It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US police fired over beating film

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I gotta be honest, I hate police brutality as much as the next sane citizen, such as the one profiled on CNN recently of the two cops choking out the 14 year old.

However in this case, the driver clearly steered his vehicle into a police officer which looked like he crushed his lower leg. He almost killed a guy doing his job protecting other people on the road. What if he has a wife and kids at home? If he did, they could have lost their father because of this loser?

I would be pissed too. I know they are cops and they need to show more decorum, but it's the heat of the moment and they almost lost a colleague because of an irrelevant human being. I know that sounds a bit NWO'ish, but let's be honest, our society is better off if that nutcase doesn't drive again or walk the streets. It looks bad on the video yes and he obviously needed medical attention...but man I understand.

This is just like the Chris Rock bit about OJ Simpson. I'm not saying they should have done it...but I understand.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I usually defend the police in these situations, but this was a bit over the top. I agree they should have been fired, but I dont know about charging them with a crime. You do a lot of crazy stuff when your adrenaline is pumping and you were nearly killed.

Though, I do hope the criminal gets charged with attempted murder for driving his car right at that officer.

Lets always not forget that he probably wouldnt have been beaten or flung out of his car if he didnt run from the police in the first place. So in a way he caused this himself whether it was right or wrong for the officers to beat him.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The question is this, the guy that jumped on his head was very stupid, I mean clearly he enough seconds to ascertain, the suspect was just ejected as the van rolled over him and if you look at it almost on the concrete drainage.

He clearly had enough time to ascertain that the suspect was not moving and there were several other officers already in complete control over the unconscious suspect, he then proceeds to blindly beat about the guys head that might either have a broken neck or some brain injury and really from a morbid standpoint might have been dead already, he was completely defenseless.

These guys are idiots and they deserve everything coming to them, too bad an officer did get his leg run over, but above all police are professionals and they are not to administer punishment, although we know that does happen.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by phinubian]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
All i can say is..they took advantage and beat up an unconsciuos man..what an act of bravery and MEN albamana PD!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

actually laurauk that is in all sense of the word"not carrying out the law,but breaking the law to serve the corporation and the police gangs".
gestapo tatics?yes! to imprint in the mind of americans that this is what will happen if....
i say yes sir no sir when talking to police and i am not violent and if i get hurt while in their custody i will sue them personally and their childrens children.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

He was charged with attempted murder of an officer, plead guilty to aggravated assault, and has been in prison for over a year.

I forget how long his sentence was, fourteen years, maybe?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Ah so do you know what his injuries were and which ones were caused by the police and which ones were caused by flipping his van? Also, did he end up suing and winning any money?

[edit on 5/21/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

This news "broke" yesterday. I'm not sure if anyone knows which injuries resulted from which.

He has, however lawyered up, so I'm sure that he will be suing.

The fact that the officers were fired within days of this video being brought tio light can only help his lawsuit.

If it is shown that the video was intentionally hidden, then they could be looking at civil rights violations, which equals even more
(of the taxpayers) $$$$'s.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Thanks for the info. Nothing like a guy cashing in for a problem his own stupidity caused in the first place. Gotta love America. Gotta love Lawyers. Gotta love idiots who fall butt backward into money by trying to kill a bunch of people.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Contrary to popular belief most Officers are pretty decent people here in the US. There are bad ones though, just like where you live.

Not much of conspiracy when the story is that bad Cops were justifiably fired. All it proves is that their superiors are on the ball and honest.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
He almost killed a cop that's why they did it.

Therefore they are not able to control their anger and need to be removed from the job.

Then charged and arrested.

Matters not what he did, they are not the judge. They are the LAW enforcers. Those, you know, who you expect to enforce the law, not break it.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I used to trust the police.

Now I think that they are thugs and puppets operated by the antichrist. Or operated by the person who can give them the most power.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Originally posted by Laurauk
Oh I guess some members are going to come on here and defend these police officers for what they done.

No not too many will defend the actions of these animals.

What most will do though, is say that because these 5 cops did this, then every cop must be just as bad.

Strange, I've yet to meet a cop in perth who is worth his uniform.

And believe me, I've have many run in's with them.

Chad, is that just a political statement, or do you really believe it?

I've seen more corrupt coppers in Perth than I care to recall - let alone want to. I was not the best kid on the block, and while I deserved a lot of the crap I copped, I certainly didn't deserve some of the beatings I got, just to get me to name a certain culprit or whatever...

And these days it's worse than ever. Arrogance outweighs morality in most officers.

Soon we will be putting up with tales such as this in WA of all places.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by Laurauk

The criminal (criminal not suspect) pled guilty to his charge. If he had pleaded not guilty, had his trial and had been found guilty then he would have something to appeal.

He can't appeal his own admission.

I agree with Chadwickus. Nobody should defend these five former officers and not many will.

What most will do (as you can see already) is assume all cops are like this because of the actions of a few.

Wait - WAIT!

this is not a one off situation. This video is from over a year ago.

We see it all the time.

When CAN we say "Hey there seems to be a problem here, uhh why?"

before you accept it??

It is NOT a single event. It's a recurring one.

Sheesh...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by jd140

I undserstand though that some members will stick up for other police officer who do some good things for the community. But seems alot of cases are comming to light with regards to law enforcement officers using thier own methods of Justice. Rather than letting Justice take its own course.

The reason you see videos like this is because it shows cops in a bad light.

Whens the last time you saw a video of a cop give a motorist a verbal warning for speeding or a video of a cop helping an old lady change a flat tire on the side of the highway?

Wheres the story in that? How would that make headlines?

Behold! A cop who keeps it together while the guy he pulled over loses his mind.

www.youtube.com...

And, as far as the cops in the beating video, they got what they deserved. Actually I think they deserve more, but that's just me.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatobserver
The job of the police is NOT to settle the score or some kind of revenge behavior! That's redneck

or possibly urban "gangster"

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

This news "broke" yesterday. I'm not sure if anyone knows which injuries resulted from which.

He has, however lawyered up, so I'm sure that he will be suing.

The fact that the officers were fired within days of this video being brought tio light can only help his lawsuit.

If it is shown that the video was intentionally hidden, then they could be looking at civil rights violations, which equals even more
(of the taxpayers) $$$$'s.

I bet this criminal and his "lawyer" are raging a black cop was involved!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This video is a good example of why police chases should be banned for all but the most serious offenses.

Why we allow the police to ratchet up the danger to everyone in the path of a chase is really the problem here. Until the police have EMP car weapons or kill switches for all licensed cars people are going to run - you can't change human nature. It just doesn't make sense they are allowed to have these chases - it is not a war zone and they are not warriors.

Their behavior is not unlike any other criminal gang as we see here and yet they are supposed to be upholding the law.

Perhaps if the first cop wouldn't of started clubbing the unconscious suspect, the others wouldn't have jumped in as it seems mob mentality took over and some of these imbeciles just saw their comrades clubbing and thought that they should get a few licks in.

Again if we didn't allow chases - then we wouldn't have a bunch of adrenalin junkies clubbing unconscious bodies like a bunch of raving lunatics.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Well I guess I'm going to have to play devil's advocate here, because I really don't care for that criminal. He made an intentional effort to collide his vehicle against a police officer....in other words he tried to kill one of the officers on the road...not to mention his complete disregard for the safety of other civilians on the road. That guy is complete scum and I don't care how much of a beating he got. What disgusts me is how people seem to always blame the police before they look at the big picture. If anything, these officers should have been given promotions.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by laiguana]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

I'm not so sure he purposely tried to hit that cop as if you watch the video the car appears to graze the car on his left and it looks like his left front wheel might have caught the front end of that car. The loss of wheel speed on the left front wheel could have cause the violent left veer which the suspect then regained control ant steered right as he was grazing the cop.

Regardless we have a Constitution and our police don't have the authority to be judge and jury - they cannot violate anyone's civil rights ad that's exactly what they did.. Beating an unconscious person for any reason is the act of cowards, monsters and criminals.

They were rightly fired and hopefully they will be changed as the criminals the represented in this video.

I think cop cameras are a good thing and I hope they will all wear them on their person and then maybe they'll begin to understand that they can't break the law just because they're lawmen.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by verylowfrequency]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join