It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US police fired over beating film

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I understand that the officers did not follow protocol by beating him up, but it won't change what I think about that criminal. He got well-deserved beating, imo.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Should've come to Texas a few years ago lol

The citizens of my beat had a petition going to try and get the city council to try and get me back with a pay raise.

I had about 3000 citizens on my beat, and had ~2400 signatures

All I did was follow the golden rule.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

He was sentenced for 20 years. You can basically say Justice was served.

Warren pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and was given a 20-year prison sentence.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sorry people but the guy might just be a little more innocent then some here would try to portray him not to be.

From what I can see the officer is throwing down some type of tire deflating device as cops are known to do, especially ones that are waiting for the advancing suspect. This cop probably had just gotten ahead of the fleeing van and had acted a bit too late.

The man in the fleeing van was trying to avoid his tires being blown out. Not attempting vehicular homicide as many here would like to believe.

The 5 cops should have been fired as they were. And they should be prosecuded to the fullest extent of the law.

But let us say that he did try and run over that cop. This doesn't give the cops the right to beat that man anyway. If cops start firing guns and a suspect fires back out of the interests of self defense and a cop gets hit does that give cops the right to shoot him once he surrenders? No it does not.

We see these police flying court punishments again and again here. Judges and Juries are for sentencing and delivering punishment....NOT COPS! Please get that through your heads, those of you who have lost site of that fact. If you can not do your job without taking retaliation against citizens then you don't deserve to be a cop... Period.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join