It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Nothing Happens, What Will You Do?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt
What you should realize is that it has already started, 2012 is not one day, one moment, one time. It is a convergence of many many things ie..planetary changes, a shift in human consciousness just to name a few.

The next shift is February 2011 and according to the Mayan Calendar will culminate to the final shift on October 28, 2011.

If you have not noticed that these changes are occuring as we speak, then you truly have the proverbial blinders on.

Yes, I felt a shift back in 98-99, actually this was when I through off my blinders at the tender age of 16 for good. That's when I realized I was another cogwheel in a grand machine of time. Revelation gave me a grand vision, when I finally had my eyes open to understand its meaning. Although a grand vision yes, it left me with many unanswered questions as to what my purpose was and how reality got so F'd up in the first place.

I knew I had to dig deeper, and one night about 4 years ago I picked up a book my friend gave me for my birthday called "Mystic Places". This book had all kinds of stories in it about Atlantis, hollow Earth theory, stonehenge, ley lines. But the one that caught my attention the most was the great pyramid of Giza, or Khufu's pyramid. Encoded in it's masonry is a high order of knowledge that seems to defy everything we know about our history. Whoever built this thing, knew the dimensions of the Earth, Pi, Phi, etc and fitted these huge blocks together with hairline precision.

I was shocked, as a man of faith this new knowledge challenged my belief structure as a whole. I said to myself, who gave our ancestors this amazing knowledge? It was obvious to me that the person or persons/entities knew the Earth and the stars like the back of their hand. Maybe it was the infamous "watchers" from of old, or the old "gods"? Luckily I was able to fit the pieces together into my beliefs, I almost lost all hope and faith for that matter. I realized that there indeed had to of been a one world religion at some point in the distant past(fabled first time when demi-gods ruled over us in physical form?). And, that even what I believe in goes back to that age.

Then I realized that in Genesis it states that the sons of God came to Earth and dwelt with Man and taught us 'hidden things'. They also stole our Womens LOL, and created supermen that damn near snuffed us out of existence. Becoming aware of this made me both shocked and angry, however it actually strengthened my faith rather than weaken it ironically.
I know that both God and Man were wronged in those days, fallen scumbag angels/aliens tried to overwhelm us and have been even to this day. Don't be intrigued by them people, they are in no way "superior" to us, you and I are made in the image of the most high God, act accordingly.

Peace.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

What will I do?

I'm going to have one hell of a block party. I'm going to rejoice and run naked in the street. I'm going to fix up all the food that I've been storing and saving and break out some Shiner Boehemian Black Lager to drink.

On the other hand, if things do happen as I feel and believe they will, I won't be worrying about your ignorant fools and naysayers who didn't believe and are on the ground crying your heads off because you were too foolish to listen up when those of us who knew things were going to happen .... happened and you were not prepared. Your crying and whailing will fall on deaf ears and you will indeed starve to death or get caught up in the nastiness that will be occurring out here without protection.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I am going to get drunk as hell! By doing that that means that the world has stayed the same. Kegger at my place all invited!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

How silly. I have supplies, not for 2012 just simply because things can randomly happen. I also have extensive knowledge of survival skills, decent building skills, electronics to the point i can generate power etc. However i think this 2012 stuff is nonsense.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think I will be disappointed if the world is the same as it is today by 12/21/2012. I am really hoping we do become some how more enlightened over the next few years and perhaps the cosmos will actually affect us positively.

I don't believe the Mayans said the world would end, only that it would change. Many doom and gloomers have taken it to another level with the world ending thing.

One thing I find interesting about this date, is the fact that many different and unrelated sources have selected this period as the time when things will change..... good or bad. In the past it is generally one group who select a date, or like the y2k thing the year 1000 was also selected just because of the number itself.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
I don't believe the Mayans said the world would end, only that it would change. Many doom and gloomers have taken it to another level with the world ending thing.

So you believe that in 3 and a half years the world will suddenly be enlightened? Sorry that seems rather far fetched.

Originally posted by PowerSlave
One thing I find interesting about this date, is the fact that many different and unrelated sources have selected this period as the time when things will change..... good or bad. In the past it is generally one group who select a date, or like the y2k thing the year 1000 was also selected just because of the number itself.

The Y2K thing was a small selection of computers who had their clocks messed up. It didn't cause trobule because it was sorted by most computer engineers before it could do any damage. It really was a problem at the time but the media massively blew it out of proportion.

It is notable that countries who took a proactive stance didn't have many problems whereas countries that didn't take as much action did have some problems.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

So you believe that in 3 and a half years the world will suddenly be enlightened? Sorry that seems rather far fetched.

Not exactly, I believe it is a process that happens over time, and I believe that the start of this process has begun and will continue through 2012 (2012 being a center point of change). I am not suggesting that on dec 21 2012 we will all suddenly become light energy beings, although that would be kind of interesting.

The Y2K thing was a small selection of computers who had their clocks messed up. It didn't cause trobule because it was sorted by most computer engineers before it could do any damage. It really was a problem at the time but the media massively blew it out of proportion.

I am well aware of what happened during the y2k buzz. I was employed with a company very dependent on comps at the time.

My point about y2k and 1k was that the date itself was the reason for the scare for end of the world doom. The computer thing was a bi-product of that scare. But beyond the nice even round number 2000 which represents a 1000 year period, there was little basis for the end. Unlike 2012.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think it will be like what has already been discussed a bit. It wont be an end to our planet, just the world as we know it. Think about back to like, the 1100s, the world as THEY knew it was nothing like it is now.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Oh MY. Actually, i didnt think there was a single man here on ats that didnt believe in that crap 2012 but what we got here? A wise man for once.

I think sometimes: what could they do when they see nothing happened in 2012? You know, a lot of these believers are actually hopeless, they dont know what to do of their lives, have no goals, sadness and pain each day, they want someone to save them, they give their hopes to something/someone else, this is a good explanation of a believer.

New age got a lot of believers nowadays, these people think something will happen and then like a miracle, their lives will change, they will only have love, happyness, light, each days, like a dream. Some even believe human kind will be granted imba psychics abilities, funny aint it? What you can believe when ur hopeless.

But the fact is, nothing of this will happen, that cant, even if it tried
. Why? Coz: human kind (whatever they say) cannot live without barbary. Happyness? Love? Compassion? friendship? In human mind, even if they dont admit it, it is boring. So what will they do after 2012? There are many things that could happen, depends of the person, if he is weak (most probably) or not. Imo, 2012 will be the year of the suicide, it will greatly increase. Some will believe in a crap like: "it didnt happen coz we werent prepared, it will in some years, send more "positive thoughts" to the earth and milkyway core and it will happen." The rest will go on drugs and decadence.

I wont mind if you dont believe me. Truth is: truth is so hard to accept, we just cant stand it "sometimes"

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

So my simple question for those on ATS who are thinking that 2012 will be something monumental is:

What are you going to do when nothing happens?

First of all, you should have ask what will we do 'IF' nothing happens. You present your opinion as fact in the past tense.

Secondly, 'IF' nothing happens, we'll probably all be the better. I mean, considering that of the myriad possibilities being forwarded from a million opinionated authors, desk'perts and seers, most of them end in 'Oh my Gawd, we're all gonna die!'... so it seems like a quiet day would indeed be preferable.

To answer your malformed question? Nothing.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

that will be the day when nothing happens.when nothing happens it will be
because something happened. get it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

malformed question , i love that, thats a great one.can i use that sometime?
also does anybody ever notice pos. thinking never seems to fit.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well i do notice some few things about you, but cant tell it coz i will get censored. And well, you already proved that you cant stand anything that will go against your beliefs so..

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well , i don't know exactly what i will be doing , it all depends on what leads up to that day. If there is a growing threat of nuclear war or what ever, i will probably be in my basement or something to be on the safe side. But , it all depends on what happens leading up to then..
right now , N.K is shooting nukes over japan and #, maybe nuclear fallout is closer than we expect, we don't all know forsure. ( Apparently N.K has no balls.. Haven't read to much myself)
The mayan calender thing , well maybe they just ran out of time making it , like our cell phones.. They only go up to 3000 . maybe in 950 years they will find one of our cell phones, and base doomsday on an old phone ?

Who knows, Lots of things change in a couple of years..

[edit on 11-6-2009 by C0NSP1R1ST]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i will be drinking smirnoff somewhere anyway so i will be set if it happens or not

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

If I had a nickel for every person throughout history who believed that he or she was living in the "End Times," I would almost have enough to fund half of what Obama wants to spend money on!

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I will log onto ATS and say, "And so another day, another year, another lifetime rolls by".

Because thats what will happen

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Likely the exact same thing I did the day before, live my life as usual. LOL I am however going to be staying home that new years, can you imagine the wackadoos that will be out that night! No thank you, I want no part of that.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Personnally i am planning on nothing happening, as i dont have a choice otherwise as i have aging parents to look after and my country does not allow us to stockpile automatic weapons :-).

I think we willsee somthing happen, but as to what we will have to just wait and see.

Live your life and make plans for it, this happened about y2k and we are all still here.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Question:

For all of those that believe the upcoming years will go off without a hitch, how do you explain the very-detailed depictions/glyphs of the coming alignment and end-times as found in the areas where the Maya, Sumerians, Hopi, etc. lived?

I am on-the-fence about the whole 2012 doomsday scenario -- I view it more as a progressive train-wreck rather than an instant demise on 12-21-2012.

But, I do find it difficult to understand how and why all of these various cultures from vast regions around the world would depict similar scenarios. I mean, it's not like they could call each other and discuss the "prophecies" for the day or anything.

Since I have trouble justifying it as mere coincidence, I am curious as to how others explain it away.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join