It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celente: The "Bailout Bubble" The Bubble to End All Bubbles

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I cant make out anything from these posts, seems theres never any proof one way or another, and what little info there is someone will dispute it. One thing for sure theres alot of people that are either going to look good or look like fools when things pan out. Alex jones would fall apart...Gerald celente would look stupid, come to think of it, anyone that knows anything about the economy is saying the U.S. is doomed. 11 trillion in debt. and theres still hopeful people on here saying were fine.
oh god take me now before I have to rescue fools from the camps.....another fine post of nothingness.....
As for godlikeproductions there afraid of there own shadow, any concentrated religeous areas IP's are banned automatically from signing up, wake up sheeple there agents of disinfo.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by colt122]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Where's the link to the original article????????

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

It may burst earlier than that as right now, even Obama is coming forward to say today that our deficit is becoming unsustainable.

So while we have been talking about that fact here in ATS since the first TARP money was released with another bailout when he became president with another bail out to hit on June 1 now they are looking at how this is going to accumulate to numbers that are to become to obscene to mention.

Morons is what we got running government now a days.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Skeptic pointed out the correlation with the last poll results and increasingly optimistic views on the economy from MSM:

MSM propaganda works incredibly well.. if they say it, people believe it.

Man that’s the truth.

I keep trying to warn people of what is coming in the next few months/years and nobody listens. They actually think Nobama has a handle on things and it will be business as usually very soon. But I always ask them "what has Nobama or anyone else in the government done to fix things?". They don't really know what to say. They see the stock market go up and think things are turning around but they just can't seem to comprehend that the only reason it has gone up is because the government has injected trillions of dollars into the system. When those dollars, fake as they are, dry up, everything will come crashing down!

Nothing is going to get better until the underlying problems with the economy have been addressed and if the past 8 months (or twenty years) are any indication the underlying problems will never be addressed.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Where's the link to the original article????????

There is no link, the articles get emailed to me.
My company has a subscription to the Trends Research Institute.

I received one last Friday also, if any one wants to have a read i can post it up here or should i start a new thread?
Here is a snippet, Its titled "Green Shoots or Greatest Depression?"

Kingston, NY, 7 May 2009 -- The financial fields replete with sprouting "green shoots" should be viewed with suspicion, if not alarm, warns Gerald Celente, The Trends Research Institute Director. "They are not a mirage, but they are ephemeral."

Field Marshall Ben Bernanke and his Green Shoot Brigade have fertilized the economic landscape with trillions of sweat equity dollars extorted from today's public and the public of generations to come. Regardless of how depleted the land, heavy doses of dollars spread so thickly over the financial and government territories, will force "green shoots" to grow. But the fundamentals of the economy remain unsound. They will not be corrected by forced fertilizing barren acreage.

"'Green shoots' may sprout," said Celente, "but they will not flower. The economy cannot be coerced back into growth with tons of money manure."

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
How is the United States sustaining a *AAA* Credit rating despite all of the money printing (9.7 Trillion)...it is time to count our losses and start to learn to live off the land like our Forefathers have....if not Starve and die...Silver / Gold or not....

Wake up Sheeples...Death is not that bad...but it may be bad in this day and age...many have come as "Wanderers" and if you off yourself...you are missing the rewards that you originally came for in the beginning...

You are to teach those that are not otherwise able to understand...so that they may progress...Love and Light...is a short order these days...unless those that are truly available to project this...love and light...in lieu of bodily/mental hinderance...

We are all "ONE"...regardless of Genetic Manipulation/Mutation...be calm...be at one...and most importantly...help those that "CALL"...

The Native Indians had it down pat...they realized that we are far too dependent on the foodstuffs of the "FAST FOOD CHAINS"...am I a crazy...maybe...or maybe not...welcome to the new Millenium...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by colt122

As for godlikeproductions there afraid of there own shadow, any concentrated religeous areas IP's are banned automatically from signing up, wake up sheeple there agents of disinfo.

GLP, banned me because i used a ATS post as a 'source' tht underscored the point i was making..

those dumbkoffs considered my reply as 'spamming'... what a crew of meatheads ! good riddance to bad rubbish is what i think...

? what else did you say?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Yeah, right, in our major cities people are putting higher prices on their homes when they list them, and that means that a housing recovery has began? Talk about being overly optimistic. Yeah, bailout money has given the stock markets a little bounce, but it won't last.

What do you watch to show how our economy is doing? Unemployment is the key figure, because the less people working, the less people with money to spend.

www.bloomberg.com...

Payrolls fell by 539,000 in April and the jobless rate climbed to 8.9 percent, the highest level since 1983, Labor figures showed last week. The economy has lost 5.7 million jobs since the recession began in December 2007, the most in any economic slump since the Great Depression.

The state of California just announced that they are going to lay off huge numbers of people. There is no sign that the bleeding is going to stop soon. The biggest problem is that the money the government is putting out isn't going to the right people. The money shouldn't be going to bailout investors, that is throwing money away, it should be going to create jobs.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The problem I have with his report is that "WW3" or some other large scale war (big enough to necessitate large-scale military / defense spending) would require much destruction to the countries involved. If the USA is to be one of the victims of this kind of conflict, wouldn't it be counter-productive for a "globalist" or "NWO leader" to destroy and pollute the towns and cities of the workers they NEED to sustain their wealth? Who will be around to serve them cocktails and caviar, or sell them a new Ferrari, or sell them gas for their Ferrari, when mushroom clouds are hanging around everywhere.

I think this needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I could image some type of "false-flag" happening but not all-out global warfare. It just wouldn't make sense. What fun is cruising around in your yacht when you are monitoring Rad levels while you are out??

I think they are content with debasing the markets, and then claiming "look at our growth numbers & profit" on the way back up. Of course you're making money, you just cashed out and debased the market 40%, and bought cheap stocks at the bottom.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by colt122
Alex jones would fall apart...

Alex Jones will wiggle his way out of it, he'll continue to make up $*** just to keep his fan base going. He has made and continues to make errors in his predictions, and yet he changes the tune a little and continues to sing "SEE!?!?! WHAT DID WE TELL YA!?!?!?!?! WE WAS RIIGHT ALL ALONG!!!! AND THERE ARE BASTARDS ON OUR WEBSITE THAT TELLS US IT'S NOT TRUE!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!"

I listed to his radio for a while, and stopped over a month ago. I remember him building up to something big toward the end of 2008, a big war, a big conflict. He was predicting middle east. When the war with Georgia broke out, that caught everyone by surprise, including Alex Jones. Yet, he went on claiming that that's what they were predicting all along, that's what the globalists planned, and that's EXACTLY what Alex Jones has been predicting.

Wrong. He never even though of Georgia. And it never was the conflict that Alex Jones was building it up/hyping it up to be. And yet, in the books of all his fans, Alex Jones was correct. That's because he does the thinking for them, by telling them what to think.

He made some interesting and truthful comments, but his tactics, his constant push for DVD sales, his site being ad-laden to the extreme - and you know he is about making money far, far, far more than about delivering truthful news.

He spins just about every news item into a doom and gloom scenario. And he breeds utter distrust to every authority. I don't trust authorities blindly. But one cannot go living a decently adjusted individual if one believes Alex Jones and his interpretation.

I still visit his site several times a week to see if anything interesting catches my eye, and there is usually enough to do so.

I applaud him on many levels, such as exposing police brutality. But don't think that he will fall apart if his predictions don't come true. He'll wiggle out.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACEMANN
The problem I have with his report is that "WW3" or some other large scale war (big enough to necessitate large-scale military / defense spending) would require much destruction to the countries involved. If the USA is to be one of the victims of this kind of conflict, wouldn't it be counter-productive for a "globalist" or "NWO leader" to destroy and pollute the towns and cities of the workers they NEED to sustain their wealth? Who will be around to serve them cocktails and caviar, or sell them a new Ferrari, or sell them gas for their Ferrari, when mushroom clouds are hanging around everywhere.

I think this needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I could image some type of "false-flag" happening but not all-out global warfare. It just wouldn't make sense. What fun is cruising around in your yacht when you are monitoring Rad levels while you are out??

I think they are content with debasing the markets, and then claiming "look at our growth numbers & profit" on the way back up. Of course you're making money, you just cashed out and debased the market 40%, and bought cheap stocks at the bottom.

world war three doesnt have to involve nukes, i dont know why everybody thinks it does..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
How a war was to be fought would really depend on what the goals are.

1) An invasion by things from space would probally result in someone using nukes because there is a good chance that if they came to invade, they are planning on staying and have no intention of leaving. It's also likely a us vs. them situation with the PTB/NWO willing to loose civilians to try and stop the war.

2) A US/China/Russia war brought about by depleated resources. The invader would be trying to keep resources/infrastructure intact. They may be willing to use nukes against military targets or C&C sites as far as they are far from need resources etc. They would likely be willing to kill civilians because if they are desperate enough for what ever they came for they would want to decrease the number of people that they need to feed etc when it's over.
The defender would likely be more willing to use Nukes, but probally only on the invaders territory.

3) A US/China/Russia war brought about by the NWO. I can see a couple of Nukes against some less desirable population centers just to scare the sheeple into accepting anything done in the name of "security or safety". Again the NWO if it's running both sides in a conflict is likely to be very careful about what they smash, but would likely have at least one major 'event' to sway opinion.

4) A war spilling over from a minor conflict - likley Isreal and Iran could be another matter with groups fighting solely for the destruction of others on religious grounds more likely to use a nuke. Unless the NWO is pulling the strings on this which I think they are.

Just my two cents worth on the issue of nukes and a war.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
S&F. Great find, thread, comments.

BTW - Love that term "econo-jargon." Like bureaucrap, but nicer.

Anyway, we knew this was coming once Bush broke the bank to pork his buddies. Like the coming pandemic, the question is "not if, but when."

Too bad. I was starting to have a really good life.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Re-tesh you need to differentiate between asking prices and selling prices......(the former can rise due to people WANTING to believe the economy is turning up....and/or hoping they can prey on the hope that other's believe the same and FEAR they should buy before the market rises again......the latter are fools....the former i can't blame as they have been waiting for any excuse to legitimately hope they may get a higher price offering

also and in addition to the above phenomena one must be careful differentiating between dead cat bounce in prices and a longer established trend regarding house prices IMO

lastly i'm also not exactly sure what the flaws maybe concerning the limitations of the types of home's listed by altos.....i.e (only loans backed by Fannie/freddie.....or just the "lower 60 % of the market)

While it is optomistic to see that the latest data for some cities is slightly rising asking prices on month to month data.......there is also the possibility of an avalanche of homes that banks are holding and will be added to the current supply ....not to mention that a downturn in stocks could equal a weed-wacker meeting the "green shoots"...
this would apply more downward force to prices combined with rising and continuing unemployment looking pretty dreary....especially considering the questionable alchemy the BLS model uses...combine this with how the sheep may be temporarily buying into green shoots and i am not holding my breathe for any type of significant prices ascension....bottoming in some areas yes....

I know this may not be what you WANT to hear and you can HOPE (i do secretly lol) but really there is a place and value to positive thinking and i'm not sure of the benefits of doing this with asset trends or economic trends .... i think it is actually quite costly

however the most depressed areas of the country could be at a bottom......but for the banks credit card defaults and commercial real estate defaults.......and corporate defaults are all rising.....so they will be under INCREASING pressure going forward....also the consumer still has very high levels of debt and less job security (if a job at all)........Recovery is a pipe dream..........L shaped recession/depression is the future reality

[edit on 15-5-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
world war three doesnt have to involve nukes, i dont know why everybody thinks it does..

I will never understand why people are so quick to believe Russia or China would pop off nukes. It's this automatic "OMGZ DUCK AND COVER THE NUCKLAR PAWNZER" response. Sorry, i had to make it somewhat funny.

Either way i doubt the Russians/Chinese are anymore fond of the idea of being vaporized in thermonuclear war as most other residents of the world are. I think this "war" will be economic. I'm of the opinion this ponzi scheme has gotten so huge the so-called elite have no control over it. The Russians have their own interests at stake. They are not going to allow their resources to be sucked into a war so easily.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
If you look at the trends of wealth distribution since about the 1880ties, you will see that the industrial age brought new levels of wealth that made business men like kings. Ruthless manipulation of the markets made these market barons wealthy, but they have always resulted in severe economic swings of boom and bust. This is a direct result of inequitable distribution of income, and this is exactly what is going on today.

When the great depression hit, the wealthy were at their peak, with a free market style approach of the U.S. government under Coolidge. Essentially, without government doing its job of regulating business, and thereby reducing corruption to a sustainable level, corruption took over the markets, and that is what cause the Great Depression, just as that is what is causing our current troubles. However, the Great Depression greatly changed the power and control of the wealthy, and the income gap was cut greatly, and continued to dwindle, bottoming out at the end of the 1970ties. After Reagan took over, the income gap began to climb at a substantial rate, bringing us to this current point where we are on the cusp of another Great Depression. The elites do not want such a depression, because most likely it will achieve the same results, a great reduction in the wealth and power of the elites.

The problem is that they were too greedy to stop themselves from repeating history.

There is another solution, besides world war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join