It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Census idiot in my driveway threatening the police

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well done for standing up for your rights!

You should see the amount of questions we are legally required to answer in the UK census. This is the 2001 England Census (pdf)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
hehe not that you have much to gain from a gps database now that they are complaining that the gps satelites are going out of service.

just a waste of money and resources for something they allready know.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just to let you all know I received a booklet for my business also. A business census. It was at lest 12 pages of extreamly personal yet business questions.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by saralee]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Ghe, today i also had such a person in the "patio"[not front doors here], it was in Leiden The Netherlands...I know there are more Dutch people on this site, people encoutered this too?
He said he had a gps reciever, which didnt work[hehe] but it was about the fact that the aerial photo's of the street needed to be updated because lots of people here did rebuildings on their houses, it was a very polite man btw.. I didnt really cared about it[since it is not my house i live in an apartment] but i thought it was odd since it is happening here too..

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

Would have really p'ed him off if your husband had told him to wait a minute or two, and he can have access to the door...THEN returned to the drive outside your gates WITH the door, after having just removed it from it's hinges!!

How could he argue?

He got access to the front door didn't he?!

Congrats on standing up for yourselves.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

The GPS coordinates are for the Predator drone and hellfire missles should you become a liability.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The GPS national Survey truck was in my area parked on a side street.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
Neither the census guy NOR the sheriff pulled into our actual driveway. They stayed parked in the street. The sheriff Deputy exited his truck and census jerk was talking to him with his hands flailing everywhere. The cop just stood there. Then I saw the cop get back into his truck and sit there for a minute with the door open. 10 seconds later, I look out and the cop has pulled away and left. Then I see census boy pull away and leave.

I would give $100 to find out what the cop told the jerk. He must have told him he can't enter our driveway because he was told not to tresspass?? Either way, they're both gone and census jerk has moved on to the next neighbor.

Here is the good ol' west, we still have cops that will stand up for our rights - or maybe that is just wishful thinking. I hope it's true though.

The fact remains that the jerk didn't do his job - he didn't find out how many people live here!!!!! We would have answered that question because that's a perfectly constitutional question to ask. Demanding to tag our front door though is going too far. Now, for all the rest of you, put up a chain link fence around the perimeter of your yard and throw a rottweiler out there.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BorrowedTime

I would bet $100. the cop told the census drone that his badge trumped the golden pass and that he did not have time for this crap so take a hike... B bye.
(That's what I would have told him) but then again he would be talking to the hand... The hand holding Mr Glock!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
Neither the census guy NOR the sheriff pulled into our actual driveway. They stayed parked in the street. The sheriff Deputy exited his truck and census jerk was talking to him with his hands flailing everywhere. The cop just stood there. Then I saw the cop get back into his truck and sit there for a minute with the door open. 10 seconds later, I look out and the cop has pulled away and left. Then I see census boy pull away and leave.

I would give $100 to find out what the cop told the jerk. He must have told him he can't enter our driveway because he was told not to tresspass?? Either way, they're both gone and census jerk has moved on to the next neighbor.

Here is the good ol' west, we still have cops that will stand up for our rights - or maybe that is just wishful thinking. I hope it's true though.

The fact remains that the jerk didn't do his job - he didn't find out how many people live here!!!!! We would have answered that question because that's a perfectly constitutional question to ask. Demanding to tag our front door though is going too far. Now, for all the rest of you, put up a chain link fence around the perimeter of your yard and throw a rottweiler out there.

There is a lot of cities and counties in this country that do not permit homeowners from putting up a chain link fence around your yard. Pretty sad huh?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
We went through that last year with a GPS guy. He said it was for Google Earth and we told him to move on.

I'm sure they'll be back this year.
What are my rights about this matter? Can I refuse to open my gate?
BTW, we filled out the Census form and mailed it. Is that all I'm legally obligated to do?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't get it. Our census forms are due on April 1st right? So noone should be coming to your door (if you didn't fill out the form) until at least May. Somehow this smells like something rotten.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thats because this thread was started 21 May 2009.

Someone decided to ressurect an old thread. You did read the whole OP correct?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

Oh good Lord, I did read the OP, I DID NOT notice the date, I just got up. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I routinely turn away census takers. As previously stated, I also refused to allow our home to be GPS'd but the fellow "mapped" us from the road. The way I see it, I completed the form and that should be enough. Yet this Google Earth mapping seems to be separate. It's highly invasive. Privacy may go the way of the cuckoo--extinct.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
reply to post by Miracle Man

Oh good Lord, I did read the OP, I DID NOT notice the date, I just got up. Thank you.

Your welcome.

By the way, the date is the first thing I noticed.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What's the margin of error on a GPS guided projectile and could this be why the door to the house needs to be "tagged", to reduce this? If they simply "tagged" your property from the curb side it may make for pretty hit and miss targeting. A bit out there I know, but anything is possible these days.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
A guided missle to your door? Not hardly. Nothing will ever be so obvious.

Think: "an ear of corn reaped in silence"

The owl has shreaded wingtips that provide a silent flight. Owl imagery used in a symbolic manner dates back to ancient Egypt.

The two protectors of the realm are the vulture goddess and the cobra.

Think: Brotherhood of the snake. Who wears the hoods?

The owl is the night cockeriel.
Think: "Two in the bed; one taken, one left behind....where are they going?....where the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". (Luke 17)

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
There are ways to block/jam GPS. A quick search online and you can find how to make them yourself or buy one. There are a number of rules/laws you must go by as far as how much power and range of the jammer.

But some are as small if not smaller than your cell phone...

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join