It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hersh: Children sodomized at Abu Ghraib, on tape

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
What a bunch of lunatics here....

Not a shred of evidence is posted for this being true, the link provided by the OP Leads nowhere, no perpetrators are pointed out and dozens of lemmings are shouting that children WERE raped and calling for america to be destroyed.

WHAT IF this is not true?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by lucid eyes]

Personally I only commented on the pictures that ARE real. Perhaps you think this is acceptable behavior, I don't.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
American Soldiers did not sodimize children. Please Get a grip on reality!! More liberal puke lies and distortions spewed from the whitehouse and left wing anti-American media.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Im attacking this thread because many are posting as if it has been proven true. They are saying "Unbelievable! Children were raped!!!!!"

Turning that around to mean that I find torture acceptable is...unacceptable.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
i think that for anyone getting emotonal about this (which is easy to do) you can't think in a way necessary to come to a logical conclusion

if what this guy claims is true (and i believe there are always un-imaginable atrocties carried out in war) what would be the benefit from releasing distrurbing pics-----like this---to the public

Would you think that someone so INFURIATED by seeing these...might take matters in to his own hands and say (one nite after drinking a bit too much ....and maybe looking at the photos) he may just try to kill any troops that return..or just harass them or their family..........I think this would be inevitable...........and could lead to quite alot of CIVIL VIOLENCE we don't need this....

I think that torture was used and frankly i don't think i know enough to form an opinion about what should be the "consequences"........sure it is despicable......sure some of these detainee's may be there based on "suspicion"..........but war (excuse) me AN INVASION....is always ugly..........i would think you would need to go up the chain of command and try and see how high the orders came from........good luck figuring this out

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timefordatruth
American Soldiers did not sodimize children. Please Get a grip on reality!! More liberal puke lies and distortions spewed from the whitehouse and left wing anti-American media.

The problem is that it’s very clear torture was used, and the use of a loved one to extract intel is a common practice. What all methods were used?

If this is just propaganda then that needs to be heard from the administration. When kids are involved like this, silence is akin to an accused rapist who refuses a DNA test. Many many are hurt by this, and word of this will spread like a wildfire.

Those who remain tongue tied by their political ambition seem vilest of men! I would lay down my life for this country! Why is it I always get the feeling our president would turn tail and run if it came down to it?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Let me ask you this: If the memo's for acceptable torture that were released by the Bush administration do no state that sodomizing children (or similar verbage) was an acceptable form of U.S. torture, how exactly would anyone other than the persons who performed these act be held accountable?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Let me ask you this: If the memo's for acceptable torture that were released by the Bush administration do no state that sodomizing children (or similar verbage) was an acceptable form of U.S. torture, how exactly would anyone other than the persons who performed these act be held accountable?

International war crime tribunal. Geneva Convention.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
A quick comment on my previous post: It is valid regardless of the validity of this current bit of news. I haven't checked to see what sort of substance is behind the current link but I will say that this sort of thing is not at all unheard of, it's a trend and is part of a larger darkness that covers public affairs.

There is a pedophile network in modern society that permeates it at very levels and which slots into a larger control network commonly known as the NWO. This is the point I wanted to make, beyond a comment on the specific case.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm totally disgusted by this story.

Anybody who's trying to cover this up is a traitor to this country and his religion.

This is brought to you by your right wing evangelically elected right wing president.
I hope that all you guys that elected bush are happy. As far as I'm concerned you are all indirectly responsible.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindmelding
It is valid regardless of the validity of this current bit of news.

So its true whether its true or not?

WTF?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

A quick comment on my previous post: It is valid regardless of the validity of this current bit of news. I haven't checked to see what sort of substance is behind the current link but I will say that this sort of thing is not at all unheard of, it's a trend and is part of a larger darkness that covers public affairs.

There is a pedophile network in modern society that permeates it at very levels and which slots into a larger control network commonly known as the NWO. This is the point I wanted to make, beyond a comment on the specific case.

Well that is a new twist on the NWO, one I don't think has been discussed before. What sources do you have to back up the pedophile/NWO network? I'm not surprised, just not familiar.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Good point I never thought about that, but you make a very valid observation. Why indeed. This as you said could very well be planned in order to "harden" the military personnel against American citizens. By playing on the emotions of the population, the scenario you mentioned may very well be carried out a thousand times. This in turn will make even the soldiers that would not participate in this kind of behavior become bitter with the citizens. Then, when and if marshal law is implemented the soldiers will not hesitate to do what they are ordered to do. Notice you were never shown one single picture of a soldier protesting this behavior. This could in fact be intentional as to mislead the public into forming the belief that all soldiers are as (I can not even think of an appropriate word to use here) inhumane as those enjoying themselves in the pictures.

As for the young lady who just responded to me (sorry I forgot your name). The pictures that we do have pretty much tell the story. There seems to be a common theme of making the prisoners naked and in many cases having them in compromising positions that HIGHLY suggest sexual deviance, like those with men being forced to put their face in another man's genitals. It would seem obvious to me that what the OP suggests would not only be likely, but would also be highly probable and that notion is based SOLELY on the behaviors they have already demonstrated.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I fully agree with everything you said. It's been drilled into our head since 9/11 that they hate us because we are freedom loving people. I've have never believed that to be true. I've always known that it's because of our over involvement in the affairs of middle eastern politics.

I'm not saying that these terrorists are justified in their actions. The ends do not justify the means. The same goes for us here in the US.

What I am saying is that I understand how they could have been driven to such anger resulting in them causing violence against us.

One poster mentioned that we should have just left Saddam as the "ruler of his hell". I'm sorry to say that I believe this is true. Far more people have died at the hands of both the US and terrorists than at the hands of Saddam alone. Aside from our own troops who have died.

Ask any Iraq citizen and the majority of them will say that even though Saddam was a horrible man, they had a much better quality of life. Now there's terror in the streets and fear of death at every corner.

The only thing I'm interested in about this revelation about the rape of these poor, poor children is who did it? Who turned their heads and let it happen? Who thought it would be a good way to torture these women by defiling their little babies?

I made the mistake of reading this at work. Thank god no one was hear because, try as I did, I could not hold back the tears.

I hope to all that is good in this universe that these people pay a very, very, very high price for what they did. This includes anyone who knew about it and did nothing.

I agree w/ most when I say that if this is what these pictures Obama doesn't want released have to do w/ they shouldn't be. But the information should and it may make matters worse but we deserve it.

All of us...why? Because none of us, including myself, has done anywhere near enough to stop these bastards from tarnishing America's image. I'm not saying I hope we get our due, just that, if it comes, I wouldn't blame the perpetrators one bit.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

It is valid regardless of the validity of this current bit of news.

So its true whether its true or not?

WTF?

How much further would those capable ot these acts go?

www.antiwar.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The sad thing about all this abuse and torture mess, is that if this was done under a Democrat president, the Republicans would not hesitate to use these evidences of atrocities to bury the Democrats. Look at how they are trying to implicate the Dems of knowing about what was going on. Not that the Dems ordered these abuses. No, but that they were aware of it! Do you torture apologists have no shame or empathy with the rest of mankind?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

So its "guilty until proven innocent"?

And: How did boys get there in the first place? Who raped them and why?

I guess its more important to call for the Destruction of America than to be asking for some evidence.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

I think the evidence is already there. And we can see that there are guitly there. Those boys didn't rape themselves.

We now need to find the guilty. That's all.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Sources? Just get a news feed and watch it for a few months. These cases trickle in regularly and form a pattern. I just extrapolate into the larger picture. Also you have a few people, like Tim Rifat for example, that say that there is satanistic child sacrifice in elitist circles. I don't know exactly who does what, but I've seen enough to imagine that the bigger picture envolves the type of network I mentioned in the post. Oh, and there's plenty of state run orphaneges that have had sex scandals envolving high public officials, it's pretty common in european news.

I don't believe in coincidences, these perverts are organised.

Oh, and this is the real secrecy, not UFO's and disclosure, the aliens are probably disgusted by our ruling classes and wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot anal probe

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Have any of you ever wondered how much German citizens knew about the Holocaust before the Allies started seizing the camps?

This is probably still just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameneter

I beg you not to taint this discussion with the fantasy partisan popularity clubs.

A Senator is a Senator, a Congressperson is a Congressperson, their responsibilities to uphold the Constitution doesn't change depending on their party affiliation.

They (the political elite) were (and remain) all directly responsible to ensure that this war was being conducted in accordance with the Constitutional guidelines and laws as they stand NOW.

Party affiliation is crap. It's part of the scam, they change parties just like they they change their undergarments, whenever they feel they are too soiled to continue the charade of cleanliness.

For those of you stalwartly complaining about how we who are offended by this allegation are 'lunatics' or 'cry babies' I ask you to consider...,

Is this allegation to be treated as if it were completely unfounded? Shall we play the legal 'vacuum' of evidence game? Shall we vilify the bearers of this allegation? Shall we presume it is a lie, or propaganda?

I ask these questions because it seems to me that if you alleged something as tragically inhuman as sodomy and abuse, you would want it looked into - earnestly, and without political games or agendas.

Crime is crime. To make the determination regarding it's validity it must be examined, not ignored until 50 years later..., which is the trademark practice of our elite leadership.

Yes the allegation is outrageous, because the crime itself is outrageous.

Justice is not negotiable. If it is true, someone must answer for it, if it is false, someone must answer for the fabrication. Either way, hiding your head in the sand because it's too ugly to contemplate is recklessly naive.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join