It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US police fired over beating film

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by blueorder

My problem with this is, they have the right to appeal against thier sackings, where as the suspect is in jail. Hopefully the sackings will be upheald and those involved are jailed also.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Laurauk]

That post suggests that you believe the criminal should be able to appeal his case.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
As an ex-officer, i agree with the people who are bashing the cops.

This was brutal and uncalled for. They are a disgrace to their fellow officers, their badge, and the people they were sworn to protect.

I do hope they get charged with something.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

reply to post by jd140

I undserstand though that some members will stick up for other police officer who do some good things for the community. But seems alot of cases are comming to light with regards to law enforcement officers using thier own methods of Justice. Rather than letting Justice take its own course.

The reason you see videos like this is because it shows cops in a bad light.

Whens the last time you saw a video of a cop give a motorist a verbal warning for speeding or a video of a cop helping an old lady change a flat tire on the side of the highway?

Wheres the story in that? How would that make headlines?

There are alot of cops and alot of cameras out there. I'm actually suprised by how few incidents there are.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

My problem with this is, they have the right to appeal against thier sackings, where as the suspect is in jail. Hopefully the sackings will be upheald and those involved are jailed also.

Yes, but what is the problem with me calling the cops thugs and saying this thug also endangered lives

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I did not say that there was a problem with you calling the police officers thugs or the suspect, stop trying to put words into my mouth.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I am sorry but that excuse just doesn't work in this case. Police officers helping people is in their job requirements. That is what they should be doing, to protect and serve.

They should be held to a higher standard. We should not be lowering the bar for the law enforcement of this nation.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I did not say that there was a problem with you calling the police officers thugs or the suspect, stop trying to put words into my mouth.

You took issue with my post which said exactly that, so those are your own words

I have no sympathy for any of the parties involved

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
thuggish behaviour from the cops and from this fella- how would he have liked it if his attempts to outrun the police had meant he crashed into a bus full of kids?

Also, note the "race" comment, just as well a black officer was involved or else the incident would have been "worse" eh

Oh, it was a racist attack. The 'blue' people against everyone else.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
Oh, it was a racist attack. The 'blue' people against everyone else.

that is not how these group identity victim merchants see the race issue...........

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

reply to post by jd140

I undserstand though that some members will stick up for other police officer who do some good things for the community. But seems alot of cases are comming to light with regards to law enforcement officers using thier own methods of Justice. Rather than letting Justice take its own course.

Whens the last time you saw a video of a cop give a motorist a verbal warning for speeding or a video of a cop helping an old lady change a flat tire on the side of the highway?

There are alot of cops and alot of cameras out there. I'm actually suprised by how few incidents there are.

You know, I have said this many times on ATS.

I used to be a cop. I would say about 90% of cops are in it for the powertrip. Only 10% are in it to genuinely serve and protect.

That is why I got out.

I would say about 95% of the 90% are lemmings. They follow orders, no questions asked.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

It is a real shame that you are prevented of doing your life's work, for everyone.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

Nobody said it was an excuse. I certainly didn't use it as one.

I simply stated that extreme sells. Nobody wants to watch the videos I mentioned, there isn't any excitement in it. Nobody wants to start a thread with said videos, they wouldn't get page over page of people praising them.

You are right. It is there job, that is what they are paid for. After seeing video after video of cops doing wrong. Don't you think those who do their job as they are supposed to deserve a pat on the back?

But you won't see a video of cops doing good, because of people like you who act as if they aren't there until you feel they have wronged you.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

You mean the ones you met, right? Unless you went to a mandatory national cop conferance and you got to know them all personally.

Its easy to quit when things get tough. If you really were a cop and was doing some good then its a shame you let a few bad apples run you off.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Oh I guess some members are going to come on here and defend these police officers for what they done. It is absolutely disgusting that Police officers do this to supects who either lay down on the ground or who are out cold. The video is on the link also. The police even tried to tamper with the evidence. Absolutely disgusting. Instead of firing them, they themselves should be arrested for assault for one, and also arrested for trying to perverse the course of justice by not comming forward with regards to the video footage.

Yeah, except if that driver had hit your son or your mom or something... then I bet you'd feel differently.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

reply to post by xxpigxx

You mean the ones you met, right? Unless you went to a mandatory national cop conferance and you got to know them all personally.

Its easy to quit when things get tough. If you really were a cop and was doing some good then its a shame you let a few bad apples run you off.

You know nothing.

I went to trainings, conferences, etc. I met hundreds of officers. From patrol to Chief's, Deupties, Sheriffs, Constables, Rangers, FBI, even Secret Service.

I was in correspondence with many many law enforcement officials. I still talk to quite a few of them . . . the normal ones at least.

You are right, it is easy to quit when the going gets tough.

It is not easy to quit a thing that you love to do. It is not easy to be told to do something that you know is wrong, and to stand up and say no repeatedly, knowing you are banging your head against a brick wall.

In essence, please do not speak about things you do not know about. Please do not judge me, when you do not know me or my circumstances.

So back to the story, jd, what right did the officers have to do what they did?

Do not get me wrong. I will, and have defended the police many times here on ATS. ATS has a way of blowing things out of proportion sometimes.

But let me ask you . . . Who did they protect and serve? Who did this UNCONSCIOUS man pose a threat to?

[edit on 21/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
He almost killed a cop that's why they did it.

The job of the police is NOT to settle the score or some kind of revenge behavior! That's redneck and shouldn't be tolerated within the police.

For what they did in the video they should get prosecuted and put in front of a court.

To get fired as the only consequence is just like to give a rapist a condom and wish him a nice day.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by thegreatobserver]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Unfortunately sending a cop to prison would pretty much be a death sentence unless they put in a lot of effort to hide who he was and why hes there. But many prison guards are corrupt and the population would soon find out and the officer would eventually meet his maker.

I don't think they would deserve that kind of punishment for beating up a guy in the heat of the moment. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, I just know that many of you would have done the same thing if some moron almost killed your friend and you had to chase him around for awhile.

They should just make one big prison to send all the dirty cops in America. That way they would be safe from death and would be able to serve their sentence without getting knocked off first. I'm sure that the state of our current prison system and the fate that awaits dirty cops probably keeps a lot of them clean though.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx

reply to post by jd140

You know, I have said this many times on ATS.

I used to be a cop. I would say about 90% of cops are in it for the powertrip. Only 10% are in it to genuinely serve and protect.

That is why I got out.

I would say about 95% of the 90% are lemmings. They follow orders, no questions asked.

Interesting and I agree, from my run-ins with the cops (no i'm not a criminal, i ran away from home several times as a teen).

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Contrary to what these cops might think, it's not their job to mete out justice.

Police brutality certainly isn't policy like it used to be, but it still happens on a pretty regular basis.

I think police should get the same penalties for assaulting a citizen as a citizen would get for assaulting an officer. I'm sure the prospect of sharing a cell with someone they put away for a few years would make them act more responsibly.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This beating happened over a year and a half ago, and the "victim" didn't even realize his injuries had been because of the cops.

He was told, and beleived that his injuries were the result of his crash.

The video is being shown now due to an anonymous whistle blower, and the investigation is looking into why the video was deep-sixed, why it was, and who all had a hand in the hiding of this video.

There will be some brass heads rolling on this, or at least should be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join