It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld's Top Secret Intelligence Reports Were Covered in Biblical Quotes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Rumsfeld's Top Secret Intelligence Reports Were Covered in Biblical Quotes

www.alternet.or g

WASHINGTON (AFP) -- Former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld routinely used militaristic passages from the Bible on the cover pages of White House intelligence documents, according to new revelations by GQ magazine.

It said Rumsfeld displayed the passages over photographs of U.S. forces in Iraq to curry favor with then president George W. Bush, despite concerns about the incendiary impact on the Islamic world if they were ever made public.

One republished on the GQ website came from March 31, 2003, showing a U.S. tank roaring through the desert about 10 days after the United States invad
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This kind of thing is really disturbing and scary. When govts use religion to justify actions creates and us vs. them mentality. I will never understand how those who claim to be so righteous and just will use the bible to justify killing and war. Seems a little ironic to me.

Q: WWJD?

A: Bomb all those SOBs and let my Dad sort them out.

www.alternet.or g
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

UPDATE: This practice has stopped

[edit on 20-5-2009 by iamcamouflage]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I really really REALLY dislike organized religion.

Was it a war for oil, a holy war or a war for profit?

Or worse yet, how about all three?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Here are some links to the pics.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Pic 8

Pic 9

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
it wouldnt be the first time religious quotes were used to justify violence and wont be the last. why he did this is kind of a mystery to me. to make things look better for bush like some sick greeting card? propably more to make it seem like they were doing the right thing (gods will) fooling yourself sometimes can be part of the process i believe.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

Oil, God, Money. This is what every war in history has been fought over.

Resources, Religion, Treasure = The tri-fecta of war.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by justanothergangster2

I think it was to help sell the case to Bush and make him feel like he was doing gods work. I dont think Rummy really believed any of that stuff. He used Bush's blind faith against him.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Here is the link where i found the pics. I am not familiar with the source here but it has some more information and all the pics i posted.

Rogue Government

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
reply to post by justanothergangster2

I think it was to help sell the case to Bush and make him feel like he was doing gods work. I dont think Rummy really believed any of that stuff. He used Bush's blind faith against him.

well it worked taking advantage of peoples religious beliefs is sickening but it happens everywhere. its a good thing that it didnt go further than it did but isnt there supposed to be a seperation of church and state as anti-religious as it sounds this is why there should be some protocol or something in place to keep this kind of thing from happening. despite this country being founded on christian beliefs it goes against the constitution.

new topics

top topics

join