It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians...make me mad

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I'm giving you a star and a flag for making an interesting post that is getting good response.

I don't agree with you but must give you credit for stirring the pot. If only I could do as well.

Thanks. Not sure what you don't agree about, but I am generalizing about Christians. I admit it. I have to generalize. I can't formulate my assumption based off every single individual christian.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Dude, you can do one of 2 things with these people,

1 Accept that their delusional

2 Study what they really believe and why they believe it. Get one of the bibles and read it (takes ages and is mind numbingly boring) I've met and spoken to hundreds of xtians (aside here on ATS) of various flavours and not one of them had infact read an entire bible !

Amazing dude !! A god that is their ever loving creator has written the most improtant peace of work on the planet just for them.
And guess what ? yeas that's right they didn't read what he had to say !!

Speaks volumes doesn't it, yup they sit there every sunday lapping up what some bling coated pastor tells them that god said !

Go get a bible my friend sit and read you probably won't get thtough genesis whithout thinking "What ??? is this BS ???

Once you're done reading you can then have an informed discussion with the pair of clowns at work. The fact that they haven't bothered thinking for themselves and reading what the beard has to say will probably shut them up for quite a long time.

Remember -- Nurse Rachet was a devout xtian

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by FlySolo

How lovely.

I will give you all here a good piece of advice, when you think somebody is trolling, don't bother with a reply.

You are only feeding the troll. Feed them once, and they don't leave you alone, they always expect more.

And I think the was simply trying to make you think about your argument a little more.

~Keeper

Gotchya. However, like I mentioned, I think he/she is a christian and is using a typical tactic to thwart my attempts and ridicule my stance. he/she did have a fair point about other groups who disbelieve, but that is off topic and is irrelevant to this line of questioning.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Originally posted by FlySolo

Thanks. Not sure what you don't agree about, but I am generalizing about Christians. I admit it. I have to generalize. I can't formulate my assumption based off every single individual christian.

Really you have to generalize with these things.

Certain christians will say, " oh there not really christians then ". Then you flip the coin and the other christians say... " there not really christians then ".

George bush declared war in the name of god, some christians said he wasnt really christian.... Others will say that god wanted those people cleansed... confusing those christians are.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by pureevil81]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Even the pope says extraterrestrial life fits into christianity.

your coworkers, dumb.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by FlySolo

Dude, you can do one of 2 things with these people,

1 Accept that their delusional

2 Study what they really believe and why they believe it. Get one of the bibles and read it (takes ages and is mind numbingly boring) I've met and spoken to hundreds of xtians (aside here on ATS) of various flavours and not one of them had infact read an entire bible !

Amazing dude !! A god that is their ever loving creator has written the most improtant peace of work on the planet just for them.
And guess what ? yeas that's right they didn't read what he had to say !!

Speaks volumes doesn't it, yup they sit there every sunday lapping up what some bling coated pastor tells them that god said !

Go get a bible my friend sit and read you probably won't get thtough genesis whithout thinking "What ??? is this BS ???

Once you're done reading you can then have an informed discussion with the pair of clowns at work. The fact that they haven't bothered thinking for themselves and reading what the beard has to say will probably shut them up for quite a long time.

Remember -- Nurse Rachet was a devout xtian

I've tried reading it, believe me I've tried. Only because i am interested. My background is protestant Mennonite. Family is full of them. I on the other hand have managed to go the realistic direction. I've been dragged to church and had been forced to watch Billy Graham on TV whenever i visited my Grandparents. Trying to have a logical conversation with christians is the most frustrating experience ever.

Now back to the OP. Let me hear what the Christians have to say about why there is no other life besides our own.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Christians are extremely easy targets for ridicule and disbelief.

We always have been.

Granted, we've done most of the harm to ourselves, with things such as the Inquisition, clergy pedophilia, hypocrisy... the list goes on and on.

But try to remember that a true Christain will NEVER say we are perfect, or always right. No one is. We only worship the one perfect being of the univers, God.

I can completely understand a lot of peoples animosity for Christianity. The media doesn't help in that respect either. We as a religion have serious issues we must address. But know this... they are being addressed. The only constant is God.

As for the Bible, it is admittedly not an easy read at all. I had to pretty much schedule myself to read it over a period of six months, but when I finally finished it, I felt much relieved. Did it answer all of my questions? Nope. But it gave me a healthy dose of personal responsbility, how I should conduct myself, and a fire to search for things that aren't easily explained... such as proof of ET life, shadow conspiracies, all that good stuff.

For every Christian who denies there can be any chance of life outside of our blue ball, I put forward you can find one like myself who not only questions that statement, but believes life to flourish all over this galaxy.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Even the pope says extraterrestrial life fits into christianity.

your coworkers, dumb.

Ahhh but the pope is Catholic. I was going to use that with them but I already new their answer.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GuiltyByDesign

Thank you for that. Of course our universe is TEAMING with life.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
really don't you mean "christians"
after all the Pope (JPII that is) released a declaration he supported evolution and modern science, including ET possibilities.
i don't know about the ignoramus groups though.
There are more stubborn block headed individuals in the world than there aren't.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
your just banging your head against a brick wall OP

trying to convert christians is no different than christians trying to convert you

can't you see? you have become that which you despise

my advice : dont care what other people think
and dont take life so seirously

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Some Christians make me mad, too. But I also think some people are too quick to jump on the ET bandwagon. Although I believe life elsewhere in the universe is probably, until I see some right in front of my face, I won't be totally sure.

So I don't think it has much to do with Christianity.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Im realy not sure where your comeing from on this,I dont know many religious faiths that directly state in there books there is aliens, or life on other world per say.There are some that say there are gods/angles in other levels of existance,But come to think of it i didnt read about aliens or other worlds in our universe in the tora,or holy bible, or the teachings of budda,or in hinduism, or in zorasterism, or taoism, or shinto, or islam.
they never say yes or no about the things your talking about,so i can only surmise you hate christians,just becuse they are what is around you.
Also i dont think you have talked to ANY theoligist about this,you talked to ma and pa kettle.If you where to realy talk to some well educated theoligst you would be suprised at what is talked about.
and just a FYI the holy bible,koran,budda,hinduism all fit just fine with the other worlds and aliens,but its just not what they are about,they are about earth,cuse thats where we are.They in no way contradict the existance of well, ANYTHING,They all in fact reenforce the idea that ANYTHING is possiable under god.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Maybe there are many planets with people made in Gods image.

The Spaceship of Ezekiel by Joseph Blumrich is a good read, not sure it is still in print.
Blumrich was a NASA engineer who seeing his son reading 'Chariots of the Gods, set out to debunk the whole notion of 'ET' visiting our planet in ancient times. He came to the opposite conclusion.

www.authorsden.com...

I haven't posted much, not sure if I do the links right.

2 Kings 2;11 talks of a chariot of fire
The Book of Enoch does so I am led to believe make reference to 'Aliens'
In my opinion it is the human ego which gets in the way of accepting life on other planets, whether they are Christian Buddhist Jew or Athiest.

Funnily enough I am the only Christian among family and friends and the only one who believes in life outside our planet.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I believe in ET's, I am what I call Christian but with alternative views, but don't we all.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GuiltyByDesign

The only constant is God.

Is this the same one that changed his name from yahweh to jesus, changed his mind about creating humans so changed his mind and decide to wipe them from the face of the earth?

Hope not dud coz this god got quite a history of not being constant.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

So I don't think it has much to do with Christianity.
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Maybe not, but any excuse to challenge xtians on their bizarre beliefs got to be a good idea in my book no?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
Disclaimer: I'm not Christian, but I am fascinated with religion.

This is my impression, and it applies equally to all judeo-christian-muslim belief systems that teach that there is no other life.

The theory is such, God created us in his image, therefore, we are the highest from of life.

From Genesis 1:26

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Since God gave man "dominion" over all other life, there cannot be life elsewhere that is of a higher intelligence or level of sophistication.

On the other hand, I don't believe that being a Christian, or a Jew, or a Muslim, or a Buddhist, etc... means that you cannot believe in scripture and also believe in ET's.

I think the question really comes down to if you believe in the scripture as literal fact that is not open to interpretation or if you understand it to be allegory.

Even if you believe that scripture is literal fact, there is nothing in the Bible that goes against extraterrestrial life. To use your quote: "... and over every creeping think that creepeth upon the earth.

And everyone's correct, this has nothing whatsoever, to do with Christianity.

[edit on 23/5/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think the problem with many Christians (But NOT all Christians), are that they reason that as there "cannot exist life outside of this Earth", then all ET-activity must be "Demonic" or "Supernatural". That is the typical response and reasoning from many Christians. As said, though, not all Christians hold that ide, which is fortunate. Too many do, though.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Didn't the Vatican officially acknowledge the possibility of life in the universe just recently?

So that makes it acceptable for the 1billion Catholics to believe in ET.

Considering they are the biggest sect of Christianity, I don't consider it much of a stretch for the other groups to believe either.

It doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that we were the only planet made by their God.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join