It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few questions regarding ATS. Please Help...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I have recently just joined AboveTopSecret and are new to this whole enviroment.

- I would just like to clearify a few things.

1. Why does it not show my ATS ranking on the left i.e. Aprentice, Bronze, Gold...?
It only shows my post count and total points.

2. On my public profile page, why does it not show other statistics including Stars?

3. What is an applause?

and finally,

4. If I buy extra from the "shop" like backgrounds etc, will those points be
deducted from my total score?

Imput from both moderators and ATS members is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Pokémon]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
1.I dont think you have reached a level where it would be given(atleast thats what im telling myself) lol

2.You never see stars etc in profile just points and posts etc

3.If someone finds your post to be very good and they agree with it he/she may give you an applause.Which is 500 points.Mostly though people just give you stars to show they liked/agreed with your post,and stars dont give any points as far as im aware.

4.yes the points will be deducted.There is RATS which is really above top secret which is a special forum.It costs 5000 points for a months access.Ive never been because im a hoarder and just got over 5000 a few weeks ago

Hope i helped!

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Solomons]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Thanks for that. The only question I have though is that I have seen people with far less points then you carry around one of those ranking images.

How do you applause? I can only see a flagging system.

//Thanks

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Edit - I have just researched and found Mods only have the power to Applause. // Thanks

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokémon
I have recently just joined AboveTopSecret and are new to this whole enviroment.

- I would just like to clearify a few things.

1. Why does it not show my ATS ranking on the left i.e. Aprentice, Bronze, Gold...?
It only shows my post count and total points.

2. On my public profile page, why does it not show other statistics including Stars?

3. What is an applause?

and finally,

4. If I buy extra from the "shop" like backgrounds etc, will those points be
deducted from my total score?

Imput from both moderators and ATS members is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Umms. yeah let me answer these correctly lol

If you reference this thread it will give you your answers for the ranking system and the requirements.

Stars and flags are see on your public profile on the bottom of your avatar, you might need to highlight it with your mouse if you have a background that affects it.

Points are deducted from your ATS points,BTS points or combination depending. You get points for posts and points whenever you create a thread and people reply to it.

Applause is given to members by mods who think the post is of expetional quality and really adds to the conversation at hand.

If you have any more questions, please U2U me i'll answer anything else.

~Keeper

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Pokémon

1). You need at least 10 flags, 20 posts, and 10 stars before receiving the apprentice badge.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2). You have 12 stars. It's just very hard to see due to the text color on top of your profile color. You will see your star/flag count beneath your avatar in your profile. You can highlight the text since it's difficult to view.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

3). An applause is a way to say 'Thank you' or 'Good post' from the staff to the members. It awards the recipient 500 points. It's generally a way to acknowledge an exceptional or well researched post.

4). Yes. Purchases will be deducted from your points. When you make a purchase, be sure to select ATS points instead of BTS or Combined points so you don't end up in the negative.

Welcome to ATS. Please feel free to message me if you need anything.

[edit on 5/18/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Heya, Im new to ATS as well and found a few new features tricky myself. Thanks for bringing this up

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yes, only the moderators can applause. I am not sure how many points are offered though!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Can someone please help me also.

I have subscribed to ATS MIX via itunes. The only problem is it only downloads usually just the first 5 to 10 minuted of the shows. (This includes Politics, and BTS)

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong, or at least what is going on?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your help! I really appreciate it.

It's people like you that make Above Top Secret worth while

Thanks Again

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hi, im also new and fining it confusing getting around the site.
I have had a look at all those avatar help links but no luck.
My avatar shows on my one profile, the one with the black backgound,shows favourite media,etc. But not on my public profile or when I post a reply.
Could someone please please please have a look at my profile and provide me with some help?

top topics

join