It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cults, the Occult and New Age.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

Satanism tells you to indulge in them or at least to not deny them. But there are many things in that religion that are just as hokey as any other religious practice.
Now I don't condone or do I indulge, but I like the underlying theme that when you treat yourself best, you can treat everyone else that way as well.

My little credo is "If you don't love yourself, than you can't have the ability to love others."

I must add that a strong mind is needed for any belief structure and all belief structure can turn on you when you don't have a strong independent mind, or someone can and will take advantage of you within your own belief
structure.

very good. I can see much truth in this, how religion and ancient beliefs make you turn away from yourself, they make you feel guilty if you indulge the self. However I also agree that a very strong mind is needed or others will take advantage of you. Why as a race do we feel guilty when we do something that makes us feel good? When we do something just for us?

You have a sound mind

Even buddhism teaches to love your self so you can love others.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0eaaa43f279.jpg[/atsimg]
Source : JainWorld.com

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Very interesting thread indeed. I too have had moments where I would have labeled myself New Age, but with time I've realized that it didn't matter what category I fit into. I prefer to be like water, constantly changing it's form. New information would change my direction. Don't get my wrong, there are things that do not change, such as my belief in reincarnation(specific in nature, but not in detail), the illusion of the universe, the evolving of man and consciousness(though not necessarily as most NA's believe), and belief in a higher power/source.

I've been labeled among many things: Panendeist, Neo-Pagan, New thought, New Age, etc.. I might have taken bits and parts of all the above, but to be defined by them is something different all together.

Thing is the words that I am saying here can be taken the wrong way.
The problem I think, lies in our subjective interpretations. Words for instance are stacked with multiple meanings to different people. For instance, when I said higher power/source, some might think of it in terms that they are familiar with, like God. I believe (G)od is both personal(again stacked word) and impersonal. Call it a paradox. What I do not believe in is a God that is watching over my every thought and deed. However if an Atheist heard me say I believe in a higher power I would automatically lumped in with Monotheism.

Therein lies the problem with communicating what you believe to someone else, in that what your original intention of what is being said can, and will be misinterpreted(or interpreted subjectively) by those that listen to the symbols(words) being spoken.

Somehow I wish that we all had telepathy that way instead of trying to explain in words that can be taken out of context, we can send to each other feelings, thoughts and emotion for a purer form of communication and empathy. As with all things we are all individuals in a point in space/time with a consciousness or self, uniquely our own. That's the richness in life and a clue to what purpose we have here.

Both Mr Green and IAMNOW are spot on, because both are experiencing there own truth. Both are seekers on a different road towards the same path. I see myself in both, Mr Green you reflect my joy, wonder and curiosity, and IAMNOW you reflect my introspection, wisdom, and self realization.

Thank you again for the thread and thanks to all that posted, because the dialog was more relevant than the original topic.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

"Over the rainbow"?

Just being funny, nothing to imply.

[edit on (5/19/09) by gnosis111]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Sorry to run off topic, but that is the best avatar I've ever seen!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111

"Over the rainbow"?

Just being funny, nothing to imply.

[edit on (5/19/09) by gnosis111]

reason I ask is the rainbow bridge has always interested me.

In the theory of ascension, it is assumed that humans are composed of seven energetic or subtle bodies - physical, etheric, astral, causal, mental, celestial, and Christ consciousness. Consciousness at the physical level vibrates at the lowest frequency, and each of the successive bodies exists at higher frequencies, following the color of the rainbow, hence the rainbow bridge of consciousness. Subtle bodies are related to the seven main chakras, which correspond with specific endocrine glands.

what actually the rainbow bridge is Ive never really worked out. Maybe its the opening and raising in frequency of the seven chakras (seven colours)

www.crystalinks.com...

The seven energetic bodies is very new age, the whole area of frequencies , chakras, etheric and astral bodies is new age but its just something I seem to click with. The rainbow bridge of consciousness sounds like my sort of thing!!

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Blurringlines

Words for instance are stacked with multiple meanings to different people.

Very good line, this is also the same for body language. In the past I have pre judged people because they gave off the wrong vibe, yup and I used to blame it on Empathy “This person is negative, I feel nothing but negativity” I would say. In reality negativity isn’t something anyone or anything can pass on to me, I once used believe that, now that I’m more observant, honest and realistic to myself I now know I was the route of that negativity. Our perceptions manifest our feelings and emotions through thought; pre judgment is a hard thing to resist. It’s even harder to drop that pre judgment and see the person for who they really are “We replace reality with an image of reality in our mind” We no longer see what’s there, we see what we think is there ` what our mind tells us is there.

IamNow

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Thank you so much for that, brilliant post
and a brilliant story.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Thanks for the elephant story. It helps explain how we are all seeing different parts of the same thing. I used to be guilty of trying to change people who saw a different part to me, Id be seeing the tail while they saw the head. Id take it upon myself to try and get them to change and see the tail with me.
silly really.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
Cults, the Occult and New Age.

Occult
The term, “occult” comes from the Latin occultus or “hidden.” Generally the word is used of secret or mysterious supernatural powers or magical, religious rituals. The word “occult” in this publication is used to describe any attempt to gain supernatural power or knowledge apart from the God of the Bible. Generally it refers to witchcraft, satanism, neo-paganism, or various forms of Psychic discernment (astrology, seances, palm reading, etc.).

Somewhat occult in that I have developed some of these skills, such as telepathically contacting other-worldly entities, some divination and magic spell casting

New Age

New Age is a recent and developing belief system in North America encompassing thousands of autonomous (and sometime contradictory) beliefs, organizations, and events. Generally the New Age borrows its theology from pantheistic Eastern religions and its practices from 19th century Western occultism.

(1) All is one, all reality is part of the whole;

Yes I'm pantheistic and also animist.
Believing In Ra's (Law of One) teachings about the densities,
and how rocks have awareness or learn the lessons of awareness,
2nd density plants and animals learn growth,
3rd density humans learn choice,

(2) Everything is God and God is everything;

I subscribe to two views of God,
the prime-creator which is nothing that which was before any, and is a part of us all.
the infinite-creator which is everything, that which is around us, and that of which we are a part.

(3) Man is God or a part of God;

Yes, we/I/you have all the same potential of creating infinitely
as nothing(the prime-creator) is a part of us.

(4) Man never dies, but continues to live through reincarnation;

The body dies,
the information lives on,
spirit world accessible while living through in between life hypnosis

(5) Man can create his own reality and/or values through transformed consciousness or altered states of consciousness.

I take this to be that we can cast magic spells and experience their fruition.

So which are you and why?

Am occult and new age, though also am a blend of math and science.

Working on making New-Age a more coherent religion by establishing the "We with You Network".

Some word definitions:

Truth: What you are currently experiencing.
Know: What we with you have previously experienced.
Exist: Anything we with you can think of.

Because: an imperative implication Be-cause (NOT-OR connective) for example: I love you because You are You. an optional belief, which typically just destroys possibilities (via NOT).
Possibilities are made by putting an OR-connective between things,
for example: you can emote love or happy.

String theory, or M-theory states there are infinite variety of universes and all particles consist of vibrating strings.

Changing your vibrations (those of the particles that make up your body) changes the reality/universe in which you reside. So magick spell casting, as in thinking of your perspective in the goal setting, moves your vibrations closer to the goal setting.

Be careful what you think of, cause it might come true. :-)

[edit on 21-5-2009 by lowki]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

Very true indeed but there seems to be a few versions of new age, you have the Spiritual Eastern New Age, and the Fantasy Western Roll Playing New Age. If there is any new age in me at all its entire Spiritual, this is simply to become enlightened/awake/ aware

I think you have hit on a very important point about some of the new Age stuff out there. Your right as its come to the West a lot of it has turned into some sort of role play. I see this a lot. These organisations have Commanders, Liberty Elders, and second officers.

Information about Ashtar and the location of the Command:
Identity: Ashtar Sheran
Base of Operations: Station of Patrol Schare, all projections, all waves
Planet of Operations: Shan (Earth)
Quadra Sector: BLAAU
The Commander Ashtar resides in the Station Schare (a spheroid station of quadra) or in the satellite ShanChea resident on terrestrial orbit

www.luisprada.com...

Over the past year I have studied several of these and really find them just a distraction from the true spiritual nature of what it is to be new age. For me it has nothing to do with space crews and commanders, I find this whole role play area not helpful at all.

There are countless similar galactic new age groups such as this on the internet, and your so right its all about role play.

i mean come on...is he really in the spheroid station of quadra in the satellite ShanChea resident on terrestrial orbit
!!! No I doubt it.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
To me this is the study of consciousness, which despite being very relevant to life, has been completely suppressed by the materialistic sciences for the past short while of human history, and throughout history misunderstood.

My own spiritual concepts are blends of new age, mysticism, the message of Jesus (though not the controlling religion), some of the pagans/wiccans, such as positive affirmations and many of the tools and techniques modern counselers use when dealing with clients, they're very akin to the wiccan affirmations I've read. All these things, are tools, bodies of information that various peoples, especially the ones not indoctrinated into narrow religions, have experimented with.

The only real name I prefer, is psi. Psi and spiritual thoughts go hand in hand really.

www.biomindsuperpowers.com...
Here is a wonderful array of Ingo Swann's database of articles and writing.
I've been busy taking notes on these. Currently, the one I'm on is:

This was a reworked paper he was invited to present to the UN. It regards the scientific advances that have established our psi connectors, but though discovered in some ways, for as many as 60 plus years now, mainstream science hasn't caught up.

Nevertheless, the hypothesis that human awareness is limited to the five physical senses has been a very powerful one within modernist philosophical and scientific contexts. So powerful, indeed, that early modern scientists never expected to discover the existence of bio-physical receptors additional to the famous five.

Information derived from other than the physical five senses was thought to be impossible, at least in theory. And it was upon this theory that psychic information, so-called, was scientifically rejected.

Indeed, many leading scientists between 1845 and about 1960 let it be known that there was "one scientific demand" which would never be fulfilled: the discovery of bio-physical receptors which would account for psychic information. So, scientific brotherhoods united around the conviction that until physical receptors for psychic information were discovered, then the information should be considered as illusory or psychopathological in origin.

But, now that these phsycial receptors have been discovered, it seems that science is still, not being very scientific, in adjusting to this reality.

So far, the new discoveries regarding the biological bases for psi faculties roughly fall into five categories. I have to get a little technical here, but I'll simplify just ahead.

These five general categories are:

* Minute chemical receptors and sensors
* Minute chemico-electro receptors and sensors
* Neural-network exchanges of information in the bio-internal body substrates
* Bio-electromagnetic information receptors and sensors
* Bio-information transfer networks at the atomic, molecular, and neurological levels...

1. Receptors in the nose sensing systems that "smell" emotions, and that can identify motives, sexual receptivity, antagonism, benevolence, etc. (All these are formats of what are commonly referred to as psychic vibe-sensing.)

2. Receptors in the ear sensing systems that detect and identify differences in pressure and electromagnetic frequencies (formats of ESP.)

3. Skin receptors that detect balance and imbalance regarding what is external to the bio-body, even external at some astonishing distances (formats of remote-sensing, a mixed form of ESP and clairvoyance.)

4. Skin receptors that detect motion outside of the body, even when the body is asleep (a format of subliminal ESP.)

5. Directional finding and locating receptors in the endocrine and neuropeptide systems (formats of dowsing, intermixed with formats of cognitive ESP or intuition.)

6. Whole-body receptors, including hair, that identify fluidic motions of horizontal, vertical, diagonal, even if not visually perceived (as, for example, in the "psychic" portion of the martial art of Akhido.)

7. Skin receptors that "recognize" the temperament of other biological organisms (a format of psi "reading".)

8. Subliminal sensory systems which locate and identify pitch of sound, a sense of heat across great distances, a sense of frequencies and waves, either mechanical or energetic (all being formats of ESP and vibe-sensing, sometimes also referred to as "shaman perceiving.")

9. Receptors that identify positive and negative charged particles at the atomic level. (The term utilized for this in psychical research is "micro-psi" but which is rare. However, it has been convincingly demonstrated, especially in the case of C. W. Leadbeater who published Occult Chemistry (1908). Thirty years before the invention of the electron-microscope he correctly described sub-atomic particles, many undiscovered at the time, but discovered since. Micro-psi faculties are mentioned as one of the ancient Sidhis of ancient India (see, for example, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali).)

10. Microsystem transducing of various forms of mechanical, chemical, and electromagnetic energy into meaningful nerve impulses (all commonly thought of as FORMS OF ESP.)

11. Receptors that sense gravitational changes (a form of PSYCHIC DOWSING.)

12. Neurological senses for interpreting modulated electronic information by converting it into analog signals for mental storage, interpretation, and cognition (one of the bio-mind bases for TELEPATHY.)

Just a touch of the list and the paper, but there is quite a long list of the biological receptors that we have as amazing sensing systems.

What assists in development of our inborn, natural bilogical sensing transductors, is many meditational and spiritual practices. Many of these are to be found in the Occult (hidden practices) and new age. Though I really believe we need to stay away from cults altogether.

As for guruing someone, the only someone I don't mind guruing is Ingo Swann, and wish he could still be with us.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Just a touch of the list and the paper, but there is quite a long list of the biological receptors that we have as amazing sensing systems

Thanks for that scientific link to what many of us know is there. Its a shame it still isnt accepted as proof though. When people start saying to me there are no chakras and Im just imagining all of this, I really cant provide proof, but scientific research like this is a step in providing that proof.

I am impressed with the way you have so much knowledge on many subjects Mystiq!!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well that research, into remote viewing and Ingo Swann is because I'm a bit psi, and its rather difficult when you don't have knowledge or even a language to really explain it or understand it. Yet, over time I had to trust myself and that my ability was really there, really a nuisance, when I ignored it, two people died. Though I really had no ability to actually save them either, but it was hard. I felt terrible for so long. I also knew exactly where a murder victims body was, and in what condition (well the type of scenario where it was, by a creek in the bank), when the police took over a year. It ended up being within walking distance of the main suspect who I knew was guilty, so I did question the legal proceedings and investigations as being rather LAME. My friends used to come to me thinking I could force IT, whatever IT was, and only have any real peace when I live like a hermit, which I usually do.

Then, I read some books on remote viewing and watched Ingo Swann's interviews on Coast to Coast, and it was so very much different. Just having the words I needed, that perhaps a less psi person might not understand even if read, made the world make sense. Oh was I relieved. We have senses all over our body, in our skin, in our nose, glial cells that outnumber other types of cells in ares 9/1 for sensing. We are sensing systems, and as Ingo pointed out, extremely over-endowed for the very small, limited 3d boxes we live in. What we think of as dimensions and exotic physics interpentrate each other.

In the coast to coast interview on Youtube, Art described a software program that had a white noise box and a picture, and when you concentrated you could turn the noise into the picture, and it graded the amount. So he had 90-95% success. But when he went away, did some yard work, came back and quickly did it, only 25-30%. This is PK. Its thought affecting the very tiny stuff we call matter, although its probably waves and the whole thing harmonic.

Well, Ingo really surprised me when he was trying to find out the programs, and he asked if it was the telepathy one? Apparently telepathy is similar to PK and also requires concentration. This is the opposite of remote viewing or normal psi sensing, which is a finer, softer impression you kind of pick these extra things up on the perimeter or a bit differently than ordinary senses. For that you need the zen mind, mindlessness. No concscious analytical overlay. This means meditation helps! But mindless chores do too.
Apparently my thyroid being killed completely, 100% ineffective, and producing that fog much of the time and certainly the mindless state a lot, creates alot of zen in me. But as a child, my grandmother knew I was psi and encouraged it, unknown to me at the time. We played memory all the time and I used to get 6 or more pairs frequently right off the top at the beginning. Then she would say I had a special gift and was like one of the relatives. I could only do that in childhood though.

The main thing is, scientifically, we are biologially equipped with many sensing toggles. Yet, suprisingly, mainstream science only teaches the 5 senses for the last 60 years, as though stuck in the dark ages. The one those who maintain power are terrified of is telepathy, and for us to know what we truly are. Because the use of our gifts would topple the pyramid of power. So they have people's minds completely mapped now, and Montaulk testimony talks of people being wired up to computers, with enhanced abilities such as being able to create something into being, and time travel.
The new project, Silent Talk, is technology enhanced microchip style telepathy for soldiers. But notice the microchip, and the control.

But all we need is to awake to our gifts and talents and gain in cooperation. If we weren't so frequently divided, then it doesn't take technology to enhance us, just a few of us gathered together. While they employ their continual quest for domination and a super psi technical marriage, we have the power to unite in meditation, in visualization, together with PK, or whatever, like many old computers turned into one supercluster computer.
The pyramid would be gone. Waking people up to what they are is the hard part. According to Ingo Swann, toggling these switches on, and bringing forth the ones we don't use that atrophied or didn't show up in some individuals due to ancestors not using them enough, takes some spiritual practices such as meditation, and setting the intent. We have to will it. The way you will to remember dreams before sleep.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I found what I was looking for.
Ingo Swann's database, its pretty long to go through and I couldn't remember where it was.

This link discusses Sanskrit and remote viewing as one of the Sidhis:

Now for the notes I was looking for from another one of his articles on the same website:

An expanded version of what will now briefly be outlined below can be found in this Website under the heading of TELEPATHY – THE OPENING UP OF, and those interested are invited to surf the Internet under the topics of TELEPATHY and MIRROR NEURONS.

In the April 30, 2005 issue of SCIENCE NEWS (Vol. 167, No. 18), their appeared a brief article entitled "Goal Oriented Brain Cells – Neurons may track action as a prelude to empathy."

This somewhat obtuse heading was then clarified as: "Neuroscientists in Italy listened in on monkeys' brain cells that they say may lie at the root of empathy, the ability to discern others' thoughts and intentions."

The scientific name given to these special brain cells was MIRROR NEURONS (possibly because they "reflected" what was going on in the neurons of others.)

Mirror neurons were first discovered in Macaque monkeys and later confirmed by MRI scanning also to exist in humans where they are located in Brodmann's area 44 (Broca's area) of the brain's cerebral cortex and elsewhere.

Mirror neurons are now scientifically defined as specializing neurons that (detect? respond to?) the "intentions and motives of others."

"Detecting intentions and motives of others" is, of course, the official, long-standing definition of TELEPATHY – and some scientists have noted (in print) that such neurons actually seem to place one in the minds of others, or, at least "mirror" what is going on in others' minds.

Among others, a neuroscientist scientist (at the University of California) indicated that via the special premotor cortex neurons "we are practically in another person's mind."....

Because of the recent discovery of mirror neurons in the premotor cortex of the brain and elsewhere in the biobody, interest has been stimulated behind the public scenes as to whether some kind of training might be possible so as to enhance and achieve higher performance efficiency of their functions.

This developmental interest is probably not so much inspired by the mere existence of such neurons, but more by the possibility that if "we don't try to develop them, others are sure to do so." Right?

So, you see, telepathy under any other name IS here to stay – if not in the general public per se, but certainly in the worldwide espionage games. Ironic, isn't it, that a cutting edge of science itself should discover the physical existence of little gray cells that substantiate the actual existence of something on which science itself expended much debunking.

So what is amazing is that we are still learning the limited and archaic science that in many ways has remained unaltered for decades, though not in their hands. I was just watching a show about Nostradamus in which the psychologists were debunking psi ability at the end, in this day and age, after all the research including biology breakthroughs, its criminal to be lying to the population and our children.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
And more from the same article concerning the Sanskrit and the biology:

(He discusses in depth Sanskrit and the Siddhis and in fact somewhere I read that this was very important information to mystics, scientists and researchers of psi, something we havn't been informed of. Also Sanskrit is an interesting language, very hard to translate into English for example and it would take a paragraph to describe a symbol.)

Basically speaking, in Sanskrit a PLANE refers to various hierarchical ranges of existence that "blend" with, into, and INTERPENETRATE all other planes. (So, finally, there is THAT word – in Sanskrit no less."

The physical matter world grades off and "upwards" into a "higher," more subtle ones, which in turn grades off into another more subtle, which in turn grades of into yet another higher, more subtle one, and etc., etc., etc., while the sum, or whole, of these grades interpenetrate, including interpenetration of the physical world.

In modernist materialistic mainstreams, there could not conceivably be a model for this kind of thing, and so it was thought of as a lot of hooey and occult nonsense.

However, a similar, if not exact, model for this is now in hand with the recent discoveries of dark, subtle, and exotic energies that interpenetrate, as well as interpenetrating multiple dimensions that are theorized as interpenetrated by same, including our matter-only reality – and including parallel universes.

So Stuff exists and interpenetrates – something the Sanskrit ancients were somehow aware of sufficiently enough so as to identify and create words AND a model for the apparently extensive "planes" of the interpenetrating Stuff.

It is thus to be expected that confusions about the nature of the super sensitivities and their transfers of information should come about, and especially so for the following reasons – i.e., Science has not succeeded in attaining either a complete model or a science of consciousness, and it seems that Science has missed at least half the brain in the first place.

The modernist scientific failure to achieve such a model is quite embarrassing, so it is not generally emphasized or brought to public attention. It was very daring of Roger Penrose (Professor of Mathematics at the University of Oxford) to intimately discuss the details of this embarrassing failure in his book entitled SHADOWS OF THE MIND: A SEARCH FOR THE MISSING SCIENCE OF CONSCIOUSNESS (1969).

The details rendered in this book are somewhat challenging and will not be reviewed here, but it is recommended for those brave enough to struggle through it.

A review of science missing at least half the brain is found in SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN (April, 2004) under the heading HAS SCIENCE MISSED HALF THE BRAIN - which title should read "Science HAS missed Half The Brain." This is a fascinating read. A brief explanation: It seems that for every one cell neuron in the brain, there are nine Glial cells that were once thought merely as providing neurons with "nourishment."

Now it is being recognized that Glial cells "may be nearly as critical to thinking and learning as neurons are" i.e., NINE times more critical.

Exactly how Glial cells might be "critical" is not discussed all that much in the article, but they seem to involve implications to "thinking and learning," all be it what kind of such is not discussed in any detail.

Even so, "thinking and learning" (and training, too) involve some kind of INFORMATION and INFORMATION TRANSFERS – this being a particular aspect of super sensitivity activity that seems to have "gone missing" so far, along with the missing science of consciousness and missing than half the brain, too.

So here is yet another Situation that briefly needs to be dissected.

Now one of the reasons truly understanding the extenct to which we as humans are sensing systems, in a multidimensional and interpenetrating universe, is to understand how much more we are then the little reality boxes, slave race they've tried to secure for themselves. So we can extend beyond our limits.

Now occult practices, mystery schools, and cults themselves, have been doing this in a variety of ways, and obviously the various practices have toggled these switches in people. And they are cooperatively joining together to accomplish more. But, I'd rather do it with psi development, and meditation, and personally experientially developed spirituality than buy into rules and often, as in cults, negative agendas. I certainly do not believe anyone has the right to victimize or abuse women in sexual rituals I keep reading about to manifest (PK????? Law of attraction????) Theres no need to abuse women, or men either by degrading something that is a joy and a gift to explore love and natural selection and attraction with.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join