actually take "life" more seriously than most, I truly value every breath I take, and I truly love the fact that I have the opportunity just to be alive, we all have problems, me included, particularly recently I have been having some trouble, but I havint lost sight and dont plan to of the boundless, sentient infinity that has given me such a beautiful opportunity to experience, explore, expand and most importantly....to love.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join