It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US police fired over beating film

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

US police fired over beating film

news.bbc.co.uk

Five US police officers in Birmingham, Alabama have been fired for beating an unconscious suspect who had crashed his car in a police pursuit.

The attack on Anthony Warren took place in January 2008, but police video footage has only just been made public.

It was uncovered in March by prosecutors preparing a case against Warren for assaulting an officer, for which he was later convicted
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Oh I guess some members are going to come on here and defend these police officers for what they done. It is absolutely disgusting that Police officers do this to supects who either lay down on the ground or who are out cold. The video is on the link also. The police even tried to tamper with the evidence. Absolutely disgusting. Instead of firing them, they themselves should be arrested for assault for one, and also arrested for trying to perverse the course of justice by not comming forward with regards to the video footage.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here are more links with regarding this case:

CNN

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Well the police are brainless thugs working for the biggest and dirtiest maffia of all - the "government"...Anyone who supports and defends these psychopaths is your/our enemy!!!

I have seen so much abuse,"they" are chosen precisely for their low IQ and lack of empathy, I am surprised they were fired.

Hard reality to wake up to, but I am glad the OP has a strong grip on what is right and wrong, it is reassuring for me. S&F

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
They should be arrested and put in jail or at least fined their asses off.

Police brutality is treason.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Are they insane?! The car he was driving rolled over and he was flung out of the window - he might have been laying there in desperate need of medical attention and they start laying into him.

Brutal, utterly brutal.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
thuggish behaviour from the cops and from this fella- how would he have liked it if his attempts to outrun the police had meant he crashed into a bus full of kids?

Also, note the "race" comment, just as well a black officer was involved or else the incident would have been "worse" eh

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
He almost killed a cop that's why they did it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Roll your eyes all you want, at least the suspect has been convicted for what he had done.

Where as the Police officers in question has the right to appeal, pathetic, something very wrong in this I swear. What they going to claim that the video footage was planted lmaoooo. It makes it worse they and thier supervisors knew about the tape for over a year and did not even say anything.

He almost killed a cop that's why they did it.

So they had every right to beat the guy up?? OMG lmaooooooo.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

S&F

It seems like these videos are popping up on a daily basis now.

The gestapo has nothing on these guys and a growing number of law enforcement officers in the nation.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

No they didn't but that's why they did in my opinion.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I am posting longer footage of this, which is on you tube:

Police Beating caught on tape

Have a look at it before they remove it from you tube. Or before someone forces themto remove the footage.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Who cares why they did this - anyone in his right mind can see they are NUTS for kicking and punching someone already unconscious. So Revenge is acceptable for pigs but not for the rest of us... what a shame

[edit on 21-5-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
reply to post by Laurauk

No they didn't but that's why they did in my opinion.

You want to know why they did it? Adrenaline was running high, they lacked the education to understand that they are not the judge and jury, and they want to be able to slap each other on the back down at the precinct. "Boy, you should have been there, he came out swinging but I took him down." They also didn't fear consequences because of the good ol' boy network in Bama. Of course, they made the mistake so many of their brothers in arms do, they left the video running. I wouldn't be surprised if the officers that lost their jobs were quickly hired by a neighboring law enforcement agency.

It is a really sad situation. The Police are supposed to represent the high moral authority of a community. As citizens we should expect nothing less that the cops to rush up and begin administering CPR and first aid. To serve and protect. Save his life to get him into the court room, where if guilty, he will pay the price for his crimes.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

Well there you go, so much for the police meant to set an example to oridnary citizens and children. Instaed of enforcing the law, they are carrying out the law, by beating up suspects, without due process of justice.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Roll your eyes all you want, at least the suspect has been convicted for what he had done.

the rolling of my eyes was in relation to the obligatory "race" aspect which usually must be discussed in these situations, that ok with you?

Where as the Police officers in question has the right to appeal, pathetic, something very wrong in this I swear. What they going to claim that the video footage was planted lmaoooo. It makes it worse they and thier supervisors knew about the tape for over a year and did not even say anything.

not sure what you are on about, the cops are thugs and so is this thug who put other peoples' lives in danger- what is your problem with that?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
They should be arrested and put in jail or at least fined their asses off.

Police brutality is treason.

My local news station just reported on this situtation. I live in North Alabama. The mayor of Birmingham spoke about it and all I remember him saying is that those policemen will be losing there jobs and that's it.

I lived in Birmingham for two years because of college. That place has issues, mainly most of the issues are because of there mayor. I don't want to get into details about him.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

My problem with this is, they have the right to appeal against thier sackings, where as the suspect is in jail. Hopefully the sackings will be upheald and those involved are jailed also.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Oh I guess some members are going to come on here and defend these police officers for what they done.

No not too many will defend the actions of these animals.

What most will do though, is say that because these 5 cops did this, then every cop must be just as bad.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

The criminal (criminal not suspect) pled guilty to his charge. If he had pleaded not guilty, had his trial and had been found guilty then he would have something to appeal.

He can't appeal his own admission.

I agree with Chadwickus. Nobody should defend these five former officers and not many will.

What most will do (as you can see already) is assume all cops are like this because of the actions of a few.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I did not post that the Dude involved could appeal his sentence. Can you point out where I did? I was refferring to the 5 Police officers involved.

I undserstand though that some members will stick up for other police officer who do some good things for the community. But seems alot of cases are comming to light with regards to law enforcement officers using thier own methods of Justice. Rather than letting Justice take its own course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join