It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Nothing Happens, What Will You Do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I agree that the future is not set... but it seems like you may have skimmed my post instead of reading and watching the quotes and video.

I even had this in bold:The most important of these may be the assertion that human beings have the choice between two ways of life: the traditional Hopi way and the way of the white man or Pahana.

What if we are just supposed to learn to make our own reality, instead of the one TPTB are creating for us?

Are you aware of the Occult connections to supposed NWO and Nazis and the like? If the people that run this world believe in that stuff, does it not merit investigation by us to determine their motive?

Also, when you write off prophecy, I also get a feeling that you did not understand or maybe missed the cyclical time aspect of my post. It is not prophecy if it is a natural cycle and has happened before...like I tried to illustrate in this bolded sentence:

Future developments can be anticipated because of similar events in previous worlds.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
Are you aware of the Occult connections to supposed NWO and Nazis and the like? If the people that run this world believe in that stuff, does it not merit investigation by us to determine their motive?

Also, when you write off prophecy, I also get a feeling that you did not understand or maybe missed the cyclical time aspect of my post. It is not prophecy if it is a natural cycle and has happened before...like I tried to illustrate in this bolded sentence:

Future developments can be anticipated because of similar events in previous worlds.

Yes history repeats itself but saying it will do so in 2012 is a prophecy. I am well aware of the occult connections to the Nazi's although i question why you seem to think all occultism is bad. Unless i have misinterpreted what you think of the occult. Basically no, i did not skim your post, i am well versed on this subject, from Nibiru to the great owl
I just happent o think people are playing others with this 2012 stuff for their own financial gain.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

No, I am of the belief that the Occult is simply that, hidden. It is misused and misinterpreted to give an impression of 'bad' by those that want it to stay hidden.

Your definition of Prophecy is locked into a linear view of time. While I myself believed that for most of my life, it cannot be so.

If time is cyclic, then this type of prophecy is not locked into a linear definition. It would only appear to be prophecy from a linear perspective, but in reality it would just be an event on a predictable cycle - like seasons.

If I told you right now that winter will come in six months, it is not a prophecy as much as it is a pattern. If no one knew that winter was coming, and that seasons operate in cycles - they would call it prophecy. But since we have all experienced many yearly cycles through the seasons, it only seems logical that the pattern continue predictably.

Also, Space-Time physics say that space and time are inseparable. They are fundamentally linked - you change or mess with one aspect, you change or mess with the other. Space-time 'fabric' is usually a good visual.

So if space exhibits fractal tendencies, should time not as well?

I presume you are aware of the fractals in nature, and math such as Fibonnacci sequence and ratio PHI - that outline how space arranges itself fractally. If space(that which we can see) is fractal, then time(that which we cannot) must be fractal as well.

If there is a flaw in this logic, there is a flaw in Space-Time physics...

edit: I am sure there are flaws in the Space-Time model, but for the most part I think it is relatively(no pun intended) correct.

P.S. sorry if I derailed your thread. I guess I forgot what was the topic
[edit on 22-5-2009 by beebs]

[edit on 22-5-2009 by beebs]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

Regardless, my original question was what people will do when 2012 doesn't show any real massive event. I mean obviously i cannot say there won't be one, there could be a massive bird blu outbreak, or some smallpox long lost comes from somewhere, WW3 coudl start etc. However i prescribe to the odds, and odd are none of that will happen in 2012. I mean it will no doubt happen eventually but specifying a date is tricky.

So my original question of what will people do when nothing happens stands.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I agree with this statement, there is a lot of madness surrounding 2012, the changes now are obvious but not ta all for those who see the changes its subtle for those who dont it may come as a big suprise, stay centered in the now for me is the only way to be.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

i wonder if that question has ever crossed their minds, it is something i to have thought about a lot there is a lot of madness and fearmongering around this date, minoki (however you spell it) is one, the keys to ascension apparantly so someone says, if you dont have these symbols you dont ascend so I have heard people say, the crystal skulls mmmh another interesting one, why Bermuda?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by serin sister
why Bermuda?

Hey if i had to retire somewhere then Bermuda isn't to bad
Anyway it sounded jet setty for a con man/woman to retire to

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

bermuda is very special but very expensive.......................there is a myth about bermuda I am sure my sis told me as she lived there once that it may give you new abilaties or strip them away, any way if they had integraty these people 2012 then I guess they would not really be able to work again. how could they?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by serin sister

Con artists always find another way. The sad thing is they will simply move on to the next con, the next prophecy and claim that they were deceived with the previous one, or that it has been stopped by people believing in them or well you get the picture here.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I really think there will just always be something to worry about.

A light bulb just went off....maybe we NEED something to worry about....maybe it keeps us in line.

If I yell at you, you might beat me up...if I steal your stuff I might go to jail...if I don't believe the right thing I might go to a really hot place and not have any water...

Maybe others recognize that as long as we are worried about these things, we are a lot easier to control...

I'm trying to learn not to worry about things I can't change, but in all honesty, to answer you question, I will probably move on to the next thing to worry about.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I will shrug my shoulders and think "I guess we got off on the wrong exit" and move on. I don't care what will happen in 2012. I think something might, but if something is, I sure as hell can't stop it, so why worry about it.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
People have been believing that something like the rapture would happen for 400+ years. Still hasn't happened, but people keep believing. There will always be a doom scenario that excites people. If it isn't religious in nature then it will be something like Y2K.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I'll likely call everyone I know who believes in the 2012 prophecy and rub it in their faces and say something like "Ha ha, the world didn't blow up, guess your silly new age Y2K 2.0 doomsaying was all for nothing, but look on the bright side, you're not dead and neither are the rest of us, now can we get on with our lives and worry about issues that matter?"

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
When nothing happens I will not pay attention to anymore doomsday theories.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't know something tells me 12 21 2012 is a significant date.

For one there is this.

biblecodedigest.com...

Then...

1+2+2+1+2+0+1+2=11

The alignment is at 11:11 UTC.

12 21 12

3 3 3

Perhaps the return of their founders? They claim they were founded by a race of forgotten giants or something of the like.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

The problem you have is that people are designed to see patterns. If someone made up a date, any date then said something amazing will happen on that date, someone, somewhere will find a pattern that confirms it.

I would point out that numerous dates have been posted on ATS with all sorts of "evidence" behind then and yet, nothing ever happens. So why has this particular date caught your interest?

Oh and the bible code is a scam. They pick out a lot of their prophecies after they have happened. If it's such a good pattern why can't they predict things?

[edit on 26-5-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hi start a thread with a survey on how many people watsed money buying doomsday books, videos etc then have a good laugh posting on all the Nibiru ,2012 threads asking why nothing happened AND what the revised date now is so they can buy a new lot of dvd's and books which I may write and film myself once I find out how many were daft enough to part with cash.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The Bible Codes are very very real, and could be misused for personal gain. Thus, you can't predict everything, but you can come close with codes or miss. It's more like a warning system and supplemental rather than absolute prophecy and focus. They are there to say "Hey, guess what?"

Also Michael Drosnin examples in that link have been taken out. The only finding was helpful but not informative to give any light. It simply says:

Where will I be on that time 21 12 2012?

That is the term. A single search resulted in one result between December 15 2012 and December 31 2012. Only one that came up was December 21 and the extension to it was a question.

SECOND EDIT: The question was already there encoded and was actually not searched for. Many Biblical matrices extend out into sentences when the researcher has not even typed in a sentence. They simply extend in all directions and form pictures, patterns, tell a detailed story or opinion, too specific into the surface text location to be chance, the odds are 1 in 12 billion trillion x 10 20 power sort of odds, etc. People think because 1 skeptic in the world found 7 pathetic unorganized terms in War and Peace and Moby Dick it's not real. The best Biblical matrix is in a single chapter of Isaiah and has many sentence terms and 1,400+ ELS terms within a short span of space. All within a body of text about what is encoded in it without the addition of the surface text, if any should be added, until afterward for comparison.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by watchtheashes]

[edit on 5/27/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Therefore that date was embedded (like many Biblical matrices) intentionally rather than a few coincidence words like in Moby Dick. Of course if the History Channel showed these than the mystery of God would not be. I bet they had to shut some of the researchers up about their most recent findings. All of the "key players" are into some sort of occultism or religious doctrine usually Satanic. Therefore I would take 12 21 2012 as seriously as they do. They are after all the men behind the world's curtain.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

It's more like a warning system and supplemental rather than absolute prophecy and focus. They are there to say "Hey, guess what?"

I have had to live with an ability to see the patterns in apparent chaos since I was 5. That has left me a lot of time to think about the nature of prophecy and time. Currently, I tend to view it as this:

1) All time is already built, insomuch as we can experience. Best I can relate it to is a street grid in a city. All the streets are there. All we can do is follow them. (yes, you can go off roading, which would be intentionally making random decisions and accepting the consequences)
2) Prophecy is like having a GPS system with real time traffic updates. There may not actually be a traffic jam where is shows one by the time you get there, but you got a heads up and you can plan accordingly. If you change your route to get around traffic, how do you know the traffic was there in the first place? You cannot. Its kind of a faith issue, I guess.
3) The side effect of this is that you cannot change the past or the future. You can change you personal experience of it, but that would be a very induvidual experience.

So as I said before, with relation to the subject of this thread... I would simply shrug and say "we must have taken the wrong exit".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join