It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Nothing Happens, What Will You Do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hello ATS. It is my humble view that 2012 will pass as most years have with nothing major happening. I mean i know if there is a terrorist attack or another war that the 2012 believers will blame it on the year but in the end it won't be that cataclysm they're after.

So my simple question for those on ATS who are thinking that 2012 will be something monumental is:

What are you going to do when nothing happens?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Math.

They'll do math.

"Forgot to carry the Pi, its actually 2019 that the world will end......"

But seriously...what happens everytime a predicted doomsday doesn't happen?

[edit on 22/5/09 by madhatr137]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't know what I'll be doing at that time, cause every year is something new for me, but I don't expect anything to happen except just live out another year. I'd also be disappointed. I'm on the side of 2012 being positive, the age of enlightenment begins on or after that year, so if it turns out we are still the same in the next few years after 2012, then I would be disappointed, but glad that nothing bad had happened.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by madhatr137

lol that is true, the next end of the world date, scenario and endless debates will begin. 2020 sounds like a good number. I'm not mocking of course, cause why else are we here?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

i will continue living in my hamster cage turning the wheel living for my 1 or 2 days off a week and dreaming of that vacation where i actually live in this life for a few days out of the year.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I am becoming more aware of possible 2012-esque scenarios, but when you see with your own eyes the escalation and veracity of constitutional changes from one puppet to the next, you really do have to ask yourself...what is going on.

I do feel there will be some EM repercussions from galactic/planet alignments, but question the severity.

Thank God, i have my tin-foil suit

Edit: Typos

[edit on 22-5-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by madhatr137

Lol well ok yes that is a classic thing that happens i admit, but i wondered if anyone would have any kind of revelation as to not believing in propehcies anymore. Don't get me wrong i myself have a little kit put aside for if anything bad ever happens, but it really is more a precaution and not based on any theory, prophecy or anything else.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I will add another quarter to my already nearly full doomsday jar... a lot of people always say "If I had a quarter for every doomsday prediction that didn't come true I'd be rich!", so I just decided to do it. I now have a lot of quarters.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What you should realize is that it has already started, 2012 is not one day, one moment, one time. It is a convergence of many many things ie..planetary changes, a shift in human consciousness just to name a few.

The next shift is February 2011 and according to the Mayan Calendar will culminate to the final shift on October 28, 2011.

If you have not noticed that these changes are occuring as we speak, then you truly have the proverbial blinders on.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

I'm not doubting you, but maybe you can point out some of the most obvious signs so I (and others) know that I'm on track and not missing them.

I appreciate your help.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Please explain to me these changes, list them. You see i'm quite aware and worried about many things in this world, i do not have blinders on. So if you can make a little list it would be interesting to see what you consider to be signs of the end of the world. Because quite simply i think it's being taken to far by people wanting to make money off of others by selling them books and other things.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There exist literally thousands of EOW scenarios right now that extend far beyond 2012. This is just the most pertinent one at this time. When that one passes the MSM will jump to the next most pertinent/profitable one.

I will post a thread over the weekend of all the dates I have researched. I have a list of thousands past-present-and future.

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days. There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end. Bribery and corruption are common.

That one is one of my favorite quotes from Sumerian tablets circa 2800 B.C. Not much has changed in 5000 years.

Here is a good one that comes before 2012:

Saturday, May 21, 1988 - Friday, May 20, 2011 is 23 complete years of spiritual Great Tribulation.
On Saturday, May 21, 2011 (Iyar 17; Genesis 7:11-16) God forever shuts salvation's door. NO ONE will become saved from eternal damnation after Friday, May 20, 2011.

Next year or 2020:

As Early as Next Year
Interestingly, the Secret Pentagon Report gives it all away in the following remarks:
A secret report, suppressed by US defence chiefs and obtained by The Observer, warns that major European cities will be sunk beneath rising seas as Britain is plunged into a 'Siberian' climate by 2020. Nuclear conflict, mega-droughts, famine and widespread rioting will erupt across the world. …
….An imminent scenario of catastrophic climate change is 'plausible and would challenge United States national security in ways that should be considered immediately', they conclude. As early as next year widespread flooding by a rise in sea levels will create major upheaval for millions.

Here's a good one for 2016 supposedly left by the Donner party:

An article in Weekly World News describes a find by a Professor Lloyd Cunningdale of Salt Lake City who was excavating with his students at the site of the famous Donner party disaster of 1847. The latter were a group of settlers bound for California who became trapped by snow in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Cunningdale and students have found a time capsule left by the settlers which contains many predictions for the future. They predict that nations will abandon traditional methods of conflict and resort to the use of biological warfare. In 2016, one such disease will spread and kill all of the humans on the planet. (4)

I particularly like the "Singularity" predicted sometime in the 2030's. At that point the information mankind possesses will be accelerating to infinity by the second, and computers will be processing it at such a rapid rate that some consciousness conundrum exists.

Singularity
Mathematician and author Vernor Vinge greatly popularized Good’s notion of an intelligence explosion in the 1980s, calling the creation of the first ultraintelligent machine the Singularity. Vinge first addressed the topic in print in the January 1983 issue of Omni magazine. In the 1980s, Vinge popularized the singularity in lectures, essays, and science fiction. More recently, some prominent technologists such as Bill Joy, founder of Sun Microsystems, voiced concern over the potential dangers of Vinge's singularity (Joy 2000). "Our most powerful 21st-century technologies — robotics, genetic engineering, and nanotech — are threatening to make humans an endangered species." The article was published in the April 2000 issue of Wired magazine.

So no worries, there will be plenty of EOW scenarios after this one. Here is a quick list of some years in case you want to plan ahead.
2011,2012,2014,2016,2020-2040,2022,2030,2034,2045 or 2100, 09/14/2047, 2060 by Isaac Newton, 2126 Loom of God, 2240 Tanakh, 3780 Nostradamus, 500 billion yrs, etc.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Starred.

I am interested though, will the usual mass delusion of putting on the blinkers happen when nothing really goes on in 2012? Either it'll be moved until later, people will say it has been avoided for now somehow, they'll claim it was all a trick to lull them into a false sense of security or something else. whilst all the 2012 people who sold books, t-shirts, did talks and the like will be moving on to their next little scam, or sunning themselves in Bermuda, whichever.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
major European cities will be sunk beneath rising seas as Britain is plunged into a 'Siberian' climate by 2020.

I remember my geography teacher telling us that isostatic recovery could plunge southern England into the sea, as the see-saw motion of the mantle swings the other way, from whence Scotland was covered in ice.

Regarding your other interesting points, please click my uTube vid link signature; it explains human-machine interface evolution

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If my personal road to enlightenment does not end in 2012 then I will continue to enlighten myself and learn as much as possible until the day I die. I will set goals and attain them. Although I will be waiting for the next end of the world prediction to come about. As soon as 2012 passes, if it does, don't worry as there will be another prediction right after it.

Those have been predicting the end of time since the beginning of Rome. It gives people something dramatic and theatrical to look forward to when their lives are empty of such.....

I am pulled toward both sides of the story at times but time will tell.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I think the more important question, from a risk management standpoint, is what will YOU do if indeed TSHTF in 2012? Those that have faith are preparing -- for better or for worse. To them they will be better off if something happens, and in many ways they will be better off if something does not happen. Have you seen the current way of life on earth? not too pretty... perhaps there is more than one way to live on this earth(like sustainably and happily).

If you are walking along just a-whistlin' away, and someone tells you you are about to step off a cliff, do you just say 'Nah, I know where I am going.' or do you stop and look around, because maybe you didn't see the cliff -- and they may have saved your life?

Your answer to that simple analogy is what will shape your future.

What if the growing number of ATS'ers is a sign...

What if the economic collapse is a sign...

What if the crop circles are a sign...

What if Religion and the Occult and Ancient peoples were right, and UFO's indeed exist and our increase in interest in those topics are a sign...

What if Quantum Mechanics proved the idea of GOD, and is a sign...

What if the Double slit experiment shows that everything is indeed just vibrations and waves manifesting from our own minds -- as Buddhism and other belief systems have stated as FACT -- is a sign...

What if 2012 is not the end of the world - yet still something we should be prepared for?

What do the Hopi elders think? I wish I could provide a link to this article, I got it through my university archives at school. If you want it all just U2U me, I have it in my email.

The Hopi prophecies play an important part in the multiform weave of traditional stories. The rich oral traditions, which resist orthodox or dogmatic interpretations comprise various versions and interpretations of the prophecies available from different individuals of different clans and villages. They are evolving stories that guide the interpretation of contemporary events. However, Kaiser (1991, 83ff.) has pointed out that the different versions have certain things in common. The most important of these may be the assertion that human beings have the choice between two ways of life: the traditional Hopi way and the way of the white man or Pahana. These two ways are also labeled the "path of the one-hearted" (the traditional path of balance) and "two-hearted" (the path of progress and imbalance). The traditional Hopis, who are at times also called "hostiles" or conservatives, see themselves as the stalwarts of the one-hearted path that follows the original instructions from the Creator; they see the Hopi Tribal Council following the path of Eurocentrism and progress, the path of the two-hearted. Another common assertion among the different narrations of the prophecies is that many Hopis leave the good path of the original instructions, leaving a simple and prayerful life behind, and follow the mistaken path of modernization.

The different versions and interpretions of the prophecies all state that this world will come to an end. The time before the end will be marked by chaos, confusion, fear, and suffering. Elders see the present-day destruction of the environment, the disappearance of plant and animal species, the World Wars, and the threat of nuclear holocaust as giving rise to fear, despair, and dread. Indeed, in their view the end may come soon, since certain markers mentioned in the prophecies have already occurred. One such marker is the "gourd of ashes" understood as the atom bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Another common prediction is that a powerful figure will return at the time end of the world. This person of central importance is called Pahana (also spelled Bahana, Bohana, or Bahanna) or Elder White Brother, and he was also present at the beginning of this world.

In all versions of the prophecies it is stated that at the time of the end of this world there will be a period of purification and judgment. The survivors of that process will receive salvation. However, few people will survive, and there may only be one or two Hopi persons who have not left the one-hearted path behind and who have held to their original instructions from the Creator. Those individuals will be the beginning of the human world that follows this one.

Another common feature among the different tellings of the prophecies is an understanding of time as marked by regular cycles of purification, marking the endings and beginnings of worlds. Future developments can be anticipated because of similar events in previous worlds. The time cycles are understood as determined by the Great Spirit at the beginning of this world; the stone tablets given to the Hopis were engraved by him and hold the record of the original instructions and future events. The first world was destroyed by fire, the second by ice, and the third by a flood. Purification on each of those occasions was necessary because the people had left the path of the one-hearted behind, did not honor the agreement with the Creator consequently became degenerate due to affluence and technical innovations. As a result of the materialistic or two-hearted way of life, they behaved in immoral ways. no longer lived with respect for nature, and no longer sought balance in the proper ceremonies.

The final common feature that Kaiser identified among the different prophetic narrations of the Hopi people is that the destruction of the world is not inevitable. Instead. people may cleanse themselves individually and of their own choice. This would mean that individuals remember the original instructions given by the Creator. Masa'aw, and they would thus return individually to the path of the one-hearted or the traditional way of the Hopis. This would effect an alternate transition to the next world.

Kremer, Jurgen W. "Hopi Prophecies The Way of Balance Is an Individual Responsibility. " ReVision. 23.2 (Fall 2000)

Time is cyclic, that is all 2012 represents. Fractal Time:

Fractals embody Esoteric/Hermetic/Occult principle of 'As above, So below.'

Check it out.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I will PARTAYYYYYEE. And look forward to the next doomsday, post threads about, just like we did with 20212. Another doomsday was predicted by Nostradomues already: 2036. He had a lot of doomdays thought. He just wasnt satisfied with a days work unless he predicted the death of the world.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

I am fully aware of all that you have posted. I am well prepared for bad things, i don't prepare out of paranoia that 2012 will hit just generally being careful. A few years back our water went out for around 3 weeks, luckily i had bottled stuff, i have a rain collector (for watering plants but can be used as drinking) and plenty of extra food. Granted we didn't need the extra food of course

I am well schooled in survival techniques, but that is more because i love practicing them and i have an entire map of many of the wild food resources in my area. I made that map simply because the wild stuff tastes better than anything in the supermarket and each year i would save a ton of money harvesting it. Actually i would sell some and make money lol.

So yes i'm prepared for any such event, i just don't think 2012 will bring anything because the future is not set and the idea of prophecy is nonsense. So i wonder what people who have spent ages preparing for 2012 will do and i'm interested in these people replying.

Although i have a feeling they will just make an excuse and jump on the next prophecy band wagon.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The end of the world doesn't necessarily mean destruction.

It could mean that we will all live in a different way after the 'end of the world'.

It could be change like maybe in 2012, Americans fed up with broken promises vote for a third party candidate, only have the Powers-That-Be reject the results and enforce military rule, leading to the "X" situation that develops from that point onward...

If our star system is a binary star system a brown dwarf star is on its way as it supposedly has done every 3600 years.

The passing star will influence "X" situation(s) that results in extensive environmental destruction or chaos, for example, or a shift within the political realm that ushers in the end of the world as we know it- not the end of our world.

I would have to agree though, that the more our technology progresses, those who control that technology do not have the best intentions for its use, or turns it into a weapon, etc- will great increase the prospects of any End of the World scenarios through misuse and abuse as more exotic technologies are used or tested.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I apologize for not giving a more detailed explaination in my previous post, I just wanted to dispell this continued onslaught of false 2012 prophecies, a la Planet X, Nibiuru, the end of the world crap that truly infuriates me to no end.

By the end of this weekend, I will give you a more detailed account of these changes.

For now though, here are some of the converging events (planetary) that will be starting or have already started.

1. Reduction of the Earth's magnetic field
2. Solar Maximum - a peak in solar activity on the sun, which scientist do think will peak in 2012
3. Intense earthquakes, volcanoe eruptions, tsumanis
4. Pole shift (the north pole will be the south pole, the south pole will be the north pole)
5. Schuman's resonance frequency is increasing and will peak on 2012

**those are just a few of the planetary changes, and as stated I will provide a more detailed explanation ASAP**

Human changes:

1. Increased consciousness
2. Ability to manifest desires, goals, thoughts faster
3. Activation of our DNA
4. Self Healing
5. Greater Intuition
6. The ability to use telepathy

**Once again I will give a better analysis on my later post**

Now here are some potential doom and gloom prophecies, that are inevitable IMO and will also converge during these eras.

1. Depopulation (from diseases, starvation, war)
2. One World Government (Google Type 1 civilization) **this does not have to be evil, unfortunately we have evil people running the world**
3. Nuclear War
4. Economic Collapse
5. Martial law

Some credible people on these topics:

1. Nassim Haramein
2. Ivan Stein
3. John Major Jenkins
4. David Wilcox
5. Greg Braden

Once again, sorry for the rushed post, I will respond later with more detail.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join